Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lakersyr08
Msg: 112
HELP! -- Sex before Marriage: Right or Wrong?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
That is a tough call, because everyone needs sex, but if he really does love her then he should be able to wait until the day of the wedding to have sex with her. I mean sure she is not having sex with him, but she is giving him head which in her way is a compromise so he should be happy with atleast getting head, if he needs sex that bad right now then i hate to say it but maybe find a fwb or a one nighter, but I think he should hold off and wait
 gunz058
Msg: 113
view profile
History
HELP! -- Sex before Marriage: Right or Wrong?
Posted: 7/24/2011 10:31:25 AM

100% right #what if he married had reception got to the honetmoon
and she had a****

I think thats your dream...as for me I never said you shouldn't do other things besides sex.

Oh and sex is not a NEED its a WANT!!!
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/24/2011 10:53:38 AM
as for me I never said you shouldn't do other things besides sex.

So are you telling us that you think that as long as there is not vaginal penetration with a penis then it is not sex. If you are doing all the other stuff then your self richous indignation of those who are not "saving themselves" appears to be a bit hypocritical in my books.

Oh and sex is not a NEED its a WANT

Are you implying that we choose to have or not have a sex drive. Sorry to inform you but the urge to merge is biologically programmed in us and in all other species. Just because we can choose not to act upon it does not mean that we are not suppressing a need. Granted it is not the same as needing air or water or food but how many of us only satisfy the very basic needs of our existence.
 MC03458
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/24/2011 1:48:37 PM
This girl is not what you are looking for- She compromised herself and this relationship is doomed. Woman have lost their power and manipulate men rather than holding out for love.
 _shakti_
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/24/2011 3:36:44 PM
Gunz:
I never said you shouldn't do other things besides sex.
Ahh, the ol' loophole. You can still catch a sexually transmitted disease through oral sex.. wouldn't that make you 'used goods'?

But hey, the bible isn't specific on such things, so what the heck!

Oh and sex is not a NEED its a WANT!!!
As Paddy O Lantern has pointed out, our sex drive is biologically programmed into us.

And when you are in love with someone, it does feel more like a need than a want.

But maybe that's never happened to you....
 cruzer03
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/24/2011 4:02:41 PM
she's playing games already. she's a control freak. the first cross words will close those legs like a vise. he needs to find another, "honest" woman.
 Titus77
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/24/2011 4:25:08 PM
With all due respect to.others people's religion....a couple should make this choice together. That is the only factor that matters.

gunz058
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 7:03:34 PM
IF you can have some control over your sex drive and being able to say NO then you have some problems. Yes its necessary to reproduce but we aren't talking about someone here that wants to have a baby...sounds like the guy just wants to have some fun. If she doesn't want to risk getting pregnant which sounds very logical to me then she should wait to have sex. I don't get why someone thinks that reason isn't a good one.

If the guy can't respect the girl's wishes then he should move on. She can do better and the guy can find some hooker and get STDs or pay child support when she accidently pops out his kid since he wants sex so bad and can't wait.

And as much as I wish people would wait til marriage Titus77 said it best.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/24/2011 7:21:28 PM
^^^^^ They figured out what causes pregnancies now.... they even found several reliable ways of preventing it!

Of course, like a gun...its only as accurate as the person shooting it!
 gunz058
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 7:38:48 PM
jco415...Idiot I bet you know at least one or two people who had birth control or condoms fail. I know several who ended up with unplanned pregnancies due to birth control or condom failure. Its not 100%! But abstinence is!
 _shakti_
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/24/2011 8:14:42 PM
Gunz:
IF you can have some control over your sex drive and being able to say NO then you have some problems.
Freudian slip.. ? Lol..

If the guy can't respect the girl's wishes then he should move on.
I totally agree.
 Titus77
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/24/2011 10:15:09 PM
I agree above that if u cannot respect a womans request u do need to move onions.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/24/2011 10:22:33 PM

jco415...Idiot I bet you know at least one or two people who had birth control or condoms fail. I know several who ended up with unplanned pregnancies due to birth control or condom failure. Its not 100%! But abstinence is!

No, actually I don't... Like I said, it's only as effective as the people using it are responsible.

You have a LOT of issues little guy! You also seem to be an expert, in your own mind, on things you have no experience with..... sounds like someone needs to get laid! ...before you wind up on a clock tower somewhere!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:26:03 AM

I agree above that if u cannot respect a womans request u do need to move onions.

::::slaps forehead:::Of course! why didn't I think of that? Moving onions is the one thing nobody else mentioned. Problem solved.
 whytwater
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/25/2011 7:58:06 AM
^^^^^^^^^
What, really, was goin' through that boy's mind? Lol
 Kitten189
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:23:34 AM

I agree above that if u cannot respect a womans request u do need to move onions

Ive just reorganized my pantry and put my onions next to the potatoes.
Thanks for the reminder
 abelian
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:24:37 AM

I bet you know at least one or two people who had birth control or condoms fail.

Although I'll readily admit that it can happen, I don't know any personally to whom it has happened. The closest anyone I know has come to having birth control fail had it fail by being careless and user failure doesn't count. However, it can happen, just like getting struck by lightning or killed in a car accident can happen.

I know several who ended up with unplanned pregnancies due to birth control or condom failure. Its not 100%! But abstinence is!

Abstaining from ever getting into a car is 100% certain to ensure you never killed will riding in or driving a car, too. However, most people who don't live in fear of everything make conscious decisions based on odds. (Those who don't make different decisions by default, but fail to realize those decisions also have odds of different possible disasters The guy who is afraid to leave the housefor fear of getting mugged is more likely to have a heart attack from a sedentary lifestyle, for example ).

Your argument about risk of pregnancy is only relevant to people who are afraid of doing anything for fear something might go wrong. Any sensible person assesses risks, takes the proper precautions and lives the life he/she gets one chance to live. In this case, there are lots of options for preventing pregnancy.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:44:49 AM

Any sensible person assesses risks, takes the proper precautions and lives the life he/she gets one chance to live

A person choosing to not have sex ( of any way shape or form ) prior to marriage runs the risk that there will be no zippy do da in the bedroom and once both of them have become " used goods" ( in the eyes of some ) they may want to look elsewhere for a satisfactory love life.

I wonder if you compare the statistics of those who had sex prior to marriage to those that didn't if you would find a significantly different percentage of couples who stayed happily married. The reality of it is that if people don't do things for fear of risk of failure then marriage is not a good bet.
 jjurgy4you
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:31:14 AM
Their going to get married never having had SEX and he will leave her. If she really loves the guy they will see what each other is like before marriage... Hell, she might not like him in bed.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:51:19 AM

Thanks for the reminder

This is making me check all the expiration dates on my unused goods as well. Who knew sex outside of marriage could motivate me in this way?!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:01:49 PM
No, having sex before marriage is not wrong, but, just like eating chicken, it can be wrong to one's culture.

Is he right or wrong to continue the relationship if he's thinking about sex with another woman more and more

If she won't round 2nd base with him, and it's been a good while, of course he's going to think about having sex, and not necessarily with her face in that imagination, because she's a prude (not exactly a turn-on).

But, if he's already engaged, I don't see why he has SUCH a problem waiting it out for just another 6 months.

[Is masturbating being unfaithful?]

No.

Would he be wrong if he simply satisfied his need elsewhere?

Yes, unless he got a 100% honest verification by her for him to do so (which isn't the case). It would be understandable, but that in no way by itself changes the aspect of something being right or wrong. He's getting married to someone he hasn't even rounded 2nd base with. That's the root of the problem.

If he did it would it mean he is unfaithful and therefore not really in love?

Of course if he did it he'd be unfaithful. Being unfaithful, by itself, doesn't mean one's not in love really... no more than them really wanting to and them not (being able to be?) carrying it out. One really wanting to does mean there's a lack of love vs not wanting to... but if you're not even coming close to "making love" with someone -- shouldn't that be the concern when you're even thinking of ring shopping?
 whytwater
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:29:39 PM

Ya know, this site is actually more fun when I DON"T wearing the reading glasses- I thought, with my all "natural" vision, that you were reporting the reorganizing of your knickers, and my imagination was all aflame with what double meanings I could ascribe to the onion/potatoes "code" words. Don't get me wrong, not Mr. Magoo by a long shot, or Harry Palmer either, and can still spot a tweaked nipple at twenty yards, lol, but my view of this pof world, without props, is slightly askew.

This is making me check all the expiration dates on my unused goods as well.

Our philosophies differ- I read those as "sell by" dates, not "trash-time" deadlines. lol Anyway, at this point, I don't have many unused things left. Underused, certainly, but they're all goin' to the grave with me. !

Who knew sex outside of marriage could motivate me in this way?

Try reading between the lines, apply poetic license liberally. It vastly improves the flavor of most of the posts. lol
 abelian
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/25/2011 2:42:15 PM

What, really, was goin' through that boy's mind? Lol

The wind going in one ear and out the other.
 Kitten189
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:38:16 PM

The wind going in one ear and out the other

Well,now *I* am the one who must need glasses coz i read that as 'wine'

Now,Yew.......the only "unused goods" is if you're a VIRGIN
 abelian
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/26/2011 4:46:28 AM

Once you open te box, you have to rotate the contents every so often to keep them fresh.

Who knew sex outside of marriage could motivate me in this way?!

Those of us who were single a long time before getting hitched.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >