Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > "if your looking for sex, exit my profile"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 snowstorm22
Msg: 34
if your looking for sex, exit my profilePage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
lol lol lol i laughed at this.
 want to travel
Msg: 35
view profile
History
if your looking for sex, exit my profile
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:46:00 AM
I really do not think there are many men,(or women), that do not have sex as a priority
that said.... there is a section on this site for people that just want to have sex
personally I do not bring up sex, I want to know the person before going there
but to not talk about it at some point... that is just not realistic
 pescando75
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:26:33 PM
If they had something worthwhile to say about themselves, they may not be so reliant on disclaimers and reprimands.
Reverse psychology is fun! (Gratuitous cleavage shots,) "Oh my gawd, what's with all you perves!"
--> Uh huh. Let the games begin! (Especially if the "no games" cliche is also used.)
 Angelsbigheart
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 8:35:38 AM
I think TOOSHADOWS said it right:

t's very true that women like sex as much as men, but many want THE RIGHT MAN to have sex with.

I'm VERY sexual... but not with just ANYONE!! I'm not looking for a casual sexual fling... and I have that in my profile!! Now, does that mean that if I talk to a guy, get to know him, like him and think he's 'the right guy' I wont want to jump his bones and rock his world fairly fast?? Absolutely NOT!!! HAHA

I can't speak for every woman on POF... but I'd put my money on the fact that the reason we do it (I know I DO) is because it HELPS to discourage the guys just looking for a quick HOOKUP!! Even though I have "I don't do casual sex" all over my profile... I still get messages almost daily from guys that I can quickly ascertain are only looking for a quick fix and to get laid!! If all I wanted to do was get laid... I certainly don't need the INTERNET to do that!! LOL
 1EnergyTurtle
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/28/2012 9:45:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with an anti-quickie caption on a woman's profile. If indeed one isn't looking to bangeth said woman upon first sight then there shouldn't be any offense taken.

It IS rather ironic that while many of the same women who frame such captions are the ones who hugg extra close, trying to put a leg in-between and see where the end of the rainbow is. Still doesn't mean that physical intimacy is mandatory at any point.

No more irony involved there than that with dudes who paint the rosy picture of settling down and falling in love, when they'd rather play the field with women who have potential to be keepers as opposed to psychopathic future-stalkers.

Hell, I have a no-quickie caption in my own profile. So I can't criticize anyone. Casual sex is available outside of POF, so I wouldn't bother posting a profile and exchanging pleasantries just to "meet 'n greet" if ya know what I mean..
 northwoods57
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:21:50 PM
big deal! on a date..if it winds up sexual, enjoy.
if not, enjoy her company! Its the woman that calls the shots, first date is the job interview. and make desert after.
 DomG79
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:54:48 AM
I laugh every time I read this on a profile. They do want sex, just on their terms (typically). I have gotten laid within an hour of meeting a girl who had something similar in her profile.

I don't get that. There is no shame in wanting sex or alot of it. There is no shame in wanting sex to be a priority or important in a relationship. I don't find women slutty for wanting alot of sex. That is 20th century thinking. Now I guess it would be slut or a whore if you had a STD or more than one STD from having sex. If you had clean sex all the time then I would think a woman is normal and a turn on.

Correction, it is the 21st Century. Also, you could get STD's from things other than sex. Other than that, you hit the nail on the head.

The way I see it I should put on my profile if you are juts looking for friendship then exit my profile! LOL! I don't want frindship, pen pals, online chatting, short term relationships, or activity partmers. I want a long -term committed relationship with a bunch of sex on a regular basis.

You certainly have that right. This isn't Facebook or Myspace, it is a dating site.

want to travel
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:30:22 AM
Oh... every woman I have every met
thinks sex is just as important as any man!
I think that women put that restriction on because, they have played the field
and unfortunatly, in our north american society, there is this crazy cycle
men want really sexual women,they sleep with them, then toss them out
the same men get into relationships with boring (sexually)women, get frustrated, end the relationship
everybody gets burned
I think it would be ideal if people stoped judging women, for there past, and if people just came to terms with who they are, and not worry so much about what they think is right or wrong
one thing I do know
women that are just fine with who they are sexually stay married!
 DomG79
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:45:12 AM

I deserve better and if a woman won't have sex with me then she isn't worth hanging around. Why should I have to sit their and nod my head while she chats about her ex or her dog or cat. I walk out on a woman and left her to pay for the bill when she started getting preachy and saying the guy she in a relationship must meet these requirements.

I've never done this, but I have a lot of respect for you for doing it. How did you do it? "I got to go to the bathroom" or "I left something in my car"? Oh, I know! " have a surprise for you, I'll be right back!"
 spiffykatt
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2012 12:31:06 AM
for me truly extrordinary sex involves a body,mind, and spiritual connectedness.i choose not to have sex outside of a commited,loving relationship:)
 DomG79
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/1/2012 2:24:13 AM

You have alot of respect for towards him for being a weinie. Congrats to you both.

He wouldn't have did that if she took his wienie and didn't act like a lame. Congrats to you for having incredible legs for your age. That doesn't change the fact that I appreciate what he did here.
 DomG79
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:18:19 AM

Real men don't behave that way.

A lot of women wouldn't know a real man if they fell from the sky and landed on them. Apparently it is okay from women to behave that way, they do it all the time.
 DomG79
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:56:58 AM
The only thing you and your friend here are showing, is a dislike for women in general. Good luck with that. No it isn't ok for women to do it either. And most of us would not. A person who lacks integrity is just that...regardless of their gender.

I don't even think I'd do that, because I am too nice. Yeah, I cheer for the guy who did, sue me. I dislike women like the one he described, I don't dislike women with class and carry themselves like ladies and decent human beings. According to you, most women don't act that way. I have not met every woman out there, and I'm not out to judge your entire gender based on my experiences. Hell, I see the good ones out there and they stay with men who hardly appreciate them. I'd personally appreciate them, but they would rather be treated poorly.

I accidently stared at her chest and she caught me looking.

I have good enough eyesight where I can look into her eyes and still see her chest. You kinda messed up here. Her reaction was unnecessary though. If she didn't want you to look at her chest, she apparently wanted someone else to, and that is even more messed up on her part. However, just because some stupid slut dined and ditched on you doesn't make it okay to do to others.

Maybe he's more your type huh huh? lol

Actually, you are more my type. I am into older chicks with nice legs who think they know everything about everything. Where have you been all of my life?

DomG79
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/5/2012 3:12:48 PM

Where have I been? Avoiding anti women men

Then maybe you should date women.

Youre too young and inexperienced for me

that makes me a know it all?

Apparently.

if I was a younger gal with even better legs, I would date the guys who did NOT approve of his behavior, over any who thinks its cool. and no I dont have any interest in suing your silly ass.

I do think it is cool when people get what is coming to them. That doesn't make me more anti-woman than anyone else. Quite the contrary actually, I am pro-equality.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:26:01 PM
I'm on my phone & copy quote but "gentleplusplus" made some negative things about A F F about skanky ppl there. I've been on there for 3 years. And I've met lots of ppl from the local chatroom at meet & greets. They are regular. Even the swinger couples even though I'm not a swinger. I met 2 boyfriends there and met some really nice guys.the problem is the men out number the women at least 20 to 1. So many men don't ever meet anyone.and become bitter & blame the site. I just thought is try here again.
 Cruzan1Shine
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:20:12 PM
I knoww DUDEEE i went with this girl and she was like NO SEX ON THE FIRST DATE! ....what happens ends up coming back to my place and sleeping with her twice. Then she gets mad at me I SAID NO SEX ON THE FIRST DATE then never talks to me again. LOL mind boggling
 DomG79
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/6/2012 10:17:05 PM
I wonder if any woman has "If you are looking for sex, please enter my profile". Reverse psychology.
 BeeRad82
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/8/2012 7:29:49 AM
Women who put this kinda stuff in their profile should just tattoo "mental midget" on their foreheads. Like men are new to the game of disguising their real intentions, feigning genuine interest, et al if they have a solitary goal in mind. Furthermore, like you even mean it if it gets to that point. If your deductive abilities are so underdeveloped that you can't protect yourself without a disclaimer - many obstacles you will encounter.
 LadySask
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2012 7:50:38 AM
I disagree with you abelian, why would women who advertise for sex be more picky...I would say the opposite is more likely true or would make no difference at all.. and I think being picky is a great way to be IMHO.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/28/2012 4:05:25 AM
Bingo.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 SaintLouisMichael
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/28/2012 6:42:13 PM
These women are trying to convince themselves when they write that.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/29/2012 6:29:30 PM

These women are trying to convince themselves when they write that.

That what my friends who have been in the online dating game the longest say, that those with that kind of disclaimer in their profiles, most often give it up the fastest.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/30/2012 4:12:20 AM
This whole situation has totally put me off dating and ever finding someone who will respect me and form deep feelings for me without just being after sex.

I am sorry to read this! I felt the same way after a year of looking for a man who didn't' just want sex' and almost gave the hell up too.Thankfully I didn't,as I did find a man who respected me and we have been together for 3 plus years now! If the men here don't want a woman who isn't eager to start a sex based relationship so be it,but to alot of women feel this way:

sex is shallow and pointless if there is no connection with a person and I dont ever sleep around or get intimate with someone unless I know 100% they are not just saying whatever I want them to just to get laid.

And if men can't be bothered to see beyond thier libido's to a woman's worth beyond sex,then it's thier loss.

if your looking for sex, exit my profile: Doesn't mean that a woman NEVER wants to have sex...it means that a woman KNOWS she's worthy of more than being objectified and that she wants to have an actual relationship with a man that isn't about casual sex to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really not surprised you males are confused.

They aren't confused,they are horny and selfish and shallow for the most part and in the end,afraid of being with one woman wholeheartedly so they see no problem with instant gratification and would rather see women as solely sexual beings without feelings so they can justify using them for sex.

If we put up reasonable boundaries we are considered uptight.Oh well.

Any man who by passes a woman's profile based on her sexual boundaries,is doing women a FAVOR who don't want casual sex encounters.

So THANKS GUYS for blowing "us" off for not blowing YOU off right away!
 deerdog1
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:40:17 AM
have i ever tried to charm the pants off a woman on the first meet /date ..you bet every time ... have I ever succeeded in this ... yep almost every time ...... has it ever mattered whether i succeed or not ...nope never ....why do I do this ... cause i am lonely ,horny ,and love sex

whether a woman sleeps with me sooner or later has no bearing on whether the relationship progresses or not ..but i can see why women are confused on this ..because us guys will try to sleep with you even if we are just not that into you.. but for me its a sure bet that even if you do or dont put out .. if i dont call you it was something else besides whether you had sex with me that was the deal breaker ..i have both had long term relationships with women that i had sex with on the first date and with ones that it took a while ..i have dumped chicks that have slept with me on the first date as well as ones who would not put out ...if i dump you or keep you ...unless the sex really was bad ..you can bet my decision was not made on whether or when you give up the nookie

i will say that the one factor that has lead me to not come back after sex ..is not how soon you had sex with me ..its how you act after sex ..if you get all clingy or b_tchy ..if your personality changes just because i slept with you ..i will run ..dont have sex with me to trap me dont use sex for relationship bait ... dont think that just because you did me i will want to marry you the next day...have sex because you want to have sex with me and the fact that we have had sex wont alter the progression of our relationship..and if i do you and dont call back you can know that it was because we just didnt click ..and if the sex was good ..at least we both got something for our trouble
 Love.Notes
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:25:16 PM
Just because a woman blocks intimate encounters or says on her profile no intimate encounters translated to no guys looking for just sex.... doesn't mean she is not looking for an "intimate relationship" where sex is involved.

The key difference here is SEX with a relationship.( and meaningful )
Or sex just for the hell of it and let's call it intimate. ( here today may be gone tomorrow)

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > "if your looking for sex, exit my profile"