/ Free Dating, Singles and Personals
Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 282
What do women want?Page 12 of 1    
KAT4, sorry slipped finger, yes by all means add the "n"!

Let's take a few of these posts, and see if we an have some fun!

KAT, let's take that age range to begin with. Age ranges always amuse me! I often wonder what goes through the head of those who post them, especially after perusing the profile and pics!

In this case no pic, so we will have to forgo that. He I believe is 45. So he is willing to go up 8 and down 23, wow generous fellow! Now I might be wrong, but I'd willing to wager, you better be A+ to be among the women he would date in those 8 up years. As for down, 21 years old really? I'm sure he shares many interests and the stamina such a woman would require. Now hold on there big boy! I ain't talkin sex here, just the lifestyle, jogging 5 miles, surfing, skiing, hiking and all that goes with it!

But to be fair and honest, I have seen women who will go up 2 years and down 15 or 20. So they too share a lot of commonalities as well. By the way, having been on multiple sites, I can tell you on some of them the number of women seeking a 20 year younger men far outnumbers the men seeking the same in a woman.

Funny it always reminds me of that "When Harry Met Sally" joke, he asks her where were you when Kennedy was shot? She retorts Ted Kennedy was shot? At least that was the jist of it.

As for becoming our fathers and mothers where music is concerned. I think this relates to a misplaced sense of nostalgia, or maybe a bad DJ, I don't know. Music is subjective, important to some, noise to others. My own taste varies with my mood. I can do Bach or Brahms, I can do Big Band, I like Sinatra, heck I like Elvis and Jackie Wilson, I can do doo-wop, love Janis and Hendrix, especially love Joan Jett and Pink Floyd. I can even handle Rap, depending on how good it is, props to Biggie and 2 pac, my fav is Gangsta Paradise! I even love goth Evanescence, Amy has a fabulous voice.

So it depends on the person, the audience and the person DJing.

As to another post, love the list, makes me all warm and fuzzy!

1. Provider=maybe that's right, provide love, care and tenderness, sorry not everybody is looking for a free ride.
2.Steady Job= covered this on another thread, sorry to say, things like dates, rent, utilities, food, cars, furniture all cost dough. I haven't been able to find someone who just gives it away, but if I do, I'll get back to you.
3.Tall= sorry can't seem to get away from this one. Most women want a guy taller than they are. Maybe it's the DNA for the preservation of the species, maybe it's just the high heels.
4.Handsome= well put simply "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", some will take less, some only want more, to quote Frank, "That's Life"!
5. Hair= 2 thoughts here, first tell that to Michael Jordan or Telly Sevalis in his day. Second do you really want a combover ala Trump? Do the best you can with what Gid gave you.
6.Teeth= hmmmm, well unless your gonna gum your food or have a diet of oatmeal, they are necessary. If your teeth look like something out of "the night of the living dead" dentists have payment plans for that. Sometimes you'd think people would want to look their best and smell their best(breath wise). So be wise take care of it.
7. Man with bank account= ahh See #3, and some of #6. It does come in handy to pay the rent, the grocer, the gas company..oh you get the idea.
8.Man will be the father of her kids= well if you have them together, of course! If she had them going in, they have a father, you might want to consider a male role model. Let her parent her child, it's not your responsibility, worse differing parenting styles cause trouble.
9.Man with his own house= not always, I've known the odd woman who would accept a rented apartment! Certainly not that frig box under the overpass.
10. Man that will do what she says= no that would be a doormat, not my style, but I'm always open to compromise.
11.Man that will go shopping with her=truly a tough one. Is it for lingerie, high heels or sexy dresses...he11 even tight fitting jeans..I'm in!!! To wander the mall endlessly in and out of every shop..ah no! There usually is a sports bar or something of interest to me, I go there, if it's gonna be longer than 2 hours, I'm out!
12.Man that will fruit up the house and let go of his bachelor stuff= yeah can understand why you wouldn't want to lose that talking fish on the wall, your bar built by gluing old budweiser cans together, your wall poster of the latest movie hottie, the mismatched dishes, the old keg you cut the top off of to use as a hamper for your dirty clothes. Face it pal, women have pretty good taste when it comes to the home. Most will even let you keep some things they share in common or see is important to you...within reason (see my earlier list for what's not within reason)

Whew!!! The end of the line, "women don't really know what they want" or something like that from one poster! In part your right, I'll take myself for an example. When I go shopping, I'm the model of efficency. If it's the mall, I go in, go directly to the item I want, pay for it and leave. If it's the grocery store, I work the aisles like a fiend, know where every item I want is, follow a list and am in and out, in 20 minutes.

Women's brains are mosty wired differently, they wander in and out, compare take their time, try to figure out is this what I really want. Try on one and then another. They may go in to buy shoes and leave with a blouse. So no, they don't always know what they want...but hope it's you and just keep dating.
 werewolf469
Msg: 283
What do women want?
Posted: 8/7/2011 12:21:26 PM
What Do Women Want?.....i don't know go ask Mel Gibson...he was in the movie after all!
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 284
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/7/2011 12:55:20 PM
Mel Gibson wants drugs to control his outbursts and abusive tendencies....oh, no that was what HIS WIFE wanted for him.....LOL
 matchlight
Msg: 285
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:53:06 PM
^^^^^Sookie? I think there are two sides to that. A girl who's dating a guy has to give him good enough reasons to stay around, if that's what she wants. And vice versa--the guy has to do the same.
 Truth09
Msg: 286
What do women want?
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:31:33 AM
A 9 inch****d wrapped in $100 bills.
 kari135
Msg: 287
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/20/2011 9:03:46 AM
How about warm with a pulse, still breathing, doesn't think I'm an idiot because my life experience hasn't been his?

Oh, yeah... same generation, too.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 288
What do women want?
Posted: 8/20/2011 2:40:06 PM

What do women want?

A chili cheese dog with onions and mustard.....and a frosty brewskie!
 a.g-
Msg: 289
What do women want?
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:30:55 AM
why can't we go back to how it was originally

where a woman would just want a guy who could provide her and the children with food and safety
 cotter
Msg: 290
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/21/2011 10:05:59 AM

A 9 inch****d wrapped in $100 bills.
Oh ya ... that's every woman's dream!

why can't we go back to how it was originally ...
How was it originally?

... where a woman would just want a guy who could provide her and the children with food and safety
As I was coming of age, our able-bodied men were being shipped off to Southeast Asia to be maimed and mutilated ... and poisoned (with defoliating chemicals) ... and so we women really had no choice but to provide for ourselves and our families ... whether we wanted to or not.

If a man wants to know what a woman wants ... why not just ask her?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 291
What do women want?
Posted: 8/21/2011 1:28:57 PM
"who likes to sweep, vacume, cook, clean, do laundry and iron, all while naked and telling me how beautiful I am ..."

I can do this much at least. I also garden, hand make personal gifts, make killer cheesecakes, and try and perform at least one romantic gesture a day.
 cotter
Msg: 292
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 8/21/2011 3:12:20 PM
^^^^^
I also garden, hand make personal gifts, make killer cheesecakes, and try and perform at least one romantic gesture a day.

Blade ... can you fix things? I enjoy doing DIY projects, so for me ... a smart guy who can fix things is at the top of my list. LMAO ...are you willing to be that naked plumber or naked handyman?

In addition to being able to fix just about anything, my SO can dance ... which is something I do and gives my life meaning. But then I've been dancing for over 40 years ... so naturally it's something I want.

It makes sense that people want partners who will be able to participate in past times with them ... or hobbies.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 293
What do women want?
Posted: 8/21/2011 8:24:44 PM

Blade ... can you fix things? I enjoy doing DIY projects, so for me ... a smart guy who can fix things is at the top of my list. LMAO ...are you willing to be that naked plumber or naked handyman?

In addition to being able to fix just about anything, my SO can dance ... which is something I do and gives my life meaning. But then I've been dancing for over 40 years ... so naturally it's something I want.

It makes sense that people want partners who will be able to participate in past times with them ... or hobbies.

Yes, yes I can. And considering I learned how to make Longbows jsut by reading how to, if I don't know HOW to fix it, I know enough to know where to go to learn how. Smart enuf to know what I don't know, I is.

Isn't a naked plumber kind of a given? They tend to expose enough to qualify as naked. Naked handyman? Just don't ask me to drive nails with my johnson!

Me, I love to dance. When I ran a bar, part of my oh so difficult "duty" was dancing with the wives while their husbands lost themselves in watching games on tv. Go figure. Never understood the idea of getting you and your lady all dressed up to go stare at a TV and ignore her. No, I never acted on the several rather blatent invitations I got. Unfortunately, since I had my right side crushed (2 broken ribs, lung punctured in two places, and a shattered right hip requiring plates and screws)in 2005, I can't dance as much as I used to, but I'm still good for a couple songs before needing a break.
 gentleplus
Msg: 294
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 9/8/2011 2:01:58 PM
Is there any more ladies willing to tell all????? Hmmmmm??
 jj.wills
Msg: 295
What do women want?
Posted: 11/20/2011 10:34:30 AM
The exact details depend on her age and stage in life.

But basically a woman wants/needs to be cherished, admired for the beauty of her soul and her strength.
Also to be given the time and space to flourish and express such beauty.

I think a soulmate would have not trouble doing just that. Nothing forced, nothing to figure out.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 296
What do women want?
Posted: 11/20/2011 11:00:06 AM

why can't we go back to how it was originally

where a woman would just want a guy who could provide her and the children with food and safety

How 1957. Because women now can provide for herself and her children way more easily than in those days. They may not have had attraction to the guy - and it wasn't a priority (but it was a bonus if it happened to be included). Women were generally too worried about stability to be paying attention to attraction, as most didn't work more than part time if at all.

So you'd rather work 80 hours a week and come home to a housewife who's happier when you're at work cause while you can provide, she's not that interested in seeing you naked? I always thought guys were happy to get away from this sort of situation.

If you're a guy who provides a woman and her kids with money and food, then any guy who can come along and provide more than you is valid competition. Why do you find that situation better?

Bummer, now she has to like how you look and you have to be socially fluent to be chosen - you can't just phone it in with a portfolio and good family history. What a drag.

Is there any more ladies willing to tell all????? Hmmmmm??

I want good health. I want a great support system of friends and family. I want to be able to work and pay my bills. I want to finish school, and land a job that pays more. I want to move and buy a condo. I want 2 dogs. I want to laugh. I want chocolate cake but I want to keep my six pack (now there's a dilemma). So far that's all I got.
 Bishopboat
Msg: 297
What do women want?
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:37:38 PM
To answer this question a woman would have to know what she wanted... The problem is that women do not know what they want. Therefore the question cannot be answered, you're an old man... Sorry to say it man, but you have about a 60/40% chanse of being alone the rest of your life... Being a man sucks.
 Fleuron
Msg: 298
What do women want?
Posted: 11/20/2011 1:26:01 PM

The problem is that women do not know what they want.

Maybe you just weren't listening.

Lots of women know what we want. Some guys just have a hard time accepting that what we want isn't them.
 grizzelda
Msg: 299
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 11/21/2011 6:05:59 AM

Maybe you just weren't listening.

Lots of women know what we want. Some guys just have a hard time accepting that what we want isn't them.

I think they are listening, they just cant or don't want to believe that we could possibly want what is different than what they want. Frankly I am amazed at how proud a lot of men are of their "simplicity", its like a badge of honor to want to just get by, that their main goal is to get a case of beer and watch the game is something to be proud of. SO when a woman isnt interested in their beer swilling, game watching, just getting by, simple personality, it must be because we are crazy, dont know what we want.....
 4ms4me
Msg: 300
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 11/21/2011 8:32:33 AM
Wrong. I want the chocolate, just the chocolate.
 Fleuron
Msg: 302
What do women want?
Posted: 11/21/2011 10:22:41 AM
SO when a woman isnt interested in their beer swilling, game watching, just getting by, simple personality, it must be because we are crazy, dont know what we want.....

This could very well be.

Seems like a lot of trouble for them to go through to arrive at that conclusion. That kind of logic may require a few more brain cells than they can spare.

Plus they expect us to be insatiable scantily clad vixens who crave uninhibited sex with their out of shape, unbathed, drunk ass pasty bodies.

Oh man, I grossed myself out.

I want the chocolate, just the chocolate.

nipoleon
Msg: 303
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 11/22/2011 10:28:39 AM
One day, King Arthur happened upon a Mystical Knight in the forest.
The knight challenged Arthur to answer a single question or else he would surly die.
Arthur accepted the challenged and asked the knight,"What is your question" ?
The knight asked , " What does every woman want " ?
Arthur replied, " Her own way ".
And Arthur's life was spared.
 matchlight
Msg: 304
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 11/22/2011 11:03:12 AM

That kind of logic may require a few more brain cells than they can spare. Plus they expect us to be insatiable scantily clad vixens who crave uninhibited sex with their out of shape, unbathed, drunk ass pasty bodies.

I'm not sure how smart most of the women I see at my gym are, or what their bathing or drinking habits or libidos are like. But the shape that some of them are in, they might want to think twice about being scantily clad.
 OyVay...
Msg: 305
What do women want?
Posted: 11/22/2011 3:24:17 PM
Ya know, I forgot about all the fun I had with this thread. I thought about the discussions, opinions, debates, rantings, the insane and inane. I stopped by and reread the whole thing over.

One comment struck me, why don't you guys go and start you own thread. Then we wouldn't have had this great 15 page discourse of opinions and insanity. But it did cause me to reflect upon one thing.

It really doesn't matter what women want. Certainly no more so than what men do.

In the end, despite what women want, most men will be who they are. Some will have looks, some will have wit, some will have that 9 inch..., others will have attributes and drawbacks aplenty. It really isn't whether you are who "they" want, it's whether your the one that certain "she" wants.

So in the end, while it will not provide that roseta stone of decifering women and their desires, as a group, it should give you pause, to reflect upon who you are as a man.

Go back, re read your profile, take a look at your pictures, try and imagine that your seeing it through the eyes of women, seeking a guy for more than a fling. Forget what it is that she is thinking as she reads it. If you are not the guy she seeks, you can't tailor it to be some form of yourself, or imagined person you'd like to be, it just has to be you, as you really are.

Remember this is but a tool, to try and get yourself seen, write some emails, answer some as well. But never own the negative or poor opinions of you. Just be who you are and hopefully, if your real, that you are a good person, with something to offer a member of the opposite sex. Fix the mistakes, the boasts, the lies just be the real you.

Don't worry if that is not what they want. If you are real, treat them with respect, show them a good time when dating, if that ain't enough, it's their loss and not yours.

If after a certain amount of time, leave try things IRL. Know that you did your best and sooner or later, here or IRL, some woman will find you more than enough for her.

All the rest is noise and bullsh1t!
 Fleuron
Msg: 306
What do women want?
Posted: 11/22/2011 6:34:49 PM

they might want to think twice about being scantily clad

You want a scantily clad vixen, you’re not foolin me.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 307
What do women want?
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:11:39 PM
OyVay, very well written.

IMO, 'perfection' is being the best you know how to be at this time and under these circumstances.

Do that, and do your best to keep learning and maturing, while keeping a healthy attitude and living a healthy lifestyle ... and that is all you can ask of yourself. If a prospective mate seeks more than that, (s)he does not deserve you.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >