Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Kids banned from restaurants?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 73
Kids banned from restaurants?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I didn't let my kids ruin my nor anyones Else's meals out. They learn REAL fast and all I had to do was arch a brow and point to the door. They STFU and settled down. Situation dealt with. They knew they would be dragged outside and had their little butt beat all the way to the car if it continued. This REALLY is not that hard folks... To bad a restaurant had to do this but I applaud their decision for those that can not control their kids. All I had to say was "Lets Go" and point to the door... Probably the scariest thing I ever had to say. My kids would be white as a sheet if I pointed to the door and said that. They KNEW!

My ways are simple, but require consistency and authority and determination. I never had a parent except my own kids use them, all I ever heard were excuses. OK, let them control you. Let them punish you with their screaming. Let them feel insecure because they are in charge.

Children are comforted by authority. Children feel free to be children when they are not in charge.

Cowboy and FyrKraken are my new heroes. Wish you could get your messages out to the entire country. (I never saw this type of shyt happen in public venues when overseas on business.)
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 74
Kids banned from restaurants?
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:46:07 PM
There is a commercial about being a good mom by giving your children hidden vegetables in highly processed sorta kiddie drink crap.

Another tell women they can feed their kids right because the dyed and sugared cerals have some kind of whole grain hacked up chemicalized and infused within the cutesypie shapes.

We have restaurants that are every sane and stable and reserved adult's nightmare in order to cater to their need for chaos while consuming edibles.

It isn't that I never let my kids drink liquid hyperactivity, or never let them eat powdered and formed sugar laced with just enough nutrients so that I wouldn't feel guilty, or never turned them loose in playland.

I just made sure that their steady diet was whole, first, that true treats were also whole, and that the joy of a good meal was often the food and company.

I was also always prepared for their boredom. One of my favorite books was this little thing I found in an airpot, 500 things to do while waiting in line with kids. A real lifesaver, for me, as much as them.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/17/2011 11:53:40 PM
well i have taken my kids out since newborns, and its drilled into theie heads to BEHAVE or else. I make darn sure that I have some toys and crayons ect. It makes for a very heavy purse sometimes lol! But they sit still, are quiet, order on thier own, say please and thank you to the wiatress or server and when we are done the compliments that I get from ppl around are what make it SO WORTH IT.

EX. I have NEVER seen kids so quiet in a restaurant, you both were excellent and wtg mom! I have also gotten free desserts for them from the waitress. So, YES there are some parents out there that DO teach thier kids not be complete monsters, and shut thier mouths sit still and use your manners. MINE ARE THEM.

Now.. yes I can count only TWICE in the 13 yrs my kids have been alive that I they have acted out and had a tantrum, but I take them into the bathroom, sit them on the counter and look them straight in the eye and tell it to them YOU WANT TO EAT? ARE YOU HUNGRY? YES?? YOUR FOOD IS WAITING FOR YOU SO IF YOU DONT STOP, IT WILL BE YOUR BREAKFAST TOMMOROW.

haha.. no lie.

I also have come to the rescue of parents of OFCK ( out of control kids) and ask them if they need some help. I have carried a sceaming toddler and baby to the bathroom or outside when I can see the other eaters wanting to kill them. They have been utterly grateful and have even bought me a drink LMAO!!!

so kids will scream but if your kid is KNOWN to be a shit distrurber, hasnt had thier nap, or you simply odont give a shit about other ppl around you then KEEP THEM AT HOME AND LEAVE OTHERS TO EAT IN PEACE.
 Cool_Magic
Msg: 76
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:13:47 AM
I have to thank parents who let their kids scream their heads off in the store. I am saving myself soooo much money. While couples with their screaming kids lounge around the store, the screaming drills a hole in my head, and can't focus on shopping so I just grab 1 item and off I go. I lost weight and soon I'll have a downpayment for a house. Thanks kids!
 RSwindol
Msg: 77
view profile
History
yes, banned from all public places on earth
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:51:40 PM

"I've never seen a restaurant say, don't bring your screaming kids in here," Ashley Heflin, a mom of two, told WECT. "You can't help it if your kids scream."

Wrong. There is an age old trick to prevent kids from screaming in public. It's called PARENTING! And if you are so lousy at it that you can't control your children, then leave them with a baby sitter if you want to go out to eat. Don't be an ass and ruin everyone else's enjoyment just because you screwed up and had kids that you aren't willing to raise.
 forumfishie
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/23/2011 10:59:37 AM
"There is an age old trick to prevent kids from screaming in public. It's called PARENTING!"

True that!!

"I have to thank parents who let their kids scream their heads off in the store. I am saving myself soooo much money"

That's exactly what I thought, last time I went shopping, there was a woman with two kids, one in a stroller, crying at the top of her lungs, and one running around and screaming "MOM" across the store.
She ignored both and kept trying shoes

Unlike her, I could not even think straight, much less find a shoe I liked
I saved money that day

FyrKrakn
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:41:46 PM
I just got nback from the city, doing errands, getting the list accomplished, the screaming kids, stressed me out! I am the kind of person who can cope in truly chaotic situations, but I noticed that I was reaching for the comfort food on the shelves.

Huh, that isn't on my diet....and I'm doing so well, do I really want this? I'm stressed for some reason, why am I so stressed?

Right then a mom was yelling at the kids in aisle because she thought I had stopped to wait for them to move out of the way. She was busy caving into their demands for junk food while reaching for diet brownies for herself (all were overweight).

Marketting strategy, secretely devolve parenting skills and make billions in the combo junk and diet food industry with crap quality entertainment toys for all starting with the sedentary moving to the exercise.

Throw it all out and start over. Take the brats outside and play ball with them.

So bad parenting is good for the economy. We work in order to replace our parenting with junk food, junk toys, junk entertainment, and then we guiltily try to make it better with diet food, exercise equipment and self-help products. Then we go out to eat and play at places that do the junk for us, businesses that would never have existed 50 years ago. We create a client source fo counseling, psychiatry and medications. The list of economic profiteering possibilities from bad parenting must be endless.
 whittakerd
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/18/2011 2:08:00 PM
Yes I am tired of lazy parenting that is either too busy pretending that the child does not belong to them or on a phone. I raised two boys as a single mother and never allowed screaming in a public place.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:57:26 AM
I have a son and when he was young, if he acted up, especially in public-he got in severe crap!

I would never expect people to 'put up' with his bad behaviour and we walked out of a few places with nothing purchased to prove my point...after the second or third time, he got it-Momma wasnt foolin around!

For any parent to shrug and say they cant help it, is lazy. Too lazy to stop what they are doing and actually teach a lesson. Yes, it is inconvenient to leave and go back again another time...but since when was parenting ever supposed to be convenient?

I would love knowing there are a few restaurants in town that didnt allow small children, because most parents dont make thier kids mind thier manners and Id love to dine out and not have to hear all that screaming and yelling. Ill tolerate it in certain restaurants...but a high end dinner with a high end price tag? Id rather eat in peace.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Kids banned from restaurants?