Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in your 70s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 151
Dateing in your 70iesPage 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Age is just a number. Sometimes people self-sabotage their happiness.

WWII Veteran Reunites With Long-Lost Love After 70 Years Apart:

After a 10,000-mile long flight from Virginia to Australia, a World War II U.S. army veteran finally reunited with his wartime girlfriend today after recently reconnecting online.

For the first time in over 70 years, Norwood Thomas, 93, came face-to-face with Joyce Durrant Morris, 88, his long-lost first love.

The two were speechless at first and shared a warm embrace and kiss on the cheek.

"This is about the most wonderful thing that could have happened to me," Thomas said, in a reunion broadcast on Australia's Channel TEN TV show "The Project."

"Good," Morris replied with a laugh. "We're going to have a wonderful fortnight."

The two said they planned to spend Valentine's Day together.

Thomas and Morris' story began in the spring of 1944 in London. The two had dated for a few months but were separated when Thomas was forced to leave for the Battle of Normandy in France, he told ABC News in November.

For over seven decades, the two lived separate lives. Both married other people, though Morris is now divorced and Thomas' wife passed away a few years ago. Morris also lives in Australia.

The two were brought together again last November, when Morris' son found contact information for Thomas' son online. The men reconnected their parents through Skype and phone calls, the first of which brought the wartime lovers to tears.

"When she called me 'Tommy,' her nickname for me, Oh, my God, it stirred emotions that had been dormant for a long, long time," Thomas told ABC News. "She had always been on the fringes of my thoughts this whole time. She'd always pop up as a pleasant memory, and it turns out that she'd been thinking of me this whole time too."

Though Thomas wasn't sure if he'd call his "strong feelings" for Morris "love" quite yet, he said he was excited to see Morris again in Australia and to "reminisce about their old days together," his son Steven Thomas told ABC News last month.

Thomas' trip was made possible by hundreds of people who made donations online after reading his story and by Air New Zealand, which made arrangements to fly Thomas and his son first class, free of charge.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wwii-veteran-reunites-long-lost-love-70-years/story?id=36838157
 cassie2425
Msg: 152
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 4/1/2016 6:47:04 AM

Honestly I cant imagine kissing a guy in his seventies in any passionate way .....

I can't imagine anyone thinking this way, especially you Letitia as you are darn near 70 yourself. Passion and love don't just disappear when you hit some magical number. I would it sad to hear some man say " honestly, I can't imagine kissing that older lady, Letitia". People of every age are loving and lovable. Many couple in their 70s, 80s and beyond are very loving and passionate with their partner.

And IF all the men in their 60s and 70s are chasing 20 years younger....it means that hardly any women 50 years old and older are dating, mating, marrying....which isn't true.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 153
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 4/1/2016 9:01:14 AM

Honestly I cant imagine kissing a guy in his seventies in any passionate way and those guys that say they can find women twenty years younger at that age, must have money or the women are not interested in anything but companionship, which is fine.

Women like you who have this kind of narrow-minded thinking will likely remain alone for the rest of your lives. You must not like yourself very much, because you will be that age soon enough.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 154
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 4/1/2016 9:51:47 AM
Ohhh ,Dragon that story brought tears to my eyes!

Some years ago, a GF and I were leaving a local IHOP.
She stepped up to the counter, next to a gentleman, who seemed to be in his early 60's, to pay our bills.
I stood off to the side near a woman, looking to be near his age, and I assumed they were together.
The cashier, made a comment to the man. His reply?
"Yes", he said, "It has been 25 years since I last saw her," turning to face the woman near me, "and I'm not letting her out of my sight again!"

I exclaimed, "OMG, That is so awesome!"

The woman explained, they met in high school, she went off to college, he went into military service, her family moved away, she got married, he got married, had children and 20 some years later, within a years time both lost their spouse. They found each other thru an OLD site.
 cassie2425
Msg: 155
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 4/1/2016 10:50:19 AM
^^^ Same thing happened to a friend of mine - high school sweethearts, he joined the army, parted company and met up again 40 some odd years later. She is a friend of a friend and I first met her just before she was meeting up with him...she is older than me, has to be 70 now, he is a year or two older than her. They met up 5 years ago, haven't been apart since. How cool is that. Both had married with families, she had divorced and he was widowed. To see them, they are like high school kids and traveling, golfing, curling, dancing...it's great. She and I and a group of gals got together for wine just before Christmas and she was all bragging about how much fun they have in bed. We all laughed and cheered her on. Nothing yucky about two 70 year olds in love. In fact, its awesome.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 156
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 4/1/2016 3:17:16 PM
Heard two old ladies talking about their friends and their dating experiences
Damn they are doing more than ppl in their 30s
One 75 just got on a plane to meet up with some guy.. and she has a side guy if he doesn't pan out.
Dancing, dinner parties, LOL I was like cool - 70s going to be fun
 deetristate
Msg: 157
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 4/1/2016 3:34:49 PM
POF seems more and more like a site for people who say that they want to meet someone or can say that they are signed up for OLD but really have given up and have no interest.

My friends in their 60s and 70s divorced or widowed got out and about and now are coupled if not married.

One couple met at a community meeting at sixty, married within the year and died within a year of one another 20 years later.

Don't put down love in old age.

Beats your cat eating you, IMO.
 professora
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 5/4/2016 10:06:58 PM
It seems to be more difficult. Probably due to health issues in part.

i wish POF wold start a group for over 65.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/4/2016 10:50:25 PM
Mutual chemistry is rare enough when you are younger but expecting magic and the instant attraction once you are mature, say over 60, I think is a bit unrealistic. I have yet to find a man over 55 sexually attractive and I am sure that most men feel the same about me. I have had some success with younger men though, go figure.

If a guy has to use artificial means to perform, it is a turnoff and shows lack of fitness.

Most of us have the weight around the middle and that is just not sexy, let us face it. Magic and falling in love is for the younger fry and is nature's way to get us to breed after all.
 Maleman999
Msg: 161
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 9:06:54 AM
I would think dating while in the 70's and beyond would have more to do with companionship rather than fulfilling a Romeo and Juliet love story or a fairy tale fantasy with a hot looking prince/princess. People's friends and relatives start dying off or become chronically sick and immobilized, so old people who are still healthy and active could be looking for a replacement to fill the void-before they become chronically sick and immobilized themselves-and it will happen. Everybody dies, but nobody dies while healthy, unless they're in a fatal accident or situation of some sort.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 162
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 10:03:27 AM

I would think dating while in the 70's and beyond would have more to do with companionship...................

Basically yes, my 74/75 yr old GF/housemate is an example of this. Although I have known couples who married, at 70 AND older!
A few weeks ago GF revealed, "I'm so sorry I didn't start dating when (her husband) died. I'm so lonely and bored. I just want someone to do things with me, go places with me."

LOL She loves the weekends, when she can "use a man around the house" and /or just fawn over, my BF.
I roll my eyes, he chuckles!
 Like2dance
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 11:59:28 AM
I can hardly wait! By then I should be ready to date some hot over 50 year olds!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 164
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 12:29:36 PM
^^^^^^^^Depends...is all that comes to mind.
I'm thinking..... if I'm already not liking my choices out there.....it's not going to get better at 70.
Sometimes, you just have to call it a day and admit....IT'S NOT YOU....IT'S ME.......
 ohenryx
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 2:01:05 PM

LetitiaLeGrande
I have yet to find a man over 55 sexually attractive and I am sure that most men feel the same about me.

I have found many women over 55 to be very attractive. And a few over 65, as well. As stated here before, by myself and many others, the older the age bracket, the smaller the percentage that is attractive. But they do exist, so do not give up hope.

The last woman who actually gave me romantic notions was 67 years old. Very attractive, physically, mentally, emotionally.

Whisky_River
I'm thinking..... if I'm already not liking my choices out there.....it's not going to get better at 70.
Sometimes, you just have to call it a day and admit....IT'S NOT YOU....IT'S ME.......

Back around 3 years ago, when I was 62, I dated a woman who was 71 at the time. We had a lot of fun together, both in and out of bed. We never developed a real emotional connection, if we had we would still be together. But her age was most definitely not a limiting factor!

The only thing you can work on is yourself. If you want to have fun, try to be fun. If you’re having fun, those around you will have fun. And if they have fun when they’re around you, then they are most definitely going to want to spend time with you.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 166
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 4:19:35 PM
It's not a question of being able to get dates or going out...I go out all the time and have fun.
I just don't want to settle in with anyone permanant...anymore. That's what I meant by..It's me.
People in general annoy me...if you haven't noticed.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:36:04 PM
encouraging words ohenryx,

I do agree that a lot of women over 55 are attractive but I am looking as a female. They certainly have life experience, understanding and wisdom to offer and some are even well heeled with the divorce settlement etc . lol! If I were to find a man in his sixties sexually attractive I would prefer him to say someone 15 years younger and that is for sure. We would be on same wavelength and have common reference points.
 quinneskimo
Msg: 168
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/6/2016 5:33:28 AM
^^. I'm sure you are close to 70 so I doubt some man 55 wants to date you since you are that much older. I think 65+ would be a better life fit for you. 5 years + or - either way of your age.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 169
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/6/2016 6:07:20 AM
Nah, I hope to be like Shirley ( old bird who still likes to dance) Her younger BF broke her rib during sex... I imagine the look on the Hospital staff faces when she announced how it happened!
I think lots of people in their 70s still have banging good times :) Like riding a bike you wouldn't forget how
 dragonbytes
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/6/2016 6:38:01 AM

I think lots of people in their 70s still have banging good times :) Like riding a bike you wouldn't forget how

True, but you give up all those crazy BMX bike tricks you used to try when you were younger.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 171
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/6/2016 7:31:57 AM
Well Shirley didn't :/
I will wear a helmet.. safe sex
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 172
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/6/2016 7:59:57 AM
Can Shirley pop a wheelie?

Does she need a kickstand?
 Maleman999
Msg: 173
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 5/6/2016 12:04:11 PM
A guy can go retro and all disco-platform shoes, bell bottoms, paisley shirt with the poofy sleeves and super huge collar-and he won't look out of place to someone who is in their 70's.
 Revenne
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 5/23/2016 2:39:14 PM
I'm 77. I belong to an excersise class where I met a beatiful lady of 73. I was immediately attracted to her and she to me. As time went on, I got to know her more and found that we had so much in common. We both enjoy hiking and joined a small group where we hiked locally and this lady and I always walked together. It wasn't long before I fell in love and she had the same feelings for me and we talked more intimately. A few times we went hiking on our own and I must admit I wanted to kiss her. She said no. Since we initially met I found out that she was in a live in relationship with a guy who she really doesn't love and who makes no effort to pay any attention to her, he's into fixing cars, and doesn't give a hand around the house, she virtually does everything, even cuts the grass. I love the lady to bits but cannot do anything about it as she feels she has to remain loyal to this jerk. We don't have too many years left to our lives and I want her to leave this guy as he contributes nothing to this relationship. I would love to travel the World with this Lady and do romantic things together, it's so frustrating. What should I do?
 ndm147
Msg: 175
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 5/23/2016 2:50:54 PM
The woman has to decide if she can live alone before jumping into boarding with you. What are her financial arrangements like; can she support herself?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in your 70s