Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Gettting no where with this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Gettting no where with this site?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

the seriousness you guys put in this is laughable. To each their own i guess.

Laughable is someone thinking finding the right girl doesn't take effort.
 Blackstarblah
Msg: 52
Gettting no where with this site?
Posted: 11/12/2011 5:13:20 PM
Haha, you said my profile is bad? Youre a womans dream come true buddy. Someone who spends the whole day on forums. What a way to reel em in. Before you trash mine, make sure yours isnt embarrassingly worse.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:01:25 PM
Yes your profile could use a lot of work. Not as much as your general attitude though.

I spend a lot of time of this forum. What's your point? It's amazing how compatible mobile devices and laptops are with multitasking.

I was not trashing yours. Put it in a profile review forum and I might.

As for my profile. What's your point? Am I complaining and whining like you are? No I am not. Erroneous. When I do feel free to say that again...at that point it will have some weight.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/12/2011 10:37:32 PM
My suggestion to guys on POF who have had zero luck as I have had no luck for the most part, is to join a foreign dating site. If you know another language such as Spanish or Russian, even better. In fact, I've had tons of emails from ladies from South America and Russia since joining the other sites. Big difference from American dating sites. And um, no, they do not all want to leave their country for a green card/visa either.
 Blackstarblah
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:32:23 AM
You said my point over again. "i spend a lot of time on this forum" . Whats more to explain? I dont need to tell you that you have a sad online life. I also dont need to tell you that you have a worthless skill of "reviewing" peoples profiles so they can become online casanovas like yourself... Ahem. But yea buddy keep on truckin'. To each their own.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:41:36 AM
Getting your profile reviewed will help.

It will get looked over by many. Take their input with a grain of salt and make the changes that make sense to you.

Right now your profile seems about as Blah as the end of your username and your attitude in general.

I spend more time with my hobbies and socializing in real life than on the forums.

If you get anywhere or not on here or any other dating site is entirely your fault.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/13/2011 8:01:38 AM
Bimmer - The mail order bride business is alive and well, but take a ride to l.A. , half of the women here are Hispanic. Now cruise over to West Hollywood and there are thousands of Russians , and lots of pretty women from over there. You don't have to go to Moscow for a coffee date, they came here !!
As for our young apprentice, he has been with us for a whole week already, so he knows everything,,, Don't try to lead him to water, he doesn't want to drink.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:11:08 PM

You said my point over again. "i spend a lot of time on this forum" .

Okay..... I spend a lot of time on this forum. Is that supposed to mean something? Is this your attempt to say I have no social life or something? lol

Whats more to explain?

How about what my time on the forum and my profile has to do with your complaining and whining? Read my posts, notice I am not complaining about a lack of women. My profile is crap right now, I know this because I can write great profiles. That has zero bearing on your profile or my ability to give suggestions in a profile review.

I dont need to tell you that you have a sad online life.

My offline life is happier. You're right you didn't need to say that :)

I also dont need to tell you that you have a worthless skill of "reviewing" peoples profiles

Interesting. So you spend a lot of time on the forum reading my contributions eh? So what was your point again?? lol

so they can become online casanovas like yourself... Ahem. But yea buddy keep on truckin'.

I take time out of my day to give the help people ask for. And you act like a****ead. I think I will keep truckin that path indeed. Mine gets me dates.

To each their own.

Obviously.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/13/2011 4:37:10 PM
I think people should write on their own. You can pick and choose what to change or not with a review. You can take an idea someone else suggested and put it in your own words.

POF is a tough profile proving ground. If I can get results here I know from experience it will get much better results on a another site with the same profile.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/14/2011 12:36:40 PM
Gents - For all you rookies, let me clue ya: The POF season is ON as of now, until after the holidays end , after Val's day in mid-February.
Tune up your prose, show off your handsome and friendly smile, and GET YOUR HOOK IN THE WATER !!!
It doesn't get any better than this.. Women do NOT want to be alone at holidays, so let the social pressure work in your favor. I'm getting a lot of hits, and I'm sure it's not because of my looks.
I'm even getting hits from the East coast,, what the H is up with that? Things must be slow over there.
 wooliepack
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 11:01:00 PM
Your list of interests doesn't jump out as being especially chick-friendly.
 saddestangel7
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/23/2011 11:53:39 PM
I've been on here twice now and get virtually no emails and when I do its from kids wanting sex. The last baby simply said "too old for sex". Then just got more rude after that about what a stud he was at 22 and how I didn't know what a real man was.
I do so much better on other sites then here. This has been the dead zone. I'm not looking for a sex partner, my profile states that but that is all anyone is looking for anymore.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/24/2011 10:27:31 PM
After what I went through starting out on here I hate to say this because I know what it is like scratching your head over no responses but I will say it anyway. If you are getting no responses it is mostly your fault.

MX get a profile review. Start a review on the review thread. When I see it there I will give you some tips.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/25/2011 6:29:11 PM
Bro- don't feel bad, I've had the same rotten luck with this and other dating sites. Except for the Spanish only websites that is the ticket. Travel. In Latin America, you will be a rock star. I just use POF as another potential avenue to meet new people not as the only way.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/25/2011 10:20:38 PM
"you lack a "hook" to capture a woman's interest. "

Yeah like over 6'8" tall, pro NBA athlete, under 40, multi-billionaire, laundry list blah blah blah.

OR

Has dozen tattoos, ex-con with mile long rap sheet, deals drugs, biker with Harley, yadda yadda.

Go to another site like the Spanish and Russian dating sites and women just want a nice, decent guy that is not a drug addict. The difference is like night and day. More valid reasons American men need to travel and see the world.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:20:24 PM
I don't have a "formula". I just kept tweaking things from my profile to email until things changed.

The two most important things I have found were the main photo and your headline. Log out and search for you as a woman looking for a man to see your profile in results. Pay attention to how it all looks there. How the photo looks as a little thumbnail is important and a great headline to go with it will get them to click you and read the rest. No matter how good a profile you compose you need a good cover and title on the book if you will in order to get readers.

There are some good guides for photos on this forum but my recommendation is to pull up google and search for "4 big myths of profile pictures". It should be a blog from another dating site and actually some interesting social science about photos on sites like this.

I have been able to go from a 1% response rate my first week to a couple months later this week having more women email me than the number of emails I sent out. There are around 20 women who emailed me and this does not count the ones I said no thanks to and deleted their message.

Use the meet me feature. Keep clicking through as many as you can and revisiting it often. The meet me functionality on the mobile app is great for this. Waiting a while someplace just keep taping yes no or maybe to pass the time .

Then check who has selected to meet you but more importantly the mutual meet me's and email them your short but witty first email. Hey you liked what you saw and she liked what she saw. That is about as close as online gets to making mutual eye contact IRL.... so take advantage of it when it happens. really think it through when you read a profile and email those you are interested in that seem like the most likely to respond. I would rather compose 1 to a max of 3 emails a day after spending as much time selecting who to email as I do writing just for them.

You can also look at who has viewed you and email any there that catch your eye. Another thing to do really think it through when you read a profile and email those you are interested in that seem like the most likely to respond. I would rather compose 1 to a max of 3 emails a day after spending as much time selecting who to email as I do writing just for them.

Notice sending as many emails as I can a week is not part of my game plan. Even with well written 4-5 liners it is not as productive as the above tips. I would still just work on your profile a bit more and listen to those on here who have made this site work. After you have had some more time to prep properly then get going on the emails. When you do place more emphasis on writing those who have a combination of a likelihood to respond as well as attributes you are looking for. The mutual meet me's and repeat viewers of your profile are a great place to start... Overtime I think you will also develop a knack for reading a profile and knowing who is more likely to respond as well.

At the moment I am not ready to change my status or hide my profile.. However I have had a memorable weekend with someone truly amazing I met from here. So I may be.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:58:00 PM

Go to another site like the Spanish and Russian dating sites and women just want a nice, decent guy that is not a drug addict. The difference is like night and day.

I totally disagree... If you have no game and need to go mail order I feel sorry for you..

However the point that those who did not grow up in la-la land being very different in some very good ways I agree with. It is VERY possible to meet transplants from other states and even countries online or IRL that are successfully established in CA and are looking for a guy who is not like the rest of the guys out here.

My most recent dating experiences have been with someone who has been living in the US for around 6-7 years. On all dates even my best wild wild west wallet quick draw has not been quick enough in most cases to pay for something before she already has her half out and ready. When they have the ambition to successfully make a life and career for themselves and insist on going dutch it is great. Not because I won't or don't treat but because it shows that her primary motives for finding a relationship are not financial ones.
 CptJohnSheridan
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/30/2011 9:37:11 AM
I'm recently widowed and just looking for friends so I haven't sent any "date" requests, but those with whom I have corresponded make me think that a lot of the ladies on here get hit on so much that it wearies them, so you need to send a message that stands apart from the crowd.
 Roujin
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2011 8:26:51 PM
Yea, I feel yea, I have had about 1/30 response rate.
I put the effort into making pretty well thought out messages, but atlas I seem to get very little responses. I am about to give up, at least for the time being, it just doesn't feel like it is in the cards for me. Even the few I have manage to start up a conversation with ended up going no where because of very delayed responses and eventually no responses.
 Neagon
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/15/2011 7:40:11 AM
I wouldn’t recommend paying for a membership unless you want to pay for rejection.

Paying dating sites don’t tell you who are the paying members and who are not.

Non-paying members cannot respond to your email. They are hoping that she will have enough interest in you that she will pay to be a member so she can respond to your email.

Or you may be a non-paying member and you get an email from a knock out looking woman that sounds really interesting. They are hoping you will pay to join to respond to her email.

Here is another war story. I met a woman for coffee on a paying dating site. It turned out that she was an employee of a matchmaking agency locally. How do I know she was because I got a call from the agency after the coffee date? I asked how they got my telephone and they said they got it from someone I met for coffee.
 dudranch1
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/5/2012 10:58:21 AM
Actually, the paid sites are worse, the site has NO motivation in you finding someone rather they just want to keep you paying. It is always easy to sign up but hard to stop the billing. Personally, this is like mail advertising, if you get over 3% to respond you are doing good.
 a_Libra_rising
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/6/2012 3:54:03 PM
i read all the comments in this thread and it's really too hilarious! i believe in occam's razor and i think blackstar is right.

in some ways, NOT all, women are similar to men. a man is not likely to message a woman he finds to not be attractive, well no sooner would a woman respond to man that she's not attracted to. it's not really the quality of the pictures that matter, but the content of it. headshots are high in quality but also extremely high in the cheese factor. how nice sounding the profile is only secondary to the picture content. if a woman doesn't like the way the dude looks, nothing he say is likely to change her perception of him. all she knows is she's not attracted to him and want to get away as quickly as possible. if she likes the way he looks but what he wrote is negative or just retarded, she'd either pass or she'd try to talk to him anyway, just in case he's different. at any rate, it has to do with the simplest conclusion: chicks don't like the way you look, so deal with it.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2012 4:47:32 PM
I have met some really cool people on this site. When I say meet, I mean I met them in person. There are some awesome people here... you must be looking in the wrong place lol However it was Match.com that I found someone I want to try and make things work with. Its been a wonderful way to get out and meet folks, much easier than counting on friends or fate.
 MrArc
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:26:38 AM
Well it hard when a woman is lets say 5'4" and wants a 6ft or taller. Or say something like in their profile, "I am a caring heartwarming woman." Then they would not give you the time of day. Its really is hard to see where or what a woman want, they might say "I know what i want" Yeah its either a wallet or a sugar daddy, has nothing to do with the personality, oh sure that comes afterwards, a few dates, yes we have to DEAL with it, I agree.

But just be Honest on WHY we have to DEAL with it. Why do you want a 6ft guy or SMELLS GOOD, or have a JOB, for the obvious reasons i understand.

Its a Joke, one Big JOKE!!

ahdorkablee
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/22/2012 1:10:18 PM
I swear I thought I was the only one with NO SUCCESS what so ever.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Gettting no where with this site?