Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AGuyWithPants
Msg: 128
What do women want?Page 6 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
A woman wants you to make her feel good. Start there and the rest should follow.
 ilovetodance1234
Msg: 129
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:08:07 AM
AGuyWithPants: You said it in a nutshell. Same goes for women make him feel good and the rest should follow. It really is a no brainer.
 JD4Real29
Msg: 130
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:32:12 AM
Rancloff wrote:

What I am saying is that most of us are not born looking like Brad Pitt.

Rancloff, I find you far more attractive than Brad Pitt.

Get over the stereotyping of what women find attractive in men.
 ladyc4
Msg: 131
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:35:41 AM

believe men viewed the change negatively at first, then decided independence=equality.

What women sought was equality in the workplace, marketplace and on the campus. Most of them did not then,and do not want now,to oppress men, to victimize men, to "get even" with men. They did not want to be FORCED into independence, they wanted some range of CHOICE. Many women used to marry because they didn't want to live out their lives under their parents' roofs, where it sometimes became a case of her being little better than an unpaid servant. Women wanted access to things like voting and politics, to own property in their own right, and to have the OPTION to study/train for a career or occupation that paid a living wage, so that she had more choices than marriage or being a perpetual unpaid family servant.
What SOME men seem to have decided, is to subvert their resentment of womens' access to equal economic opportunity into an expectation that "equality" meant "access to a river of obligation-free p*ssy"-that they could f*ck their little hearts out, and because of 'equality', women would have to deal with all practical and financial responsibilities that might arise from this happy f*ckfest.
Or,even better, a man could marry, but because of equality, his wife could work to pay the bills and care for the children, while he spent HIS free time and his money on what he damn well pleased...because "equality" means that women get to deal with all the practical and financial ramifications of marriage. Which is interesting, because under "the way it used to be"...for the most part, women were not lounging around spending their husbands money on luxuries while HE struggled to both provide the funds AND care for the home and the children.
Ideally, how it's supposed to work, is that the man and the woman work as a team, both bringing in money from paid employment ,on distributing that money appropriately,and BOTH looking after the home and the children.
As far as women going hog wild on sex...yes, reliable and accessible birth control methods did allow women to enjoy sex with much less concern about having to deal with permanent repercussions-aka "kids",unless/until she WANTED children, and that was generally STILL within the framework of a stable relationship. But I don't think that the majority of women became "hit'n'run" artists who had sex with a guy once or twice and then dumped him or "disappeared". Some men, I believe, try to claim this "sexually liberated womens' behavior"(which was never as prevalent as they imply),as justification for their OWN "hit'n'run, one and done" behavior.
Cindy O
 Rancloff
Msg: 132
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:23:06 PM
JD4real29,
I am not stereotyping women. Brad Pitt is considered to be a very attractive man. Many women, and the magazines and television programs they watch have expressed this. That doesn't mean that every woman finds Brad Pitt attractive. I was merely using him as an example. Some people (men and women) are naturally beautiful people (physically speaking). For them, it is easy to get the attention of the opposite sex. For other people it takes a little more work. Yes, who you are is more important at the end of the day than how you look, but understand, by looking good you have more opportunities to get to know prospective mates and let them know who you are.
If you look so bad that no one will even respond to your messages then it doesn't matter how great a person you are. You never get the chance to show it.
Looks and sex appeal are a important factors when seeking potential mates.
Look at it this way, Gerard Butler is not a particularly handsome man. Not in the classical sense. Not his fault, he wasn't born a male model. Yet, go rent a copy of the 300 and see him as King Leonitus and tell me you don't find him more attractive than he was in previous movies.
 OyVay...
Msg: 133
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:36:00 PM
Hey pal, while I agree, many women want the good looking guy, it's not all. Peruse the pages of this thread, you'll see a number that fits that bill.

BUT I have to say, if a guy is rather plain, his odds get a whole better IRL, where women are more at ease, meeting a guy. No it's not a sure thing, people are people after all. But in most cases, you get a chance to speak, they can't delete you after all. Hahahaha!
 joelmann
Msg: 134
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:47:03 PM
i dissagree, not all women say what they want...there form of getting affirmation to themselves is to have men "guess waht i want and if you cant then to on'
 joelmann
Msg: 135
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:54:22 PM
good post and true
 nygirl1965
Msg: 136
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 1:02:00 PM
I am sure but there are some of us out there who are not game players and do say what they want and then the men say we are too agressive.
 abelian
Msg: 137
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 1:15:04 PM

I am sure but there are some of us out there who are not game players and do say what they want and then the men say we are too agressive.

In that case, you've found a good way to filter out men who aren't a good match for you. If they think you're too aggressivem they obviously aren't for you. Why would you want to be someone you aren't in order to date someone who wouldn't like you as you are?
 OyVay...
Msg: 138
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 2:48:55 PM
Hahahaha!!! Luv it nygirl, see NY people belong in NY, where no woman is too agressive! Life is different there, thank gawd!
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 139
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 3:10:38 PM
OyVay,
I pay for dinner if I invite him out to dinner. But, if he invites me out, he pays, I will offer to pay the tip (as a waitress when I was in my teens, I try to pay fairly) but will not wrestle over it.
I do expect men that I date to be gentlemen, holding doors open (I do the same for older people, kids, men if I am ahead of them) and opening the car door for me. I also expect him to have a job, some sort of income and his own home. I am not a kid nor will he be one. I managed to buy another two houses well after my divorce so a man should own one or at least live in a nice place.
I do not judge but, if he has worked his whole life, he should have some thing to show for it.
I am independent, I pay my bills, work on my house ( roofs, fences, wiring, plumbing and whatever else needs it) but if a man is to take me to dinner, he picks the place and pays. Not all European men are chauvinistic nor do they all have mistresses, that is untrue. My relatives live in Europe so I do know what I am talking about, plus I have met many men while over there but did not look to marry any of them. I prefer to live here and visit there.
I am not bitter nor am I looking for a rich man, just an honest to goodness good man who was brought up the right way to be a gentleman. My 23 yr. old daughter is engaged to a gentleman who is 23, I thanked his mother for raising good men. (2) Their father is also a good man and nice. Yep, a nice guy, they do exist, but hard to find.
 OyVay...
Msg: 140
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:10:12 PM
Well KAT4, I am happy to hear all that, perhaps I react to the written word, like most people, it is flat and says what it says without inflection. Reread what you said about American men, you may get my point.

I have been to Europe many times as well. I've never dated a european man, so my evidence is anecdotal from women I know, who had their own experiences.

I have 2 grown daughters as well, I taught them to be independent to a fault, depend on no one to provide the life they want. Both are or will be college graduates, one has a great job with a high level corporation, the other will graduate next may.

The problem I have with things are and will be the same, as in my post. You say you will pay for dinner, if you ask them out. That's great! But as with all things I have said, no one thing is the same for all women. 4 or 5 women have posted to this thread, asserting their behavior, I've congratulated each of them, my problem is not with them or you, based on what you said in your last post.

My problem is the much greater majority of women, who will not contact a man first, ask him on a date, pay for a date, even if only to split the cost. Expectations are fine, as long as you lay out those expectation in advance, this goes for men as well. But unless you are new to these forums, you have read time and again, where men are looked down upon for a belief that the bill should be split. Frankly I don't do that and never will. Though I will defend these men, because having that belief, doesn't make them automatically cheap, yes some are, but mostly they seek fairness, it's far past time that women can at least recognize that.
 fit_4life
Msg: 141
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:21:52 PM
It's not a woman thing nor a man thing folks........... truth is, it's a people thing. Both men and women don't know what the h...... they want ! Life is beautiful baby !
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 142
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:40:54 PM

(RazaMixta) Guys: Start your own thread and title it something like "have fun and bang away", or "Hence so many guys go for the sex and not the relationship", or "I'm selfish and I'm sticking to it!" ...Or whatever you want, be creative!

You're not the boss of me!

Arlo...

(does anyone else see the irony in RM's directive?)
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 143
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:50:16 PM

How can you know if the message is personal or shotgun, if you UNread/delete it?

(ladyc4) Ever consider that the person checks your profile and sees something in it that makes you an automatic non-starter...maybe she wants to date younger- or older- men. Maybe she has made it a matter of policy to not date guys who are divorced, or guys with kids under 18. Maybe YOU think that being 100 miles away is not problem-but she doesn't agree. Maybe she doesn't like something you said in your profile. Maybe she thinks your pictures are fake.

Don't try to excuse it.

If you have no pictures, she may have a policy about not responding to pictureless members.

... and, when we DO send pictures of our members, they complain! Sheesh!

Arlo...
 MsMicki
Msg: 144
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 5:13:08 PM
I know exactly what I want.....
I want a man that owns a Kubota to level out an area for my new pool!!
and then I want him to like to go skinny dipping at midnight......
 campbell062
Msg: 145
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:05:05 PM
Its not that we dont hear women ask when we are busy with something else thats all
 ilovetodance1234
Msg: 146
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:05:50 PM
Liploverboyguy109U2: LOL. Love, love, love your post. Perfect. especially the last part...muhahaha..smile. You have got it .
 campbell062
Msg: 147
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:12:07 PM
They want someone to be with them love them spoil them and do whatever she wants not all but most
 dminjb
Msg: 148
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:45:51 PM
Cindy, absolutely brilliant post!
 kobieta_zlota
Msg: 149
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:51:49 PM
A complicated question with a simple answer: Respect
 WhitePanda
Msg: 150
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:15:23 PM
I can't believe the amount of bullshit on this thread when it's actually a very simple question which I had already answered.
 cashleys
Msg: 151
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:48:29 PM
You just have to always keep in mind, each person is unique. It is important not to get synical about others or lump them into a catagory. Attraction is always in the "eye of the beholder".
I have read much about this attraction and why for some and not for others. It is quite complicated and a lot to do with our genes then our own motives.
I think the older we get the harder it is because we continue to define what we want by things that happen in our past. I try very hard not to let that happen.
I always say, if looks, money or those tangible things is how you find love, then all those beautiful actors, or famous people would all be happily in love forever. But, as we all know those things do not promise love either.
Msg: 152
What do women want?
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:51:58 PM
If you are an average guy look for an average gal.Hotties don't want average guys unless they come with something extra in hand.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >