Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Midnight Train to Georgia moment?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 23
Midnight Train to Georgia moment?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yeppers Peppermint, I heard it through the grapevine that living in the past wondering if it could be.. my damn papa was a rolling stone he said Son, " reach out and I will be there" and there aint no mountain high enough
 4ms4me
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Midnight Train to Georgia moment?
Posted: 7/8/2011 1:34:23 PM

You'll long remember me than the other guy. Maybe that's the core of my problem. I'm too memorable.

I have that very same problem! Nothing more disconcerting than walking down the street, or into a store, and have some stranger say "_____?! How have you been? Haven't seen you since High School, (or some such decades-past location)!"

Sure, I'd love to reminisce about all those good times back then, but what if I end up telling that nasty story about so-and-so, and it's you?!
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2011 4:03:55 PM

Maybe that's the core of my problem. I'm too memorable.

If I don't remember someone that remembers me. Then I have no interest in trying to get to know them!

Maybe you just have a sh!tty memory.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:13:39 PM

Maybe you just have a sh!tty memory.

Yep, maybe those brain cells are dead.
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:17:10 PM
I think it's interesting to hear about old school mates, but usually I don't really want to have contact with them and I sure don't think about hooking up with them. I'm just curious.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/8/2011 11:23:37 PM
Well Im guilty!!!!!!!!

When I was in high school I wasn't allowed to be social (religious reasons). Didn't mean I wasn't attracted to people; doesn't mean it wasnt part of my past. So I found one person from high school and from there several others. Other people from high school from me from their friends list. So while Im not that quiet little never seen person anymore I have a common theme with these people and we have shared so really good times by posts, chats and emails etc.

Im not living in the past, but Im not ignoring my past either. One of the hottest guys in school wants to come take me to dinner next month. Why would I not consider it? I mean Im on a dating site meeting strangers atleast he and I have a past in common!

On a side note, I did find one of the guys who got away...we dated off and on for 5 years and within a hour of being face to face he was being a total perv...he literally wanted to pick up where we had left off. People change so you have to be careful.
 Skotch
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2011 6:29:36 AM

I just got off FBook and removed a connection for this person who was apparently in a music instruction class that I never really noticed but because I was a fellow student, she felt the need to try to connect. I'm like, why? I didn't even remember her at all. What's up with that???

Oddly enough I have a FB friend that I apparently went to school with that I have no memory of that lives in Atlanta. She's cute and all the pictures of her and her friends are cute, so I have no complaints (and there's not a constant stream of "eating ____ for supper, watching _____ this hour" etc).
 nonsensical
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/10/2011 7:00:28 AM
You can't find your future in your past.
However, there are some that pop in and out your life that you are happy to reconnect with and some not so much.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/8/2012 4:38:01 AM
ahhh, now we get to the nitty-gritty..believe me..if she was hot..u would have tried to hook up..(just like abelian), unfortunately she was not.Case closed. When you've been around as long as i have..the 5-10 yr. reunion is good..but the 25-30 yr. reunion..not so much. :-( LOL..
 Capn_America
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/8/2012 9:42:08 AM

What value is there in take that Midnight Train back to a simpler time?

Feels good.
Period.
 Meems919
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:31:46 AM
Resurrected thread. Mr Ultimo isn't even here anymore lolol
 Capn_America
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:34:25 AM
Resurrected thread

Hey, if it was good enough for Jesus... Christ.... (hehe, I made a funny ;-) )

Mr Ultimo

Sounds like a wrestler. Or a Superhero. Or a Wrestling Superhero.
I'm jealous...

\/ \/ Great, more info I don't want to know. Heartless guy! Could have left some normal women for the rest of us ;-)
I wish I looked more like he does, but that's sadly a thing 3 years past lol. Captain America rocks. Greatest Superhero of all time in my book
 Meems919
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:35:19 AM
You should be, Capn, he no doubt left with a veritable hareem of wimmin

edited to add: and apropos of nothing whatsoever, I just saw Captain America and loved it.
 playfulpete
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:23:39 PM
Howcan that be a bad thing.I would love to meet people from my past to see what they are doing with their lifes.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Midnight Train to Georgia moment?