Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men 40+ and Childless      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tangofish
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Men 40+ and ChildlessPage 14 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I'll be 70 and childless, and I have absolutely no reservations. That is assuming I make it to 70.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 327
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2015 10:38:13 AM
The way I see it, if a guy doesn't have kids because he didn't want any, he's not going to be thrilled about mine. So that won't work.

If he doesn't have any but would still want some, it would be a no go for me, because I'm done having kids. So that scenario won't work either.

If he already has kids and wants more - that might work if he can accept that my kids are the "more" kids. Could possibly work.

If he already has kids and is done having them - perfect. This is my ideal scenario.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2015 2:06:24 PM
I am with you spider, no man has to explain why he does not have children. Just because a man may have not had any biological children for whatever reason, does not preclude them from being good with children and being fond of them.

It is the older guy (grandpa age) that partners with a younger woman, often half his age, and breeds with her, that I would take issue with. He has no thought of what happens when he passes over and the kids are still relatively young.
 tangofish
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2015 3:35:10 PM

Possibly a drunken good time=)

Are you volunteering damselfish? Because I'm in the mood for some fornication... Er, I mean fun-times.
 Seki1949
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/19/2015 4:41:50 PM
BEER! Proudly Making Babies for 20,000 Years! Remember that name, BEER! Accept no substitutes!
 ohenryx
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/20/2015 10:20:54 AM

2muchluck
Some men have NOT even been married by age 40...and might not want an illegimate child.
Some men may have fertility issues...just like women...IE mumps or low motility.
Some men are so career oriented in their younger years...they do not make time for serious relationships/offspring.
Women have the biological clock...and it would be possible, yet risky over 40 to procreate.
Men can reproduce as long as their penis works...so not the same time constraint...they just wait until 45-50 and look for a 35 year old to bear their children.
The sad thing is then when they are divorced and back on here and they are 52 and have a 7 yr. old and a 5 yr. old...women MY age are not going to be necessarily interested in them.
(Speaking from experience of viewing many profiles of middle aged men on POF in TX)
(My own EX is turning 49 with a 39 yr. old wife and has a 2 1/2 year old daughter plus his 3 post high school aged kids)

Hey, a new user here on the forums! Welcome, we need new blood.

And she’s cute, too bad I can’t message her. I just had a birthday, and she’s now across the 14 year divide. Rats!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/20/2015 4:37:44 PM
Not everyone who gets married feels it is" a death do us part" thing. Many people are carrying on liaisons already with other people, married because they were pressured into it, there is a baby on the way or perhaps felt it was time to do the deed. I know more than one person already regretting taking the final step but felt it was too late to back out.
what happens with those who have married 6 or more times? Did they feel it was forever lol!!
 Maleman999
Msg: 333
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/21/2015 2:45:50 PM
^^^If marriage shouldn't be an "until death do us part" arrangement, what should be the length of time that a marriage lasts? It wouldn't be a bad idea to have to renew marriage vows every five years or so, and if either one does want renewal, grant an instant divorce.

As for the friends in a common-law relationship that are happier than most married people, is there a set life expectancy on their relationship? If marriage shouldn't be "until death do us part", that means common-law shouldn't be as well. Lots of luck walking away from a common-law arrangement without any hassles if there are joint assets and/or kids involved.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 334
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/21/2015 5:47:17 PM

^^^If marriage shouldn't be an "until death do us part" arrangement, what should be the length of time that a marriage lasts?

Only as along as everything is perfect.

Adjust those wedding vows:

"For richer NOT poorer, in health NOT in sickness"

You know, when a problem arises, well, then it's time to bail because the happily ever Disney music stops.
 eggsalad1
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/22/2015 9:55:03 PM
I hate kids! Even when I was a kid, I hated kids.

I'm not fond of puppies or kittens, either.

Why should I have a kid if I hate kids??
 Enigma08
Msg: 336
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/23/2015 7:09:05 PM
I did not miss anything by remaining single and childless, I do find it humorous the accusations single childless men have hurled at them, afraid to commit, fear of women which I find baseless and laughable I have been told I do not understand how it is to raise a child, but then again being one that keenly observes and learns well from the mistakes of others I am quite aware and fully understand the family dynamics.

Having been the recipient of fowl mouthed tirades from some women for having the strength to make a pointed observation those women bore out my point precisely.

It is not that the majority of women do not trust single childless men over 40, it is more of the matter that such man has for some time used common sense good judgment and walked his path alone, he does not need a woman and this is what scares them they know he does not need them and that they can not manipulate him, so to cover up their agenda they make baseless ridiculous assertions and assumptions and by doing so reveal themselves to be as they truly are.
 2ufo
Msg: 337
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/23/2015 7:58:34 PM

It is not that the majority of women do not trust single childless men over 40, it is more of the matter that such man has for some time used common sense good judgment and walked his path alone, he does not need a woman and this is what scares them they know he does not need them and that they can not manipulate him, so to cover up their agenda they make baseless ridiculous assertions and assumptions and by doing so reveal themselves to be as they truly are.

I'm sorry you've been the recipient of foul-mouth tirades but I think that's a pretty silly statement.
I don't pay attention to men who say they don't need women and so forth, etc.
I'm usually out of there before they've finished their speech.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/24/2015 12:52:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlSVNxLB-A
 seekinganactiveone
Msg: 339
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 12/27/2015 12:47:18 PM
AMEN MsMicki!!!
 bigshrek
Msg: 340
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/24/2016 4:49:22 PM
Some of us got vasectomies when we were younger so that we wouldn't run around
impregnating the heck out of every gal we came across & leaving little **stards in our wakes...
always said it was the smartest thing I ever did.

When it reversed itself, evidently right after I got married (42), and we produced TWINS,
thanked my lucky stars that several ex-gf's didn't get knocked up...especially the previous two...lol
even after the marriage failed, still glad that the twins are here, as they are the best things I ever made :)

So no kids at 40? it just means we were smart/careful/lucky ;)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 341
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/24/2016 5:15:20 PM
Women who assume men 40+ and childless are flawed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc
 bluejeanbaby5
Msg: 342
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/24/2016 9:05:06 PM
Hmmm. If I had a vasectomy at 18 and didn't I ornate anyone until I had tins at 42....uh huh. Did you get a paternity test done on those twins?

No ne is flawed because they didn't have children. Choice, circumstance, opportunity, luck of the draw, couldn't...lots of reasons and flawed isn't one of them.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 343
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 3:55:05 AM
Women do consider childless men to be flawed but they consider ALL men to be flawed. They regard childless men to be slightly worse. Stupid men are far more hostile by orders of magnitude.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 344
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 8:19:17 AM
Completely off topic but funny

An 80-year-old man went to his doctor for his annual check-up.
The doctor asks him how he's feeling. The 80-year-old says, "I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you think about that?"

The doctor considers his question for a minute and then begins.
"I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid trophy hunter and never misses a season. One day, when he was going out hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. When he got to the creek, he saw a prime beaver sitting beside the stream of water. He raised his cane and went 'bang, bang'.

Suddenly, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. What do you think of that?"

The 80-year-old said, "I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver."

The doctor replied, "My point exactly."
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 345
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 8:32:38 AM
^^^^^^ I wonder how Hugh Hefner feels about that joke ?
 bluejeanbaby5
Msg: 346
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 10:33:57 AM
^^^ I think Hugh Hefner would laugh at that joke, he always seemed to like a joke. Hell, he's a joke.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 347
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 10:38:01 AM
^^^^^ The man is 90 !

I wonder what his secret to longevity is ?

; )
 Maleman999
Msg: 348
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 11:03:16 AM
I guess Hefner is the epitome of the belief "age is just a number", when he married a woman 60 years younger than him.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 349
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 11:33:45 AM
going to be 50 in a couple of months and no kids here. One thing I learned is that women prefer to date a guy with no kids and no ex drama. Even single parents want to date a guy with no kids. But that's happens in real life even if on the here on the forum some think the men are flowed.

The real problem is that now women are even more pushy to have kids when they get older.
I keep saying I'm way too old to start having kids. don't want to deal with a teenager when I'm 65.

FullMoonGuy
Msg: 350
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/25/2016 1:38:26 PM

One thing I learned is that women prefer to date a guy with no kids and no ex drama.

Well, that explains MY flooded inbox and the long line at my front door.

No, wait, those are cobwebs in my inbox and that line at the door was a mirage.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men 40+ and Childless