Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Beauty over age 45      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fleuron
Msg: 76
Beauty over age 45Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Also, my observation is that MOST couples are generally in the same age bracket. That's the way it should be. The old with the old, the young with the young, the middle aged with the middle aged.

Carve it in stone and call it a commandment.

People of all ages date and marry other people of all ages. If you don’t like it, tough.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 77
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 9/24/2011 6:00:05 PM

my non-scientific observation is that women are more likely than men to be engaging in that unhealthy and in my opinion disgusting habit of smoking. Nuff Said.

Perhaps you should do some research to see if your observations bear out: you are wrong.

Sixty percent of women have never smoked compared with slightly fewer than half of men. About one-quarter of adult men currently smoke at least occasionally compared with one in five women.
http://www.newstrategist.com/productdetails/HealthSamplePgs.pdf

According to statistics, men are also more likely to smoke than women
http://lvhealthmag.com/2011/06/top-mens-health-issues/

Percentage of adults who were current smokers in 20091

By Gender

23.5% of adult men
17.9% of adult women
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm
 Annie1108
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 9/25/2011 2:44:25 PM
Not all of us have callouses and wrinkles..... :)
 Annie1108
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 9/25/2011 5:58:30 PM
Nawh.... No callouses or wrinkles anywhere.... no wounds with salt... no bridges to burn... none of the above... holding on to pain from the past is what damages the mind and eventually kills us.....
Stress causes illiness... it's not worth it...
I've learned a long time ago to pray about the past and to keep moving forward...it's what keeps us sane... what keeps us alive.... learning to forgive people that caused us our painful past... :}
 Annie1108
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 9/25/2011 6:00:00 PM
It keeps us beautiful on the inside and out u know...
 TomSings2U
Msg: 81
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 9/25/2011 11:48:16 PM
[^^^^ some people wear their callouses, wrinkles and scars on their heart instead of their skin and this usually changes our view of that person once we get to know them.]

I will second that Paddy

I have seen some women on here that are well over 45 that just look absolutely incredible, I honestly thought that there were some typo errors on their profile, lol.
My Mom is 15 years younger than my stepdad and they have been married now for 35 years.
 kran007
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:26:55 PM
As many people said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think women can be their own worst enemies. I love being in my forties and feel more beautiful today than I did when I was younger. Are you not being contacted by the type of man you think you want? Is that why you are asking this question? I have dated and been contacted by many younger men. In fact, I think the younger men that contact me are way better looking than the men in my age group but the reality is every age has it's pros and cons. I think the reality is that there are just as many men looking for older women as there are men looking for younger.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 83
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:44:17 PM
Song bird this isnt a term paper and you arent being graded. So no worries on your wording people become so literal jeez relax people! Its crazy men age so well the graying at the temples is so distinguished but when women have it we look haggy. I think times are changing and changing quickly. Most men arent so hung up on age as they are how you live your life. Some men like blondes and some like more independent women. Ive been noticing more and more gray models for jeans and car commercials so ya things are changing!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 84
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:33 PM
RE: Msg 196

You know what I would like to hear, not about women who have dated much younger men, but women who actually had a long term relationship with much younger men. Anybody can date anybody. Long term though tells whether there was compatibility or not. You know, things like years together, maybe even marriage?
I've been on both sides of the fence. My late husband was almost 19 yrs older than I was and we had a wonderful marriage. My last husband was 10 yrs younger than I was and, although we did divorce (after being together almost 10 yrs), age was NEVER a factor. I am engaged to a man who is 7 yrs younger than I am and, again, age isn't an issue at all, especially the older we get.

I must say that I do prefer being with a man of my generation so we have more in common. And my fiance being younger is a bonus in that, statistically, women usually outlive men and I would rather be the one to go first. Another bonus is that he is much more active than I am and this has helped me become more active and in better shape. He jokingly calls me his cougar and I call him my cub. We tease about the age difference realizing that 7 yrs at this stage of the game is minute.
 blahblogger
Msg: 85
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:46:28 PM
Well, it is true beauty does fade, but only in the physical sense. Look we have an environment ( gravity pollution stress cellular decline) that assures this for everyone. So , I feel might as well have fun with the fact that every age has its beauty that can only be brought with that age. I am only totally attracted to men my age and older, but partially attracted to some of the younger guys ( I mean 10 or more years younger), but just physically. For women, dating younger it is different, we are unlikely as men to pay for our young partners. Rather, we are normally more sexually pleasing to younger men. So I accept that this is how it is , for me anyway. I like my body , din't use to though. So I feel more beautiful because I can appreciate who I am. I know what I want for myself, including sexually. That normally comes with age. so for me the experience is sooo much better and totally gratifying.
 blahblogger
Msg: 86
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:47:40 PM
excellent reply or rebuttal of the previous comment.....
 blahblogger
Msg: 87
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:51:14 PM
so true... so true
 Spring_weather
Msg: 88
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/5/2011 3:27:32 PM
I have been told numerous times, that I look younger than my years in person;

I exercise outside daily and wear moisturizer on my face, I believe that helps alot!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 89
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/6/2011 6:38:34 AM
I will be 59 next month, 60 quickly approaches.

I am more beautiful now--physically, mentally, emotionally--now than I was when I was 20 or 30. People often respond to the entire person, not just the face and body. If a woman thinks that she is beautiful, she is.

I am not sure that words for men. (Evil grin.)
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 90
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:09:34 AM
Meh...I'm a hot mess and have a plastic surgery wish-list a mile long. I'm going to go down fighting, kicking and screaming all the way.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 91
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:14:15 PM

'Why does beauty have to equal youth?' Do you think that anything will ever change that standard?
i think people are looking for the person who makes them HAPPY, '

Men have the luxury of continuing on with dating, going out with younger women for their vanity's sake, and nobody thinks a thing about it. Women seem to have a shelf life.
women are starting to do the same, actually they have for a while

And men seldom will put women over their own age on their dating list.
it's starting to change
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 92
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:04:18 PM
Beauty over age 45....takes a bit of effort.

...And I for one work very hard to achieve a look that says,.... " I naturally look this good, without hardly any effort"

..mae

Giggles10000
Msg: 93
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:17:32 PM
lol Mae, you have a natural beauty but I agree that most women look better when they look like it is natural; a hard made up look makes everyone look like they are hiding something.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 94
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:13:29 AM
agreed-*Mae* has always been the epitome of classy & beautiful all wrapped up in the best package
 starfishgazer
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:04:58 PM
Ah so true thank you for making me smile ;)
I went out with a man on a few dates about 7 years ago & we were both 38 years old.
A rare occasion when I did not have the children with me we went to Stratford on Avon park where a theatre entertainer was inviting people to help with some parts of his act.
He made the comment that my date should not be cradle snatching. I took it as a bit of banter to butter 'the woman' me up, but found he was deadly serious & I felt very embarrassed for my date, although a compliment in a way for me, I looked at my dates height, weight unhealthy looking sallow lined face properly ( as I tend to see personality/intellect before looks) & his smoking didn't help, then thought I am small in statue & build with good health & light make up, blonde hair (which always makes me look a bit younger) so how others see you can be so different to what is true.
Just to state I am now looking more my actual age now & its good.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & as many of us know great looks can mean a lovely or horrible person as much as a ugly person can be either plus confidence or shyness can shield the view. The shell is just that where as the core beliefs, gestures, words, actions all show how attractive we really are.
Starfishgazer x
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 96
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:16:04 PM

words, actions all show how attractive we really are

I'll say that again!!!
 cupper3
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 2/1/2012 1:45:53 AM
Interestingly enough, I find a LOT of women look great who are near my age (60).

The nice thing about that is that I don't have to worry what they will look like when they get older... they already have a combination of good genes, a healthier lifestyle, including not smoking or having excessive sun exposure, they keep their weight in check, are active and most of all have a great attitude.

For those that are not like that, I have little interest in finding out if there are other good qualities a great relationship needs. Many women in the age bracket I am interested in (51-64) look great, so why would I date someone who doesn't? I'm sorry if you smoke or smoked for a long time, if you thought being in the sun all the time was great, or you indulged in foods that did not much for nutrition but stuck around on your body as a reminder. If your interest is your couch and TV shows, oh well, I'm not your guy.

There are so many quality women out there that have an inner and outer beauty, many here on POF.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 98
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 2/1/2012 8:17:16 AM
To the OP: Real beauty is internal, not external, and that is ageless. The exterior is just a vessel for what a person fills their soul with. Some are sweet wine, others sour grapes.

You can have exterior beauty on the outside but still be ugly inside, and that is an ugliness that no amount of youth, cosmetics, exercise or surgery can correct. But attributes like being kind, generous of spirit, compassionate, brave, adventurous, humorous, ethical, passionate about life make a person sparkle and shine from within. That is the beauty that counts.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:25:38 PM
We can complain and argue on many topics on these boards, but one thing is fact.....women look amazing these days! I have no need to date or dance with babies, when women 45+ look so hot!
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 100
Beauty over age 45
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:45:21 PM
Shelf life? I get hit on all the time by men in their 20s, not to mention men my age and men who are older..
It may be there for you..but its not there for me or a lot of other women.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Beauty over age 45