Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smittin
Msg: 28
bald guysPage 2 of 41    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Motown: you don't wanna be lookin' like the cryptkeeper in those Harry Potter movies

Molly: the bald guy in "Harry Potter" is Tom Riddle ... aka Voldemort

No I think she's referring to Argus Filch, the creepy dude with the cat named Mrs. Norris. He has nasty long stringy hair on a half bald head. GAH!

But you're right, the Dark Lord would look better with a nose.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 29
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/28/2011 5:06:35 PM
thanks ... never thot about Argus Filch ... LAFFING ...

re mateo's comment:
I don't know WHAT women who are "balding and/or thinning" should do ... I'd like to know ... it's something I often wondered about ...

one of my grandmothers left this earthly life at the age of 97 with a full head of silver white hair ... a very striking woman ... I hadn't seen my other grandmother without her favorite red wig for decades ... I don't know how bald she might have been (or not!) but I know she dearly loved that horrible bright red wig!

altho I've seen no evidence so far ... it's a concern ... figure I must have a 50% chance of being baldish some day! should I buy a red wig now ... just planning for the future?!!!

mateo45
Msg: 30
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/28/2011 6:02:07 PM
It's been several years now, but I once had to do regular treatments for an early-detected cancer (which of course is all fine now), but it also involved waiting my "turn" for radiation treatments, often along with other patients with much more serious and lengthy procedures that had made them lose all their hair. Of course this included women as well as men.

And aside from the novelty of the sight, it was surprising how many women would actually look just fine without hair, and some even have the bone structure and such that it actually looked pretty attractive and "exotic"! But naturally we're just not used to the idea yet, hair being a woman's "crowning glory" and all that.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 31
bald guys
Posted: 7/28/2011 6:56:03 PM
I agree alot of men here have the bald guy with a ponytail look, just shave it off!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 32
bald guys
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:21:26 PM
Just wondering if the ladies' perspective has changed, or if it is a non-factor. Non-factor as long as it isn't a comb over!!! lol

I don't mind bald men---however, I think a comb-cover spoils a man's looks. Ralph Lauren, the famous fashion designer, was once a stylish, suave, and handsome man, however, in the last few years, his thick white hair has been thinning on top.

His part has been gradually migrating closer and closer to his right ear. I think he should just bite the bullet and shave it all off. He's always been known as an authority on classic style, but with that ridiculous comb-over, I'm beginning to question his taste.
 LargoMaNonTroppo
Msg: 33
bald guys
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:22:20 PM
A sexy man is... sexy. Bald or whatever makes no difference.

Comb over- NOT sexy! Confidence is the sexiest attribute a man can have- nothing says low confidence louder than a comb over.

(Personally I like the bald look.)
 pointoffact
Msg: 34
bald guys
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:40:44 PM
What difference does it make. No matter how much hair you have or don't have there are enough other things about you women will find to be disgusted with that they refuse to date you.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 35
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 12:14:04 AM

A sexy man is... sexy. Bald or whatever makes no difference.

Comb over- NOT sexy! Confidence is the sexiest attribute a man can have- nothing says low confidence louder than a comb over.

I totally agree with this. When I was still considering dating I had "hair optional, teeth mandatory" on my profile.
 6FootAmazon
Msg: 36
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 6:43:07 AM
I, personally, prefer bald. =)

And there are ALOT of women out there who share the same opinion as I do.

And I am sorry that I am not over 45. Next year I will be so don't kick me outta this thread.
 Darryl
Msg: 37
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 7:30:58 AM
I haven't actually seen anyone with a comb over in years.

To me though, a shaved head is just the comb over of the new millennium. "I'm not really bald I just chose to look like this."

Embrace it guys. If your bald be bald, if your not your not, and if your just somewhere in between then be that. I have been this bald since I was 25. It has never been a problem for me.

Remember what they say, "foreheads are better than one"
 URXO2
Msg: 38
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 8:01:21 AM
I'm extremely pleased to see you ladies don't discriminate against the folliclely challenged..
The English Actor Jason Statham carries off the bald look rather well with close cropped hair and beard...
I'd like nothing better than to have Fabio hair but I find myself in the folliclely challenged group. Such is life......
 mateo45
Msg: 39
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 8:04:41 AM
To me though, a shaved head is just the comb over of the new millennium. "I'm not really bald I just chose to look like this."

LOL..... too true!! Now just throw in a few tats and it reminds me of the ever-charming "ex-con" look (or for the skinnier ones, like they just escaped from Auschwitz)!
 karma1160
Msg: 40
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 8:10:40 AM
Well I tell you lol, if I see a man that is bald and has nice lips and a great smile, he can top the charts over some guys with a full head of hair. Hair is not the first thing I look at when deciding if I am attracted to someone contrary to belief.
bald is sexy!!!!!!
It's all in the twinkle
The lips
The smile
And if you have a nice set of quads ect.......... that would be grand.

Please no come overs........it makes you apear desparate to hang on to something, that is already gone.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 41
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 9:36:08 AM

What difference does it make. No matter how much hair you have or don't have there are enough other things about you women will find to be disgusted with that they refuse to date you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Expert?
Conjecture?
Just being a up walker with poseable digits?
 mateo45
Msg: 42
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 10:32:40 AM
Expert?
Conjecture?
Just being a up walker with poseable digits?

FYI, I think it's technically called "opposable" (but would still agree with the sentiment).

Although come to think of it, I suppose the upright middle finger might also be considered a "poseable" digit!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 43
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 11:01:10 AM
hey...I part my hair from the neck over...and use vitalise to hold it down....I stay out to the wind and rain...I could get whiplash in the right wind....or glued to the ground if the rain stops to quickly.

Too funny...I gotta tell the woman that cuts my hair to take more off the top (if she can find it)....because I don't like the Trump comb-over either....but, she thinks more on top is a better look...sigh...wimmen...no pleasin em
 valenciacityx
Msg: 44
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 2:27:24 PM
joined the military at 16, never had the hair.
Because I still have the buzz cut, and occasionally the high and tight, it is the same hairline that I had in highschool. Indeed the reunion pic and the original annual pic were remarkably similar.

ps, I NEVER under stood the mullet.
 BlueTeaPot
Msg: 45
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 4:47:45 PM
I think completely bald is rather sexy....if going bald.....then just shave it off guys....yum
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 46
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 5:46:47 PM
My Brother-in-law claims he rubbed all of his hair off on the head board.
 cindylynn30044
Msg: 47
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 9:27:43 PM
honey bald is sexy as long as you shave it completely BALD!!!! No in between.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 48
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/29/2011 10:53:06 PM
Some blald men are HOT! Better bald than all those strange things men do to make us believe they have a lot more hair than they do.
 platypus_man
Msg: 49
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 7/30/2011 9:38:07 AM
I don't think it's the bald thing that is the problem; Hulk Hogan used to have plenty of female fans and he had a chrome dome up top. It's usually the rest of the body that becomes the problem when men get to the age when our hair is gone. Look at all the NBA stars with shaved heads; they all have plenty of women waiting for them after the games. So, it's not the hair line that's the problem.
 ShellLadySD
Msg: 50
bald guys
Posted: 7/30/2011 11:45:30 AM
Bald is good, much better than weird adolescent (or something) hairstyles.

Balding is harder, but not as bad as the aforementioned weirdness or heaven forbid, comb-overs and hairpieces.

I have no preference. You could look like Tom Selleck or Ed Harris and I be equally delighted!!!

Or just real -- with a sense of your own style. That works best of all!
 rain-e
Msg: 51
bald guys
Posted: 7/30/2011 12:52:10 PM
Personally , I adore Bald Men... nothing gets my attention like a smooth head :) and a Great smile :) .. a man having hair is almost a deal breaker for me .. lol
 pointoffact
Msg: 52
bald guys
Posted: 7/30/2011 2:54:40 PM

A sexy, desirable man is so because of personality above all else. His hair, weight, age, income, etc., are all secondary. So, when a man complains that "women will [always] find [some reason] to be disgusted ... [and so] refuse to date you," the bottom line is they don't like you because of something to do with your personality, your character. Women all the time hook up with men who are, to say the least, imperfect when it comes to a multitude of issues. But if a woman likes a man, really likes him, it is due primarilly to his personality.

Not according to what I've been reading from most of the women on these forums. They will never get to the point where they can judge your personality because they are disgusted with so many physical aspects that they would never agree to meet you or even reply to your emails.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >