Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Woman that Has Condoms in Bedroom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 inthroughtheoutdoor
Msg: 26
Woman that Has Condoms in BedroomPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I always have condoms on hand regardless if I'm sexually active or not. When my youngest girl became a teenager and the sex talks took on a new dimension, I took her with me to look at and purchase condoms at our pharmacy so that she would be comfortable with the process if and when appropriate. Are you seriously asking this question my friend or was this asked in jest? Because I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a grown man wondering why, to the point of asking strangers what they think, a grown woman (single I assume) would have condoms in her nightstand.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 27
Woman that Has Condoms in Bedroom
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:56 PM

Yes, I have a condom or two in my wallet. However, I'm not planning to have sex with her. She's out of my league and we've been friends for 15+ years. We've talked about having something romantic between us, but we'd rather just have a friendship that lasts a lifetime and be able to talk about anything.

If this is the case, and it was not leading to a sexual escapade, then why the question?

Do you feel that your friend was being prepared?
Does that bother you that she is sexually active?

From what you have read I'm sure you noted that ALL intelligent women have condoms close by.

Wishful thinking on our part.
 cjcgirl
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:26 PM
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm I carry them in my pocketbook.. never know when you might need them...
 JONITA
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:31:53 PM
You want to know what you call a woman with condoms in her bedroom? RESPONSIBLE
 Fleuron
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:47:23 PM
"Good thing you didnt see her ahem " toys" you might of had nightmares because of it. "
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:58:10 PM
Oh man...she has condoms in her general vicinity?!?! GET HER TESTED FOR STD's RIGHT AWAY!!!

I bet she's had 27 abortions too.
 gentleplus
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:01:50 PM
Well OP I think you get it now???? or do you need more "help"
 abelian
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:03:58 PM

From what you have read I'm sure you noted that ALL intelligent women have condoms close by.

That brings up a question. Does the intelligent woman carry an assortment of sizes so she's prepared for anything?

Wishful thinking on our part.

Only if all you carry are magnum xl's.
 CMonster
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:26:35 PM

How am I being an ass? I'm just wondering why women have condoms in the nightstand or in their room. Isn't it our job to bring that to the bedroom?

Y'know, there's a ton of other things worse than a condom that a woman can take out of her nightstand. If you're there when she pulls out a condom, more than likely you're going to be in a good place.
 abelian
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:46:34 PM
Isn't it our job to bring that to the bedroom?

Guys aren't particularly well known for their enthusiastic use of condoms and aren't all that likely to be deterred if one isn't available. It may be our ``job'', but since many of our co-workers should be fired for slacking off, someone needs to pick up the slack if the job is going to get done.

was wondering the same thing. How does he know she had 15? lol

If he has ten fingers and ten toes, he won't wrap around until he hits 21.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:53:30 PM

we'd rather just have a friendship that lasts a lifetime and be able to talk about anything.

But...if you're asking the forums about this instead of asking her...guess you really aren't able to talk about "anything"....right?

I always have a supply of condoms in my toybag for safety's sake. Sadly, mine also seem to expire before getting used up. It never fails - buy a small box and run out too soon when having one of those (far too rare) wild weekends - or buy in larger quantities and end up throwing them out because they got too old. Sigh.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:29:54 PM
I don't think a woman should have THAT many condoms nearby.....I like to make it my personal civic duty to help them reduce that number...
 GWSmith
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:44:46 PM
@OP: I think that's just smart thinking. Some people never know when they might have that kind of chemistry, and sometimes no matter how prepared you are you aren't prepared. She's got a backup plan; everyone should have a backup plan!
 CMonster
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:45:31 PM

I don't think a woman should have THAT many condoms nearby.....I like to make it my personal civic duty to help them reduce that number...

WATER -- BALLOON -- FIGHT!!!!
 TDH49
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:59:53 PM
I was giving her a massage after her surgery (just friends) and she said she had some massage oil in the drawer, I looked, and their they were. I asked her about it, and she was like...well, you weren't supposed to see those. She told me she totally forgot they were thereShe sent you to get massage oil not to take inventory of what else is in her drawers. And you had to stones to question her about something that's obviously none of your business?.

I would much rather she had them when she needed them, than to need them and not have them. I would view her as a very wise woman indeed. You on the other hand is a totally different story.

<div class='quote'>She is a smart girl and you are an ass.Actually I think this pretty much sums it up.

years ago when i was still living in Ottawa, a friend and i were at an event and the Ottawa Sexual Health Centre happened to be there with a booth. at this booth they had a GIANT bowl full of condoms of every colour, flavour and variety out there.

my friend grabbed my purse and stuffed handfuls of them into it even as i protested that they'd expire before i ever got to use them.

i took them home and put them in the drawer of my bedside table.

and they expired before i ever got an opportunity to use them....
Come come now devine condoms take about 3 or 4 years to expire you telling me that not one guy was able to sample the goodies in all that time?

SylvanSwan
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/19/2011 7:12:06 PM

Good thing you didnt see her ahem " toys" you might of had nightmares because of it.

Ha! That's hilarious Ice....
And speaking of "toys" there may be the possibility that her condoms are being used for those. But you aren't her father, oui?
 DivineBovine
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 8:22:42 PM

Come come now devine condoms take about 3 or 4 years to expire you telling me that not one guy was able to sample the goodies in all that time?

not that it's any of your business, tdh, but i had a 5-year drought while i dealt with a dying parent.

some things are more important...
 TDH49
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/19/2011 8:34:49 PM

not that it's any of your business, tdh, but i had a 5-year drought while i dealt with a dying parent.

some things are more important...
Yes some things most certainly are. My condolences on your loss.
 Flipgirl24
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:20:41 PM
Yeah the ones in my drawer expired too. There were 12 in the box when I threw them out. Just in case you were curious.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/20/2011 12:10:28 AM

That brings up a question. Does the intelligent woman carry an assortment of sizes so she's prepared for anything?

Offering him one that is way too big WOULD be somewhat of an awkward situation.

Kitten189
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/20/2011 12:36:33 AM
Geez,Op,you are just plain nosey.

So what if she had condoms in her bedroom?
What's it to you?
You're probably pissed that she hasn't used one with you!
:)
 abelian
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:37:11 AM
Offering him one that is way too big WOULD be somewhat of an awkward situation.

Maybe some marketing genius at one of the condom companies will figure out that there's a market for a discreet, purse friendly package of condoms in various sizes.

Is it just me or is this post totally sexist?

That depends. If you opened a guy's nightstand drawer and found a number of women's panties (which are the wrong size for a panty fetish and obviously not his), would you feel a little weird for a moment? If so, then it's just you.

I'm not naive, but at the same time, I haven't run across enough women who keep condoms on hand to think of it the same way I think of birth control pills when I see them, even though one would infer the same thing from either birth control pills or condoms. I'm certainly not sexist and I do think keeping condoms on hand is the intelligent thing to do for women who have sex, but seeing condoms in a woman's nightstand is not something I've seen that often in the 30 years I've been dating.
 recreator611
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:52:25 AM
Hmmmm...think shes prepared and doesnt want anything that might last her a life time....
 afashionlady
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:57:50 AM
Judgmental much? Yes...you. Yeah...you.

I gave a recently single friend of mine a new, fresh, unopened box of condoms. 12 to be exact. I told her that since she wants to be "frisky", she better be prepared. Yes I GAVE THEM TO HER. What does that make me? Or her? In fact, I made sure I put them in a cute gift bag!

I didn't look at your profile to see how old you are but if you're over 18 in this day and age and are judging (yes you are) a woman this hard, you're not just old-fashioned, you're sexist.

Oh and that whole "we've agreed to not do that" drivel? SHE decided not to bother cause she realizes that it wouldn't work...she's just letting you think that you all decided together.

Thinking it's your job to bring them is silly.

As someone else said, good thing there weren't toys in that drawer. You'd still be crying.
 TDH49
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/20/2011 5:45:17 AM
Yeah the ones in my drawer expired too. There were 12 in the box when I threw them out. Just in case you were curious.
You replace them with a fresh pack of Magnums I hope? just because the last pack went unused does not mean you shoud not be prepared in the future. Hope springs eternal.And yes in your case I most certainly was curious.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Woman that Has Condoms in Bedroom