Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in your 70s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CDMer
Msg: 76
Dateing in your 70iesPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I am 70 in 2 days I will be 71.

Sunlady123, in your profile you claim to be 60 and you are looking for men 59 to 68. Good luck!
 DragonBits
Msg: 77
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:36:04 AM
People talk about sex a lot more than I thought, and more than I do.

I have only elected to meet 5 women, I did get asked about ED from 1. But I slept with 3 of them.

BTW, I married the second one I slept with.
 DragonBits
Msg: 78
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:49:43 AM
I don't like to bring up sexual talk with a woman that I date, it seems vulgar to me and doesn't really tell me much really. One lady did bring it up and it seemed to raise expectations she couldn't match. And it required a lot more planning.

Sometimes online a woman has brought up sex talk, I was curious to chat about it. But to me it means we weren't likely to actually meet and this was a sub for actual sex.

EDIT: I did want to meet two women in 2009 from eharmony that I never got to meet, something turned them off. Maybe I was too eager.

In 2012 there were two women from PoF I wanted to meet, but I was also already involved with dating the woman that I eventually got married to. One of the PoF could have been a fake, she said she was 18 but she had the sexual experience more typical of a woman of 40.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 79
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:06:23 PM
I agree men in their 70's no one wants really, especially spry women of the same vintage. She should go for the younger guy perhaps. Does she belong to a club of any sort?. The pickings on a dating site would be very very slim and the old geezers think they can get younger and dont want women their age, either.

Nothing irritates me more than the phrase " 70 years young". We are old at that age and let us face it. In varying conditions I agree but still old, baby.
 Chelseabound
Msg: 80
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:16:08 PM
I vote for the woman to date a younger man. Some of us appreciate the beauty and wisdom of a life well lived, no matters the years in that life.
 VenusandAdonis
Msg: 81
vote for the woman to date a younger man.
Posted: 11/12/2012 5:18:53 PM
Sometimes, especially to lovers, age is just a number..ten years to some couples doesn't seem to matter..
I know a lady who married someone from (pof), he is ten years her junior, and she brags about their intimacy..
Doesn't mean a younger man is the ultimate answer, love is a funny one, surprises you!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 7:04:04 AM
I'm in my late 50's and already feelin' it. So many of men just don't take care of themselves like the ladies do. It's just too easy for them to slide on the basic grooming, they don't see the need for drinking water or eating a veggie here and there. It's just so easy to sit on the couch watching TV sports instead of engaging in a little acivity of their own. It's so much more "accepted" by society for a man to carry around a "Few" extra pounds than it is for a woman.

So, I married a man 11 years younger. We look about the same age. We enjoy the same level of activity. The younger guys have started picking up on the fact that grooming is important, too. Even some of my gal pals have started to lose their energy, but the circle of friends my hub and I are in are always doing something active.

So, I say why shouldn't she go ahead and get herself a "boy toy" in his sixties? At that age there isn't going to be a "maturity" problem. She's likely to think more alike with a man whose active than one who is ready for the old folks' home

BTW: I didn't lie to my man about my age. I simply didn't tell him, and he didn't ask either. He does know what it is by now, but doesn't care.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 83
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 7:14:30 AM

So many of men just don't take care of themselves like the ladies do

Really? I suggest you take some time to look at some of the profiles of all these "ladies" who are taking such great care of themselves.

PUHLLLEEASE.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 84
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 10:10:14 AM
I’m glad that this thread was rejuvenated. In no particular order of importance, just want to comment on some previous posts.

I totally disagree with the doctor who claims the average life span for a man is 65 years. As someone else already stated, it’s closer to 80 these days. It may seem morbid, but I always read the Obituary section in the Globe and Mail newspaper just out of interest. Of course, there are men in their 60’s or younger, but they are in the minority. Most of them are well into their 70’s and beyond. There’s also a steady trend of men and women living much longer. It’s quite common to see people in the obituary section who are in their 90’s or older, and this is just in the Toronto area.

There are lots of comments about “seniors” and technology, most of which claim that they are reluctant to use a computer and I do think there’s a lot of truth to that. I was fortunate to get into the technology business in the early 60’s and had a long career in Information Technology. I’m still up-to-date with all the latest stuff, have an iPhone 4S (nothing about the iPhone 5 interests me), and am on Facebook plus many other web sites. I’m also an avid video game player and am pretty good at FPS games, like Call of Duty Black Ops multi-player. I find they really help me keep mentally sharp, as well as keeping my reaction times and eye/hand coordination in good shape. I describe myself as a “tech geek” and am the first one my friends or family turn to when they have computer problems, or the like.

I am 70, in perfect health, have no aches or pains, and keep active. My 2 passions are walking, dancing, or anything that involves physical activity. I go to dancing events organized by a lady on POF and they are always fun. I’m usually on the dance floor longer than anyone else, regardless of age. I also get compliments from both women and men, saying they think I’m a very good dancer. I just make it up as I go along, but compliments are always nicer than complaints. :-)

When it comes to dating, I’m finding it difficult to find someone who’s compatible in ways that are important to me. I look for women who are close to, but not my age or older. I don’t search for women who are any more than 6 years younger than me, because I don’t think it’s realistic to expect women younger than that to be interested in someone my age. I look for some similar interests but, more importantly, someone who can “keep up with me”. I know that phrase gets tossed around a lot, but it’s true in my case.
 funnershine
Msg: 85
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 10:18:11 AM

I would think that there are just as many "in their 70's" spry men as there are spry women.
And just as many non-spry also.
Not all men are non-spry and same for women.
Depends on where you live. Depends on where you go when you go out, too.

There is a very good looking one here from Quebec.. He appears quite handsome and very fit.. However never met him in person just exchanged a few emails with him.. I also happened to have known his dad who also was known for being very good looking... Never met his son in person though since I did not feel we were matched.
 funnershine
Msg: 86
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 10:25:37 AM

When it comes to dating, I’m finding it difficult to find someone who’s compatible in ways that are important to me. I look for women who are close to, but not my age or older. I don’t search for women who are any more than 6 years younger than me, because I don’t think it’s realistic to expect women younger than that to be interested in someone my age. I look for some similar interests but, more importantly, someone who can “keep up with me”. I know that phrase gets tossed around a lot, but it’s true in my case.

I would say look up to 8-10 years younger,you might find what you are looking for.. You are in good shape and see no problem with looking in that age range they are not a lot different in the 2-4 years..
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 87
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 12:02:12 PM
I would say look up to 8-10 years younger,you might find what you are looking for.. You are in good shape and see no problem with looking in that age range they are not a lot different in the 2-4 years..

Thanks for the advice. It's interesting to get a woman's perspective. I tend to tread carefully when it comes to age, because I think that women are going to find me "creepy" if I approach anyone too young. :-)
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 12:51:24 PM

Really? I suggest you take some time to look at some of the profiles of all these "ladies" who are taking such great care of themselves.

PUHLLLEEASE

You are probably quite right as far as POF goes. My experience is pretty much limited to the professional class of people around me. I have to admit, I am somewhat shocked by both genders when I step outside of that box.
 funnershine
Msg: 89
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 1:10:38 PM

Thanks for the advice. It's interesting to get a woman's perspective. I tend to tread carefully when it comes to age, because I think that women are going to find me "creepy" if I approach anyone too young. :-)

Interesting since you mentioned going to POF events which I also attend here. No one knows how old you are and they do not ask.. They go on what they like and I often have to tell them my age when I think they are too young..Surprising even after telling them they do not seem to care.. I imagine the same would be in your case.. Just strike up a conversation with someone you like and you can pretty much tell if they are interested or not..

As a woman I do not approach men there and a lot of women at these events will not either.. So try it next time yoy might be surprised.

namaste
funnershine
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 90
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 2:15:48 PM
Interesting since you mentioned going to POF events which I also attend here. No one knows how old you are and they do not ask.. They go on what they like and I often have to tell them my age when I think they are too young..Surprising even after telling them they do not seem to care.. I imagine the same would be in your case.. Just strike up a conversation with someone you like and you can pretty much tell if they are interested or not..

As a woman I do not approach men there and a lot of women at these events will not either.. So try it next time yoy might be surprised.

Also good advice. I actually do all the approaching. If not, I don't get to dance much. I find the women tend to sit around together unless, of course, they're with a guy. When they want to dance, they do that together as well. When that happens, I just get up and dance with them. I suspect you're right about not knowing peoples' ages, although the thread for the event invite shows your profile thumbnail when you sign up for it, so they can look at it beforehand. I always look at the profiles of other attendees, both men and women, just to get some idea of the age group and how far they're coming from.
 funnershine
Msg: 91
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 2:59:57 PM

Also good advice. I actually do all the approaching. If not, I don't get to dance much. I find the women tend to sit around together unless, of course, they're with a guy. When they want to dance, they do that together as well. When that happens, I just get up and dance with them. I suspect you're right about not knowing peoples' ages, although the thread for the event invite shows your profile thumbnail when you sign up for it, so they can look at it beforehand. I always look at the profiles of other attendees, both men and women, just to get some idea of the age group and how far they're coming from.

Interesting how meetups are different in Toronto then Montreal. There are some women that do dance together but not a lot by any means.. Glad to hear you are approaching them.. Okay I do not sign up on POF I sign up through meetup that does a combined event with POF.. On meetup they do show profiles but no ages are usually listed. In fact do not really recall seeing anyone's age on their site.

I do not go to sit and drink. I love to dance and that is the main reason I go.. I find dancing to be a very joyful thing to do.. However was appointed the official photographer recently so not dancing quite as much.. But I love to take photos as well so a double delight always..

Pick out a woman and ask her to dance. Much better than to join a couple of ladies that are already dancing.. You want to look for the woman that is looking.. Not one that is pairing off with her girlfriends..

Let me know how you make out.. Good luck
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 92
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 3:20:52 PM
I've actually done both, approaching single ladies as well as dancing with more than one at the same time. Either way it's fun. I don't actually go to the social events expecting to find a date because everyone is typically much younger than me, and I don't mean in their 60's either. Interestingly, the last one was on Friday and, a couple of days later, I received a message on POF from a 47 year old lady who thanked me for dancing with her. She asked me to "save" a dance for her at the next one. Of course, I said yes. :-)
 Waterl
Msg: 93
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 7:17:29 PM
[My parents are 71 & 73. My mom dropped her computer and thought it was broken... took it in and they told her all she needed to do was turn the power switch on in the back.

Doing anything on their computer is a challenge for them and I believe they are in the majority at their age.]

My mom is 79 and still works on her pc, she can do everything. She even does graphics which I don't know how to do and knows pc lingo better than me.
 Waterl
Msg: 94
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/13/2012 7:19:47 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why my quotes aren't coming out right like everyone else's. :-P
 Rain587
Msg: 95
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/14/2012 8:03:52 AM
I recently met someone I thought was a nice man and then on the phone one night he let it slip he was 72 not 62. I knew from his photos he either was older or just weathered a bit harder. But the photos were actually three years old as well. I asked why the deception and he said because he wasn't getting any emails in the beginning so changed his age. I told him that is a lie no matter what and starts off a relationship wrong. He saw nothing wrong with it. It didn't matter he was fit and could out do any young one as he kept throwing out there. He was one sided on his interest as well. You can be fit but boring as he**.

I liked dating older men for maturity but on POF I don't see that. I know this isn't all men but sure find it with quite a few. I reset my age group but still get emails from older guys playing young.
 funnershine
Msg: 96
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/14/2012 8:58:12 AM

I received a message on POF from a 47 year old lady who thanked me for dancing with her. She asked me to "save" a dance for her at the next one. Of course, I said yes. :-)

We have quite a few over 60 at our get togethers..Glad to hear you at least found a nice dancing partner..What I like about this way of meeting people is you are not stuck meeting one person and even if you find no one of interest you still have a great time.. Enjoy the time well spent
funnershine
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 97
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/14/2012 10:18:48 AM

We have quite a few over 60 at our get togethers..Glad to hear you at least found a nice dancing partner..What I like about this way of meeting people is you are not stuck meeting one person and even if you find no one of interest you still have a great time.. Enjoy the time well spent

I agree it's a great way to meet people. The next event is celebrating "Movember", so will have to do something about the moustache thing. Looks like a trip to the dollar store is in order.
 rob4320
Msg: 98
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:15:40 AM
I dated a woman who was 70 and it was the best and longest relationship I ever had (9 years long)
She was 18 years older but younger then most women my age (54).
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 99
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:48:35 AM

I dated a woman who was 70 and it was the best and longest relationship I ever had (9 years long)
She was 18 years older but younger then most women my age (54).

Wow, that's amazing! It gives me some cause for hope. :-)
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 100
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:06:09 PM
"Old men are looking for a nurse or a purse," my active mother said.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in your 70s