Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Gettting no where with this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lokezter2011
Msg: 26
Gettting no where with this site?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
hows your game/interaction with chicks on here

you focusing too much on the outter..

post a sample of your conversation on here

try making fun of 20 women a day, not insulting but joke with them, i bet you'll get diff response.
 lokezter2011
Msg: 27
Gettting no where with this site?
Posted: 8/17/2011 12:38:26 AM
pics are important.. pick a celebrity you closely resemble and go for that. I know that sounds stupid but that's how damn superficial it is out there - the pics i got on right now don't pull anything.

Stupid doesn't quite cover it. It sounds like a major rule violation that could result in your profile being removed from the system. Please do NOT upload photos that are not of you.

its all a game

btw / this is from hours and hours of trial and error .

gotta ask yourself..

conform?

or less chicks.

when you take photos, try to look like brad pitt. sounds stupid but first thing a chick sees is your main pic, and most of the time she' sjust gonna skip it if yo don't look model worthy.

think brad pitt.

hmm I think thats it for now. btw im not model worhty as you can see, i've taken good photos in the past and noticed a HUGE difference when you try to look like any other hollywood prettty boy homo - i gues thats what cali girls want, 'pretty boys'

not my style

thats it all for now. LOL.
 Rain587
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/17/2011 2:51:58 PM
Golfcoast: you leave a lot to learn. What probably will scare some women are the words spoken, however, no changes are necessary since the woman will need to accept you and not try to change you. Not every woman knows psephology is Political Science. I knew because of my education. For you just saying, "I'm into politics" isn't enough. I mean that in a nice way, Golfcoast.

Activities are: sailing, travel, art, reading, movies....not too much listed at all.

A contrast: looking for long term. Long term what since the profile also states, "No relationship or commitment".

Add a few pictures as yourself. Not to sell yourself. Have one of you sailing or golfing? Add it. You need a face pic. The side is nice. You look happy, serene, in thought.

My profile leaves a lot to be critic'd. Especially photos. But I will be the one to decide what I put up soon.

OP just change your profile to positive.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/17/2011 3:33:10 PM
If POF was a movie, Golfcoast would be played by Clint Eastwood, he has that loner thing going on, a man who says a lot with few words. The same kind of squinty-eyed character that made Eastwood famous.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/17/2011 7:07:51 PM
LOL Sighs ^5 I had an unusual encounter with Clint, or someone close to Clint many years ago. For me it is the source of hours of stories, for Clint I'm sure it's a snarl and lip curl long forgotten.

I'm really not in the pond these days, I've been dating a lovely Brazilian gal who accepts me probably because she has the advantage of not understanding about 90% of what I say but her English is improving and there is always a possibility I'll once again be thrown into the cold cruel dating pool again. Our communication is simple and without room for serious miscommunication since I am all guy i.e., have simple needs, and she has an uncomplicated nature that I love.
 FNADude
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/18/2011 4:25:42 PM
Didn't read any of the previous post so ...

first of all go back to your profile and take out all the negative stuff. Make your profile pleasant to read. After that it's all about the pictures

Try new primary pics often. Ask your girl friends at work which one they like. I promise you ..... with a good pic your profile could be blank and you will still get emails.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/18/2011 4:52:35 PM
Mz it was all of the above. The details are gossipy and will be in my memoirs send $19.95 for an advance copy lol)

And thank you for the kind words (I think:). It's a strange thing, matches. We are probably socialized by movies and TV and our parents to imagine it has one and only one form. Then we watch foreign movies and see other possibilities. Then we meet other people find it easier to invent new possibilities.
 87Mippy
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/19/2011 4:20:28 AM
Well I see many things wrong with this message...
desperate smiley for one, lol.
If your here for to get into a sexual encounter, there is a problem there...not many girls want that sort of thing and the ones that do probably have something that you can contract later and...yeah won't be pleasant.
It's gonna take longer than a month to be interested or get interested in...so be patient ...cause its a virtue...
And we can smell the desperation ...try something a little more ...well less desperate and something more you and real...
 msluvstreet
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/19/2011 9:52:16 PM
You seem like a sweet guy and all but...god this may sound harsh...like MZ said a while back, online dating should be an option...there are so many places to meet people outside of the internet, bar/club, etc. I cant even tell you how often I am approached at the bar by guys or get the same generic "Hey sexy" message from guys on here.

There is a whole world out there!! You can meet girls at the park, concerts, the beach...we live in CA! There are so many places to meet people...try getting more involved in something you are passionate about and maybe you will find someone that way.

I can usually tell if a guy is only into meeting girls online and to be honest, it's kind of a turn off....I don't want to date a guy who doesn't get out...you are an attractive guy, I'm sure you will find someone soon :)
 formatallan
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/22/2011 5:25:19 PM
this site is lame and stupid. there is something very wrong when an average guy can be alone for years, and never get messaged once on this site. while an average girl can get 100 messages in a week. the pendulam has swung way over to the female side. **** that. **** the stupid girls on this site. california girls are the worst. **** POF
 _aquagirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/22/2011 8:13:22 PM

There is a whole world out there!! You can meet girls at the park, concerts, the beach...we live in CA! There are so many places to meet people...try getting more involved in something you are passionate about and maybe you will find someone that way.

She's right Ya KNOW!
 markhos32
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/24/2011 2:18:44 PM
I think that our morals and values have change dramatically here in Califonira. I'm not sure if it is how we are raised or how we teach our selves. Do we take for granted most then others, I'm not sure. However, I have seen a lot of changes over the years as I get older and I think that it's hurting our society. Because of the changes that is accuring. This could also be a reason why whe look at people differently
 charismatic_enigma
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/24/2011 4:43:42 PM
The sad truth , at least my version of it, is that you can write something so good on your profile that the words would jump off the screen and rip through someone's rib cage and squeeze the breath out of their lungs. Something so painful, yet satisfying. A complete contradiction. But it won't matter. Even the few sentences in the message that took you minutes to write, won't matter. It's a numbers game, and the odds are in their favor. I've changed my profile several times to try and improve my chances to no avail. So I've left it with some nonsensical diatribe about how peanuts are denied love. Most messages I send are becoming nonsensical too. It's a miracle the human race breeds, let alone has become overpopulated. Then again, the world is full of idiots.
 markhos32
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/24/2011 5:11:56 PM
I agree, no matter how how many time you try to revise your profile. It's a sad thing when there are to many picky individuals.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/25/2011 9:17:14 AM
Don't feel bad, there are 20x men to women ratio on this and most dating sites so women are obscenely PICKY and demanding. Even more so than in real life. Just get out and meet people that helps me a lot. If I depended on POF for dates, I would get depressed mighty quick! I use it like an option- if I meet someone cool, thats all good, if not, the forums provide entertainment.
 sactowndude
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/25/2011 9:45:42 AM
It's a miracle the human race breeds, let alone has become overpopulated. Then again, the world is full of idiots.

Sadly I have come to the same conclusion. I see it everyday with horrible parents and the way they treat their kids. One of my favorite lines from a movie:
"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a$$hole be a father."

As for POF: it's just another tool to meet women, I'm mainly here now for the forums.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2011 2:54:07 PM
OP
you really should have a clear face shot (no helmet) as your main profile pic. Actually I think that's the rule

I've been dating a lovely Brazilian gal who accepts me probably because she has the advantage of not understanding about 90% of what I say but her English is improving and there is always a possibility I'll once again be thrown into the cold cruel dating pool again.

That's both funny and tragic ;) Hey you have one more lovely Brazilian girl then I do!
 someonehere2
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/25/2011 10:15:13 PM
Yes, it's hard. I've come to realize that you can't use online dating as a main way of meeting people. Just using online dating as another source, but mainly go outside and try to meet women. I've had the same issues. I've had women message me first, with basically just a "hi" or your profile seems "interesting" or something along those lines, the exact same thing women complain about men with their generic messages, yes hypocritical I know. Then you get a woman message you first, indicating that she really wants to get to know a guy in person, you try to find a connection and discuss something about her profile and suggest meeting in person to try to get to know each other better, and blam, she no longer messages you. But I'm sure it's the same with guys, you just have to weed through all that, but I don't recommend using a website as a main source for dating, because you probably won't get anywhere.

Also men and women are not that different. It's true. Some women will indicate on their profiles that they're looking for something meaningful, but it's all nonsense. Some women are not looking for a serious relationship, they only put it on their profile, because it makes a woman look bad to say she doesn't want something serious. In other words, women also lie on their profiles. Trust me, I know from personal experience, but I'm not going to discuss it here. You don't know someone, until you meet that person. Don't wait emailing back and forth for more than a week, because once you meet that person, it's completely different. You don't learn anything about anyone until you meet.
 Blackstarblah
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:01:21 PM
We have to come to the sad reality that we are ugly bro lol, sad truth. Ive gotten no where either.
 Blackstarblah
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:18:22 PM
Lol the above post made me crack up. A professional profile makeover
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:12:32 PM
^
I think the sentiment being expressed is that there are people with solid advice for those needing profile tips...such as yourself.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/12/2011 2:11:52 AM
Get a review and rework your profile.

Then check out the competition by logging out and clicking search. Then search as a woman looking for a man in your age range and area.

After the review and changes you will look much better than 99% of the profiles you see. If you look over the other guys profiles you soon realize it is a D-bag fest on here for women.

With a better profile and attitude you will get somewhere on here. If you have confidence and social skills it still will be nothing compared to heading out on the town and making an introduction.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:33:18 AM
Blackstar - You think it's funny that someone could rewrite your profile and help you become more popular? Is that any funnier than a guy who will "train" me to become more fit? Not everyone is good with words, you certainly are not.
It's not your age or your looks, trust me. It's your attitude. You don't know how to have FUN with women, and they can tell, so they stay away.
I wish I could sit with you for a few hours and show you, right before your eyes, how this works. I send messages to women, I hardly ever read profiles, and if they respond, we chat and have fun. That's it!! Tonite I was out with a really pretty woman at a dance club near you, as a matter of fact.
Hooking up with a good woman can change your life. It's nothing to trifle about.
I was going to wish you good luck, but the truth is that luck has nothing to do with it.
Get busy.
 Blackstarblah
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:27:56 AM
Im sure you were out on a "hot" date buddy. Then the cold breeze came through the window waking you up and wet the bed. the seriousness you guys put in this is laughable. To each their own i guess.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/12/2011 10:34:54 AM
Blackstar,, Would you care to put a thousand dollars on that question?
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Gettting no where with this site?