Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 29
view profile
History
beaches- thoughts and experiencesPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
beaches.......in central Europe, women and men really started to go , or semi in the 1930's, at that time there was a health craze, of course..... men and women where separated, these attitudes spread through most, northern countries after 45,
By the time I first went to England, Spain, and France, most if not all of the women went , and most beaches had an area where , was ok,
I lived in Europe, and, my best friend from Canada, came to visit me, his future wife, lived in that country,they went to the 'nude' beach, and I went along, did I take it all off..... no
did I think it was alright YES!
I just did not feel like being ,I felt like an idiot lol, being the only person with a bathing suit on......
one more thing,this really should be in another place, because no one was there for ual things, people where just 'au naturel'
 keithmfd
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences
Posted: 7/12/2011 10:34:37 AM
To all the uninformed .I have been to several nudist beaches and resorts around the world I actually have a home in a resort year round in canada .One thing you should know most repectable places demand the use of a towel always So if your little thing pops up cover it till it goes away If you get caught without a towel not to worry everyone there has seen a hardon and most of the women know how to use it
If you stop playing with your peeppee long enough to grow up you will find both beaches and resorts a wonderful experience and if you ever come to my place clothes are optional too
 redbluffman68
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/1/2011 12:29:41 PM
I have been going to nude beaches since I was 14. personally I love to be naked most of the time and is rarely a sexual thing when at a nude beach ( depends on the circumstances). For most true nudists, its a freedom that we all love to share in and I have met more normal people who are nudists than I have met that are not nudists. Nudists tend to be more open because we have nothing really to hide. My wish is to find someone locally that is into nudism to share my life with.
 Sully8545
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:14:37 PM
Important safety tip - put pleanty of sunblock on your azz or you won't sit for a week. Trust me on this one.
 chinadol6977
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 12:59:02 AM
I've been..It was much of a difference to me,of course that 's probaly because I take my suit off when I get into the water at any beach..It's a great feeling to be free,and I'm nude most of the time around the house...I think that I'm allergic to clothes....If feel in love with swimming nude,the first time that I swam topless,not really into the walking around the entire beach nude for hours,but I'll play a quick game of volleyball.I generally like to have some clothing on before we start up the grill,or eat lunch..
 --Zen--
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/2/2011 2:40:41 AM
it's 28 F outside and we're talking about nude beaches? You southerners are so selfish!
 Della D
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/2/2011 6:11:55 AM
Growing up in Europe with nude beaches at ever sea-, lake- and river shore, guess it is viewed very differently, just a natural thing in the most literal sense, smile!

The nude experience is about sun bathing and swimming in the nude, and has no sexual innuendo for most people (perverts are encountered everywhere, not limited to nude beaches).

Nude beaches afford seamless tanning, and spare you that uncomfortable feeling of the wet bikini after a swim. I prefer it any time, just a pity that Jamaica has no public nude beaches, and even topless for women is illegal on public beaches.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:53:23 AM
The old man and I hit Sandy Hook several times this past summer (it's a nude/clothing optional beach on the Jersey shore.) We always have a great time there, but I would have to say that there ARE some folks who really shouldn't be nude in public - especially in the bright, glaring and oh-so-unforgiving sun, which hides nothing.

There just isn't enough brain bleach in the world to wipe some of those images from my mind. Hell, I probably scared a few beach-goers myself, so it's all good.
 tazloveyou
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:54:41 AM
Hi Dawn went to a nude beach this summer for the first time never had any problems but it was a little akward walking around with a stiff u know what looking at all the beautiful girls walking around naked but after a few cold packs between my legs the problem was solved and I settled down and enjoyed my self I liked it because no one had any hangups about being nude going back next summer
 Laha Math
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/2/2011 6:23:25 PM
Nudity is about how it feels, not about how it looks. I love to get out of my clothes and feel the sun, the breeze, and the flow of water. I prefer to sunbathe alone but have been with other people, both friends and strangers. The feeling of freedom can be rebellious. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity for some time. In my opinion it's a shame people are so hung up about it. But then people are also hung up about sex. People are wierd as is confirmed daily in these forums.
 1javajoe
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/3/2011 5:44:06 AM
I've done this on a few occasions, had not one bad experience
as I'm a people watcher I found it very interesting and everyone
was very respectful of each other. the beach is in Jersey and it seemed
like everyone knew each other as well as where they belonged
you had straight couples and singles, gay men area as well
as a swingers section. there was this older lady and she was kind of large
and she thought this guy was stairing at her, so she starts screeming
GAULKER, GAULKER, it was pretty funny
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 6:46:51 AM
I'm quite comfortable naked and don't find the look of someone else naked any more disagreeable than I would if they had their clothes on, but I'm not a big fan of crowds so am more likely to seek out some secluded spot to swim than a public beach. I think it's silly that some folks have such a hang up about nudity, but to each their own. If I'm somewhere where others would be offended if I stripped down I stay covered.

I've got a pond, creek, and remote wood fired hot tub here at my homestead, and you better believe I never wear anything when I take a swim or a soak.

When I lead private three week trips down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon (seven so far) the rule is "don't look or don't care" and everyone is free to wear as much or little as they choose. Finding a secluded place to bathe can be a bit of a hassle there and with no showers available the river is where we clean ourselves. And as a long time whitewater paddler most of us don't think twice about changing out of wet river gear into regular clothes in front of each other. It's just not a big deal and saves the hassle of trotting off to find somewhere private to change.

But I've never been to an official nude beach, and don't feel particularly inspired to seek one out. I'm much more likely to seek out a remote swimming hole where there's no one I don't know to share it with.
 Summerfuntime60
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/4/2011 7:23:37 AM
Seems like a lot of narrow minded people in this forum.Have been to numerous nude beaches and camps. They are there for that purpose, to be nude, not ogle or leer, tho a lot of people do. The people in the US, which is "Suppose" to be the most modern in the world ,have some of the most narrow minded people in it.And as far as gay men, you have them in a "clothed" society also, so, think bout it????
Its just like going to an "Adult club", NO means No.So, if people would get their heads out of their ass, maybe this world would be a better place for everyone IMHO
 Amseeking1
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/9/2012 7:08:22 AM
Have been a nudist longer then most people posting,nonsensical responses on here .You go to a nudist facility/beach to enjoy the freedom of nudity.NOT to stare and gawk.This is the 21st centtury,not the 18 th.People need to face facts, you are born "NEKKID and DIE NEKKID"
 briargate
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:32:18 AM
Nude beaches in Europe are OK since nudity is no big deal to most people. But here in the U.S. I find them overrun with swinger types. My wife and I once had this mustache wearing, tanned creep come talk to us for what seemed like an eternity about the book my wife was reading. He then invited us both to hang out with him and his friends in this sickeningly soft voice that was almost a whisper. Gah. I didn't know whether to vomit or throw rocks at him. We never went back after that.
 drect123
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:11:44 AM
Have Fun enjoy..
 bilby886
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:45:49 AM
1. comming out of 19-22 degrees centigrade nude for a man is not flattering for a guy! Ladies tend to laugh at penii that have been "drowned" :-) solution do the windmill and the blood comes back in to the appendage in a more flattering manner.

2. Where I live nude beaches near the city are seldom frequented by straight people. Lots of dirty old harmless gay men looking at each others tackle.

3 I did once go to a unisex nudist camp, I walked around the whole afternoon half hard, dripping precum - could help noticing the puzzies. My partner laughed and at the end of an hour offered to "lend me a hand" to untangle a few knots in my "wedding tackle"lol
"It" behaved itself for a while (took the edge off lol) but after an hour I was back to half mast and dripping again.
I though oh what the heck and just ignored everyones stares and smirks. Every see a guy half mast play wallyball? (naked beach volleyball)
 bilby886
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:47:35 AM
Born nekkid! lol
Die nekkid its always nice to know you're in clean pyjamas or undies! lol
 milehiguy12
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 4:41:50 PM
It's a mazing!!!! Warm sun with gentle breezes!! If you haven't tried it, your missing something great.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:33:10 PM
When I lived in southern California, my boyfriend at the time use to take me to Blacks Beach, San Diego, Ca. which is a nude beach. I have never, at any time been "nude" on that beach or any beach. I wore my bikini. My boyfriend, who was nude use to walk around the beach by himself, to look at "boobs" , because mine are small. When he would come back to our blanket, the blanket was filled with alot of nude guys, hanging with me, singing and playing guitar and smoking with me. Then my boyfriend would take off again on his visual "boob" tour, while I enjoyed the non sexual and plantonic company of all the nude men on my blanket. It was fun and enjoyable and good clean fun hanging with all these nude men on the blanket, more fun than hanging with my boyfriend at the time.
Those are my fun and enjoyable experiences on the nude beach.
 bigcalm
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:51:32 PM
Never been to one but i would like to go to one.
 groovygirl69
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:46:53 AM
Honestly, there is a lot of nonsense on this post. It should be a comfortable experience. But to think that no one is looking at you or checking you out is ridiculous.

Of course they are, same as on a clothed beach.

Same as in the mall.

Same as in a line up in a bank.

We are humans, it is natural for us to look at each other and enjoy the sight if we find that person attractive.

Leering and ogling are another matter, and that happens whether you are clothed or not. Leering is a rude and obvious (not to mention creepy) thing, checking someone out is casual and natural.

I have been to nude beaches where I have been checked out or stared at (yes in Europe too. They are still men!) the same as I have been checked out in an urban setting. As long as they aren't rude or creepy about it, who cares??

People will look no matter what, you can't leave your sexuality at the door in any setting. You just don't make a show of it. You strive to be polite and to not make people feel uncomfortable.

As an aside, it is nice to feel the wind on your body, and to not feel self concious because of perceived flaws. Because everyone is there with all the beauty and the flaws out on display for all to see, you don't feel as though yours are as big a deal. You realize that everyone is in the same boat.

They are a fun and relaxing place to go.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:09:46 AM
^^^
People will look no matter what, you can't leave your sexuality at the door in any setting.

I look too but I’m not sure it has all that much to do with sexuality in my case. I look at male and female, young and old, beautiful or not.

In my experience, it was one of the few places where mixed nudity did not have sexual connotations for me or cause sexual stirrings. And my concerns prior to going the first time that I might be visibly aroused were unfounded.

It was quite liberating in that way – just to see the nude physical body for what it was, without the familiars of allure and desire. That liberation lasted til I left the beach, or when I saw a woman preparing to leave and putting clothes back on and the old inquisitive interest quickly returned.

But while there it was nice. No need to peer furtively at bosoms and bottoms. There were an abundance on full display. No need to resort to the imagination or be at the mercy of it. I found a kind of innocence in the experience. It was freeing. Sexually freeing.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:00:44 AM

Seems like a lot of narrow minded people in this forum.Have been to numerous nude beaches and camps. They are there for that purpose, to be nude, not ogle or leer, tho a lot of people do. The people in the US, which is "Suppose" to be the most modern in the world ,have some of the most narrow minded people in it.And as far as gay men, you have them in a "clothed" society also, so, think bout it????
Its just like going to an "Adult club", NO means No.So, if people would get their heads out of their ass, maybe this world would be a better place for everyone IMHO

Arrogant JACK-HOLES like this poster - even if they are no longer members of POF - do not speak for those of us who do choose to go nude beaches.
 Cynderella
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2017 11:24:49 PM
Digging up an old thread from the grave...
Love Wreck Beach in Vancouver.
In Penticton we have 3 mile beach,
they are trying to shut it down. Which
is a shame.
I could live in a clothing optional place.
Love clothes but rather be naked!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences