Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > the nice guy...are you willing to put in the time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Detectorman1976
Msg: 176
the nice guy...are you willing to put in the time?Page 8 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
to the OP>Im just glad most women out there dont think like you. You may have your checklist but there will be that guy that doesn't meet those needs, but you will fall in love regardless..You cant make a laundry list then expect to fall in love withsomeone who has every single one. people are not made to your specs.
 morta1ez
Msg: 177
view profile
History
the nice guy...are you willing to put in the time?
Posted: 8/7/2011 9:42:08 PM
She want a walking ATM with a BOB attached,
 strangerdanger39
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/7/2011 9:48:48 PM
No, that's not the case- she just doesn't want a "****".
It sucks to date a ****.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:20:57 AM
I swear , some of you make me laugh wow, you're pissed that a woman posts on what she likes, and you break balls, and if a woman isn't honest what she wants you break balls , wow.

Second her list was a suggestion on why nice guys fails most times and some of you nice guys and girls gets upset? wow should I be upset because I don't fall within the criteria Halle Berry likes? Good Lord.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/8/2011 7:33:20 AM

It's amazing how some very simple requirements that any single one of us can,and most of us have, achieved has gotten so many mens panties into a bunch

LOL, OK..let me post some of MY requirements (or 'wants') and if they were honest, this applies to 90% + of guys as well:

1- measurements of 36"-24"-36" 9or within an acceptable tolerance of +/- 1/2" of each mmeasurement

don't have that? get thee on a diet/ to the gym..

2- smart, funny, can laugh at others and especially at themselves (don't take life too seriously)

3- has minimum income of at least $100,000/year

4- loves to give BJs on at least a daily basis, & swallows

5-always wet horny & ready to have sex, 3 x/day minimum

6- great genes, athletic, (at least 2 medals in HS sports and 1 in college sports) ; could make good babies with her

7- gorgeous face & body, makes heads (male & female ) turn

ohhh, I can hear the women replying now: "What a sexist pig!"

hmm, what's wrong with a person having the 'requirements' they want???????
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/8/2011 10:36:33 AM

LOL, OK..let me post some of MY requirements (or 'wants') and if they were honest, this applies to 90% + of guys as well:

1- measurements of 36"-24"-36" 9or within an acceptable tolerance of +/- 1/2" of each mmeasurement

2- smart, funny, can laugh at others and especially at themselves (don't take life too seriously)

6- great genes, athletic, (at least 2 medals in HS sports and 1 in college sports) ; could make good babies with her

If that's what you want then ask for it,but one of your requirements are unrealistic unlike the ops.Everyone can go to school,everyone can work on a career,everyone can have a decently decorated apartment,everyone can develop a healthy social life,everyone can groom themselves.

One of your requirements such as having to be horny 3 times a day every day for a woman is unrealistic.What about when the woman is on her period? How do you propose she become arroused three times a day while bleeding like a stuck pig? What about when she gets a yeast infection?

As far as everything else you have for requirements I see nothing so unrealistic about them.
 Meetmeinstloise
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/8/2011 11:34:54 AM
I agree with you even though a lot of people will not. You need to be a successful man to get a woman to notice you especially with online dating where the first thing people see is your stats where as in real life people get to see you personality first.
Kuddos to you for speaking your mind and being up front.
 ndralcasid
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/8/2011 11:14:31 PM
Couple of points that REALLY need to be made:

1. I suspect most of the people's gripes come from the fact that virtually none of her wants have anything to do with the actual personalities or traits of her potential match. They fall either how much money can he provide, or how good looking he is. Now, I really don't think it's bad to have demands at all, but this set of her's really puts a large restriction, and if this is the mindset she encourages most women to have, then a lot of really good men are going to be shit outta luck because of this stupidity.

2. People saying that insist that these are demands that anyone can easily meet: realize that not every can be an uber successful person, especially in this economy. People are struggling right now to meet ends meet. So honestly, Jen is pretty much denying a chance for roughly 50% of the men in the US right of the bat. This is honestly what put me off so much....because she thinks (and apparently a lot of people in this thread) it's incredibly simple to just be successful.
 inthroughtheoutdoor
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/9/2011 5:44:18 AM

...if this is the mindset she encourages most women to have, then a lot of really good men are going to be shit outta luck because of this stupidity.

Are we reading the same Opost? Because nowhere is OP encouraging women do to anything. Her post isn't even addressed to women...her post is in response to the numerous complaints from all those "nice guys" who biitch and whine and blame everybody (namely women!) for their lack of success in the dating world yet are NOT willing to look at their own self to see if maybe just maybe it's them who are the at the root of their problems. Here's the first part of the opening post...

I have looked at many profiles of those “nice guys” who constantly complain about their lack of success on this site. And, I am sorry to say that many of them are good at blaming women for being stupid or shallow but, at the same time, they are not willing to put in the hard work that it takes to become a successful dating candidate.

I suspect most of the people's gripes come from the fact that virtually none of her wants have anything to do with the actual personalities or traits of her potential match. They fall either how much money can he provide, or how good looking he is.

Again, I have to wonder if we're even reading the same post...most of the stuff OP mentions has everything to do with your personality and nothing to do with how good looking you are! What part of "you need to invest many years in your mind, body, soul, and career. Being a nice guy is not enough. I know Americans like instant gratification. But dating success is based on years of working on yourself and not on ten minutes tweaking of your POF profile." do you not understand??

...especially in this economy

The economy has nothing to do with how a person carries themselves, how social they are, how organised they keep their place, or how they keep their hair, bodies and clothes clean and neat in appearance...what the hell man?? So I have a pile of dirty dishes in the sink and my place is a mess, my hair is greasy, I need a bath, I'm out of shape and it's all because of the economy?

Jen is pretty much denying a chance for roughly 50% of the men in the US right of the bat.

Jen is not denying anyone anything. Jen was suggesting that instead of biitching and complaining about your life that maybe you (not you -general you) should get out there and make things happen like she has. And except for the formal education/degree part, everyone can achieve what's on that list IF they want to.

What I don't get is that if I was a man in OP's age range, I wouldn't meet her qualifications. Yet nowhere in me is there an ounce of resentment or anger nor would I feel insulted or "denied" because me/my life/my lifestyle are not what she's looking for. The choices I made and continue to make in my life are mine and good or bad, I take full responsibility for them. So if having children, being divorced, not formally educated, etc. eliminates me from anyone's list, so what?? How is someone's wish list - one that they themselves match one for one - a personal affront to me who has none or very little of what THEY have to offer specially when most of what is required/offered are things that I could have CHOSEN to do but instead chose to do something else (or nothing at all) ??

totalazzhole
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/9/2011 7:40:38 AM
^^

so to sum up you are saying that a guy "being nice"

= 'being whipped/pu$$y-whipped" ?:)
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 186
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:25:47 PM

1) he has never burped or farted in front of you or stunk your loo out. That is just normal male behavior! 2) He has not taken control of the remote control also not normal male behavior. 3) He has not gone for an obvious feel, most men will grab your ass or rest there hand slightly too high up your thigh and try and inch a little higher. If he has not done any of those things he is too polite

FINALLY! Someone has come out and told us actual nice men how to behave to get a woman to pay more attention !

Act just like an immature teenage Mick Jagger type personality.. Even though you may be well over 30 and away from those locker-room antics for ages..

There was a self-procalimed "nice guy" thread elsewhere, maybe he can adopt those behaviors and come back and tell us any results..
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 187
Posted: 8/9/2011 6:27:56 PM
and that's just the point, isn't it?

Item 1- Being intelgent isn't enough.
Item 2- Being dependable isn't enough.
Item 3- Yeah, vanity, always a good trait.
Item 4- See Item 3
Item 5- Being ones self is not enough.
Items 6&7- Being responsible is not enough.
Item 8- Learning from ones mistakes is not enough.

I may be picky, but I like my friends and lovers just a wee bit less judgemental.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2011 8:02:48 PM

and that's just the point, isn't it?

Item 1- Being intelgent isn't enough.
Item 2- Being dependable isn't enough.
Item 3- Yeah, vanity, always a good trait.
Item 4- See Item 3
Item 5- Being ones self is not enough.
Items 6&7- Being responsible is not enough.
Item 8- Learning from ones mistakes is not enough.

I may be picky, but I like my friends and lovers just a wee bit less judgemental.

NO!! It's not enough! Being responsible, intelligent, and dependable is not nearly enough. They are bvaseline traits. They are expected of a partner and generally you need them simply to get your foot in the door. Being interesting, attractive and socially adept is required. Even for a FRIEND those thing are not enough. You need some level of chemistry and common interest to get along. All of those things do not amount to a hill of beans when it comes down to spending timne with someone or having sex with them. They need to bring other things to the table.
Guys, like it or not the list that the woman gave about stinking up the loo, taking over the remote and having passion about things... well surprise, surprise. Women tend to like when men act like men. When they show some dominance, some juvenile behavior. Yes it's counter intuitive, but women do not want to win when you wrestle with them. They don't want a guy that is up for carrying your purse in the mall. They find demonstrations of your MANHOOD attractive.
Yes, being able to act properly in social situations is required, but being able to be 'classless' and a brute at the right times are also traits that women desire. (Generally those times are in bed, but hey you should be able to be that guy when it's required).

This is the point of this thread. Nice is just not enough. It is required and expected, but you need more. Just like bRAKES are required and expected on a car. No one would buy a car that had no brakes, but a steering wheel and an accellerator are ALSO required.

Hmmmm, Well let's see. The OP actually measures up to the requirements that she mentions, so let's compare and see if you measure up to yours...

Well you list yopur body type as 'average' so I guess that you do not meet the standard of perfection that you want from a woman. You don't think that your job as bank emptier pays $100000 a year, If you are willing to go down on a woman daily then cool. I am not even sure that any woman wants to have sex 3 times per day on her cycle, but a man can dream. But if you are that guy then cool. You are a good looking guy but making heads turn and hearts race... naw.

Women are not saying "What a sexist pig." They are saying what do you bring to the table to warrant that sort of womans attention.
That is the point. What do you bring to the table? Just being nice will not make the woman that you described chose you over all the other guys. You do not have to be gorgeous and rich to get a great woman. But you do need to be something more than NICE to attract her attention. Whine about it all that you want to as it changes nothing.
our society dictates what it dictates and you can like it or lump it.
 Dare to
Msg: 189
Posted: 8/9/2011 10:31:08 PM
I can't for the life of me see why so many people are getting their knickers in a knot about the OP's preferences in a mate... so what if she wants those things!!! I'm sure everyone else has their own list of wants that require someone to be more than just NICE.. Why are her requirements not as important as yours? And as far as i can see those requirements are simply an example of what a person may want other than wanting someone who is "just" nice. The whole context of the OP has been twisted out of shape by bitter men who can't get the woman they think they should be able to get..

The only problem is, all of her demands have nothing to do with a guy being nice. All those things can be achieved by a douchebag as well as a doormat, so I'm not sure why even bring this up.
This is where some of you aren't getting the context of her post.. The "NICE" part of a a prospective partner is EXPECTED ... the BASELINE.. the rest is her other preferences... The whole point is that just because you are NICE doesn't mean every woman will be wanting to date you just because they said they wanted a nice guy.. Some people think that because she said she wanted a nice guy and THEY are a nice guy then it must automatically mean theat they will be a good match and she is a b1tch if she rejects him...

but she IS shallow, the things mentioned have the stink of entitlement(you know, the trait you claim NICE guys have?)
BUT... She's not posting a thread whining about why she can't get the man she wants like most of the "nice guy" threads do..

that virtually none of her wants have anything to do with the actual personalities or traits of her potential match.
Once again, I would assume that wanting someone you get along with on those levels is a GIVEN!! It's another baseline requirement one shouldn't have to specifically ask for....
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/9/2011 11:00:39 PM
well listen kimtom, ur friend is an utter joke. and anyone that listens to that and follows that advice is even worse.

do u's really want to end up in abusive relationshsips all because u "think" some guy who is trying to only be respectful has some freaking disorder. grow up.

no guy with a backbone is going to feel sorry for u's when u are being belt around and mentally abused by some girl beater.

but hey ur choice's!

this is exactly why guy's shouldn't put women on pedastool's its because this behaviour then escalates beyond means and women thinking with these twisted ideas become way too common.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2011 11:52:17 PM

well listen kimtom, ur friend is an utter joke. and anyone that listens to that and follows that advice is even worse.

do u's really want to end up in abusive relationshsips all because u "think" some guy who is trying to only be respectful has some freaking disorder. grow up.

no guy with a backbone is going to feel sorry for u's when u are being belt around and mentally abused by some girl beater.

but hey ur choice's!

this is exactly why guy's shouldn't put women on pedastool's its because this behaviour then escalates beyond means and women thinking with these twisted ideas become way too common.

Are you insane!?! This has really become ridiculous! Have men in our society truly become so emasculated that this is where we stand. How in the world do you figure that this becomes an abusive relationship? Do you honestly believe that being a little juvenile and playful around a woman will develop into beating her ass? Do you honestly believe that standing up for what you believe in even if it is different than what she believes will escalate into knocking her around? You're an idiot. Like it or not, women are socialized to like being dominated by men in CERTAIN situations. Like being thrown around and having their hair pulled during sex. Like having a man take the lead and make decisions in situations (not all the damned time, but taking the reins and being 'A MAN'). If you don't get it then you don't get it, but welcome to the world.

A random woman posted a thread about 'Nice guys' (and for those that do not understand, the term here refers to guys that seem to think that being 'nice' is all that they need to be to attract a woman. In the online dating world it is a negative term. It has zero to do with actually being nice.) and that perhaps if they examined their situation closely they would see that they would have more dating success if they concentrated on factors other than simply being nice and pliant, aggreable and polite. That there are other aspects to attracting someone than simply being in the room, saying please and thank you and being loyal. And the majority of men here jump all over her, call her names and generally demonize her. They decide to list their own qualifications like they should somehow automatically get a shot at her and because they don't decide that she is simply 'judgmental and a gold digger'. You guys are ridiculous!!
No one is automaticaly ENTITLED to a shot at dating someone. To whine and complain because you do not fit into the dating parameters of some random woman is just pathetic!! MAN UP guys!! Really!
This has been a real eye opener for me as I did not realize that the whole 'nice guy' thing was THIS bad.
People are free to date whom ever they choose to. If you do not make the cut on this person or that person... so what? Who cares? We can not be EVERYONE"S cup of tea. get over yourself. people are completely free to have their physical preferences, financial preferences, intellectual preferences and whatever else they want. if you are not tall enough, cute enough, stable enough, smart enough, then move on to the next. If every one that you would be interested in contacting is simply not interested then perhaps you are aiming to high. By that I mean that if you make $25 grand annually, do not have any sort of fashion sense, social ability, do not go out, do not keep up with the arts or culture, have any sort of social clout and really do not attempt to keep yourself in great shape, then you are not offering anything comparable to what other men are offering her. Period. The issue is YOU! People do not want to be around you because you are just NICE. They want to be around you because you are interesting to spend time with. Perhaps you are funny, you are intelligent and well versed on many subjects and interestig to talk with, perhaps you are great on the dance floor and people enjoy dancing with you, perhaps you are well aquainted with the local art or club scene, perhaps you are educated on wine and can show someone a great time on a wine tour or at a wine tasting. Get it? You need to have something going on that makes another person actually be interested in anything that you may have to say. It does not take much, but it takes some effort on your part so that you can get and keep the attention of another person.
Jebus Christmas, why on Earth would you even WHINE about what the OP is talking about? If you don't make the cut for her then so what? Who cares? Do you know how many times I read a great profile that says that I do not make the cut because they like man that are slim to medium build, more educated than me, white collar, republican, into this or that, blah blah blah. Why would you even care? It's just someone that is lookig for something that you happen to not provide. I would NEVER have guessed that SOOOO many men would stand up and just complain because some woman was not interested in them. Some random woman that did not reject them personally.
I have mentioned this a half dozen times in this thread yet no one ever seems to comment on it, so I invite someone to explain to me what the problem is. Please explain why she should not want someone that is feels education is important when she obviously feels that education is important. She has a Masters Degree in Engineering. Please tell me why she should not want someone that is focued on a career when she is obviously focused on her career? Please tell me why she should not want a man that is concerned with being healthy and active when she is obviously concerned with being healthy and active? Why would she settle for not getting the things that she in turn is offering a potential date?
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 192
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:13:21 AM
^^^^ hey u can believe all u want, im just stating the facts as to how they are. from what i've experienced where i live.

don't think u know what other's experience until u've been in their shoes. have u been on all the dates with me i've been on and listen to even the first hand stories i've heard from out of the women's mouth's i've met that back up all of what i say. NO.

i don't write a whole lot of sh!t for something to do u know, listen to all the evidence before u go concluding who is right and wrong.

am i insane? yeah i am sometimes, so what?

and as for all this nice guy crap. get off that. im not nice by no means i am simply stating that if women can't see the good in someone that is respectful forget all about nice for a minute than she is not worth the time. anyway. u going to disagree with that? because thats all i mean when i say what i say..

i didn't say anything about kissing the woman's butt and getting dumped over by that. that is what u call a nice guy. so lets sum that up. because any guy that does do that does deserve a bit of punishment.

u disagree with any of that and ur the idiot!
 Dare to
Msg: 193
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:16:05 AM

i am simply stating that if women can't see the good in someone that is respectful forget all about nice for a minute than she is not worth the time
But she still needs to be sexually and mentally attracted to you to have a relationship!! Why can't some of you men get that.. Being respectful and good is great and EXPECTED in potential mates... It is the MINIMUM criteria.. But it doesn't ENTITLE anyone to get the girl/guy they want... Each person has the RIGHT to choose who they date (including women by the way). If the attraction isn't reciprocal just move on... Don't b1tch and whinge cos the girl you liked didn't feel the same..
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:42:40 AM
^^^^ oh here we ago another one who wants to pick at everything i say.

when the heck did i say that she had to be attracted to an individual??

all i simply said was when a guy is being respectful it doesn't equate to him being a doormat and having a freaking syndrome of "niceness" like some women must think now does it! and DEFINITLY not having to be anywhere in the league of also being a mental and physical abuser to someone. u can be respectful, attractive, and still be a dominater to someone. that is what u can call a guy that has his sh!t together. i will never know why everyone has to get so off track with these damm nice guy and good guy threads.

of course there has to be attraction, FFS otherwise its just friends or not even that. i think any dater can work that one out.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2011 2:05:05 AM

^^^^ oh here we ago another one who wants to pick at everything i say.

when the heck did i say that she had to be attracted to an individual??

all i simply said was when a guy is being respectful it doesn't equate to him being a doormat and having a freaking syndrome of "niceness" like some women must think now does it! and DEFINITLY not having to be anywhere in the league of also being a mental and physical abuser to someone. u can be respectful, attractive, and still be a dominater to someone. that is what u can call a guy that has his sh!t together. i will never know why everyone has to get so off track with these damm nice guy and good guy threads.

of course there has to be attraction, FFS otherwise its just friends or not even that. i think any dater can work that one out.

You don't get it.

Youalso don'tget the term "Nice Guy". Online it does not mean that you are nice. It is a negative term for people that do not have that social skills that are required to attract a woman and think that JUST being nice will be enough.
 Dare to
Msg: 196
Posted: 8/10/2011 2:08:40 AM

That's the probem Funk, NOT everyone can work that out.. Hence all the 'nice guy" threads.. The ones who are labelled "nice guy" (in the negative way) are those who believe all they have to do is turn up, be "nice' and all women should fall at their feet, afterall the woman did say said she wanted a nice guy didn't she?... Well they turned up, they consider themselves "nice" so they should get the girl (in their eyes).... Then they get p1ssed when women have other preferences and expect a bit more than just "nice", when she expects to feel attraction as well... It's as if they think "Well she didn't say she wanted someone she was attracted to, she just said Nice.. How dare she have preferences she didn't state on her profile!!"

But you've just seen what happens when a woman actually states what she is looking for in a mate... She gets reamed a new as shole and hated by almost every guy on here.. (Thank you to the guys who "get it")
 casey0413
Msg: 197
Posted: 8/10/2011 6:02:17 AM

Like it or not, women are socialized to like being dominated by men in CERTAIN situations. Like being thrown around and having their hair pulled during sex.

OK, but how can you 'socialize' a woman to like that? (just given ya a hard time)
 totalazzhole
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/10/2011 8:37:11 AM
to make it simple, "nice guys" ..be a guy that other women want to f*ck..have sex with, and do so occasionally, or at least let your g/f or S.O. know that you "might" or "could" any time you want to.

nothing like knowing her guy can f*ck other women , and maybe does, to reassure a woman that her choice is 'desirable' .. to other women as well as to herself.

social proof/peer pressure rules in our society.. the message I get from many of these posters is the women will respect you more as a MAN if you f*ck a few others ( or AT LEAST one other) on the side.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/10/2011 9:01:19 AM

Youalso don'tget the term "Nice Guy". Online it does not mean that you are nice. It is a negative term for people that do not have that social skills that are required to attract a woman and think that JUST being nice will be enough.

This is my definition of a nice guy as well. It could also be the definition of a nice
girl. Generally, you're bland and not bad, you don't hit people and you rarely yell,
but you're not interesting and you have flaws that you're hoping will be overlooked
because of your niceness. I say this because I used to think I was a "nice girl" and
then I decided I just wanted to be a desirable woman. You become a desirable person
by fine tuning your assets and making your liabilities less front row.

I don't see anything wrong with the OP's list. We all have lists...we just don't all type
them out for everyone to see. If we did, chaos would ensue.

On the upside...I learned a new word today. Pedastool.
As in, I need some more pedastools for my kitchen island.

ahahahahahahahaha!

_TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/10/2011 9:22:10 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the OP's list. We all have lists...we just don't all type
them out for everyone to see. If we did, chaos would ensue.

Ok, from now on all the overt requirements lists and covert/hidden ones are to be posted on everyone's profile..
Bring on the chaos, some may actually meet a "match" throughout all the social disruption..

Nice mature men now know that we are to burp/fart whenever we can, stink up the loo, grab the remote and the woman's thigh as much as possible..

In other words, must act like that 15yr old jock you knew in High School that most girls could never have,
but many longed for since seemingly all the other girls wanted him because he acted as if he didn't care
WHAT you thought or felt..

When you find someone who treats you like that, enjoy the ephemeral drama,
since he will be gone on to the next one shortly.. And the truly nice guy will see that and stay farther away from you than before, because he has learned how you truly are..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > the nice guy...are you willing to put in the time?