Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 231
What do women want?Page 10 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Ahhhh, well let me slightly amend the ad, since it lacked definitely lacked some clairty, and was somewhat misleading and vague.

The lady responders were fun, but no cigar for various reasons.

To clear up Cheezy's thing, sex would be one way(hers) lacking certain things, but I'm sure satifactory and she misses the mark as to young.

Miki, sorry to say in the range, but not the geography.

He can satisfy a woman, in other ways and would be pleased to. Limited geography, due to constraints.

But hey thanks for playing.

edit to add: oooh, due to the unique situation, I guess he would accept a surrogate, given it's a situation of indeterminable length.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 232
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 5:19:14 PM

Here's an ad for a woman, you can't really post! Wanted a good looking woman, age appropriate, no sex, just fun and a really good time. Lots of dates, concerts, dinner and dancing, vacations, all expenses paid, only requirement is no emotional envolvement.

Sweet, for sure ~ but "of interest" to most women? Highly doubtful. Like it or not, women are just as sexual as men. This type of a-sexual "advertisement" will likely not net this person someone that's more than friend status. (And for me personally? I'd wonder what his sexual dysfunction is. I don't know ONE man my age, or age appropriate for me that doesn't want to have sex with the women he's romantically involved in. Maybe he should state "NO ROMANCE, strictly platonic." because that's what he is stating here.)

This is a genuine need and ad, for someone I know. The guy is fairly good looking, generous, kind and fun, a real people person, with varied interests and intelligent.

There are wonderful traits ~ not necessarily "long term romantic partner" material, however.

Now the question is how is he supposed to find her?

Just like the rest of us have found or been found. He looks high, low and in-between. Often times an exhaustive and relentless effort. Frustrating and disappointing and often times fruitless. But he keeps searching anyway.

Is this what a woman would want?

This isn't what this woman would want.

Is this what a woman would even consider?

No. Even when single, I would not have considered a platonic long term partner. I wanted fire, passion, great sex, love, respect, etc., etc., etc. I guess I wanted it all ~ and I'd not have been the least bit interested in someone who didn't have sex on the brain. There may be women out there who feel differently ~ but I'd guess they'd be hard to locate if they are being 100% honest. Men don't hold all the cards on sex......women want it too, just not as ready to discuss or admit it publicly. JMO
 OyVay...
Msg: 233
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 5:40:15 PM
Well there VGE, I will waste my 3rd post in 10 to address a more detailed post by you.

"but of interest to most women? Higly doubtful."

EXACTLY!!! What's needed here is an uncaring, fun, b1tch of a woman! You can never find one when you need one.

"~not necessarily long term romantic partner material, however."

BINGO!! emphasis on "long term romantic" not needed

"I would not have considered a platonic long term partner."

See here in lies the rub, While intimacy, albeit one sided, would not be the problem, possibly even passion, "great sex, love" would be out of the question. While we're at it let's scratch "long term" from the equation.

Again the issues are daunting, whats needed s I said is an uncaring, fairly attractive, age appropriate b1tch, who cares only for herself. Much as the men of POF, labor on day after day, year after year about the wealth and number of them, there's never one there when you need one! Certainly a puzzlement.

Oh and before I get a wealth of "OH C'mon this has to be a joke" I'm quite sincere, the need is real, the guy is real, the situation is real.

This maybe the point where you ladies get to put your heads together and really make an unusual match. Something where the gal has a he11 of a good time, for a while, treated well, she just has to not give a sh1t about the guy!
 CheezyChick
Msg: 234
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 6:10:44 PM
Personally I think the only person an uncaring selfish bytch could possibly satisfy, is another uncaring selfish bytch. They could both live happily ever after in their self absorbed stupor....

As far as what women want...a cheap bottle of tequila will do...
 gentleplus
Msg: 235
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 7:23:51 PM
OyVay .... your ad exactly describes my ex-wife to a tee.... It would be an honor to assist in their hook up together... but she is only average in looks....LOL
 OyVay...
Msg: 236
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 7:38:12 PM
Well gentleplus, your way out in front!

Annastasia profile and note seems great! She is age appropriate, seems a lot of fun, small problem, at the end will he still require a "pulse"? other than that great!

As for gentleplus, bring it on!

I've had a consultation, let's throw in some goody's, trip to NY, cruise in the fall to the Caribbean, possibly (time permiting) Europe London, Paris and Venice, finally an exciting trip to New Orleans, with Olympia Marching band Parade, sorry here attendance of woman alone.

So keep those cards and letter comin.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 237
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 6:32:08 AM
A man who looks like Matthew McConaughey, sings like Barry White, is as smart as Bill Gates, as rich as Donald Trump, who likes to sweep, vacume, cook, clean, do laundry and iron, all while naked and telling me how beautiful I am ...A man who looks like Matthew McConaughey, sings like Barry White, is as smart as Bill Gates, as rich as Donald Trump, who likes to sweep, vacume, cook, clean, do laundry and iron, all while naked and telling me how beautiful I am ...dminjb

I want what ever she's having. But add a side of loves to shop and dresses like a model off the cover of GQ. AND read a book in the last month.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 238
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 7:49:06 AM
I personally don't agree with part of your profile, I personally like to wrestle now and then maybe not for the dinner check, but just because. You can and did just post that ad. Now you will get results that you may not like.

Unfortunately, most women are emotionally attached to the men they date for any length of time, but, maybe there is a way that someone can do a study and let us know how long it takes before we do become emotionally attached, then we can stop seeing the man a day or so shy of that time and thus, we can just walk away and not be attached. I think the government or someone else with tons of money should do a study like that, I would gladly be one of the guinea pigs for it.

I think about that when I hear one of my friends tell me that she had been dating a guy for a while (not sure how long, since I don't write down the start date) and then he dumps her and I get the phone call late at night and listen to her go on and on about how she thought he was IT. If I knew the dating "code date " for attachment I could have warned her before that she should be careful when getting close to that time. Like the dates that are stamped on perishable items, the date of "emotional no return". I am sure some college somewhere could do the actual study.
But, good luck Oy, it is a hard task you have for your friend. Btw, your photo is nice.
Cheers.
Kat
 MsMicki
Msg: 239
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:16:29 AM

EXACTLY!!! What's needed here is an uncaring, fun, b1tch of a woman! You can never find one when you need one.

I don't understand why you say this.......if this man is only looking for a friend to do activities with.....the woman is free to have romance and sex with someone else.
He'd be nothing more than a "girlfriend"!!
BTW.....just because a woman doesn't want a long term romantic relationship doesn't mean she is "uncaring or a b!tch".....it just means this isn't a good time in her life to devout to romance. But it doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy movies, dinners and fun with a man friend.
 Tim0066
Msg: 240
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:34:51 AM
Amazing how many replies there are for this in just a week

Which goes to show the answer can be almost anything...

As many have said, they are all different... I'll add to that, what women want changes like the wind since they don't even know what they want but they know it when they find it, hopefully you can adapt and change as their desires change so you stay together.

Stop trying to "be" what you think they want... when you find the right girl it will all just happen. Be you and when the right girl finds you she'll let you know you're what she wants. Its not just about what "they" want its about two people meeting who want each other... there are many who want you and you don't want them and many you want but don't want you, those are the ones you should just be friends with.

Don't try to be something you might not naturally be, or change into someone you just naturally aren't just to meet some made up idea of what a certain woman wants.

Its not really something you can put in writing or list of things to be. I guess you could say they don't want anything at all. (besides the obvious things we all want.)

To sum it up... they want to be treated like your friend, a good friend. Simple as that.

My opinion, for what little its worth. Keep in mind 99% of the people who are answering your post are SINGLE!... you're asking us what women want? if we ONLY knew! (and the girls answering are single too... so they haven't found what they want either lol)
 OyVay...
Msg: 241
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:41:12 AM
OK, I will drop this now, obviuosly for want of a better explanation, I have insulted some or was not able to clearly define the scenario will enough. There are some things, I must leave vague. He will seek his answer elsewhere.

Onto a few points of clarification.

Ahhh As for sumoore, while I can see your list having merits, it also has some errors. While some will agree with McConaughey, many others may prefer say Clooney,Damon, Pitt, Decaprio or for the more mature Sean Connery, taste is subjective after all.

No one I think, can argue with Barry, well at least not from my POV, though I'm sure there would be other entries, As for Gates, I think organized is a better word, for smarts I'd choose Steve Jobs. Now onto rich, Trump is I'm afaraid is not exactly what you believe. I can verify that personally. He went belly up several times, is cross colateralized up the kazoo, and won't even give a peek at his true financial picture to run for president. No here you maybe better to go with Zuckerberg (FB founder), and any number of others who are truly liquid in terms of wealth. Besides, do you really want that hair flapping in your face while you try and kiss him?

As for b1tch, I truly apologize for the word in connection with dating, it was merely meant to discribe a sort of mindset, NOT a personality or character flaw. A man wanting a somewhat close relationship, with limited sexual ability, physical contact, interesting dialogue and some other bells and whistles, but having the woman enjoy it, while maintaining no feelings towards him, is obviously too tall an order. So let's let it go and move back to our regularly scheduled rant, sans this discussion.
 dandylionet
Msg: 242
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 12:28:41 PM
Tell me what men want ! Because honestely I can't figure men out , especially men my age , I do know what they want or so it seems , they want to call you when they get time , go someplace when they get time , someone to cook and clean ,and still look 25 , even though they haven't looked in a mirrow lately ! Its the real world , all I want is real no fantasy land stuff !
 cribplayer55
Msg: 243
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 1:10:46 PM
well I have to say I'm a gr8 hard working goal oriented guy that knows what he wants.

All the women on this site dont have the balls to message you back half off the time what is the point of having the account then?>

Womens profile reads headline funny , kind, caring honest blah blah blah guy wanted and then you send them a message with similiar interests, and they dont reply at least let us know your not interested so we dont have to keep messaging you!!

pointoffact
Msg: 244
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 1:33:17 PM

You have some issues, it is clear. So, (pulling up a chair) how long have you had this hatred for your mother? Okay, okay, so she beat you with a switch and made you eat soap as a child, but, that is probably one of the reasons you have trouble finding women who want to date you.
By the way, men are not BBW, that stands for Big Beautiful Women, not men, unless you happen to be a drag queen, so maybe that is the correct description???? hmmmm (writing this down). So, you do not show your face on your profile, hmmmm, must be something wrong with it, maybe it is that twitch you get when you think of women, no, not all women are mean and hurtful.
Women won the right to vote a long time ago, watch "Iron Angels" sometime and maybe you will discover just how we have been fighting hard to be equal. But, that will never happen, since men cannot get pregnant and give birth, so we women will just have to stay where we are, superior in that knowledge that we can endure more pain and for a longer period of time than men can. We have tried in vain to be more like men, alas and alack, we cannot help you to come up to our level. More's the pity.
Cheers!!!!!!!! BTW, this psychological session was free to you, you seemed to need it so badly.

and this month's Psycho**** Of The Month award goes to....

how many cats do you own
 OyVay...
Msg: 245
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 1:54:36 PM
Woah!!! Look out, we have another unsatisfied customer.

I wish some of you would stumble over to profile review, and stop thinking me, me, me! As I said I agree aspects of online dating is broken, but some things you can fix yourself,before you lambaste the place.

Cribplayer, no offense, but you gotta make some changes, your bait ain't gonna work. Now before you go off the wall on your profile, contain your anger to the forums.

First change up the pics, lose the sling, smile and look normal(not that kind of normal, just a more natural setting, not posing)

Next if a woman was thinking about you, your interests seem a little narrow. Your first date thoughts maybe fun for a 16 year old, but arcades are something for a fun date, AFTER you get her interested.

You gotta play to her interests, what does she want, what does she want to do, why should she date you, whats romantic about you?

Not a diatribe of I like, I do, I can, I will, I want, me, me, me.

Gotta be a two way street for her to think she will have her interests met as well.

Get it?
 waterloosunset
Msg: 246
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 2:29:00 PM
Women want a chocolate penis that ejaculates money.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 248
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 2:55:34 PM

Here's an ad for a woman, you can't really post! Wanted a good looking woman, age appropriate, no sex, just fun and a really good time. Lots of dates, concerts, dinner and dancing, vacations, all expenses paid, only requirement is no emotional involvement.

From what I've read here, POF is overflowing with women who'll go on dates to many different places with men they have no interest in dating or sleeping with - it's usually written in the form of a complaint, though. Stuff like "cold" and "unemotional" are typically mentioned in these posts. I'm surprised this is something that anyone is having a hard time finding.

OT - most women I know and hang out with want a man who she's attracted to and vice-versa who's OK with her having a life, and willing not to totally take care of her (because that requires her to have no say in things), but just take care of himself and join her in building something as part of a team. You'd think financial and emotional self-sufficiency wouldn't be a tough thing to ask of a person. Hmmm.
 kari135
Msg: 249
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 3:06:19 PM

...You'd think financial and emotional self-sufficiency wouldn't be a tough thing to ask of a person. Hmmm.

Apparently it is. On another site I made a comment about not wanting to be 'taken care of' and expecting a potential a potential SO to be willing and able to live within his own income. I got labeled by the site as "ambitious and materialistic" and considering my age, I thought it was pretty funny.

Learn something new every day!
 sensualseekerns
Msg: 250
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 3:14:05 PM
A common theme I see in this thread and others is that women want to be accepted for what they want, but what men want really doesn't matter. Typical of the modern mindset.

Personally I think the only person an uncaring selfish bytch could possibly satisfy, is another uncaring selfish bytch. They could both live happily ever after in their self absorbed stupor....

And that is what is happening....a lot. These people can only put up with each other for any extended period of time. Ruled by anger, they hate men and the world, and fight like all selfish people fight.

No happiness in that equation.
 OyVay...
Msg: 251
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 3:59:28 PM
Ah WIP, missed your witty retorts, always a woman who speaks her mind and has common sense.

"POF is overflowing with women who'll go on dates to many blah blah bah" sorry to lazy to type out the rest. "Stuff like "cold" and "unemotional" are typically mentioned"

Yeah read that too, hate to tell you and them, not so much, as they think. MUCH harder to find than you think. Not hard time, more like impossible. Guess I need to go look for the piranha end of the pond.
 kari135
Msg: 252
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 4:08:03 PM

A common theme I see in this thread and others is that women want to be accepted for what they want, but what men want really doesn't matter. Typical of the modern mindset.

Not true. In a previous version of my profile - before I hid it - I made it very clear that I was not interested in being converted to anyone else's choice of religion, or in voting the way they dictated. I have from the beginning also made it clear that I cannot drive anywhere to meet anyone, because of my impaired vision. It's not what I want that's important, it's just who I am. I also do animal rescue, and have for over 40 years.

Guess who contacted me the most often? Those who wanted to convert me, those who wanted me to follow their lead in politics, and those who got snarky when I refused to meet them at a point 50 miles away. And that doesn't count all the ones who said I'd have to get rid of my critters! In fact, one man on another site - a man I'd never been in any kind of contact with - invited me to move into his condo - I really wish I'd asked him where he thought 4 dogs, a c-oc-katoo and a horse would fit!

Men are entitled to want what they want, no doubt about that. But they aren't entitled to tell me I have to change my entire lifestyle to suit them.
 friendsfirst59
Msg: 253
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 10:09:44 PM
Dear DMINJB,

Too bad I am not in Florida..I just got stopped for third time this week being confused with Matthew McConaughey...I am fairly smart..have a few bucks but not as much as the Donald who I met a couple times..I have been asked to sing SOLO at times..check that..So Low that I can't be heard...I can cook with the best of them..sweep and clean with the rest of them...Your photos are beautiful...couldn't do housework and look at you while doing housework..unless I wanted to look like a compass pointing northward...
 RazaMixta
Msg: 254
What do women want?
Posted: 7/31/2011 10:24:58 PM
OUCH! This I have to see:

Women want a chocolate penis that ejaculates money.

A man, not a boy.
Someone who can admit when they're wrong, someone who is affectionate.. and someone who can take care of themselves and a family one day :o)

This I have to see too, especially the admit being wrong part.

ยทยทยท Thinking ....

Would the two above in one be too much to ask?

RazaBittaMixta.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 255
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/1/2011 3:31:36 AM
Pointof
That was specific to one person, and for the record, I have one cat who thinks he is a dog and four dogs, the cat is here just for his prowess in the mouse department. I stay on the point that I made that you nicely boxed up for me.

I transport dogs and cats for rescue groups who get them from people who
don't want fluffy or fido any more because of whatever reason, mostly being they are not spayed and neutered and oh, look, they bred and now we have more kitties or puppies than we can handle so let's dump them.
Most of my fur roommates are rescues. They now have a home with me and I get tons of laughter and wagging tails.

I always wonder why someone does not have their photo on their profile, hiding from view.
I am now going back to the conversation. buhbye.

MUVUNON
Msg: 256
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/1/2011 6:06:46 AM
sooooo, you'r looking for a gay guy
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >