Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Head of the household?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OTKneeded
Msg: 188
Head of the household?Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
"there are SO many non-believers here in the forum.....just be prepared because sometimes they become a little IRATE with the whole subject. Just be prepared to get ridiculed for your beliefs. Good thing people aren't able to throw stones through the internet."

You use the term "non-believers" like it's a bad thing. Christians love to tell people how wrong we are, but cry foul and whine when they receive the same in return.
As in any debate, if they're going to put it out there, they must expect the rebuttal.
It's just realistic to tell someone they're beliefs are wrong and not expect to be told the same in return.
 TOEDWY
Msg: 189
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:50:21 AM

Wise up.
He's what you let him be, not what he thinks he is except in his mind.

Men have been told they are the head of things for hundreds of years..don't fawking go and blow it.

I like happy man.

"Oh welcome home my darling..slippers? brandy? Cigar on the porch please..darling.
Dinner will be served soon..Baked Alaska or Louisiana swamp pie afterwards ?

So what?

Wow... now see most women aren't smart enough to know these things. Or smart enough to make use of the information given to them.

Any woman who doesn't want a man to be a man... should start dating women?

Seriously... keep on going around cutting off penis's and see where that gets you. LoL
Msg: 190
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:29:12 AM

Any woman who doesn't want a man to be a man... should start dating women?

A man is a person who has been born genetically male and nothing more.Anything you say a man should be are your own personal beliefs and the stereotypes that society assigns to each gender.

I have many gay male friends/family members and most of them are very effeminate,but they are still men.Just because they don't act how society and your bible says they should does not make them any less a man.
 lateef7842
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:34:53 AM
I think a man should be head of household if he is able. And, that is the problem. A lot of males who want that role just aren't equipped to handle it. That's a lot of responsibility. It isn't for the weak of heart, the selfish or the foolish.

Being an adult male won't cut it. He has to be a man.
 CircleofStones
Msg: 192
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:03:56 PM
I just said this in another similar forum, but it fits here. At the end of the day, its the courts whose opinion counts, and from what I can tell from the statistics women are in control of the children which is the home really, the "family". This begs the question, with 20 million fatherless homes, if people are just people, men no better than women or vice versa, why the over proportion of MEN getting ejected from the family? Unless, guys, we are really mostly scum who don't care about our kids. I don't believe that for a moment. I think the system perpetuates it.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 193
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:09:40 PM
I read all of the responses and the newest ones seem to baffle me the most...First off,The men on this are not saying they are Better than the female counterparts,If anything.They re saying if you want to date a girly guy then thats their business...
I am starting to see that we(meaning men)cannot see the womans point and vica versa.I think women believe that if you want to be the head of the house,your a stalin type or "rule with an iron fist"but thats not the case.Its just structure.
Im sorry to say this,but even the most feminest of women wouldnt sy this,but they dont want a man until they need them...For example,god forbid but if you had a break in whist you were sleeping,wouldnt you want a man there to control the situation?I know women will say,I can call the cops.and well they should,but how long does it take for them to get there??wouldnt you want a man whos not hiding with you,but instead goes and investigates??Im just playing devils advocate here,but How is the protector of the house and whos' in it have to take a backseat with all other decisions??even the media is exploiting this as a comic reference in commericals and what not.just a thought.
 funinsun32
Msg: 194
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:17:40 PM

god forbid but if you had a break in whist you were sleeping,wouldnt you want a man there to control the situation?I know women will say,I can call the cops.and well they should,but how long does it take for them to get there??wouldnt you want a man whos not hiding with you,but instead goes and investigates??

And this is why I have a dog and a 9mm next to my bed
I didn't walk away my ex did. But I can tell you even when we were together, it was me who would be gun in hand out the front door doing the investigating not him. And before you ask, no he was not a "girly" man. Hence why head of house hold is not gender specific or job specific. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully the household can have a "shared" head and situations can be dealt with by whomever is most capable.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 195
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:26:39 PM
Thats great for you funinsun,
I think its mazing you have the protection you need for yourself,as i have trained my daughters in many take down manuvers that can be crippling and/or fatal to the aggressor.....However,for myself,I would feel a sense of shame and contempt and even self loathing if I sent a woman out to investigate a situation.
So forgive me for thinking your man was a mans' man.Because there is NO WAY a man would send his woman out,with a gun,superhero strength,and bulletproof.Now,I took into consiteration you may be an officer of the law,so You can get away with more than an average citizen,But your not...and Im not saying your not able to defend your area,I just find it hrd to believe you went out to see if there is a problem whilst your man sat there....and if he was a man,he is the laziest one on the planet from what you described.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 196
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:30:05 PM
btw...I can actually spell,but dont spell check so exuse the missing letters i.e. mazing instead of Amazing.my keys stick sometimes...lol
 CircleofStones
Msg: 197
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:30:54 PM
Most men can clean, cook, do laundry and take care of a home too. You think we need women for that? Yes some women, very tough, no doubt. In fact, I would rather get kicked by a man than most women. Women tend to have really strong legs ha ha. The thing is more often than not, men are built more for battle...its changing the laws and holding all everyone to a different standard for the lowest common denominators that has to stop.
 funinsun32
Msg: 198
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:36:46 PM

there is NO WAY a man would send his woman out,with a gun,superhero strength,and bulletproof.
he is the laziest one on the planet from what you described.

Well, lets just say that I grew up with a father and older brother that made sure that I could defend myself physically (like you described with your own daughters) so it wasn't necessarily that he "sent" me out. I just happen to be a VERY protective person over the one's I love. He was physically intimidating being large built but I do think I am tougher than him!! He liked to rely on his size to be intimidating so I don't know if "lazy" would be the word but I think I was stronger in some areas for sure!
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 199
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:38:21 PM

As long as I get control of the remote then we're all good.

Some women live on the edge, just barely holding on and stradling reality. When they crossover you buy a duplicate remote and take the batteries out of the original.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 200
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:44:44 PM
And it didnt bother your man that you were the protector??I myself would find that very emasculating,I mean no offense to women,but we are built to be stronger and more aggressive....so if you take that away from us,what do we have left?lol
 funinsun32
Msg: 201
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:50:38 PM

And it didnt bother your man that you were the protector??I myself would find that very emasculating,I mean no offense to women,but we are built to be stronger and more aggressive....so if you take that away from us,what do we have left?lol

Guess not!! He would even make jokes to people and tell them "Its not me you really need to worry about!"lol
Trust me, there were other situations that he was more than welcome to be the "man"!!! I can't be with a man that has no back bone, its a turn off. I guess that I was just better at that area (and taking care of all the maintenance on the vehicles) and he was stronger in other's.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 202
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 1:03:41 PM
Thats all good,but im so sorry that is just disturbing to me...I could never ever accept my daughters being with a man I felt couldnt protect them,even if they can protect themselves,I guess Im just too 1950s.lol
 RushLuv
Msg: 203
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 1:06:36 PM

Head of the household, "Head" is!!! A "Head" in this pretense is NOT someone whom is controlling, domineering, vengeful, abusive or hateful.

Nope. However, it can be that way if "Head of the household" is abusing that little right. "Head of the household is supposed to be the loving leader, and a natural woman like myself don't mind.

And this:

The Head as men was meant to be was to be loving, patient, caring, and the provider & teacher of his wife.

True that!
Being head of the household is SUPPOSED to be loving commitment. The "leader..." should never abuse that.
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 204
Head of the household?
Posted: 2/27/2012 5:10:51 PM
@Mystikal
Sylvanswan: Me: Of course I KNOW that not all women are not interested in babies, picket fences & the swing set... just as the reverse is also true... not EVERY woman living today wants to work full time, come home, take care of those babies, clean up that neat white house and have no time for that that lovely swing set in the yard.... or how about the countless of SINGLE mothers who don't have time / energy to blow their noses let alone spend quality time with their babies or even HAVE a neat white house, most are luck to probably have a tiny apartment...

I have absolutely nothing against people who want to become or parents and I'm not sure why you are bringing up single mothers, but I can tell you as the childless aunt and friend to single mums I have babysat more kids more times than I can remember. I think single parenthood is the hardest job in the world, I count my blessings that I did not find myself in that position.
It sounds to me Mystikal that you are searching for a man to support you and your kids, and take control of you....

Me: I really have a problem here with this statement of yours, I do believe, of course I maybe wrong, but I do believe, if you took a pol of women who are cops , the leading reason would not be to help out others....I am certain if you do some investigation on reasons people became cops, you'll find *helping others* does not top the list... things like power, ego, and even family tradition, will be listed.... and included in a woman's cop criteria, I'm sure you'll find ... *need to prove a point*, *need to prove to my father* , things of this nature...
*helping others* ... will be listed in *why I became a nurse/doctor* section.
And your absolutely right, I don't believe women should be in COMBATIVE military positions either.

Assume much Mystikal? After spending 6 years of my life with a police officer, I can tell you I've met my fair share of cops! And I would say the majority of them chose the job to HELP people...don't you realize that some of those jobs are completely hideous like Child Sex Crimes for example? And I have met doctors and nurses that we so completely crappy at their jobs, their patient's would have been better off disguising themelves as a dog and visiting a veterinarian, so.....I don't know what point you are trying to make?
And so you don't like women in the military, whatever....

It has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone... it has to do with logics. Like I said there are places for everyone...

Ahh, yes the equal pay status... are you absolutely certain we achieved that point?? I have worked in corporate america... and I have seen for myself that the equal pay for equal work status.... not measuring up 100% as all those bra-liberators intended it to.

I've been part of Corporate Canada, along with part of a very good education system. Pehaps it's different here but last time I checked, I was living in a democracy where it's really do-able to follow one's dreams and inspirations no matter what they are...No bra-burning required!! But then again, maybe some people are more blessed than others.
Not every woman needs a man to head the household or her life for that matter. Some women are very capable of teaching themselves what they need to know, how to protect themselves, how to use tool to fix sh1t, figuring out their vehicle's operating manual, what to do with money, etc. etc. Really, it's not that difficult. So why are you trying to give the impression that it is?
 grizzelda
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/1/2012 12:57:16 PM
Thats all good,but im so sorry that is just disturbing to me...I could never ever accept my daughters being with a man I felt couldnt protect them,even if they can protect themselves,I guess Im just too 1950s.lol

Maybe her SO wasnt so wrapped up in some vision of who he "should" have been vs who he actually is. Sounds to me like you are the one with the bigger problem, not him. She doesnt sound all that bothered by it, why should you be?

I often wonder why so many men are kicking and screaming about how it is the truth that men are naturally the better leader, when there have been so many examples to show that isnt the truth. How do you explain the millions and millions of anomolies if men were naturally the better leader and had the better equipment to do the job?
 Capn_America
Msg: 206
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:03:07 PM

figuring out their vehicle's operating manual

Oh YEAH? How about programming a video tap...oops, that doesnt exist anymore lol. Um, how about programming the dvd player? huh? HUUUHHHH??? SEE? You guys still need men for SOMETHING.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:07:42 PM

Um, how about programming the dvd player? huh? HUUUHHHH??? SEE? You guys still need men for SOMETHING.

That's what kids are for! They often know more about modern electronics than most adults.

My daughter managed to find features on my new cell phone I wasn't even aware that it had!
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 208
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:14:33 PM
Rofl,
Yes and fix things round the house.lol...and for the grizz,There are plenty of examples on how Men,have been head of households and things go well....now that the family dynamic is out the window,look t this generation....beligerant,entitled,spoiled,ungrateful and rude kids...and it will only get worst,without structure breeds chaos......and it has become more rampant and more accessible to see now days...even you could see this.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/4/2012 12:39:41 AM
If the ladies feel good nagging at us and controling the household...who cares? Men rule the world.
 cckch
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/7/2012 10:58:42 PM
I guess I'll chime in here... I'm usually just a lurker...

Personally, I have a lot more respect for people living a traditional lifestyle...If you really think about it, look what's happened to families, marriage, kids, etc.. Four out of five marriages end in divorce these days.. Families are torn apart.. When both parents are working, they have daycare raising their kids.. Then it's the schools and aftercare programs.. I really don't understand why anybody would have children if they aren't going to raise them themselves. Kids today are downright scary.. And being part of a non-traditional family is the main reason they're turning out this way..

Even when there are no kids involved, the traditional family is always better.. The man brings home the bacon, the woman cooks it.. This is how it started and it should never have changed.. Life was so much more wholesome when men took care of the land and hunted, and the wife took care of the house and kids.. Families were close.. They didn't worry about having nice things.. The family, as a whole, was much more important..

I am one of fourteen kids.. I was raised in a traditional household.. We all turned out to be respectful productive citizens.. Unlike many of my friends that weren't raised that way.. Now they're raising their kids the same way and the kids are just like they were.. It isn't pretty..

All of my brothers are heads of their households.. They're the breadwinners. My sisters take care of the home, the kids, and everything else that goes along with being responsible for everything except bringing home a paycheck...

If we all had traditional family values, the world would be a better place.. Our morals are gone, kids are being murdered every day... 12-year-olds are having kids and abortions.. Nobody keeps track of their kids anymore because they're too busy worrying about the almighty dollar..

My son was raised the same way I was raised.. He turned out to be a wonderful husband and father.. He earns a great living.. His wife has never had to work.. She stays home with the kids and takes care of the important stuff.. This is the way it's supposed to be... It's the way it should be...
 CarKam1
Msg: 211
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/8/2012 5:34:05 AM
Well said cckch :-)
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 212
Head of the household?
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:41:10 PM
Living off the land and your man and cookin' the bacon he brings home is all fine and dandy, but you do know that not a lot of folk don't do that anymore? And some women don't like to cook because they aren't good at it....but that's another topic...

Firstly, I do not have anything against women who want to marry and have a family. And if they want it traditional, then so be it.

To me, 'head of the household' either pertains to taxes or is a biblical term. A "boss" that denotes a woman is a child who should be barefoot and pregnant, chained to the stove, sink and washing machine.

Traditional doesn't work for me, I find many "traditional" men condescending, bible-thumping Assholes who resent women who have a career and a good comfortable life or anything they obtained on their own.

I do appreciate a man who is protective, loving, respectful and dignified, that can recognize a woman's creativity and wisdom, an equal helper and financially wise. A man who can commmunicate, compromise and come to agreements that won't alienate his partner or everyone else. I myself possess these traits and that is why I appreciate them also in a man.

I do not need a man to lord over me and deny me my identity or dreams. I also don't need to be told what to do with my paycheque, how to do laundry, what to cook, how to exercise (or look after myself), what to do with my time, how to wash the floors, when to see the dentist or doctor, etc. etc. I'm not a child and I refuse to be parented by my mate.

And no offense, but the women that end up in the welfare line are usually the ones whose hubby left her high and dry when he finds someone else or kicks the bucket without a life insurance policy. She is left with no source of income with no employable skills and no education either. Ditto for the women's shelters too.

People don't realize that sometimes relationships and/or people don't last forever. Don't be left between a rock and a hard place when it happens and make sure you plan the 'unpredictables' in life. Make sure that your 'head' gives a crap about your future too.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Head of the household?