Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Casual Sex... Dilema?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentleplus
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Casual Sex... Dilema?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Direct quote from research from abe:
T7 leaked through 2 latex condoms (13.3%) of the same brand (Trojan-Enz) during the simulated intercourse test. On the other hand, PV-1 did not leak through any of the condoms. Tactylon effectively prevented the passage of both T7 and PV-1.
And:
Thus, the effective maximum pore size in all of the TPE condoms and in all but 2 of the latex condoms was too small to let HIV (80-120 nm) and hepatitis B virus (about 42 nm) filter through.

I am confused.... abe or is my masters degree in public health in the shyt hole now???

Are u ok with 13.3% leakage rate in latex condoms???? with Hep-B and HIV????
Inquiring minds want to know????

That is why research conclusions are just the opinions and political agenda of the editors.... the numeric research is always the last word..... Maybe we need to educate the virus population on the latest research conclusions.... and just forget the numbers.... it works for federal budgets.... LOL

PS... Abe.... I really do love and respect everything you ever write.... but this one you are just a little light on facts is all...
 gentleplus
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Casual Sex... Dilema?
Posted: 7/18/2011 5:04:39 PM
Abe .... I cant tell you how many peer reviewed "research" papers I have read that the conclusions were the opposite of the numeric data presented in their own papers.... many researchers are biased to outcomes to the point that I no longer even try to read conclusions but look at summary data before I even read conclusions....

IF YOU FIRST UNDERSTAND THE PLAIN MEANING OF THE DATA THEN THE CONCLUSIONS HAVE A CONTEXT.... OOPS... sorry for all caps
 abelian
Msg: 23
Casual Sex... Dilema?
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:12:43 PM

Are u ok with 13.3% leakage rate in latex condoms???? with Hep-B and HIV????

Sure, but first I'd like to point out that the 13.3% viral leak rate aoolied only to latex 2 condoms of the same brand, not all latex condoms. What they wrote was:

No virus passed through the barrier during the passive test. T7 leaked through 2 latex condoms (13.3%) of the same brand (Trojan-Enz) during the simulated intercourse test. On the other hand, PV-1 did not leak through any of the condoms

If you read further, you'll also note that the 100nm PV-1 passed through none of the condoms and that HIV is comparable in size (80nm-120nm) to the PV-1. The 13.3% rate of passage through the two condoms referred to a virus (T7) which has a size of 20nm, making it half the size of Hepatitus B (42 nm). So no, that doesn't bother me in the least. A condom only prevents some of the skin-on-skin contact and you're penis isn't exactly hermetically sealed inside of one.

What about the exposure and ``viral leakage'' at the opening of the condom? What about pelvic contact? I would have never considered a condom to be an absolute barirer to infection. In operating rooms and other ``sterile'' environments, the lowered risk of infection is not due to eliminating pathogens, but is due to the reduced concentration of pathogens. What matters is how much the rate of infection is lowered, given a rate of exposure that is reduced by a factor of about 8. Unless you're wearing a Hazmat suit with its own air supply, you are going to come into contact with pathogens in the environment, including HIV if you're having sex with an infected partner. That 13.3% leak rate is just part of the exposure.

However, the odds of becoming infected with HIV through sex with an infected partner if one does not wear a condom are between 1 in 500 and 1 in 1000 and that drops by a factor of 2 with a condom (although I don't know of a study by condom brand). If I was going to be concerned about anything, it would be the seemingly large numbers of people who think of sex without a condom as unthinkable and a reason to crucify someone, yet are ok with having sex if a guy wears a condom. People who think a condom makes sex safe or even a lot safer are more of a hazard than the condoms they wear.

but this one you are just a little light on facts is all...

I cited the article, so I know what it said. I just don't think it's as important as was alluded to earlier in this thread.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Casual Sex... Dilema?
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:05:28 AM
When.. and only when.. you get to the point of an imminent sexual relationship.. mention it. For so many reasons. I've been with 5 virgins.. and I knew for the most part the level of their experience from the start. One still thanks me for it and for the things I showed him and taught him... and that's 20 yrs later!!

Be honest about being a virgin. Don't be ashamed about it. It is what it is... and if you are asked why you're still a virgin.. just say it hasn't happened yet. My ex was 23/24 when we met and started f*cking and I told him straight up I didn't want a relationship.. just sex. He didn't tell me until after the fact.. and honestly.. I'd have never known.
 SomeonesLookin
Msg: 25
Casual Sex... Dilema?
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:10:38 PM
Prostitutes are NOT the best way to go. They're expensive, rush you and there are things they generally won't let you do like fingering (they're a bit tender there from all the action). Also, there are things you won't want to do like going downtown. I'd say just tell her it's been a while and fumble your way through it. lol You'll get better like everyone else.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Casual Sex... Dilema?