Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men 40+ and Childless      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Men 40+ and ChildlessPage 12 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Just found a related article today- helps explain a few things- See here

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2014/09/marriage-market

Select quotes
"These ancient preferences, combined with wrenching changes in the labour market, have shaken up the marriage market. Women are much more likely to have jobs than they were half a century ago; men, somewhat less so. Women today find it easier to cope without a male breadwinner. At the same time, many find the pool of potential husbands less appealing.
In 1960 young, never-married women were spoilt for choice. For every 100 of them aged 25-34, there were 139 young, never-married men with jobs vying for their attention. In 2012 there were just 91. For some groups, the gap is much bigger. "
"The raw ratio of bachelors to bachelorettes varies with age. There are 118 unmarried 25-year-old men for every 100 single women, since women are more likely to marry young. Around the age of 40, the ratio is roughly even. From then on, the surplus of men turns into a deficit: by the age of 64 there are only 62 unmarried men, with or without jobs, for every 100 unmarried women."
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 277
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 10/6/2014 4:20:46 AM
I have two children. I exercised my reproductive rights and I chose parenthood over the alternative in a heartbeat.

I respect other people's choices and I'd never dream of asking somebody so personal. If someone tells me no, it means no, and that's the end of it.
 DragonBits
Msg: 278
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:21:19 AM
I looked at the WebMD report you gave a link to.

Less than half of men of appropriate age, 15 to 44 said they had fathered at least one child. Its no wonder your running into a lot of them on here. Its not as odd as some might think. Truly in general women want kids more than men.

The report shows that of the 61 million U.S. men aged 15-44 in 2002:
•More than half had kids aged 19 and younger.
•More than a third lived with their kids.
•7% didn't live with their kids.
•6% live with some of their children and not others.

Almost all dads (98%) supported the statement, "The rewards of being a parent are worth it despite the cost and work it takes."

http://www.webmd.com/men/news/20060601/how-many-men-become-fathers

98% of dads say the rewards are worth it despite the cost and work.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 279
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 10/6/2014 6:36:28 AM
Volcano King, I so agree with you. I have two kids, they are not always easy to deal with and tie me down and keep me from being the carefree, spontaneous, ready-for-anything at a moment's notice kind of woman that men want. But oh well, I love my kids, I have no regrets whatsoever for having them, and in fact I'm glad I have them. They will always be my kids, while many men may come and go out of my life. I enjoy spending a Saturday night at home with my kids more than going on a date with another random dude from the internet most of the time. If a guy doesn't like kids or holds it against me for any reason, that's his problem, not mine.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 280
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:04:57 AM

have kids only if you and your spouse genuinely want children to nurture,care for and teach right from wrong and respect for other people.

Yes, I would agree with you on that......it is a great responsibility in raising children into this world or any other world for that matter. lol
As whatever u choice is yours & only with your S/O in laying out....if planning a family first is in the scheme of things.....

As for all the other reasons why, is all up to conjecture & personal preferences. As reading the posts here & all their reasons why or why not.

And personally for me, as hard it was at times , as I loved it, raising & living in a family setting nonetheless. As what I also found out that I got to relive my childhood memories again & realized it was not as bad as I thought. lol
And yes, my personally wants were put on hold, as their needs & wants were foremost, as for many, I can see why this would be very hard if imposable for them to do.
As now.... with them, children living their own life in adult hood, I can enjoy & do the things, travel,hobbies,entertainment etc on a much more leisure pace now. lol

And I remember when I went to collage in the early 70's after serving in the military, in this one class we talking about the world population & its growth, it was quite a wake up call ! & it said that to keep it a near 0 level in growth , it was recommend to only have 2 children if planing to have family. As it would keep from the planet from over population....I listened but for a lot,did not....as that is up to conjecture too.........

And if you ask me if I regretted raising a family it, in a heart beat no ! lol
 petula1908
Msg: 281
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:02:03 PM
Why would they have to explain themselves to you? There are many reasons a man doesnt father children. You sound rather angry I have to say. Doesnt mean to say they are not uncles or have children in their lives, after all. I know many parents who wish they didnt have children and
when I think of the children that are in abusive households!! Some of us are not on the Earth just to breed.

Some men do have children later in life, whether it is a good thing or not, depends. As a woman I have never had children but I relate very well to them and have them all around me as neighbours.
 Biscotty89
Msg: 282
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/9/2014 10:51:59 AM
I am a male 52 year old also a widowed , looking to find a nice Christian woman from 45 to 55 year old, how would I be doing that on free web site
Please let me know ,thank you ,from David Lipscomb
 petula1908
Msg: 283
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/9/2014 9:46:26 PM
why not try a Christian website and for mature persons?? If you only want a free website your options as a man will be limited. I would also not advertise your whole name in cyberspace.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/22/2014 10:53:00 PM
I have ended up childless beause the women in both my relationships were unable to. My fisrt had a hysterectomy at 19, long before I met her. My second has five daughters and had her tubes tied, once again, before I met her. I helped raise three of her daughters and love them as if they were my own. I am certainly not against having children and think about it from time to time. I'm also not against becoming involved with a woman that does have children. I stayed in those relationships knowing I couldn't have my own children because I was in love with them and it wouldn't have been right to end a relationship over that, that would have been selfish and inconsiderate for me to do so. A commitment is meant to be kept, for better or worse. That is just how I was raised and what I believe in. It's either all in or all out.
I realise my way of thinking might be slightly out of date but that's just who I am. Maybe I over commit and sacrifice too much of myself? Only time and the right person can answer that.
 ladyc4
Msg: 285
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/23/2014 12:33:48 PM

I helped raise three of her daughters and love them as if they were my own.
IMO, then you are NOT childless.
There are lots of men running around who have biological children they've never done a damn thing for.

Modern science, medicine and technology have made it possible for parenthood to be a choice. So what is the problem if someone has chosen to NOT be a parent?
I don't think one can look at the simple fact of being child-free as proof of some defect. One has to look at the bigger picture.
Cindy O
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 286
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/23/2014 2:54:57 PM

One has to look at the bigger picture.

A trait sorely lacking in human society.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 287
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/29/2014 5:51:04 AM

I have ended up childless beause the women in both my relationships were unable to. My fisrt had a hysterectomy at 19, long before I met her. My second has five daughters and had her tubes tied, once again, before I met her. I helped raise three of her daughters and love them as if they were my own. I am certainly not against having children and think about it from time to time. I'm also not against becoming involved with a woman that does have children. I stayed in those relationships knowing I couldn't have my own children because I was in love with them and it wouldn't have been right to end a relationship over that, that would have been selfish and inconsiderate for me to do so. A commitment is meant to be kept, for better or worse. That is just how I was raised and what I believe in. It's either all in or all out.
I realise my way of thinking might be slightly out of date but that's just who I am. Maybe I over commit and sacrifice too much of myself? Only time and the right person can answer that.

From what I've gleaned of your other posts, I believe you're telling the truth. You have experience with children; but, no, you're not their father. If you have a relationship with the children, still, I don't know if the definition of childless or with children can satisfy this commendable situation. You just have experience.
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/30/2014 11:42:12 AM
I did not procreated children because I am adopted and I learned early that one does not need to procreate if they desire children in their families and lives.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/30/2014 8:59:50 PM
Men without chidren are a good thing. They are not paying child support. Therefore perhaps they can help support us single women without children
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 290
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/30/2014 9:10:57 PM
Cool, it's great to stage right off the bat that you're a gold digging princess. Cuts down the bullshit . You should put that on your profile. Although, some think your a tranny or in drag.
 mutter46
Msg: 291
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 11/30/2014 9:32:19 PM
I would like to know where these men are at. I am looking for a man that is 45+ and no children. Because that is me a woman in her 40's and no children. So where are you finding these men?
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/2/2014 4:53:27 PM
There's one in West Decatur. :-P
 petula1908
Msg: 293
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/4/2014 3:50:36 PM
Yes the Biatch from British Columbia made that comment, she is good at casting aspersions at others but doesn't have the guts to load a pic of herself. Not even on a profile where she is purporting to looking to date. That one has a history from way back and is trying her luck again.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 294
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/6/2014 9:17:42 PM

I run into alot of men in their 40s and beyond that never had children and it always makes me wonder: What happened? Could you men in your 40s+ explain why is it you never had children (those that don't)? How and why do you think you can relate to a woman that has children? Do you think about having children when you are 50 or older or what? I assume that must cut out alot of women in their later 30s and 40s and beyond for dating.

When I run into women in their 40s with children who are looking to date... it always makes me wonder: What happened?

Could you single women in your 40s+ with children explain why is it you are single (those that are)?

How and why do you think you can relate to a man that doesn't have children?

Did you ever think that there is more to life than having children or what?

A lot of single women with children in their later 30s and 40s and beyond are available for dating.
"Dating" does not include children.
So the for single women with children that are so agonized with the idea of dating men who have no children
Listen up.....You are generally the first to be kicked off those men's dating list.
 gtomustang
Msg: 295
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/7/2014 5:28:28 PM
Why didn't I want children? I wasn't thrilled about paying $100,000 for a person defined as childish and immature, and I can feel loved without having a child. But that's me. i don't make fun of peoples' opinions, only if they result in something truly funny :)

Why didn't I have childen? b/c condoms aren't expensive. never understood not taking responsibility for something you're not ready yet.

How can I relate to a woman who has children? Easy. She's a human being. Chances are, at her age, her kids likely are moving out of the nest, so she's as much a "sexy woman" as a "mom" (I once met a married woman ready to cheat b/c she had totally become a mom, and forgot what being considered sexy was like). I took care of a mom with dementia and a father with Parkison's, I can probably relate to the trials and tribulations.

Do I think about having kids? If I did, I'd get off my butt and do something about it, likely adopt....yeah, for the same reason I'd save a dog from the kennel before the mall, i'll be honest about that.
 LoveTulip
Msg: 296
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:03:23 PM
If you know several men over 40 who are never married and never had kids, send them my way. I am divorced without kids. I am looking for the same. I just took on a 2 year relationship with a divorced man with 2 teenage daughters who lived with him. And an ex wife who is still a big part of the picture. It''s all drama, drugs, disrespect, stealing, lying, that they learned from their mother. No thank you! Send me someone without all of that as it's too overwhelming to me.
 LoveTulip
Msg: 297
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:28:46 PM
Everyone has a different situation but I always thought that women got married for 2 reasons (and of course being in love).
1. For financial stability
2. To have children and start a family
Some women and men opt not to have children and not to marry. There are more single people for the first time ever than there are married people. I also think that 50% of the marriages out there are not happy, not monogamous, and not healthy with what I see. But, for me ? I would LOVE to get MARRIED again. My reason for not is because I want to marry for LOVE again and stay married... xo
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 298
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2014 9:00:32 AM
What I see more and more out there is that many men and women do not have kids. If you look in the LA area there are plenty of women in the 40s who have no kids. I also find that the person with no kids is more desirable. Be other singles with no kids or single parents who would rather date someone with no kids. The thing is that no one wants to deal with someone else kids, Even if you have kids yourself.
As for me I do not date a woman with kids no matter how much else about her is perfect. I just don't want to deal with someone else kids.
Seeing how much headache, Effort, Time , Energy and just flat out suck the life out of some people by the end of the day. Yes its true just ask my mom lol. Lets not forget that by the time all said and done you could have gotten your self a Ferrari and you would have still saved some money . I would rather have a nice dog.
The funny thing I have a friend who said same thing and then he meet his wife. He said that when you know that you meet the right woman you want to have a kid with her. He is very happy I would give him that.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 299
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2014 5:25:42 PM

Everyone has a different situation but I always thought that women got married for 2 reasons (and of course being in love).
1. For financial stability
2. To have children and start a family

You're Childless & Divorced.....

Did You Marry for Money or get Divorced because the 2 of You didn't Produce any Children?
 cooldog65
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2014 6:22:11 PM

I would LOVE to get MARRIED again. My reason for not is because I want to marry for LOVE again and stay married... xo

So based on the 2 reasons you listed, it would be financial stability based on your age (48)?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men 40+ and Childless