Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 20
why do married guys pose as singles herePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Women do it too.

It's because they're pathetic creatures with low self esteem. The odd time it is because they are consistently shopping for an upgraded partner. (equally pathetic)

I would hazard to guess that a shockingly high number of POF people fall into this category.

ACountryWalk
Msg: 21
why do married guys pose as singles here
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:35:30 AM
@cheaterswife?? why on god's green earth are you still with him. Do you not value yourself? You're marriage is a lie, you're relationship is a lie and yet you know he's doing this to other women. How can you be that insensitive to other women let alone yourself??I think you, yourself needs counselling to realize your own potential. You definitely don't need a scumbag in your life to complete your life.

I of course like probably 90% of people have been cheated on too and it's sad, its painful. Ive watched close friends go through this and it makes me sick to my stomach that others do this to others women and men alike. As for any type of advice get a dog for company, hang out with your friends/family and if he's out there he'll work hard to prove himself to you!!
 Genuinefriend1234
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:35:20 PM
It is easy to tell if the guy is married. I found that no one can tell the same lie twice. If you chat or talk on the phone long enough to pick up the clues before meeting the person, you shouldn't end up with any surprises. If they will only talk to you during certain times of the day...if they are chatting but suddenly have to go a lot...if they give you their phone number they either don't answer often or say they are busy right now and will have to call you back.. The trick is to put off meeting them as long as possible. If you expect they are married - A good trick is you agree to meet them - then without them expecting it, surprise them by asking to visit their house or see where they live - look them in the eye to see the reaction... that should give you the answers you are looking for. That worked well with one guy I knew was married and I didn't have to even met him. You will get a lot of excuses if you try that trick with a married guy.

Mostly I got married guys admitting they were married or they are still living in the house with their ex-wife but they are separated. I ask if they still go to family functions together and/or the other family members is aware they are separated.. no one seemed to know they are separated only him. Most guys aren't smart enough to make up believable stories because all they are really looking for is a one night stand so it isn't worth them thinking about how to make up a good enough lie so someone will believe it.

If you have patience to look long and hard enough, a good one should come around sooner or later, but you are never going to find anyone perfect. If you find one who isn't married or a jerk only looking for one night stands in here.. then you are very lucky because that is 95% of what is on any of the dating sites....

It is well worth the wait if you are lucky enough to find one of the good ones - or even someone who is almost perfect for you.

Good luck.
 witty_name_here5602
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/6/2012 6:05:37 AM
Ok, this thread is kinda funny for the simple fact that on 4 seperate occasions I met with women who are married. And their profile says "single" I would be more inclined to say that its more women than men who pull this stunt. For me, I had an unfortunate event where I had pics up on my profile...and some crazy woman stalked me...so now I dont have pictures unti I get to know a person. Now it cracks me up that woman wont talk to a guy if he doesnt have a picture, that shows me right there that the woman is either married and wants to make sure it's worth the time, or the profile is Bot-controlled
 delightful_m
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:50:34 PM
BOT controlled?? Does that happen on here??!!!
 witty_name_here5602
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/10/2012 6:58:42 AM
Unfortunately it does, it happens on all dating sites.
 BACKAGAINTOTRYAGAIN
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/21/2012 2:17:13 PM
their are alot of lieing cheating people out there not only here on pof but everwhere. single people need to e careful . the reason they do this is because they are women who do this . so they think we are all like this for the most part. i find it insulting , and they are aholes to do this to their wifes.
 DRIVEEACHOTHERNUTS
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:25:02 PM
I'm single, so I'm not one of those guys, but believe me, a lot of wives do the same...I get offers often.
 babysarah247
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/18/2012 11:31:57 PM
i had one guy message me his profile seemed cool on it tho he said that 2 things were a lie one was that he was married and one was his age because he wanted to be able to message younger people i am 22 and he was almost 40 i told him i wasnt interested and to this day he has make other profiles and still messages me
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:11:24 PM
I change my earlier anser:

It's to get laid, and mess with people.

;)

That's it.
 loveliveshere2012
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/15/2012 4:22:08 PM
so easy ..... cause they are scum!! low life, scumbags!! if you aren't happy in anyway shape or form in your marriage, don't cheat, misuse your spouse be a grown up and get out!! too many children on this site!!
 paquitamercedes
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:35:12 AM
Just happened to me and he was available weekends, called at all different hours ... so that pattern was not available. Still in my gut I knew something was off which is why I figured it out. He is still on POF, happy as a clam.

BUT ... an idea.... how about starting a website to report, along with copy of profile, men (or women) who one finds out is married and lying about it? We truthful ones (as well as the spouses of these pathetic humans) can check the site? I am not a computer person, so would be difficult for me to start. But just think... it could become something recommended by OPRAH!!!!! A real dent could be put into this deceitful practice!! Copy of profile would be a must so people do not use it just to get back at someone.
 enjy2day
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:11:51 PM
Why do married men even go on sites like this. They are scared of the future possible of their own making and some not so of their making. They are testing the waters to see "if they still have what it takes to find someone"

Or at least that is my reason, but I have always been up front and centre about being married and only looking for married. Never single. It's been a quarter century since I was single. I couldn't play the part.

Posing as single only means they don't have confidence enough to think they could attract someone while being honest about it.

“It's a dangerous business, ... , going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” , J.R.R. Tolkien
 Googleplus
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/25/2012 12:35:16 AM

BUT ... an idea.... how about starting a website to report, along with copy of profile, men (or women) who one finds out is married and lying about it? We truthful ones (as well as the spouses of these pathetic humans) can check the site? I am not a computer person, so would be difficult for me to start. But just think... it could become something recommended by OPRAH!!!!! A real dent could be put into this deceitful practice!! Copy of profile would be a must so people do not use it just to get back at someone.

Sure but anyone could list you as married or whatever they would like lol
 ManinUniform65
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/26/2012 8:18:10 AM
I agree this is an issue with both sexes. I am getting bored with this online dating thing...not sure what women want anymore?
 ManinUniform65
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/26/2012 8:20:32 AM
I agree this is an issue with both sexes. I am getting bored with this online dating thing...not sure what women want anymore?
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 11:09:26 AM
Not really a problem with checking me out. I give my home phone # early and by checking 411.ca reverse they can check out my name is real and where I live. Doesn't work for cell phones - I don't have one, don't want one.

I can supply a newspaper article which shows my occupation which means CPIC clearance (Cdn Police Info Centre) No criminal record.

I like to meet their family and friends and them meet my friends - hey what's to hide?

Looking for a committed relationship, not a quick roll in the hay, that discourages those who may not be truly single.

If someone does not check out easily - it should raise flags.
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/11/2012 9:03:22 PM
I very quickly give anyone of interest that I'm talking to my Facebook, and business Facebook and website. They can see my whole life. I take tons of pics there are no secrets. The divorce is mentioned, all ex wives are on there, nothing is hidden.

If more men gave their Facebook and cell to the ladies then it would be much more reassuring, and the first meet would be easier. Ladies should be able to ask if the guy has Facebook or a website, twitter anything, just because the married, bottom feeders pretending to be single haven't got what it takes to get someone on "intimate encounters". I'm against all cheating but this pretend group is comprised of sissies.

Women should think twice before handing Facebook out, there are stalker types out there.
 butterfly939
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/18/2012 3:12:33 AM
It has happened many times that I know of (and probably even more that I don't). I have started to ask early on in messaging 'are you married...or otherwise unavailable?' So far several have answered truthfully to the blatant question (to which I say I am not interested). The trouble with that is...it sounds so aggressive and/or distrusting to the honest ones it can be a turn off. I've thought about starting a site that does polygraph tests (jk) so we could start off on an honest basis. C'est la vie caution in all things
 imsunshine7
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2012 2:50:03 PM
Lots of psychopaths, sociopaths and just plain weirdos visit all types of sites...
 FitnessGuy33
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 10:39:37 AM
Because alot of people get married for the wrong reasons then find out they're something missing so they look elsewhere..not speaking about myself but just my guess, we live in a world where people get married for status then find other ways to find happiness.
 vacuumanddusting
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/14/2018 5:14:34 PM
I had one guy would not give up. Finally I blocked him. He gave me some big sob story how his wife got fat. I suggested he support her to get healthy again. There are many married guys on here. Usually the ones with no pics. If you grill them and ask them for a pic most people will give one but if they immediately take it down, MARRIED. Just block and move on.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >