Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1029
what's a bun with a hole in it? a donut? that must be crullerPage 39 of 41    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
On behave of widows everywhere
ppppppppppssssssssstttttttttttttttttt
But keep being " picky"
btw, 47 ain't no spring chicken. :)
Signed
Old and wrinkly widow who can drive herself or call Uber
 swedishtextiles
Msg: 1030
what's a bun with a hole in it? a donut? that must be cruller
Posted: 3/7/2017 5:44:14 PM
GTO<<

Maybe when i'm old and wrinkly, all the widows will just be looking for someone who still has their teeth and driver's license, and then my proverbial ship will have come in, lol

Don't hold your breath~

Got my own boat, van, driver's license, house, lake cabin and my own teeth! Don't need yours!

hahahaha
 gtomustang
Msg: 1031
Posted: 3/7/2017 8:36:18 PM
gosh, another illusion, just shot all to hell.

Broads are so cruel :)

its like i'm young and on the playground again, and the girls are beating me up.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1032
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2017 8:56:16 AM

gtomustang
but then, if women said yes to me more often, I might find there are good ones here, too :) But I suspect good ones know their value, and are waiting out for the hotter looking fellows.

The older a woman gets, the more she seems to appreciate a man who will treat her decently, not lie to her, someone who can and will have a conversation. Yes, I’m sure she would rather date George Clooney in preference to Danny DeVito, but she is much more likely to settle for someone honest and real.

gtomustang
Maybe when i'm old and wrinkly, all the widows will just be looking for someone who still has their teeth and driver's license, and then my proverbial ship will have come in, lol

I was going to say, “Hey, that’s me, and it’s working!”

That is, until I saw the women beating you up over your statement.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1033
Posted: 3/8/2017 2:42:45 PM

The older a woman gets, the more she seems to appreciate a man who will treat her decently, not lie to her, someone who can and will have a conversation. Yes, I’m sure she would rather date George Clooney in preference to Danny DeVito, but she is much more likely to settle for someone honest and real.

!Hallelujah! Amen! and pass the peas. ...................Think I have said this, over , ........and over,..............and over.
I think numerous of us ladies here, have said this before. LOL Selective hearing?

Actually I have no desire to date George Clooney. Isn't he married with a baby on the way?
 Kay9876
Msg: 1034
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2017 2:47:16 PM

Msg. 1126: The older a woman gets, the more she seems to appreciate a man who will treat her decently, not lie to her, someone who can and will have a conversation. Yes, I’m sure she would rather date George Clooney in preference to Danny DeVito, but she is much more likely to settle for someone honest and real.

^^^Thank you, Henry, for stating it from a man’s experience! Women who say such things tend not to be believed. May I replace “older” with “more mature”? Maturity doesn’t always correlate with age. …

“The more mature a woman is, the more she seems to appreciate a man who will treat her decently, not lie to her, someone who can and will have a conversation.”

Those of us seeking a long-term relationship would add a few qualities, such as the ability to love and an openness to commitment (not necessarily marriage), but those things appear later in dating. In the beginning, it’s just as you’ve said.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1035
Posted: 3/8/2017 4:33:37 PM
I too believe the more mature a woman gets--regardless of age--the less she focuses on the superficial, and the more she focused on the things that matter, like being treated well. I suspect men do as well, but I don't date them so I don't know for sure. If that's true, and in an area where there are an equal number of good men and woman, I suspect they meet easily enough thru friends or church or work or social activities, and don't have a reason to go back into the singles market again.

Maybe its b/c I live out in the countryside than the city, but the singles I meet tend to talk about the jerks they find. Women who are a good catch, find good catches, and they aren't serial monogamous types moving from relationship to relationship. They find someone good, they tend to stick with that person.

that probably sounds cynical, eh? :) But I suspect a lady wishes for an attractive man who treats her well, to be her bf and other men to treat her well to be her friends. Or its just my experience--I've had female friends throughout the ages who commented me on how I treated them, and I wasn't the one who wanted to be just friends. But women who were interested, yes, they were interested almost regardless of the distance they lived away from me or other factors. Or maybe I feel that a woman who wants to share a restaurant table is just a friend when that's all she wants to share. My parents used to say I was dating according to their 1950's standards, but in my mind, that's just platonic intimacy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1036
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:13:54 PM
You get beat up because you act and typed like OLD WIDOWS have FA ... so they would be happy to have someone with their own teeth. Unless you stealing someone else's dentures whos teeth do you have?
I don't like when ppl are condensing
Young guy - hey you look hot for your age - bugger off Johnny come in 2 minutes
Old Guy - Hey I have 2 houses and a sports car - bugger off old man who needs duct tape and sticks to stay hard
Fat guy - Hey I can give you the World - bugger off big man who will drown me in sweat
See?
Doesn't sound nice
And Henry - no my standards haven't changed as I have aged
Treating a woman well isn't anything to boast about, like Men who say " I have never been in Prison" er, huh?
 gtomustang
Msg: 1037
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:45:44 AM
yes, i'm teasing when I type about "old broads" and such, some laugh at their age and others do not, I should put the emoticon behind it to signify it, but ladies say they hate those things. I also joke about getting beat up by the same ladies, which was the reference to the playground. I figured the fellows here who bang heads with me in other matters would have jumped all over that in glee (hey i'm capable of offering a straight line, too), but I guess they don't come here :) Kids actually did pick on me back in the day, and no one was rushing to my aid, but I learned to laugh at it. Some like teasing humor, others do not, I've known all my life I tickle some and annoy others. A while back a female posted about not getting any guy's attention, so I flirted and she ignored it but the next guy did and she acknowledged it. Some like me, some ignore me.

Like Lincoln said, only some of the people can be amused some of the time. We're all different, we're all seeking out different things. I do understand, there are male posters here who are ALWAYS misogynist (I won't name their names, but according to emails I get, they're pretty obvious). and SOMETIMES, they raise a salient point. We're not all angels, women aren't always made up of sugar and spice and not all men are made up of snails and puppydog tails. It would be nice if my corners were rounded off and I was everything to everyone, but then someone would complain I didn't stand up against anything. We just can't please everyone :)

but I understand that's part of why I don't get dates. If I was normal, average, under the bell curve, chasing the fads, etc, I might have a better chance. I do my own thing, and like others who do that, I tend to do it alone. that's not the place to go looking for dates and friends :)

I guess if a young hottie told me I was young for my age, i'd take it as a compliment. unless she had a real tone to her voice, and then i'd tease her back. some women love to test a guy to see if he's even-tempered. I've met a few. If an older woman came on to me, i'm not going to bring up her potential for vaginal dryness, i'd like to consider her as package and capable of many other things. I've had younger and older women come onto me, and I tried to handle it as gracefully as I could, if I looked into the potential of the relationship and could see it going nowhere. and that's probably another thing that gets in the way of my relationships :)

I don't go spur-of-the-moment, led by the smaller head. I figure out what type of person is hitting on me, what I think they're looking for, do I want to go there. I likely avoid drama doing that, but i'm probably alone as a result. I can look at friends who have far more dates, and wish I was like that, but in reality they have a lot more drama and that's the part I don't want. I mean, there's taking a chance, and there's "Asking for it" :)

There's posters here I take w/ a grain of salt, b/c I've read their stuff in the past. I may debate what they're saying when its fun to do so. I suspect everyone does the same with me--I've been here long enough for people to know me :) I have to agree with the last line, treating a woman well shouldn't be an unusual thing, except once you listen to all the stories, and then you're surprised that it doesn't happen as often as it should. I see a lot of profiles of women saying they want a man to treat them well, act like a gentleman, etc. apparently, it doesn't happen often enough from the man's end, and these women are dating these guys, so apparently they'll accept that behavior from an attractive guy. maybe they don't like the behavior, they just want a guy to win over, a rough edge to sand down, not sure what the ultimate goal is.

some people haven't changed their standards b/c they got it right the first time. others haven't changed their standards b/c they can still get away with the behaviors they had as a kid. I know a few "broads" :) still living the Barbie lifestyle as tho a wiggle of their ass still makes the boys run to help. or maybe they're just stuck in a pattern they taught themselves. some people change, b/c their life has.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1038
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:20:33 AM

It works both ways. Men want women with good qualities as well. I don't know any guy who says: "I'm after a woman who lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, who is just after my money, and who can't be trusted."
 ohenryx
Msg: 1039
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:47:15 AM

Ouija2025
And Henry - no my standards haven't changed as I have aged
Treating a woman well isn't anything to boast about, like Men who say " I have never been in Prison" er, huh?

Ouija, we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe that treating women well IS something to boast about.

Maleman999
I don't know any guy who says: "I'm after a woman who lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, who is just after my money, and who can't be trusted."

Ahh, but do you know any man who will say, “I’m after a woman who is drop dead gorgeous, and great in the sack. And I don’t care if she lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, is just after my money, and can't be trusted."

Does that sound more familiar? I suspect it does.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 1040
Posted: 3/9/2017 10:12:51 AM
"“I’m after a woman who is drop dead gorgeous, and great in the sack. And I don’t care if she lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, is just after my money, and can't be trusted."

I have NEVER heard any guy SAY this.

HOWEVER....

I know guys who PUT UP with women longer than they should because they don't want to give up their " Holy Grail/Golden Goose/Once in a lifetime trophy woman "
 gtomustang
Msg: 1041
Posted: 3/9/2017 2:06:29 PM
my father used to tell me as a kid, "People will say whatever they WANT. But they'll find the time to do what they NEED."

a longer version of, "actions speak louder than words" or "talk is cheap" or "When all is said and done, more got said than done." I know plenty of men who say they want a hottie, and some may even give up on whether or not she's good in bed. They won't have the guts to confess the second sentence, but the fact is, their actions say everything.

on a side note, its amazing we are the animals that communicate better than any other animal, and we waste it on BSing around :)
 Maleman999
Msg: 1042
Posted: 3/9/2017 3:02:13 PM

"“I’m after a woman who is drop dead gorgeous, and great in the sack. And I don’t care if she lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, is just after my money, and can't be trusted."

I have NEVER heard any guy SAY this.

I agree with never hearing a guy saying he will sacrifice his self dignity and self worth for a hottie. The problem is at some point, there has to be a relationship outside of the bedroom, where other life issues are dealt with. If a guy is with a Queen Biatch, it never ends up like a happy fairy tale ending.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1043
Posted: 3/9/2017 5:10:35 PM
OH, you are supposed to treat everyone well.. so yea it is boasting. Like the guys who think holding a door open is like WOW. Why wouldn't you hold the door for someone?
F no I am not going to agree to disagree... if one is such a bore they don't possess common freaking courtesy then dating less of their concerns
Like saying " I have never killed someone didn't deserve it" Huh
Big deal, I don't understand why ppl think common manners is like Stellar
Raised by wolves maybe, No, wolves have manners
 forumslady
Msg: 1044
Posted: 3/9/2017 5:53:15 PM
ladyinred0407- "The older a woman gets, the more she seems to appreciate a man who will treat her decently, not lie to her, someone who can and will have a conversation."

"!Hallelujah! Amen! "

Yes, Lord, Yes!
I think I just had a flash back to my days in the Southern Baptist faith, lol. :D (sorry, couldn't resist)

What were we talking about?

Oh, yeah........With ALL seriousness, old or not, the above description, IF I EVER find it, would NOT be "settling" to me, but indeed, MY idea of heaven! (ok, ok, MAYBE it wouldn't hurt too much if he was good looking, shoot me :D) ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1045
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:13:39 PM
I have been looking in all the nicest places
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1046
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:16:47 PM
For Forumslady
..........Southern Baptist faith,

Just a side note. There was a quiz in Facebook. "If you can name 10 of 15, "Southern Baptist hymns",
you most likely are "Southern Baptist". Took the quiz. Nailed it at 15. LOL I'm not southern OR Baptist!

Now, what was the topic?
 forumslady
Msg: 1047
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:50:03 PM
ladyinred0407- Oh, REALLY?!
Well, you KNOW I have to go take this test now.
Give me a second...........

Dang it!
I only got 10 out of 15. :o
I guess I've fallen from grace, or is it grace that saves me?
It was grace that found me, so can I blame grace for being forgetful?

What were we talking about?

Wrinkles? Chores? Baptists? Quizzes? Oh, NOW I remember, Baldness.

But, Do only men go bald? Isn't there a hair club for women?

Lord have mercy, I sure hope God doesn't strike me dead for joking, then I couldn't dance anymore and we all know what a shame THAT would be. :D :D
 grover14
Msg: 1048
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:01:04 AM
Well, we got a ways off topic.

At my age, 63, the chances of finding ms right are pretty thin. But I keep hoping. I am a gentleman, have morals, go to church, treat a lady like a lady, and try to live by the golden rule. I think alot of that is how you were raised. Of course, I try to find someone with similar values.

Back on topic, 5 degrees here this morning, nice to have hair for warmth. Still miss my morning headshave. Not used to seeing that old guy with the white hair in the mirror! Have a great weekend, everyone.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1049
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:41:33 AM

Like saying " I have never killed someone didn't deserve it" Huh

Yeahbut,
Who among us can say someone is alive simply because we didn't want to go to prison?
*snort*

I agree with ouija...common courtesies and manners should be expected, and points should
not be collected for having them.

On the other hand, points certainly off if you don't have them.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 1050
Posted: 3/10/2017 12:15:17 PM
Would a loss of all libido kill any reason to live?

Do pretty women fart?

Do snakes have testicles?
 gtomustang
Msg: 1051
Posted: 3/10/2017 3:40:05 PM
I figure having manners is like having intelligence. you shouldn't boast about it. but both are unfortunately rare in this society of ours', judging by the amount of profiles asking for both (and yes, sometimes with misspellings :) ). So if someone's looking for something, I guess I should mention I have what they're looking for. But there's a distance between doing something that comes natural, and waiting for applause when you've done it. and i'll confess, when I unlock a car door for a lady, I do notice if she reaches over to unlock mine or not. I have the habit, but I have a friend who's too busy with her cellphone to have the habit. but she has a nice figure and long hair, so there it is :)

Boorish behavior sucks, but we all see a bunch of it here, and we still come back to debate with them :) We're all getting something out of it, even tho we'll never meet in person.

I think we seek people who make us feel comfortable about how we live our own lives, and avoid those who make us question how we live our lives. We may not like someone we think is rude, but if we're rude ourselves...what's our definition of rude? I also find, we have no problem meeting a nice person and having them for a friend. having someone as a sex partner, however, is probably not as easy in comparison. oh, for some people, yes :) but I mean for us "nice" people. we probably only sleep with one friend at a time.

FL, I've stood behind behind some petite older ladies with thinning hair. reminded me of my old "pin cushion" brush I no longer need, being able to see their scalp so easily.

Grover, I get what you mean about the hair, its so windy right now I can hear it over the news as I type this. and I was never a hat fellow. but when you don't shave it smooth, you put on a watchcap and the stubble is like Velcro.

do snakes have rollers? Only the Cobra Jets :) (car reference). and pretty women only "vent their turbulence". just like they don't sweat, they glow with perspiration. Pretty women live a different way, b/c they can.
 forumslady
Msg: 1052
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:17:06 AM
gtomustang- "FL, I've stood behind behind some petite older ladies with thinning hair. reminded me of my old "pin cushion" brush I no longer need, being able to see their scalp so easily."
Believe it or not, in what seems like another life, before I was a nurse, I did hair. :o
I hated that.
You would NOT believe the things people would ask with a straight face.
I thought about putting up a sign that said "I'm a hair dresser, not a magician." :D :D
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1053
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:39:33 AM
Friend and I were talking about how manners have gone the way of the Dodo.
Coffee place here that I seldom go to, has a contest.. I won a free cup o coffee. Gave it to an elderly lady waiting in line for hers.
Guess what she said?
FA LOL
Thought bubble was give it back you old bat
People just walk in front of you without saying excuse me, sail through doors you hold, etc.
Manners are free. Everyone can show them off
well except for the old biddy at Tim Hortons.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >