Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > bald guys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 treasured
Msg: 101
bald guysPage 5 of 47    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
bald is different from shaved. Doesn't change whether the man is date-able. Just a distinction.
 hdgal51
Msg: 102
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:49:21 AM
I've dated several bald men, and have no problem with it. But there are times when they look better completely shaved. That is a huge turn on, for me at least.
 hdgal51
Msg: 103
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:52:11 AM
Not everyone can afford those procedures. Besides, I thought we were supposed to accept people the way they are...not try to change them.
 Iascaireachta_arís
Msg: 104
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 12:10:00 PM

Yep. Bald is really no issue. Liars, however..........

Couldn't agree more. And those that can only talk or email when they have been drinking...because then they don't remember what they say...which gets them out of lying...

A great heart, good looking, sober bald man...my pick any day
 Onelove4meonly
Msg: 105
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 2:09:12 PM

LOL. I've noticed that ALL balding guys are now shaving their heads down to shiny q-tips. It's so obvious that they're bald or balding and have no choice BUT to do it. To me, there's absolutely nothing less attractive.

Well I guess we can't win them all. Pretty much like your personality..."there's absolutely nothing less attractive".

Have a nice day.
 Her1963
Msg: 106
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 5:43:39 PM
I've dated a couple of men that were bald, or balding so they shaved it off regularly. It was a non-issue for me. But, it was more about who they were and how I felt around them, than it was about the hair. To me, if a man is bald, he is probably extremely confident in who he is, which is attractive in itself. But, had they had the comb-over, or bad hair piece I would not have even looked more than once.
 forumfishie
Msg: 107
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 7:08:19 PM
I went out with a bald guy
he had a HUGE issue with him being bald
He asked me what I thought about men "who had no hair in their heads" that's how he asked me .
I said he looked good and I had no problem with bald men

He got offended and said he wasn't bald, he SHAVED his head!!!
I said, OK, whatever, it looks good.

You could tell even when he was shaving his head, he was too bald, the receding hair line shadow was almost all the way to the back.

He told me it amazed him how people don't know the difference between bald and shaved

I said ,in any case there is no hair in your head, so does it really matter, why or how it got that way? I already told you TWICE it looks GOOD on you.

he just lost it!

He went on and on saying how unfair that was of ME to say that
How women could have plastic surgeries and fake boobs and walk around with pouty fake lips looking like freaks and nobody says anything bad about them(really??:-) he even pointed at one woman who had breast implants next to us
but bald men got discriminated against on a daily basis.
This is one more case of a double standard and how unfair is to be a man in America, he said.

I let him talk and finished my coffee (thank GOD for coffee meetings) and I excused myself.

I wanted to do like Elaine from Seinfeld did to George Constanza before I left
Come really close to his face, and say YOU ARE BALD!!!!

But I didn't I just left

Fortunately this issue and the being short
it really depends on the guy
If he doesn't have a probelm with it, I don't either.

But in this case, this guy was such an a$$ ho le even his hair had ran away from him
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 9:47:56 PM
Ive tried looking in the mirror MANY times & can not even begin to accept how i would look without my hair. Yet....many woman would probably prefer the bald look, & realistically maybe it would improve my odds of landing the one i want........But do i wanna look in the mirror & see someone who looks like an egg-head? not really. Ive had a High hairline & then a receeding hairline since i was in my late teens early 20s. Its part of life. When i look in the mirror & cant stand my hair,i will reach for the shaver
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 9:49:32 PM
a lotta times, a woman can improve confidence. its a lose lose situation lol
 Tunguska2010
Msg: 110
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:30:59 PM
For a few years a while back I would totally shave my head during the summer months so I would stay cooler during my training rides for bicycle racing. I noticed that the women I attracted were different. There seemed to be a certain % of women who preferred myself and/or other guys bald. It was a turn-on to them. I liked it because it made me feel at least 10 degrees cooler and I didn't have to think about or pay money to have it cut. One unexpected downside was that black people didn't/wouldn't look at or talk to me. If it didn't make any difference to so many women, I would keep it shaved all the time. I like the feel and the temperature drop.... and it's a feeling you have to try once in your life... it's so cool!
 Gastro Man
Msg: 111
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/8/2011 12:17:08 AM

Being over 45, a lot more men are bald/balding. Does that change women's views on dating a bald guy? Maybe you would now, even though you wouldn't before?

Just wondering if the ladies' perspective has changed, or if it is a non-factor. Non-factor as long as it isn't a comb over!!! lol

Considering that a clean shaven bald head is the STYLE, I'm having a hard time understanding how women could still have a problem with it. I'm 45 and have a full head of hair, yet I choose to keep it low cut. I understand that some women are just into long hair, but having something AGAINST it in this day and age would seem ridiculous, as MANY men now choose that s their hairstyle. Male pattern baldness caught a HUGE break within the past decade!
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 112
bald guys
Posted: 8/8/2011 12:23:23 AM

Considering that a clean shaven bald head is the STYLE, I'm having a hard time understanding how women could still have a problem with it. I'm 45 and have a full head of hair, yet I choose to keep it low cut. I understand that some women are just into long hair, but having something AGAINST it in this day and age would seem ridiculous, as MANY men now choose that s their hairstyle. Male pattern baldness caught a HUGE break within the past decade!
If you read many of the posts in this thread, you will see that most women are not against baldness and many find it attractive. It seems to be that men feel insecure about it but without much reason.
 daffie
Msg: 113
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/8/2011 5:12:27 AM
being or going bald is not an issue when i meet a man.
i'm more interested in his personality and general "niceness"...and sex appeal!

i do think if a guy has thinning, wispy hair he would look a hell of a lot better with it either cut really short...a buzz cut...or a shaved head.

why don't you try it?...(you know who you are)...
 4utigeress
Msg: 114
bald guys
Posted: 8/8/2011 2:51:21 PM
bald is very cool , now balding umm na . i dont know why but within the last yr of choosen a bald guy over one with hair !but lets not get confused with bald spot , in that case just shave it off
 ronnie12398
Msg: 115
bald guys
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:09:19 PM
not for me bald or silver hair or long hair do not care. I do not go for that i like men that are up front and caring. And honest. I would rather have a fat bald guy who is honest then a man with lots of hair and fit that lies./
 Iascaireachta_arís
Msg: 116
bald guys
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:23:02 PM

When i look in the mirror & cant stand my hair,i will reach for the shaver

Me too! I have threatened to MANY times...wouldn't have to worry about any more "bad hair days" The money I would save on shampoo, conditioner, trims...the time I would save on drying, detangling, styling...
 pebblesinastream
Msg: 117
bald guys
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:49:16 PM
i,m going thin on top,and been for quite a few coffee dates and been knocked bac for that reason, but i keep trying till i find one who doesnt mind it, somep eople are just calous.doesnt really worry me.
 ixian
Msg: 118
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 5:15:24 AM
Bald men are genetically inferior. Women know this because they are simple creatures whose only real desire in life is to breed children. They don't want their boy-children to get male pattern baldness at the age of 30.

The Alpha Male has a full head of hair (like me) and grows it to show superiority over the beta baldie males who are less genetically perfect breeding stock. It won't help to shave your head: everyone can see where your few remaining follicles are and everyone will suspect you're some EDL hooligan. Best bet is to cut your head off.

ProcolHarem
Msg: 119
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 8:52:12 AM

Bald men are genetically inferior.

Eh...we're just more evolved is all.
Being generations further along the evolution scale from the apes.
 Mizredt2
Msg: 120
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 10:02:16 AM
I find myself attracted to bald/shaved men. Don't know why that is, but it is. I'm more into what's on the inside anyway. I realize men who are bald/balding would much rather have a head full of hair, but to me it doesn't matter. Besides- I don't want to date a man who uses more hair product than I do. javascript:smilie('')
 Tunguska2010
Msg: 121
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 12:35:58 PM
Women, liberate yourselves! Shave your head today! Join us men in unity!
 jkdopejpf
Msg: 122
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:08:03 PM
There are some really sexy bald guys out there. A good personality will take u far wit us ladies.
 jkdopejpf
Msg: 123
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:09:44 PM
sorry for the typo.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 124
view profile
History
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:25:04 PM

Women, liberate yourselves! Shave your head today! Join us men in unity!

I agree that having no hair is extremely liberating. When I lost mine, I never felt so free and unencumbered. No more bad hair days or spending time on styling. I enjoyed my "baldness" because for me, it meant no pretense. A quick scrub of the scalp with baby shampoo and I was good to go.
 Brian091960
Msg: 125
bald guys
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:03:07 PM
Yikes, this is the one thing I don't like, losing it on top. If I let my hair grow a little I start looking like Larry Fine. Thing is I'm just as much of a dope as he is.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > bald guys