Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Head of the household?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kariann71
Msg: 201
Head of the household?Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Arch, I was raised Christian and would never belittle your beliefs. You have traditional values, nothing wrong with that.

However... As a single mother I have to say that you need to give your mother props for raising you alone. God looks out for us but SHE was the one who stepped up and took care of you and became mother and father. It's not an easy job, believe me, but a very rewarding one. She paid the bills and put food on the table, did she not?

God watches over me but I work my butt off to provide for my child since their father is absent and a deadbeat. Therefore, I'm the head of the household and have earned that title through hard work. I don't have to have a penis to hold that title.

Have a good day!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 202
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:10:35 PM
Exactly Kariann!
Of course I give my Mother props, my Mom and I have a good family relationship, I'm not condemning that. God watches over my Mom and my Mom hauled ass and raised me from birth. I'm also saying that it wasn't just my Mom alone that helped raise me either, God also did too.
 Sheply_E_Dorkinhimer
Msg: 203
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:35:51 PM
I love it when people bring in religion to the fold, okay so you are taking things out of the bible now, perhaps you can interpret a few more things for me

One of my best friends wants to sell his daughter/my youngest goddaughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. with the Economy the way it is, what is a fair price? do we accept gold bullion because the American dollars is worth less than the Canadian Dollar?

I have Client who insists on working on the Sabbath , as forbidden in Exodus 35:2. It clearly states he should be put to death, Should I take it upon my self to have him killed, since law enforcement disapproves of that and I would end up as a guest of the government or shall I ask someone at a the local church to do so? what do you think?

Here is that troubles me, Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations My best bud says this applies to Americans , but not Quebecers ( they are a nation unto it self). Can you clarify? Why can't I own Quebecers?

There are a few posters I would love have whacked for wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (polyester and cotton mixed). they also curse and can be blasphemous on the forums should I gather up some of the forumites together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private barbecue , like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) back in the day?

Can you help me out here?

Disclaimer : You know this is tongue and cheek right?
 cautiousluv
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:59:48 PM

Reference Holy Bible:
Genesis Chapter 1
Genesis 2:18, 22-24
Ephesians 5:25-27
1 Peter 3:7
Ephesians 5:22-24
Colossians 3:19

Archangel.......there are SO many non-believers here in the forum.....just be prepared because sometimes they become a little IRATE with the whole subject. Just be prepared to get ridiculed for your beliefs. Good thing people aren't able to throw stones through the internet.
 cautiousluv
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:02:32 PM

should I gather up some of the forumites together to stone them?

That's funny....I totally made the "throw stones" comment before I even read your post.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 206
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:25:10 PM
Hey Cautiousluv,
Thanks for the heads up :-). I dealt with a lot of non believers on the forums before with ridicule, ready to pick a fight as always -_- . I simply just ignore them.
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 207
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:05:43 AM
I think men are fooling themselves if they really believe in all their egotistical arrogance they are actually head of anything....
 mainelyhere
Msg: 208
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:07:59 AM
As opposed to woman thinking they are in charge?
 ixtlan09
Msg: 209
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:11:26 AM
Many use biblical references to support this belief. Of course these same people believe that God sent female bears to tear apart children because they made fun of a man for being bald. 2 Kings 23:24.
 mainelyhere
Msg: 210
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:30:56 AM
the issue isnt biblical and please dont theory out that red herring.
 _shakti_
Msg: 211
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:39:07 AM
Archangel:
1. God
--------
2. Christ
---------------
3. Man
----------
4. Woman
------
5. Animal

In that order.
So if a woman chooses to be on her own.. how is she able to get to God? Doesn't she need a man to mediate for her??

Or is this an order of importance list as opposed to an actual spiritual hierarchy?
Msg: 212
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:49:49 AM
Oh christ the religious nutters are making a case using the bible again.
 OTKneeded
Msg: 213
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:10:20 AM
"there are SO many non-believers here in the forum.....just be prepared because sometimes they become a little IRATE with the whole subject. Just be prepared to get ridiculed for your beliefs. Good thing people aren't able to throw stones through the internet."

You use the term "non-believers" like it's a bad thing. Christians love to tell people how wrong we are, but cry foul and whine when they receive the same in return.
As in any debate, if they're going to put it out there, they must expect the rebuttal.
It's just realistic to tell someone they're beliefs are wrong and not expect to be told the same in return.
 TOEDWY
Msg: 214
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:50:21 AM

Wise up.
He's what you let him be, not what he thinks he is except in his mind.

Men have been told they are the head of things for hundreds of years..don't fawking go and blow it.

I like happy man.

"Oh welcome home my darling..slippers? brandy? Cigar on the porch please..darling.
Dinner will be served soon..Baked Alaska or Louisiana swamp pie afterwards ?

So what?

Wow... now see most women aren't smart enough to know these things. Or smart enough to make use of the information given to them.

Any woman who doesn't want a man to be a man... should start dating women?

Seriously... keep on going around cutting off penis's and see where that gets you. LoL
Msg: 215
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:29:12 AM

A man is a person who has been born genetically male and nothing more.Anything you say a man should be are your own personal beliefs and the stereotypes that society assigns to each gender.

I have many gay male friends/family members and most of them are very effeminate,but they are still men.Just because they don't act how society and your bible says they should does not make them any less a man.
 cautiousluv
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:36:16 PM

You use the term "non-believers" like it's a bad thing. Christians love to tell people how wrong we are,

Maybe it did come across like that but I honestly didn't mean for it to. And oh.....NOT this Christian. I don't think you will ever hear ME preaching to someone (at least I hope not).

I believe in God (higher power).....I mean it's easier for me to believe this universe was intelligently designed vs just sort of happening by a "big bang" caused my “matter“.....I also believe because I can FEEL God’s presence…..it’s a spiritual thing and for non-believers…..it’s something you just won’t “get”….I also realize that the human brain (no matter how smart someone thinks they are) is more than likely not even capable of comprehending everything. But I don’t ridicule and actually get mad when someone has a different belief than myself. Everyone is free to believe what they want. BUT that's a different topic and the bible isn't the main reason I prefer the man to be "head of the household" so to speak. I'm attracted to men that are leader's and like them to be the dominant one in the relationship. To ME….that doesn’t mean getting walked all over by the man…….or you being the “little miss’ that never get’s a say on anything. And it has nothing to do with a woman not being able to take the “lead” in the bedroom either (just wanted to clarify that one…..lol)

Ha! That's what I said......if I wanted a complete equal.....I would marry a woman. I for one.....embrace the differences between men and woman. When I look at a man and see his muscles as he's working on something......it just reminds me of how much stronger men are than women......and I like it!

I'm feminine and want a masculine man. I think masculine is just naturally a little more dominant. Again.....it has nothing to do with a man being controlling or dictating......it's more about a man taking the lead......being the Alpha Male.
 MystikalMe
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:25:53 PM
Sylvanswan: Did you perhaps stop and think for a minute that NOT ALL women want babies and the picket fence and neat white house with a swing set in the yard? That some women actually looked at all their options and made choices that suited them better?

Me: Of course I KNOW that not all women are not interested in babies, picket fences & the swing set... just as the reverse is also true... not EVERY woman living today wants to work full time, come home, take care of those babies, clean up that neat white house and have no time for that that lovely swing set in the yard.... or how about the countless of SINGLE mothers who don't have time / energy to blow their noses let alone spend quality time with their babies or even HAVE a neat white house, most are luck to probably have a tiny apartment...

Sylvanswan: That may be your opinion, but it is also a slap in the face for the women who are currently doing those jobs and doing them well. They chose those jobs for the same reason as men: To help people. I bet you think they shouldn't join the military either? Tsk tsk, what disrespect you have for your sister's in the trenches, shame on you! At least they are getting the same pay as their male counterparts, something you failed to mention regarding the women's movement....

Me: I really have a problem here with this statement of yours, I do believe, of course I maybe wrong, but I do believe, if you took a pol of women who are cops , the leading reason would not be to help out others....I am certain if you do some investigation on reasons people became cops, you'll find *helping others* does not top the list... things like power, ego, and even family tradition, will be listed.... and included in a woman's cop criteria, I'm sure you'll find ... *need to prove a point*, *need to prove to my father* , things of this nature...
*helping others* ... will be listed in *why I became a nurse/doctor* section.
And your absolutely right, I don't believe women should be in COMBATIVE military positions either.

It has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone... it has to do with logics. Like I said there are places for everyone...

Ahh, yes the equal pay status... are you absolutely certain we achieved that point?? I have worked in corporate america... and I have seen for myself that the equal pay for equal work status.... not measuring up 100% as all those bra-liberators intended it to.
 MystikalMe
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:40:35 PM
ComplexEnigma :: EXCUSE me I was a correctional officer on Death Row in the state of TEXAS. I also walk amoung the inmates as a general population correctional officer. I WAS good at my job. They respected my word.

Me: Hmmm.... let's see, if you were a correctional officer on death row...then you didn't WALK amongst the inmates in the literal sense of WALK.... you walked along the corridors...where the inmates were caged up behind iron bars... let's not confuse apples and pears here....

And of course they were going to respect your word...like seriously that's redundant... because these people are in a sense.... defenseless.... they are behind cages mostly 24/7 ... and when they come out, they get handcuffed before hand, anklecuffed and walk in a shuffle while a handfull of correction officers walk alongside the parade... being a correctional office in a prison is VERY different than being a cop on the street, where you have very limited protection against what's coming at you.

Again, please don't compare apples to pears
 MystikalMe
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:08:36 PM
fleuron: What’s really distorted, misplaced and misunderstood is that equality, equal rights, equal value is bullshiit….not so long ago women were considered legal possessions of their husbands. Are you cool with that? Not so long ago spousal rape was legal. You cool with that too? Jeezus…pick up a history book. Pick up a law book. Research what your husband could legally do to you not so long ago. Oh, and remember, if you didn’t want to live in poverty your whole life, you got married. You had no options.
Too bad courageous women went to all the trouble to pave your ungrateful way for you. You could be living the high life, being chained to the stove during the day and the bed at night, while a nice man does all your thinking for you.

Me: I'm not quite getting your point here... but I will make use of your points... okay, so instead of being chained to a stove during the day, women have exchanged that for being chained to a desk from 9-5 (some even longer), having to answer to bosses who generally impose their bossly-ways, such as being demanding, expectant, and even demeaning ... and mind you, in most cases , most of us are not even getting paid fantastic salaries for our work, and then wait, our day doesn't end at 5pm, no we now have to go home to take care of our children and the non-possessive, non-rape intentional, non-thinking husbands, which only means that we have even MORE work to do, like having to inspire our husbands for sex, having to think for our children, ourselfs and our husbands, and the damn list just goes on and on and on.

Yup we are in a far better place now
 MystikalMe
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:16:20 PM
Personally I like the thought of the man being "head of the household"....I prefer alpha type males and it just feels "natural" to ME. I, for one....don't think men and woman are equal (and no.....that doesn't mean I think the man is superior....just different) I am turned on by masculine men....if I wanted a complete equal.....I would marry a female.

OMG !!! that's too funny ....and I couldn't have said it better myself.

I too was a stay at home mom... and would have wanted it no other way.... I absolutely LOVED it... I too only went back to work and part-time, when my kids were older. I think however, that in most cases, especially nowadays, this way of life isn't a choice anymore for those women who would want to be stay at home moms... it's difficult enuff making ends meet on 2 salaries, let alone 1.

Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but for our children's sakes, their futures, their well being, I wish there were more stay at home moms, versus the children having to be subjected to alternative means after school.
 MystikalMe
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:19:38 PM
LOL... even in a gay marriage or lesbian marriage.... there is always a *female* and *male* counterpart....hence the term *butch*

Just cant seem to get away from real-world dynamics....no matter which label you choose to use ... LOL
 MystikalMe
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:24:15 PM
CulturedBlackMan
Message: I think men are fooling themselves if they really believe in all their egotistical arrogance they are actually head of anything....

HAHAHAH !!!
 lateef7842
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:34:53 AM
I think a man should be head of household if he is able. And, that is the problem. A lot of males who want that role just aren't equipped to handle it. That's a lot of responsibility. It isn't for the weak of heart, the selfish or the foolish.

Being an adult male won't cut it. He has to be a man.
 CircleofStones
Msg: 224
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:03:56 PM
I just said this in another similar forum, but it fits here. At the end of the day, its the courts whose opinion counts, and from what I can tell from the statistics women are in control of the children which is the home really, the "family". This begs the question, with 20 million fatherless homes, if people are just people, men no better than women or vice versa, why the over proportion of MEN getting ejected from the family? Unless, guys, we are really mostly scum who don't care about our kids. I don't believe that for a moment. I think the system perpetuates it.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 225
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:09:40 PM
I read all of the responses and the newest ones seem to baffle me the most...First off,The men on this are not saying they are Better than the female counterparts,If anything.They re saying if you want to date a girly guy then thats their business...
I am starting to see that we(meaning men)cannot see the womans point and vica versa.I think women believe that if you want to be the head of the house,your a stalin type or "rule with an iron fist"but thats not the case.Its just structure.
Im sorry to say this,but even the most feminest of women wouldnt sy this,but they dont want a man until they need them...For example,god forbid but if you had a break in whist you were sleeping,wouldnt you want a man there to control the situation?I know women will say,I can call the cops.and well they should,but how long does it take for them to get there??wouldnt you want a man whos not hiding with you,but instead goes and investigates??Im just playing devils advocate here,but How is the protector of the house and whos' in it have to take a backseat with all other decisions??even the media is exploiting this as a comic reference in commericals and what not.just a thought.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Head of the household?