Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sapphiresparks
Msg: 361
Men 40+ and ChildlessPage 19 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
You have just as closed a mind to those who didn't mind raising children. ^^^. Very unattractive. Closed minded. Isn't it wonderful that you had a choice. Let others make their choice.

And what kind of doctor yaps like that about his female pregnant patients, an idiot Doctor frind. Pregnancy IS a wonderful thing. You wouldn't be here if someone hadn't selflessly given of themselves to carry you to term in her body.

Some people loved raising kids, some wished they could and others couldn't and some didn't want to. My sister didn't want children, I have friends who have never wanted children andntherenis not a damn thing wrong with that. I happened to like racing my kids. Some should never, ever have kids. Hell, some shouldn't have a cat or a dog. And at times it's too bad we don't have retroactive birth control.

Why is it so difficult to make up your own mind as to who you want to date and what (like children) are a deal breaker or not. If you've made it to 45 and haven't figured it out, perhaps you shouldn't be dating, you're not smart enough.
 ndm147
Msg: 362
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/26/2016 8:08:36 PM
Saphires you are all over the page. Your profile says you don't have kids and don't want any. So who's kids did you "race?"

China has limited families, for centuries, to one child . Japan for many many years forbade women to use birth control. In Japan they have many public monuments to all the aborted children that were a result of a government that did not believe women had a choice to use contraceptives. Those are examples of retroactive birth control which is a really poor term to use. Hitler performed nasty experiments on Jews that were pregnant.

I do believe in pro choice. Roe vs Wade was a landmark decision.
 glenn58john
Msg: 363
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/27/2016 6:35:04 AM
I don't have kids because the only time I had sex was with a woman who couldn't have kids.

I love kids though. I wish I could of had some but it just wasn't to be.
 sapphiresparks
Msg: 364
Men 40+ and Childless
Posted: 5/27/2016 6:38:41 AM
You want to flog me for a typo or an auto-correct? And no, I don't want kids, I had one. I have an adult "child" who also has a child. It's a non issue. I have none that I am "racing" or "raising", none I'm putting through university and none that have moved back home, just one that has a spouse so my major parenting is done.

I was watching a tv show on China's one child policy and many had two. It said a person basically had to give 3 years salary to officially keep that second child. Many couldn't afford that so there is a large population of "you don't exist" young adults and children that have never had their birth recorded, their name is not registered anywhere, they can't marry, the can't officially get a job, they can't get a passport...they just live. How horrible.

I am pro choice too. What I'm not is like Moriama and I don't have her opinion regarding those who choose to have children.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >