Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does he/she really love you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AJAE
Msg: 1
Does he/she really love you?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
WHAT DO U THINK THAT IT MEANS WHEN YOUR WITH SOMEONE AND U TELL THEM THAT U LOVE THEM AND THEY TELL U THAT THEY FEEL THE SAME WAY BUT YET THE WORDS "I LOVE YOU" DONT COME OUT THERE MOUTH AND THEY TELL U THAT THEY'RE NOT READY TO SAY IT. DO THEY REALLY MEAN IT WHEN THEY SAY THEY DO LOVE YOU?

[no SHOUTING, please. Check the Rules /xander]
 PassionFlowerLaura
Msg: 2
DOES HE/SHE REALLY LOVE YOU?
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:43:32 PM
what's really messed up is when you say "I love you" and they say "thank you". Insert foot in mouth. Ouch.
 AJAE
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:49:22 PM
I'VE HAD SOMEONE I WAS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH TELL ME YEAH WHEN I SAID I LOVE U. DOES THAT MEAN THEY DONT CARE.
 AJAE
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:50:44 PM
@DRAGON
I DONT THINK THAT UR OPINION IS WRONG BUT DONT U THINK THAT ITS NICE TO HEAR THOSE WORDS.
 FineArabianFilly
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:53:38 PM
Remember in Ghost when every time Demi Moore says I love you he says Ditto?
It took all the way till the end of the movie for him to say I love you.
And she said no, Sam would never say that.
And then they argue about that.

I had a guy for so long that the I love you's became afterthoughts, I love you, yeah, love you too.... did they really mean anything anymore? I've really been thinking about that just now. Do they really mean anything? Huh. Oh well.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:03:44 PM
No they do not mean it! Hell I lived with a man for two years & i said I love you & he would alawys say "me too" ! Yea he loved him too!
 Knight Rider
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/21/2005 12:12:08 AM
These days people use those words way too often,there's so used to saying
them everyday,it becomes more a habit then a show of affection!

That really sucks,when I say "I love you", to someone,it means just that,I love them,
them complete my day,I'm happiest when they're around me and can't wait to see
them again!

I never say I love you for the mere sake of saying it,I'm that kind of man that says
what he means and means what he says!

Knight Rider!
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2005 1:39:25 AM
I've always been fascinated by the recognition of love and how its communicated.

Many people I have discussed this with have positioned that a person can always know when another person loves them. I respect and can appreciate such a view, but in practice it doesn't hold up. We can all go on and on with stories where a person thought another person loved them, only to find out that person was cheating or was just lying altogether.

The most one can do is believe that another person loves them, but knowing? There are just too many cases to prove otherwise. So with that, I just think people need to worry about loving themselves and loving the other person. You can't do anything to make someone love you, they either love you or they don't no matter what you've made up in your mind about the situation you may find yourself in.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:41:00 PM
WHAT DO U THINK THAT IT MEANS WHEN YOUR WITH SOMEONE AND U TELL THEM THAT U LOVE THEM AND THEY TELL U THAT THEY FEEL THE SAME WAY BUT YET THE WORDS "I LOVE YOU" DONT COME OUT THERE MOUTH AND THEY TELL U THAT THEY'RE NOT READY TO SAY IT. DO THEY REALLY MEAN IT WHEN THEY SAY THEY DO LOVE YOU?

'Love' is synonymous with 'Commitment'.
How could the former exist without the latter?
 crystalise
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:01:28 PM
In the start of the thread. the poster actually says that the guys has already told her, he is not ready to say the words

Theres your answer. He doesnt know if he loves you yet.

Then if you are asking if he means it should he say it later after that, ie I love you, does he mean it [ ??]. It depends, he could end up saying just because you push him for it...or leave him to it and if he says it on his own in his own time then yes I would think he means it

Also however I agree with watch what he does, even more than what he says. Thats how you tell if anyone loves you. Actions speak louder than words in my books. But yes its nice to hear now and then. It should be a complement to the relationship, but not mandatory !!
 crystalise
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/3/2005 5:45:10 AM
^^^^ hear hear
 4ever_evolving
Msg: 14
Does he/she really love you?
Posted: 11/22/2007 3:10:59 PM
I don't think you can honestly say yeh or nay. Everyone person is an individual and should be treated as such. I expressed my love for someone recently and it took him a minute to respond. I wasn't expecting an I love you in return, I was expecting a response to my expression so to speak. About a week later he broke it down how its extremely hard for him to express his feelings so on and so forth, I say all that to say, go with your gut instinct. If your gut is saying he's full of it then most likely he is. We don't know dude only you do, so you should be able to tell whether its real or not these words he speaks to you. I hope he's for real and not just feeding you the foods he knows you enjoy. You get what I'm saying
 ItsMargo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Does he/she really love you?
Posted: 11/22/2007 5:58:48 PM
My guy was doing a very good job of showing his love all over the place and bending over backwards not to say it. He tells me he was doing a FINE job of hiding it, but it was incredibly transparent and really sweet too, since it was also obvious he was concerned about not putting pressure on our budding relationship.

One day (after one of his clever grabs..."I love youR eyes") I started... "hey, we have these feelings for each other..." But paused as I realized my point had no context because "I love you" hadn't been spoken by either of us yet. So, I interrupted myself and said...
"I mean, I KNOW you love me."

He roared with laughter "Oh I do, do I?" "yeah" I said, "you're a very smart man"
Of course, I have yet to live this down... but what can I say, it worked. (Gawd I love this man).

BTW, the point I was going to make was... just let feelings Be and develop however they're going to develop or not, all on their own without trying to define them or fit them into some rules or timetable about when or how or what's ok.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:47:46 AM

What's he trying to tell me?? He keeps saying to me that "I must know how he feels about me by now" but he hasn't said any words.

Ahh, carmelcakes my guess is he loves you and is freaked that maybe you don't feel the same. Loving someone can move you into a particularly vulnerable place, suddenly you have someone that you would mind very much if you lost. He might well be interpreting your silence as the awkwardness that you don't quite feel the same yet.

To me, the clues he is feeling this way are incredibly loud... problem is, or so I think, you're interpreting what he says from a similar vulnerable state... so the two of you are walking around in circles, eyeing each other, but not stepping outside of your own vulnerability to actually name those feelings.

"don't worry you didn't say anything embarrassing like I love you" ... (suggests HE is embarrassed about the strength of his feelings/saying the words out loud.)
"well okay then a lot" ... (oh my, right on the verge of an "I love you" ... this just screams to me "I love you but I'm not saying the words yet because... it isn't time/I'm not sure you feel the same/don't want things to get awkward... you fill in the blanks)
"you must know how I feel by now" ... ( you must see he loves you by now)
"are you ok", "are you bored" ... (these worries show he is vulnerable to losing you and trying to figure out "the emotional temperature" of your relationship - you you feel as strongly as he does.)

Oh take the bull by the horns caramelcakes! Put the poor guy out of his misery. Tell him "I love you" directly (and why not? I'm assuming you do, or you would be relieved he is not saying those 3 little words rather than all bothered by their absense).

If you're feel weird about that, ask him what he feels about saying people saying "I love you" - when it is appropriate, etc. That will create the opening to find out what is going on between you without putting yourself (or him) in a vulnerable place.

But, really, why not tell him how you feel? What are you afraid of caramelcakes? And why are you so quick to assume he wouldn't have a similar fear?
 fancynanci
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2007 4:22:24 PM
Actions do speak louder than words...but the words "I Love You" are like music to my ears. I love that song.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does he/she really love you?