Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What should I do about this girl?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
So your plans are to wait her out, again, and see if she has any fleeting interest for a few mins. before sticking you back on the shelf. She doesn't really like you, she doesn't know you and she has no plans of getting to know you, you are that guy who contacted her and will listen to her BS while she is having wild psycho monkey sex with guys who treat her badly because that fills her drama quota. 'Two weeks and all this drama plus (and this makes me sick) she's dragged her 3 year old around in her mess. How great for you that her child adored you, how awful for him that yet another man was pushed into his life then pulled out. The kid was probably hoping for someone to parent him, but no, he's off on another of his mother's drama schemes. Sad. And you are hoping to actually end up with this woman? Why?
 gentleplus
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What should I do about this girl?
Posted: 7/11/2011 11:30:45 AM
You may have relationship addiction issues that need some help.... check this out and get the help you need... http://sfhelp.org/gwc/wounds/codep2.htm
 4ms4me
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2011 12:13:53 PM

Every time I would bring up not speaking to her for a while or dating others she kinda freaks out.

If you think this is because she likes you so much, you are mistaken. She's all mixed up, scared, and holding on tight even though she's not ready for a relationship. Once she gets herself straightened out, she may still want you ... or she may not.

Best advice: Move on. You'll feel that connection again, probably sooner than you think.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2011 1:02:42 PM
She says that she still really likes me but is not ready. Any advice is appreciated.

Accept her for what she has said, move on. If she calls/texts wanting to get together, and you are free..sure, why not. But stop thinking this is THE one. She clearly is mixed up and you should not consider her as THE one at all.

Date others, date her if the opportunity arises, but take her at her word..she is not ready.

Let it happen, as it happens, not as you want it to be.
 hotlikker4u
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/11/2011 1:20:17 PM
Women are from Venus & men from Mars. They speak different languages,& think differently. The Venusians understand themselves. Martians understand themselves. You are having problems with a woman. Heed the advice they ALL gave you-Run--don't walk away,do not pass "go",do not collect endless grief & manipulation, unless you want to be a lifestyle **** for an obviously unbalanced woman(for lack of a more accurate term). Her sisters know exactly what she is doing to you. Take their GOOD advice!!! Leave-don't say a word-just DO it. There are P O F in the sea! This one is a Moray Eel! You'll get over it. Trust me. I'm at the end of my life cycle. I've learned to trust women about women-unless the one giving advice has designs on you. The ones in this forum DON'T. Treat them as sage prophets-cuz that's exactly what they are! Leave,already-don't look back & DON'T TELL HER! If you still have doubts about what you've heard on this forum,ESPECIALLY from the Ladies---Just bend all the way forward,wrap your arms around your thighs as tightly as you can & put you head as far between your legs as you can & kiss your ass GOODBYE! ~Nuff Said~
 me2shy
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 7:37:07 AM
This girl sound as if she not over her last relationship, and is keeping you on the sidelines just incase!!
Tell her to sort out her head, and if still interested then contact you, she's not emotioanlly ready for another relationship, you will be the one to get hurt x
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/12/2011 1:46:16 PM
drop her like a hot potato..she's riding the fence..with 2 dudes..u really want to play second fiddle?/
 BlueTeaPot
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/12/2011 11:29:37 PM
run and hide.

That sounds like the option I would choose.
 Riderboxer
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 11:58:24 PM
She's playing games with you like an 18 year old girl. Simple as that. Move on. Iv been in similer situations and had no problem telling the girl to go somewhere. Trust me it's a big weight off your chest. You mentioned your diviorced,which means you've been outta the game awhile,which also means its hard to spot when your being played.
 journey2006
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:52:17 AM
She sound inmature and emotionally unstable! Move along!
 mr.nike
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:56:49 AM
When she is mad at her ex ,she talks to you.And does the samething to him.You should ask yourself why would you put up with this.Once you do that you will never date a women like this again.Good luck.
 gentleplus
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2011 3:17:41 PM
OP.... really she NEEDS you.... she doesn't know it...but only you do.... but she will soon discover her deepest desires and needs are all about you.... yes.... and you can project all of your love into her empty soul and you will be the fountain of her total joy.... in fact she will no longer need any spiritual core because you are her one and only savior... only.you, you, You,YOu,YOU!!!!!!! You can heal her mind and tormented soul with your love.... only you.... not a counselor, not medicine , not maturity, not anything but YOU... YOU ...YOU!!!!!

Yessssss you are a Jedi master and she will fully comply because the force told you so.... the force of your love, your passion, your true love forever, ever, and ever more...

But the price of your love.... you must wait, and wait, and wait.... unfulfilled unrewarded.... but you and only you can help her....

Remember everything here you have been told is a lie to distract you from true love... that is from the dark side of the force.... do not heed this darkness....

May the force be with you.... yes you... Jedi master..... only you
 ladyc4
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/14/2011 4:45:29 PM

Two words...
WALK. AWAY.

Seriously-between you(OP) and others responding to this thread, the thing has been analyzed to BEYOND death.
(wow I don't believe I wrote a post this short)
Cindy O
 maggiepie225
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:59:34 AM
No decent woman introduces her kid to a man after texting with them and after only 2 week, especially if she just broke off with another guy.

This one screams RUN FOR THE HILLS AND CHANGE THE LOCKS.

She is simply preying on a normal guy that wants to be in a relationship. Amazing how she seems so perfect, isn't it? Love being tugged back and forth? Unless you like being treated like a fool, chump, etc. back away fast and don't look back. If such behavior is shown in only 2 weeks, KNOW for a fact it will get even worse...!
 MJtoshort
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:21:13 PM
She is playing you bro. Just keep dating other women.
 SONNI100
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:40:01 PM
Delete and block; this is a game of sorts and is certainly of no benefit to you:-)
 dd3va
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 8:00:32 PM
I think you need to move on and let this one go. You don't want to be the fall back guy every time she breaks up with someone and until she finds someone new.
 Shadowafterdark
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:50:45 AM
White people are strange....
 hopeforyou
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/20/2011 11:48:10 AM
OP, People generally use the "I'm not ready for a relationship" line when they really mean "I'm just not that into you." Hard to face, but true.
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2011 5:04:29 PM
OP,

"Girl, don't go away mad...girl, just go away!"* - Motley Crue

* POF'ers, feel free to sway out "girl" for "boy" when appropriate for your own dating dilemma.
 LinuxD
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2011 5:12:51 PM
She is letting you drift away a little then reeling you back. She has you by the balls and knows it. If you relish drama,keep letting her mess with you.

My advice. Block,delete and ignore. Walk Away. Keep going .Do not hold onto hope. Grow a spine and tell her to get bent,
 bellaflor08
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 12:27:57 PM
The age difference should of told you she is not ready for you right now, she was sending you signals but you were not thinking with the head upstairs but the one on the bottom, wake up and smell the coffee, shes just not into you, and you should let it go, I know its hard but its better for you find someone around your age group that will appreciate for you.
 darrin68
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/22/2011 12:41:43 PM
Like the previous guy said: I would leave her alone and date other women.
 Ro0ki3
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/2/2011 10:23:21 PM
If a woman cheats on her boyfriend to hook up with me, then I already know how she treats her man. I don't want to stand in his shoes.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/4/2011 1:18:27 AM
OP- get her in bed...go for her sexually after she ""says'" all this bs...

if she goes for it...then she really likes you/loves you...

if she rejects you...

move on and never talk to her again.

don't try to reason with her or ""figure out"" what she says...cuz she don't even know.

her bedding you is her litmus test...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >