Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentleplus
Msg: 206
view profile
History
What do women want?Page 9 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
^^^^^^OyVay.... GREAT ADVICE!!!
 4ms4me
Msg: 207
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:06:38 AM

Online dating is NOT an ATM machine! You can't merely put up a profile, post some pics and expect a date to pop out. You must experiment, see what works for you and what doesn't. It's hard enough when using the right bait, given the issues I have cited.

This is true, too. I changed profiles several times, put up different pictures. The last profile I used was pretty much full of nonsense, designed to make someone laugh. Got some great responses …

Women don't want those little cliche messages of "wha's up", "wana chat", "hey babe" or those who just say "hi"! Even if they take the time to read your profile, you have given them NOTHING to respond too. Now on the other side, don't write "gone with the wind" or an epic tale, she'll fall asleep before she finishes.

The guy who got and kept my interest had a short, light-hearted reply, but he managed to pick out the most salient part of my profile and respond to that effectively. We still have nonsensical conversations, just for fun.

Finally don't send more than 5 or 10 emails in any one week

I, personally, found it hard to keep track of and respond to more than maybe 3 contacts at a time. I was one of the apparently few women who did send out emails to profiles that seemed interesting, but was ignored/turned down more often than I was welcomed. Pitfalls of being “average”, I guess.
 abelian
Msg: 208
What do women want?
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:23:14 AM

While I believe online dating is broken, I have to say something about why it sometimes doesn't work for some men and women.

I personally don't think it's broken, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work for a lot of people because they don't want to change the way they date to better fit the way online dating naturally works.

Women don't want those little cliche messages of "wha's up", "wana chat", "hey babe" or those who just say "hi"!

That's certainly true.

Try and think, a great opening message is 5 or 6 sentences. Something to break the ice, or make her laugh, then something about her profile that you find interesting or have in common, something from yours you think she will like.

That's also fairly good generic advice.

Finally don't send more than 5 or 10 emails in any one week(personally I don't do much more than that in a month).

I think that is bad advice. It's better to write to as many women as you have time to sift through and find as potential dates. You're only attempting to meet them to determine whether or not you want to date them, not arrange a marriage. There are also new people signing up every day. It's pretty difficult to burn through your dating pool in or near a reasonably large city. Also, the number of replies you have to deal with and conversations you get started is a natural limiting factor in sending out more messages. Basically, if you aren't too busy taliking to people to contact more people, you should contact more people until you are too busy.

Remember if there are (IE) 1,000 women in your area, you maybe attracted to 100, why burn through your eligable pool in 6 days? If your only writing the hottest babes on here, forget what I said, your just wasting your time. You MUST match up on more than just looks.

You don't have to be sure of much of anything until you meet someone in person and need to decide what to do next. Having conversations going with several others at once makes it easy to avoid a lot of the problems that go along with focussing on someone you know nothing about. Contacting people is self-limiting by the replies you get. If you aren't getting enough replies, you contact more people. I think most people also nix potential dates too quickly for weird reasons and not quickly enough for other reasons. If a person has a bad picker in real life, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be even worse online. If I ever found myself having to date again, I'd go right back to online dating without hesitation. It's different than traditional dating and that is why I found it appealing.
 Fleuron
Msg: 209
What do women want?
Posted: 7/28/2011 10:57:10 AM

And it all comes down to the big c ock.... (because really a woman could own her own shoe store, book store, cafe, travel agency or chocaliatier on her own. )

Newsflash: we can own our own c ocks, too.
 RazaMixta
Msg: 210
What do women want?
Posted: 7/28/2011 11:12:23 AM
really fleuron?

*scratches head....

This shows the diversity of women/people... Personally I prefer the whole man, robust, dark and hot... no wait that's coffee.

Back to the man, yes hot robust steamy sweaty hairy real (heck dark too) ...
 RazaMixta
Msg: 211
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 1:54:14 AM
^^^ Of course toptowa because good sex it theee most important thing, next to a good sense of humor!
oyvey! I mean ay chihuahua!
 Arthur541
Msg: 212
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 7:09:37 AM
Saw your post. I would come kill spiders for you. I am a little far away. I teach Latin students, and have a Latin in-law, so I have an idea what Latinos are like .
 OyVay...
Msg: 213
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 8:54:00 AM
"oyvey!" is someone calling me?

Do not take the name of the great OyVay in vain.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 214
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 3:49:15 PM
Really toptowa???? Really??? Honey , I just saw your profile, nope, not a gift from anywhere, I personally think that you have no room on your sportbike for anyone but you and your ego. But, keep on thinking that and your life will be listening to the crickets chirping and not a woman's voice....LLOLL

pointoffact
Msg: 215
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 4:31:12 PM
Who cares what they want. They'll get what they're given and they damn well better like it. As mom used to say.
 pointoffact
Msg: 216
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 5:13:56 PM

I find that being a free site. It seems to me that a lot of the woman use this site to get their kicks.

and attention. It's always the same when the ratio of men to women is skewed. I was in the Navy in the 80's when women were few and the ratio of men to women was about 10 to 1. The women would get lots of attention, even the not so good looking ones.

They loved it and I would be thinking, if we were in town where the ratio is more like 50/50, you girls probably wouldn't get a second look.
 grayskiesforyou
Msg: 217
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 8:24:40 PM
Being drawn to someone, in the truest sense, is almost impossible to explain why. It is fairly common for a woman to say that the man she chose meets very few of her normal criteria, but she just felt he was the one anyway. This indescribable feeling of being with the right person is hard to put reasons to. The main thing I know is that men need not worry about being the "kind" of man a woman wants as much as being himself, all the bad and the good, because openness and sincerity is one of the most attractive qualities a man can have. Most of us are really turned off by men who try too hard to be what we want. Like I said above, either the connection will be there or it won't and both parties might as well be as honest about themselves up front in order to not waste eachother's time.
 looknseek
Msg: 218
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 9:02:09 PM
^^^^^^
"The main thing I know is that men need not worry about being the "kind" of man a woman wants as much as being himself, all the bad and the good, because openness and sincerity is one of the most attractive qualities a man can have. "

Really???

"Most of us are really turned off by men who try too hard to be what we want."

Yeah....and really good men are only going by what WOMEN TELL THEM that they (women) want from a male and what he should be like to win her heart! So the "average nice guy" is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!!

"Like I said above, either the connection will be there or it won't"

Yeah, we really good average males GET that. Women don't want a decent male....alas, so you tell us there's NO connection.

BUT......let the abusive, alcoholic, druggie bad boy ride up on his screwcycle and you ALL are tripping all over yourselves screaming: "Oh, isn't he Mr. Wonderful"!! Same thing goes for you females if it's a rich prick jerk in his high priced auto. "OH, isn't he Sooo Perfect"!!!
 toadfan
Msg: 219
What do women want?
Posted: 7/29/2011 11:47:46 PM
*Get a profile review.
*Stop thinking that all women are the same and want the same things.
*Read profiles more carefully and look for someone who actually has things in common with you, specific things.
*Send messages to women who have specific things in common with you and mention in the mail the specific reasons why you contacted her.
*Stop thinking all woman are the same. Each woman is an individual.

I seen this in the post reply and VERY good advice. Sometimes I don't respond because it was so obvious that my profile was NOT read. I have not replied due to lack of the person's profile being completed or not actually typing sentences in the about me section, just to complete the registration process. I have not replied to men for not even being CLOSE to my age. There are a multitude of reasons why someone may not reply, don't always assume that it lies on looks, character, personality, career, or money.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 220
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 4:13:50 AM
Point..offact/less
You have some issues, it is clear. So, (pulling up a chair) how long have you had this hatred for your mother? Okay, okay, so she beat you with a switch and made you eat soap as a child, but, that is probably one of the reasons you have trouble finding women who want to date you.
By the way, men are not BBW, that stands for Big Beautiful Women, not men, unless you happen to be a drag queen, so maybe that is the correct description???? hmmmm (writing this down). So, you do not show your face on your profile, hmmmm, must be something wrong with it, maybe it is that twitch you get when you think of women, no, not all women are mean and hurtful.
Women won the right to vote a long time ago, watch "Iron Angels" sometime and maybe you will discover just how we have been fighting hard to be equal. But, that will never happen, since men cannot get pregnant and give birth, so we women will just have to stay where we are, superior in that knowledge that we can endure more pain and for a longer period of time than men can. We have tried in vain to be more like men, alas and alack, we cannot help you to come up to our level. More's the pity.
Cheers!!!!!!!! BTW, this psychological session was free to you, you seemed to need it so badly.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 221
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 4:50:22 AM
"It's always the same when the ratio of men to women is skewed. I was in the Navy in the 80's when women were few and the ratio of men to women was about 10 to 1. The women would get lots of attention, even the not so good looking ones.

They loved it and I would be thinking, if we were in town where the ratio is more like 50/50, you girls probably wouldn't get a second look."

when I was in, there were not women on the 'dark' ships, we pulled into port, or landed the plane down at the strip - the town was our conquest, and the embassy girls - oooyssht Hello American Sailor ; damn I miss the cold war at times.
 grayskiesforyou
Msg: 222
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 6:08:59 AM
Looknseek - I think you have been finding women who have not matured yet. Most of us are at some point are attracted to the bad boy, but a few years under our belts and we realize bad boys are generally nice in theory, but come with "baggage" that makes them a "bad boy". Most women beyond the teens and early twenties (albeit some even later than that) now run from bad boys and appreciate the nice guys who have enough maturing themselves to understand the "Golden Rule".
 phd4socialchange
Msg: 223
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 6:09:31 AM
I honestly think that what all good women (notice I said GOOD, not some piece of trash that you can play with and trow away but one that will love you and make a good wife) want is the same.

They want a partner who loves them, respects them, appreciates them and protects them.

Although I will get S*** for this, As a decent and respectable man it is your duty to care for the physical and emotional needs of your partner and to eventually lead you family.

A good woman will respect you and treat you with respect even when you do not deserve it, but will also run from a non-deserving man.

I am assuming from your post you want to know how to attract good women via this sight...

Not saying there are no good women here, just that a good woman is gonna be hard to find via the net. She will want you to pursue her, but not seem to aggressive. I personally am not sure that is possible via the net. Because you are contacting her based on her looks, which most good women will not like instinctively.

Sorry to be so dismal on the online potential... but by chatting and getting to know people in other ways you may find one... after a great deal of women looking only for sex and to fix their daddy issues
 grayskiesforyou
Msg: 224
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 6:19:01 AM
Howthe****didigethere - "and the only ones who open their hearts to be sincere are just considered too dull/poor to be a 'spark' so they're passed on or simply treaded on in light of their 'weakness'"

I agree very much with this statement, but I also think, being someone who has always loved thinking about the human condition, that there are very few truely dull (if any really) people alive. Every person has a story, thoughts, fears and desires; getting to know these facets of another person is never dull. Perhaps, society has ingnited people so much in terms of what constitutes "excitement" that it has "dulled" us to the most interesting part of being human.....getting to know one another to the core.

Now, on the other hand, maybe I have just never personally encountered anyone who is "dull".....*grin* They could be out there I suppose.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 225
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 8:31:41 AM

(gregalicious) What do women want? Well, Mel Gibson might know. I saw this movie where he could read their minds..

Is it just a coincidence that he went insane shortly afterwards?

Arlo...
 RazaMixta
Msg: 226
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 1:06:27 PM
I still want my travel agency and want to send all men to mars.

After reading all these threads with so much bitterness I think I want to be alone.

That is what this woman wants.
 Ontariogirl1960
Msg: 227
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 1:43:51 PM
I just want a good man to be my friend and companion. Looks does not matter. I do think I would like a man that looks after himself though Not so overwieght that he can't do normal things. Lastly I really dont like smoking other then that Honesty Kindness and REspect are really good things.
Well thats what I want anyway.
 OyVay...
Msg: 228
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 4:46:37 PM
SEE! the problem is image, many women want one thing, but want to appear to want or be the other. It makes finding them a real b1tch!

Now I can give you the perfect expample of a real hard find, as women go:

Here's an ad for a woman, you can't really post! Wanted a good looking woman, age appropriate, no sex, just fun and a really good time. Lots of dates, concerts, dinner and dancing, vacations, all expenses paid, only requirement is no emotional envolvement.

This is a genuine need and ad, for someone I know. The guy is fairly good looking, generous, kind and fun, a real people person, with varied interests and intelligent.

Now the question is how is he supposed to find her? Is this what a woman would want? Is this what a woman would even consider?
 CheezyChick
Msg: 229
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 4:50:00 PM
^^^ sounds perfectly dreamy, send him my way

What do women want?

Right now? A juicy thick steak with some good vino to wash it down...and maybe chocolate banana's for dessert....s'about it.

Edit: Oops, just read the 'no sex' part....I'm out...

Double Edit: vvvvv...Good point yup, I'm back in!
 MsMicki
Msg: 230
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/30/2011 5:04:14 PM

Here's an ad for a woman, you can't really post! Wanted a good looking woman, age appropriate, no sex, just fun and a really good time. Lots of dates, concerts, dinner and dancing, vacations, all expenses paid, only requirement is no emotional envolvement.

Then he wants a friend.....and since there is no emotional envolvement.....he shouldn't care if the woman gets her sex elsewheres....
works for me!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >