Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 1039
view profile
History
what's a bun with a hole in it? a donut? that must be crullerPage 46 of 47    (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47)

Ouija2025
And Henry - no my standards haven't changed as I have aged
Treating a woman well isn't anything to boast about, like Men who say " I have never been in Prison" er, huh?

Ouija, we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe that treating women well IS something to boast about.

Maleman999
I don't know any guy who says: "I'm after a woman who lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, who is just after my money, and who can't be trusted."

Ahh, but do you know any man who will say, “I’m after a woman who is drop dead gorgeous, and great in the sack. And I don’t care if she lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, is just after my money, and can't be trusted."

Does that sound more familiar? I suspect it does.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 1040
what's a bun with a hole in it? a donut? that must be cruller
Posted: 3/9/2017 10:12:51 AM
"“I’m after a woman who is drop dead gorgeous, and great in the sack. And I don’t care if she lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, is just after my money, and can't be trusted."

I have NEVER heard any guy SAY this.

HOWEVER....

I know guys who PUT UP with women longer than they should because they don't want to give up their " Holy Grail/Golden Goose/Once in a lifetime trophy woman "
 gtomustang
Msg: 1041
Posted: 3/9/2017 2:06:29 PM
my father used to tell me as a kid, "People will say whatever they WANT. But they'll find the time to do what they NEED."

a longer version of, "actions speak louder than words" or "talk is cheap" or "When all is said and done, more got said than done." I know plenty of men who say they want a hottie, and some may even give up on whether or not she's good in bed. They won't have the guts to confess the second sentence, but the fact is, their actions say everything.

on a side note, its amazing we are the animals that communicate better than any other animal, and we waste it on BSing around :)
 Maleman999
Msg: 1042
Posted: 3/9/2017 3:02:13 PM

"“I’m after a woman who is drop dead gorgeous, and great in the sack. And I don’t care if she lies to me all of the time, treats me like dirt, is just after my money, and can't be trusted."

I have NEVER heard any guy SAY this.

I agree with never hearing a guy saying he will sacrifice his self dignity and self worth for a hottie. The problem is at some point, there has to be a relationship outside of the bedroom, where other life issues are dealt with. If a guy is with a Queen Biatch, it never ends up like a happy fairy tale ending.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1043
Posted: 3/9/2017 5:10:35 PM
OH, you are supposed to treat everyone well.. so yea it is boasting. Like the guys who think holding a door open is like WOW. Why wouldn't you hold the door for someone?
F no I am not going to agree to disagree... if one is such a bore they don't possess common freaking courtesy then dating less of their concerns
Like saying " I have never killed someone didn't deserve it" Huh
Big deal, I don't understand why ppl think common manners is like Stellar
Raised by wolves maybe, No, wolves have manners
 forumslady
Msg: 1044
Posted: 3/9/2017 5:53:15 PM
ladyinred0407- "The older a woman gets, the more she seems to appreciate a man who will treat her decently, not lie to her, someone who can and will have a conversation."

"!Hallelujah! Amen! "

Yes, Lord, Yes!
I think I just had a flash back to my days in the Southern Baptist faith, lol. :D (sorry, couldn't resist)

What were we talking about?

Oh, yeah........With ALL seriousness, old or not, the above description, IF I EVER find it, would NOT be "settling" to me, but indeed, MY idea of heaven! (ok, ok, MAYBE it wouldn't hurt too much if he was good looking, shoot me :D) ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1045
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:13:39 PM
I have been looking in all the nicest places
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1046
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:16:47 PM
For Forumslady
..........Southern Baptist faith,

Just a side note. There was a quiz in Facebook. "If you can name 10 of 15, "Southern Baptist hymns",
you most likely are "Southern Baptist". Took the quiz. Nailed it at 15. LOL I'm not southern OR Baptist!

Now, what was the topic?
 forumslady
Msg: 1047
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:50:03 PM
ladyinred0407- Oh, REALLY?!
Well, you KNOW I have to go take this test now.
Give me a second...........

Dang it!
I only got 10 out of 15. :o
I guess I've fallen from grace, or is it grace that saves me?
It was grace that found me, so can I blame grace for being forgetful?

What were we talking about?

Wrinkles? Chores? Baptists? Quizzes? Oh, NOW I remember, Baldness.

But, Do only men go bald? Isn't there a hair club for women?

Lord have mercy, I sure hope God doesn't strike me dead for joking, then I couldn't dance anymore and we all know what a shame THAT would be. :D :D
 grover14
Msg: 1048
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:01:04 AM
Well, we got a ways off topic.

At my age, 63, the chances of finding ms right are pretty thin. But I keep hoping. I am a gentleman, have morals, go to church, treat a lady like a lady, and try to live by the golden rule. I think alot of that is how you were raised. Of course, I try to find someone with similar values.

Back on topic, 5 degrees here this morning, nice to have hair for warmth. Still miss my morning headshave. Not used to seeing that old guy with the white hair in the mirror! Have a great weekend, everyone.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1049
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:41:33 AM

Like saying " I have never killed someone didn't deserve it" Huh

Yeahbut,
Who among us can say someone is alive simply because we didn't want to go to prison?
*snort*

I agree with ouija...common courtesies and manners should be expected, and points should
not be collected for having them.

On the other hand, points certainly off if you don't have them.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 1050
Posted: 3/10/2017 12:15:17 PM
Would a loss of all libido kill any reason to live?

Do pretty women fart?

Do snakes have testicles?
 gtomustang
Msg: 1051
Posted: 3/10/2017 3:40:05 PM
I figure having manners is like having intelligence. you shouldn't boast about it. but both are unfortunately rare in this society of ours', judging by the amount of profiles asking for both (and yes, sometimes with misspellings :) ). So if someone's looking for something, I guess I should mention I have what they're looking for. But there's a distance between doing something that comes natural, and waiting for applause when you've done it. and i'll confess, when I unlock a car door for a lady, I do notice if she reaches over to unlock mine or not. I have the habit, but I have a friend who's too busy with her cellphone to have the habit. but she has a nice figure and long hair, so there it is :)

Boorish behavior sucks, but we all see a bunch of it here, and we still come back to debate with them :) We're all getting something out of it, even tho we'll never meet in person.

I think we seek people who make us feel comfortable about how we live our own lives, and avoid those who make us question how we live our lives. We may not like someone we think is rude, but if we're rude ourselves...what's our definition of rude? I also find, we have no problem meeting a nice person and having them for a friend. having someone as a sex partner, however, is probably not as easy in comparison. oh, for some people, yes :) but I mean for us "nice" people. we probably only sleep with one friend at a time.

FL, I've stood behind behind some petite older ladies with thinning hair. reminded me of my old "pin cushion" brush I no longer need, being able to see their scalp so easily.

Grover, I get what you mean about the hair, its so windy right now I can hear it over the news as I type this. and I was never a hat fellow. but when you don't shave it smooth, you put on a watchcap and the stubble is like Velcro.

do snakes have rollers? Only the Cobra Jets :) (car reference). and pretty women only "vent their turbulence". just like they don't sweat, they glow with perspiration. Pretty women live a different way, b/c they can.
 forumslady
Msg: 1052
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:17:06 AM
gtomustang- "FL, I've stood behind behind some petite older ladies with thinning hair. reminded me of my old "pin cushion" brush I no longer need, being able to see their scalp so easily."
Believe it or not, in what seems like another life, before I was a nurse, I did hair. :o
I hated that.
You would NOT believe the things people would ask with a straight face.
I thought about putting up a sign that said "I'm a hair dresser, not a magician." :D :D
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1053
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:39:33 AM
Friend and I were talking about how manners have gone the way of the Dodo.
Coffee place here that I seldom go to, has a contest.. I won a free cup o coffee. Gave it to an elderly lady waiting in line for hers.
Guess what she said?
FA LOL
Thought bubble was give it back you old bat
People just walk in front of you without saying excuse me, sail through doors you hold, etc.
Manners are free. Everyone can show them off
well except for the old biddy at Tim Hortons.
 grover14
Msg: 1054
view profile
History
Bald guys
Posted: 3/11/2017 12:21:37 PM
Yes, forumslady, guys today don't have to do the combover, skullet, or donut. They just go for the cueball. Men have been liberated! It's a best kept secret how great it is to sport a bald head.
 forumslady
Msg: 1055
Bald guys
Posted: 3/11/2017 8:03:38 PM
grover14- Thank GOD!
When I was in high school (we won't talk about how long ago THAT was :D). There was this male teacher that had a toupee that was legendary.
I kid you not, We would NOT have been shocked had the thing stood up and crawled off on it''s own. :D
I swear, I'm not making fun, I've always been curious.......
What do you do when you get a tan and the top of your head doesn't match your face?
Spray tan? Self tanner? Wait until the top matches your face?
No matter what, I am SO glad MOST men finally figured out bald is better AND sexy! ;)
 grover14
Msg: 1056
view profile
History
Bald guys
Posted: 3/12/2017 7:59:43 AM
Forumslady, when I first shaved my head, it only took a few days for my head to catch up with my face. And I get really tan. I'll change my photo so you can see me bald. I'm just trying to decide when to shave it all off again, takes off 10 years without the white hair!
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 1057
Bald guys
Posted: 3/14/2017 9:04:01 AM
Good for Grover he's able to tan the top of his head.

I can't put sunscreen on top of my head because it would drip into my eyes. A hat is typical protection from the sun (some people wrongly claim bald men wear hats because they are hiding the baldness as if it's bad. Wrong! I wear a cap outside to shield my eyelids from the sun and to protect skin from the sun).

Without a hat, the top of my head burns quickly. Once my head turned lobster red after being in an outside swimming pool. Once a work company picnic didn't reserve the shelter, so we were at picnic tables unprotected from the sun, and I didn't bring a hat to work. Ouch!

Some people consider tan lines sexy. Girls remarked about the top of my head being red. Normally the top of my head is ultra pale. Seeing a lighter portion of the body that's been sheltered from the sun can be special.

Some of my caps are mesh, so there might be a subtle pattern.
 grover14
Msg: 1058
view profile
History
Bald guys
Posted: 3/14/2017 9:10:48 AM
I seldom wear a hat. I tan pretty easy, so I hardly ever wore sunscreen, but I do use it on my head if I'm going to be in the sun alot. Nothing worse than a sunburned bald head!

I think a tanned head looks awesome. I also make my own lotion that puts a great shine on it. A very healthy look.
 deetristate
Msg: 1059
Bald guys
Posted: 3/14/2017 12:24:20 PM
That guy who plays Sherlock Holmes on TV.

It is hard to believe that there is prejudice against a guy JUST because he is bald.
It must have something to do with the package, not the baldness.
 grover14
Msg: 1060
view profile
History
Bald guys
Posted: 3/15/2017 11:03:22 AM
Not sure who that guy is, Dee, but on this site, I bet 50 to 75 percent of women see my photo, and pass it up. It's not prejudice, just preference. And that's ok, these singles sites are visual first. We all scan through photos, then read if any attraction is there. Personally, I don't want a gal to read my profile and think, sounds like a great guy, but I don't like bald heads, then contact me. I'll wait for the 1 in 4 that know it's what's in the head, not what's on it. Extra points if she thinks shaved heads are sexy!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >