Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AustinWriter87
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Dating experience I would rather forget!Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
This happened BEFORE the first date. He seemed sane and normal so we were chatting over texts, we were in the process of making plans for the first date when the texts me at midnight randomly:

"Hey, you know what, I'm feeling naughty. Want to request/trade pics with me?"

No. I hadn't even met this guy yet and out of the blue he wants to have naughty pictures of me.

"Uh... no? I don't even know you, yet. I think we're done here."

Needless to say, from my text, we were done there. The nerve!
 0rlando Man
Msg: 55
Dating experience I would rather forget!
Posted: 8/3/2011 9:14:54 PM
Woke up one Saturday morning, with a message from a very cute lady. Sent back a hello, she was apparently online as well so we exchanged a few emails. We swapped numbers and talked later in the day. Discovered that we were both available for that night so we set up a meet/greet. I'm always game for something new.

I got there 5 minutes late as always and was walking up to the bar. I saw someone looking directly at me but I didn't recognize her. I glanced a couple more times and realized that was her. Didn't look anything like the photos. Well, there goes the night but I was there so I might as well enjoy a new friend. Was having the first beer and she starts chatting about her drugs that uses (of course it says not a drug user in her profile) and then proceeds talk about her being a swinger. I politely finished my beer and discovered I had to go.

The one positive out of that night was I was able to see a great movie at the theaters that night.
 87Mippy
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/19/2011 2:40:42 PM
Mine is not as interesting as yours but one of my first dates involved the guy talking about all his cats...
I like cats and all but I dont wanna spend two hours hearing a man rant about every cat he owns!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/20/2011 4:39:36 PM
To bjack77- What a nightmare. You caught a break that she revealed who she really was the first date, thank goodness you didn't date her longer only to find out she was a nut job. You are wise to ignore her texts, but if I were you I would block her number.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/20/2011 6:46:41 PM
I had a date with a man I knew on a casual basis, I had met him several times before, we were acquaintences. There was something bothering me about the last time I ran into him, I couldn't recall, but I thought he may have been a smoker, big turn off. Anyways, he picked me up, and I noticed as we were driving that he had bad breath. We went out for a drink to a corner neighborhood bar. I took the time to shower, brush my hair & teeth, & look nice, apparently he didn't do the same. His clothes didn't look dirty, & he didn't look dissheveled, but after he drank his beer, his breath became even worse, to the point where it was revolting. I kept moving my chair back from him, then I remembered the last time I saw him, he wasn't a smoker, I was standing about 2 feet away from him and his breath was really bad then too! I completely forgot about it, since that was 2 years earlier. I politetly ended the date early, & I declined his invitation to get a bite to eat, becuz I couldn't stand talking to him any longer, his breath was so bad. When he dropped me off I thanked him, & he offered 2 times to walk me to my door, which I also politely declined, There was no way I was going to let him even give me a peck on the cheek with that mouth, He called me several times after that, but I never went out with him again,
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:54:29 PM
I'm a former biker, rode a Harley for 8 years, lots of times I was the only girl riding with a bunch of biker dudes, which is why I'm probably still single. I was riding with 2 other friends, & we stopped at a local hangout to get some lunch. We were sitting at the bar when this tall, dark haired, blue eyed, very handsome man approached me & we started talking. I was very impressed, in all of my years of riding, no man ever had the nerve to approach me like that while I was with the guys. He gave me his card, I called him, & we made plans for a date. I ignored the big red flag, when he asked if I could pick him up at his house, he had a problem wit his license but would be getting it back at the end of the month. Only because I had also met his parents who were there that day, they were nice people & lived in an upscale neighborhood, I picked him up. This is something I would never do under normal circunstances. It was a 40 minute drive to get to his house. He had asked me on the phone to go to for dinner, but when I got there he asked if I'd like to stop for a drink first, so we did. The alcohol went in, and the pycho came out! He drank 6 shots of Tequila in a row, for starters, still wasn't drunk, he had a high tolerance. Then he told me he had a DUI, asked if me & my kids would move to Florida with him, showed me the 3 inch long scar on his chin where his ex hit him with a hammer, lied about being in a TV show filmed in Chgo called 1st edition, forgot he lied about being an actor on the show then claimed he was a stand in. Compared himself to Brad Pitt & said Pitt got the roles over him becuz he lived in Chgo & not LA, so Pitt had the advantage. After that, he claimed to be a talented singer, then started an argument with the guy running Karoke. He threw the book of songs at his feet, after taking out a few pages where we were sitting & mutilating them with his boot. I picked up the pages & put them on the bar, & asked the bartender to return them. He ordered more shots, he drank mine too, I didn't want it I had a long drive home. He then grabbed the bartenders hand, & kissed the back of it, as he looked deamily into her eyes, like he was so hot, she would find him irresistable, She yanked her hand away & quickly walked away from him. I then got up to leave, & he followed me out to my car, He grabbed my hand & started walking fast trying to drag me along, leading me toward the wrong car. I tried to tell him that wasn't my car, & to let go of me, when the manager came running out of the resturant because he didn't pay for the pizza he ordered. He was completely confused as to why I seemed upset over something, he had no idea what. I got the heck out of there, & he left me over 20 voice mails & text messages, which I ignored. He left a message and said, "Well, I lied to you, but,,,& went into the same lies he had told me before. He was a totally different person then the sober man I had met the day before! That was the last time I went on a date.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/20/2011 8:27:53 PM
I went on this date with this guy once...he had his house so dirty, like pigs lived there and his excuse was.."My room mate and I are guys" I was like wtf...being a guy is no excuse for being a dirty pig...it was a turn off...that was our last date...
who would bring someone into their house the first time meeting them..and have their house looking worse than a pig sty...
Sorry about your crazy date...but at least you made some of us laugh...lol
 munchkin111
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/20/2011 10:28:30 PM
I met a guy on here just over a month ago. We'd been emailing/texting for a couple of weeks prior, and all was ok at that point. Anyway, when we met, he was at least 100 pounds heavier than in his profile pics. Anyway, that didn't bother me too much. We went on 2 dates, but I just felt as though we had very little in common, and there were a lot of things about him that really annoyed me (where I could just see more of those things cropping up as time went on). Plus, I just didn't think there was that 'chemistry' there that you would normally have if you were attracted to someone. So, after the 2nd date, I broke it off. He took it really badly, where he started calling me a user as well as other things that I won't mention here. Then a little later on he started sending me texts saying not to do this to him because he loved me etc (which was freaking me out). I then heard from his mum later that night saying that he'd overdosed on a whole heap of painkillers, & was blaming me for it & trying to force me to take him back (I stood my ground and said that I wouldn't do any such thing). Once he was out of hospital (he spent a couple of days in there), I kept getting texts & messages on facebook from him, ranging from the 'I love you, please take me back' type of ones to the nasty, name calling types of ones. I got to the point where I'd had enough, so I told him that if he didn't leave me alone, I'd be getting advice from the police on the situation. He then sent me a couple of really nasty, threatening messages saying to watch my back because I didn't know the people he knows, which was quite scary. I ended up having to take out an intervention order on him (it's what the police recommended) because I was so scared about what he might do. And when I put in the application for the intervention order, he sent a message on facebook to one of my close friends saying that he didn't understand why I was doing it because he'd done nothing wrong (?????????????). He's still got a profile on here, and I do sometimes find myself worrying about any other girl he may meet on here, hoping that she doesn't cop the same treatment if things don't work out between them.
 ClaireChristine
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/20/2011 11:51:36 PM
You will get some weirdos for sure as this a freebie dating site but hopefully you will find someone you can be interested in.

I had a date on Thursday night with a guy who barely resembled his pics, they must have been so old!!!! He also lied about his height. He was using a pseudonym which is okay but once you meet, should be more honest I feel. He is actually still living with his wife although he says he is "'separated''.....and that it takes many forms. i.e. she doesnt want him in bed and vice versa but financially it is expedient to remain together...

I enjoyed the dinner we had together but then said goodbye.

Moving on.
 ClaireChristine
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/20/2011 11:56:18 PM
I get requests for naught pics and they want to return the favour with a shot of their**** Who wants that?? I soon dismiss them. Pathetic.
 Greeneyedminx82
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/21/2011 3:09:17 PM
Got set up on this date by a friend of mine who is sweet and shes got a good heart however the date wow well it was set up for me and this man to meet at a casual restaurant first uh oh he showed up in a tux im in jeans and a nice shirt. dinner started off ok then about half way through he asks this wonder question "would you like to see a picture of my penis" i thaught he was joking but no he took out his cell phone and tried to show me it. so that made me wanna get up and leave after him begging for me to stay i did reluctantly another few awkward moments pass then he procedes to tell me that he feels like hes known me all his life and that a angel came to him and told him i was his chosen bride. i couldnt take it anymore i got up said thank you for dinner and went to leave he followed me out screaming yes screaming that since i was walking away he knew the devil had penetrated me ummmmmmm yea i was freaked out as was everyone else that was in the restaurant. dont know what happened to him after that cause i got in my car and booked it was kinda afraid he would try to follow but thankfully he didnt. no more blind dates for me lmao
 munchkin111
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/21/2011 11:07:05 PM

I get requests for naught pics and they want to return the favour with a shot of their**** Who wants that?? I soon dismiss them. Pathetic.

Yes, I've had a guy do that, except that he sent me the pic of his **** first before asking for naughty pics of me :S
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/22/2011 4:34:21 PM
Some of these are so funny, it has brought up so many memories of bad dates! I met a guy on a different site, I don't like driving far, especially when I don't know the area & where I'm going, especially in the city. He invited me out on a date, and I reluctantly agreed to drive all the way north to his neighborhood, it was about 50 minutes of city driving. We met at the bar, had a few drinks, & he kept yelling, "AIDS FREE!" and doing the fist pump. How do you react to that? I laugh now that I think about it, but it was so strange at the time. I wasn't attracted to him, he didn't really look like his picture, there was no chemistry on my part, but nice to know he was "AIDS FREE!" I went to leave, and he looked at me and said 21-50. I stared at him blankly, and he repeated it 21-50. I said what's that? He said,"It's your half of the bill." The bartender heard him & gave him a dirty look, like he was completely disusted, and so was I. That was the last time I went out with him.
 92Gguy
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/22/2011 4:45:14 PM
That is very jacked up!!! What a douchebag! Well, the last date I had before being deployed was just nasty. I met this gal at the bar in the town I'm stationed in, the whole time I was trying to get to know her, she was fixated on this younger guy, she was rude to the bartender, and she gave me some lame excuse that she had to go home to her kids, but she just went around the corner, and was flirting with the said younger guy( I was 29, and she was 34). She then tried talking to me the next morning, and I just ignored her. The next month, I next week, I was happily riding a plane to Kyrghizstan, and then a C-17 to Afghanistan. That was the worse date i've been in. :(
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/22/2011 4:49:41 PM
Which reminds me of another experience I had over 15 years ago, I was newly divorced, raising 2 children alone, my ex a deadbeat. This nice police officer stopped by a few times to talk while I was working in the garden in front of the house, he seemed nice, and after a few conversations he invited me to go out to dinner with him. He picked me up, and off we went. We were making casual small talk, when he took his penis out of his pants! It was erect, and he held it while he was driving. He had one hand on the wheel & one hand on his member. I was shocked to say the least. The whole time he was driving along like this was totally normal didn't say anything about it, just drove. Of course I asked him to take me home, NOW. He said "Why?" "Is something wrong?" I said "YES, and could you please put that away? He did, took me home without a further incident. That was the last time I went out with him!
 munchkin111
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/23/2011 9:09:34 PM
I'd been chatting to a guy on here, and we'd exchanged numbers. He had on his profile that he was looking for someone to date, where it turns out he was really after a bonk buddy & nothing more (I'm not into the 'friends with benefits' thing). Then a couple of days ago, I received a message from him asking me to meet him late at night at a place that was in the middle of nowhere for sex. Then he couldn't understand why I said no, even though I explained that I wouldn't for safety reasons (guy you don't know + in the middle of nowhere + wanting sex = dangerous, IMO).
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:00:15 PM
The memories this thread had stirred up. Years ago, I went out on a date with a Chicago cop. He dressed in black leather pants & black shirt, open & exposing a lot of chest hair, like he was stuck in the 70's. I should have said right then & there I wasn't going to go out with him, but hind sight is 20/20. We drove into the city, & when he parked the car he asked me, "What size shoe do you wear?" I was surprised at the question, but answered, 7 and a half." He reached into the back seat & pulled out these red thigh high boots & asked me if I would wear them for the evening & to please try them on. I had no intention of wearing them, had never been in a situation like this, & didn't know what to do. held them up, they looked like hooker boots with a 6 inch heel, & why did he have them in his car? I said, "NO, I'm not wearing those boots." He was disappointed. We went into the bar. It was a Korean bar. We were the only white people in there. There were lots of women, clearly he had been there before. We sat at the bar, he ordered drinks, then completely ignored me while he made comments to & openly flirted with the Korean girls seated around us. He even yelled to a girl at the other end of the bar. They ignored him. Why did he ask me out on a date if his preference is Korean women? And why didn't he just come here by himself, instead of bringing me along while he hit on them in front of me? The date did not last very long. I finished my drink & asked him to bring me back home. We were almost to my house when he said he had to call his work partner. I was like, whatever, he had already been so rude I didn't think he could top himself, but he did! He called her up & asked her, "Is there room in your bed for me tonight?" I heard her say "absoultly not!" I got a good laugh & made it home safetly. Never saw the guy again
 dave402
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:32:35 AM
rofl
Normal, is just a setting on a washing machine, but "she was into Druids and Black magic", is WAY weird.
Maybe she wanted to take you to her coven and ritually sacrifice you at Stonehenge lol
Weirdest experience I ever had was, I went out with a girl two times before I realized her facial hair grew faster than my does. Seriously, she had a hint of 5 o'clock shadow.
Eeewh
If that's shallow of me*shrugs*
I'm allowed my own preferences and dislikes.
Never got that far thankfully, but don't think she used to be a dude coz she had a kid, who had a dad. Maybe it was just some strange condition
 jmark4
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:36:01 AM
I'm private and I'm not going to laugh at anyone but yes it's online and there are many strange stories.
 Fleuron
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/25/2011 8:19:27 AM
Jypzee:

but he did calm down and i asked him to take me home and as he was getting his sh!t together i could here this strange thumping noise coming from his other room and asked 'whats that?' and i was informed 'its a huge moth in a box that hasnt died yet' (for his butterfly collection)..creepy..

This is Silence of the Lambs…just reading about it gave me the creeps! I would’ve thought it was his last date he boxed up and freaked!

Be careful out there, Clarice.
 Broncoman47
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/25/2011 8:41:36 AM
Not been on here long, and never had a scarey date yet, so maybe from what hearing here i can finally get a crazy Date lol,
 nola3
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2011 11:56:05 AM
Just drove an hour and a half to meet a guy from this site. We met & I excused myself to go to the restroom as I had driven a long distance. When I came back he was gone. I called him & he hung up on me so I called, left a message that I was leaving & he should have said something & not just left. He then texts me that he was dissapointed in my looks & I was not truthful about my looks Several pictures of me on the site & I'm am currently 20 pounds lighter than in my pics. I wear size 6-8 jeans 8-10 top so don't think I'm fat nor did I lie. He then has the nerve to tell me to stop contacting him as if I would think of dating a coward and an intellectual reject
 92Gguy
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:03:30 PM
Cougarvamp, by any chance di he have a 70's mullet going on? lol
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:47:08 PM
I had a close parallel to your date, Bazza. I once dated a woman who also smoked pot, and was head of a coven (good witch, though). One of our earliest dates involved target shooting with her pistol in the woods. I thoroughly enjoy eccentric people - they are usually fascinating and fun, and often very nice as well.

I briefly dated another woman who later joined a circus troupe doing trapeze acts. Her day job is law, and we remained friends.

Oh, I almost forgot the lady who decided a great first date would be having me accompany her to a 12-step program meeting for sex addicts. That was very interesting!
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/25/2011 5:09:54 PM
92 Guy, no, he didn't have a mullet going on, but that would have been better, it would have distracted me from all of the chest hair hanging out of his shirt that he had unbuttoned way too low!
I went out for a few dates with this guy, who must have forgotten to mention that he was married. I'm not sure how something like that could have slipped his mind, or why he, as a married man, was dating like he was single. He also turned out to be very rude & cheap. Since I didn't appreciate being lied to, I went on an internet site, & ordered a dead fish for $20 & had it sent to his home. The fish was delivered in a cardboard box, no paper or plastic of any kind. Just a ead fish in a box. Since he had mentioned he would be out of town from Wednesday thru Friday, I had the fish delivered that Wednesday, so it would sit for 2 days in the foyer before he returned. When he returned on Friday evening he called my phone repeatedly for hours! I never answered. I never talked to hm again, but I did laugh for days over that!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >