Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 92
Dating experience I would rather forget!Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
92 Guy, no, he didn't have a mullet going on, but that would have been better, it would have distracted me from all of the chest hair hanging out of his shirt that he had unbuttoned way too low!
I went out for a few dates with this guy, who must have forgotten to mention that he was married. I'm not sure how something like that could have slipped his mind, or why he, as a married man, was dating like he was single. He also turned out to be very rude & cheap. Since I didn't appreciate being lied to, I went on an internet site, & ordered a dead fish for $20 & had it sent to his home. The fish was delivered in a cardboard box, no paper or plastic of any kind. Just a ead fish in a box. Since he had mentioned he would be out of town from Wednesday thru Friday, I had the fish delivered that Wednesday, so it would sit for 2 days in the foyer before he returned. When he returned on Friday evening he called my phone repeatedly for hours! I never answered. I never talked to hm again, but I did laugh for days over that!
 OKAY2ASK
Msg: 93
Dating experience I would rather forget!
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:18:07 AM
I do feel for you. I have many and one thing that is becoming clear is 'body type' should be part of the selection criteria. I have met several 'average' women who in fact where incredibly overwieght. This is becoming an issue and getting very frustrating.
I really think most women do not take an honest look at themselves. Rule of thumb take your weight times two plus 15 if your weight is higher than that your not average your overweight. EI 5' 2'' 52x 2 +15=119lbs is the properweight for a 5'2'' female.
Well I wish all the best keep fishing .
 OKAY2ASK
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:19:03 AM
I do feel for you. I have many and one thing that is becoming clear is 'body type' should be part of the selection criteria. I have met several 'average' women who in fact where incredibly overwieght. This is becoming an issue and getting very frustrating.
I really think most women do not take an honest look at themselves. Rule of thumb take your weight times two plus 15 if your weight is higher than that your not average your overweight. EI 5' 2'' 52x 2 +15=119lbs is the properweight for a 5'2'' female.
Well I wish all the best keep fishing .
 Fleuron
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:32:22 AM

Rule of thumb take your weight times two plus 15 if your weight is higher than that your not average your overweight. EI 5' 2'' 52x 2 +15=119lbs is the properweight for a 5'2'' female.

Thank you, Dr. JUSTBE4REAL.

Guess your formula doesn’t apply to taller women (and of course not to men) seein as how a 5’10” woman would weigh over 1000 pounds.

Oh, well! Back to the drawing board!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:12:32 AM
Rule of thumb take your weight -> should be height in inches times two plus 15 if your weight is higher than that your not average your overweight. EI 5' 2'' 52x 2 +15=119lbs is the properweight for a 5'2'' female. Incorrect: 5'2" is 62 * 2 + 15 = 139 lb., and IMO, either result is high for someone 5'2"

Guess your formula doesn’t apply to taller women (and of course not to men) seein as how a 5’10” woman would weigh over 1000 pounds.

Incorrect: 5'10" is 70 * 2 + 15 = 155 lb., and this would be on the slender side, IMO

As a rule of thumb, it gives poor results, and clearly some people can't do arithmetic!
 Fleuron
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:55:03 AM
ForRumOnly:
As a rule of thumb, it gives poor results, and clearly some people can't do arithmetic!

I followed Dr. JUSTBE4REAL's formula...so obviously you don't mean me.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:11:42 AM
A had a date, we met at a restaurant. He had told me he had just got an older German Shephard dog from a lady, dropped the dog off at his house, then left to go out of town. He left this dog alone in an empty house for 4 days. He paid the neighbor kid to come in & feed the dog, however, the dog was terrified, & wouldn't even let the kid into the house. He was barking & growling at this kid who was afraid he was going to be bit by this dog. So. we are in the restaurant, and I told him, you need to be home with your dog, I can't believe you left him alone like that. You should have never left on a trip, & you should have returned home when you knew the kid couldn't get into the house. Being an animal lover, this didn't go over well with me. Then he dropped the bombshell. He told me, since the dog couldn't get out to use the bathroom for those 4 days, when he came home, he discovered the dog had went pee in hs bed. He said, that's ok, I slept in the bed curled around the pee, I can always shower later. You know I was outta there. Don't know what ever happened to him or his dog.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/27/2011 2:28:01 PM
Artful - I can see why you'd think there are "no honest and decent men on this site" - geez, you met some real winners! The answer is yes, there are fishies in the pond who are keepers, but some of the...um, "catches"...need to be thrown back in.

While waiting for his food, he picked his nose, inspected the product, and wiped it on his sleeve. Then he picked at his filthy fingernails. When whatever was being scratched below the table line started, his food arrived.

Yikes.
 SuzyAoX
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:18:31 PM
Oh lord help us all!

I had a date in January with a guy i was speaking to for maybe 1 week. He was really sweet!Called, and texted daily.

He wanted to go on a certain night, but i didn't have my vehicle at that moment. Instead of offering to come pick me up. He kindle tried talking me into hoping on a train, onto the subway and walking to his house. I declined,and he ended up coming here and taking me to drinks.

The date was going great, untill he got very touchy feely, constant kissing on the cheek, telling me how "happy" he was that i was his "baby". I started to get uncomfortable. I heard sirens go off in my head..and then there it was "I told my mo that when i get home tonight i ay have a girlfriend. I would love for you to come over tomorrow and have dinner with us" That was that! I was done.

We got in the car,and as he waited for the car to warm up he dried to french me. I couldn't help but laugh and reject him. You would think that he would stop? NOPE! He tried again. I couldnt stop laughing, i had to tell him that I'm a strict Christian (which im not) and that i don't do that the first date. Oh god!
 Athletics89
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/28/2011 7:39:39 PM
Where do I begin? Well, I will talk about the most misleading date I ever had.......

A woman named Amy and I met on line. We talked every night for about 2 weeks. Then, we talked on the phone every night. We had so much in common! The only issue was, Amy lives in Greenville, SC. At the time I was still living near Cincinnati. Anyway, Amy sent me dozens of photos and videos. She was intelligent, fun, smart, and very attractive. Amy said she was 26 years old. However.........when we met it was a different story.

Amy and I agreed to meet at the GSP (Greenville/Spartanburg) airport. We had planned on going out to dinner, then listen to live music, and take a walk afterwards. When I went past security at GSP, I kept looking for Amy. Then..........a woman came up to me and said, "Hi I am Amy! How do you like me?" That "Amy" was NOT the Amy I had been talking with. Instead this "Amy" was a very large woman, maybe in her late 40s or early 50s. Amy also told me she was separated and had 5 children. Amy was not even the same race as the Amy I had been talking with. This Amy wanted $5000 immediately to help her pay her bills. I was shocked to say the least.

I just said, "Amy this is not going to work. I cannot deal with a woman who has been flat out lying to me". I went back through security and took the return flight back to Cincinnati.

The next day, I talked with Amy's sister. Apparently, "Amy" has pulled this stunt before on other men (on other dating sites). I was just her latest "victim".
 m14shooter
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2011 3:00:05 AM
Got a message on here from a very attractive woman. We traded a couple e-mails and a call and she said she wanted to meet. Told her I would buy her dinner at a place close to my house that friends of mine own. We get there and sit down and start to chat. We ordered dinner and as the conversation progressed she admitted she was not interested in dating a guy like me and just wanted a free meal. I excused myself to go to the bathroom, paid for her dinner and went to a back room to eat my meal. The waitress is a very close friend of mine and when I was paying I told her what happened. She served her the meal and proceeded to give her holy hell, woman just looked at her and ate her meal. I enjoyed my meal alone as I usually do.
 SuzyAoX
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/29/2011 9:03:11 AM
Reading everyones story reminded me of one other. LUCKILY I did not have a date with this guy! I was talkign to this guy for about 2 weeks. Things were going amazing. We texted, we webcammed, and spoke on the phone too.
The day before our date we're talking and we're discussing boundaries. He was asking if it was okay to "rub my thigh" while driving. I laughed at himand told him he could put his hand on my knee, and that's that. He kept bringing up different ways to touch. Turns out he expected sex within the first 2 dates. THE FIRST 2 DATES!! I was in utter shock. I toldhim he was crazy and that any woman with moral values would not get into bed with any man that fast. He was very unhappy with my response, and told me that i will never find anyone to be with because no man will wait more than 2 dates for sex.
Needless to say...we cancelled our date.
 Athletics89
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/29/2011 2:41:07 PM
PinkCherryx; You were smart to have cancelled your date. Who knows what that guy had in mind. How is it that men expect a woman to have sex with him right away? In my experience, sex is great with a woman after we both feel comfortable with each other. That does not happen in the first two dates. At least not with me. Talking on the phone does help. But until I actually meet her in person, and spend time with her, I am very cautious. This leads me to yet another "bad dating experience"......

A woman and I talked on a dating site for about a week. Then we exchanged phone numbers and talked on the phone several times before we met in person. She was 31 years old, said she was "single", and had 3 children. She told me she had been "separated" from her husband for almost 2 years. She also lives in Ocala, Fl. So, that made it easy to meet her.

We met at "Hooters" in Ocala (her choice, not mine). I would never take a woman to "Hooters" on a date, at least not on a first date. Anyway, we met for lunch. During lunch, she told me the real reason she wanted to see me..........

She told me she wanted to have sex with her at her house, set up a video camera to capture all the "action". Then, her husband would watch the videos later. Turns out she was NOT separated, but her husband liked watching her have sex with other men. The whole thing sounded so strange, I asked the waitress for the check, paid by cash, and told her no way was I going back to her house. After that she texted me a few times to ask me if I was still interested. Finally she gave up..........
 smokincigars
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2011 9:23:05 PM
I've been very lucky, I guess. While I have had bad dates (including being abandoned for another guy during a date), the worst that has happen while online dating was that the lady's profile was dishonest. When we met, I realized the only photo on her profile was taken when she was much younger; I had had my suspicions, but decided she was just very youthful-looking. Profile information was misleading in a few ways, including when she was born. (Like most of the better sites, it computes age based on the birthdate given, and updates automatically.) I was polite during our meeting, but ended it as early as possible and e-mailed later to say that I "just didn't feel it" and wouldn't be asking her out.

Just one more reason why I always insist on a "non-date" meeting first!
 Unique_One_4_you
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/30/2011 5:54:17 AM
Wow.. you really know how to pick them ..lol.. sorry.
 Laughing Leprechaun
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/30/2011 8:08:59 AM
Sure I've had a few "strange" encounters.
I use Skype now, to chat, its free and even if your in the same town works. Also nice is the
video feature that POF has. At least your seeing people in real time.
 Broncoman47
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/30/2011 8:31:35 AM
Well if you ask for something it will surly come along someday, i said i never had a werid date\ meet, lol well had one, thank god i made it out alive, she didn't look the same as her pic, and i could hardly get a word in, as she was talking the hold time, lol
 iluvmypugs
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/1/2011 3:00:05 AM
lmfao...... first off why did your kids meet him and sec why u going out with a forty year old guy gross jus sayin . dont be so nice
 iluvmypugs
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/1/2011 3:03:39 AM
omg...... to hilarious
 BowHunter216
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2011 5:57:43 AM
I AM NOT GOING IN THERE! I met this really gorgeous girl at an open house............ I mean
this gal knew how to wear a tight sweater and leather mini. I thought I would try to “score some points with her” by inviting her two young boys to go target shooting with us on our first date. They had a ball and shot especially well which wasn’t hard with my super accurate .22 caliber rifle and novelty targets. I mean I was scoring major points, or so I thought. After finishing our target shooting, I took them up to our clubhouse to show them around. We got to the door and she asked me if there were any trophy mounts hanging on the wall. When I told her yes, she said that she wasn’t going in there since she didn’t approve of hunting and killing animals. I took
them home and she invited me in for a drink and some more conversation. Just then the phone rings and it was her exhusband. For the next 10 minutes while I sat beside her she told her ex all about our date while I was sitting next to her. Goodbye, I said and out the door I went never to see her again.
 runsfromzombies
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/1/2011 7:59:10 PM
It didn't happen on this site, butttttt...this was my first experience with meeting a date that I'd found online. Two effing weeks ago.

He seemed really sweet, quite normal, we had a lot in common, you know. It's the same story with a different ending. I was still in SoCal for the summer, but we made plans to meet once I got back to the San Francisco area. We talked on the phone, texted, Skyped a lot...then about a week before I was to make the move back up north, things started getting odd. He just mentioned waaaaay too much how he'd never felt like this with another girl before, etcetera, etcetera. I usually just brushed him off with a smile if we were Skyping or a hint to take the conversation in another direction, and frequently made comments about how I wanted to take things slowly. It was a little weird, but I figured I'd still meet him the once in person at least, since I'd invested a lot of time in talking to him.

So we met up for frozen yogurt, and first thing he does when he sees me is KISS ME. And not a modest peck on the lips, either, he was trying to get his tongue in my mouth. I stepped back after a few seconds of that and just tried to pretend it hadn't happened. We got our frozen yogurt, started wandering around walking and talking, everything seemed fine for a while and I started to relax. Conversation was good, he was sweet and polite. So he asked me if I wanted to come back to his place to play a game or watch a movie, and I said sure, since things seemed to have normalized (I though perhaps he'd gotten the hint about not touching me when I backed out of the kiss).

We went back to his place, he put on the DVD from a live concert of one of the bands we both know, and then the weirdly awkward silence descended. I felt like I had to do all the talking because he was just looking at me, smiling weirdly, not really saying anything, and whenever I stopped talking he would lean in to try and make out with me.

I chattered on until he asked if I wanted to be in a relationship with him, and taken aback and sort of weirded out, I just said "Okay...", because I had gotten kind of freaked and afraid that he would do something if I pissed him off at all--he gave off that vibe. At that point I told him I needed to get home and start unpacking my apartment, so he volunteered to walk me there (streets of Berkeley not exactly safe at night, so I did appreciate this).

Unfortunately, this meant that he got to find out where I lived. The next morning I sent him a message saying that I didn't think it was going to work out, that I didn't really want a relationship yet (not with him, at least--he moved way too fast), but that he was a great guy and I hoped he found what he was looking for. I thought that was the end of it.

Two days later he called me and left an angry message about how I never had been good at picking up his phone calls. Okay...

Then, that Friday night, he texted me saying, "Don't you think you owe me a phone call?"

Okay. I talked to this guy for about two weeks, that's true. But I still didn't think that ending things after a first date required so much effort. I texted back saying it wouldn't make any difference, that my mind was set and that was it.

He proceeded to drunk-dial me and leave me long, angsty voicemails all night. They started getting crazy when he said he was so in love with me and had thought about killing himself over the situation. O.O Luckily I have a male housemate who's quite protective, so I wasn't too worried about the guy coming back to my apartment building, because if he did, my friend would have scared him off.

I didn't really know what to do in the situation. Do I call the police and tell them that he's a suicide risk? Or is it just a major guilt-trip for me? My friend went with the it's-a-cry-for-attention line of thinking, so I blocked his number, ignored his messages, and tried to put it behind me.

I'm just hoping I have better luck on this site.

(Oh, and we've checked his twitter newsfeed since the incident. He's still alive unless he's tweeting from beyond the grave.)
 Simon4567
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/1/2011 9:02:12 PM

She failed to mention on her profile that she had smoked Pot/Weed for the last 26 years and she was into Druids and Black magic!

BLACK MAGIC!?!?!

Umm, I hope the date ended well? That is important to know.

Before I go on dates I make sure I find out what kind of druidess she is. I had a bad experience with a mere low-level druidess. I prefer White magic and I'm willing to bend for alchemy...as long as she doesn't create shrinking potions.
 Rain587
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/3/2011 2:08:16 AM
Oh great, Soft Lily, now I'm wondering if I have. lol

Before POF, I tried another site and after writing and talking on the phone to a man he asked me to go fishing. I'm thinking the nearby lake and yet the morning we were to meet up there, he calls and tells me to meet him and his friend at the river. I said no and he went off how I should trust him and was really angry.

I met one for coffee and he reminded me of the serial guy in Lovely Bones even laughing like him and saying the word "polite" a lot like him. He didn't look like his pictures at all. When he said he had a surprise for me but we had to go to his house, I told him no and had to leave practically running to my car. He followed me but I was fast. I had no idea I could move so quickly.

I've been talking to someone the last two weeks along with a few others but this one guy watches for me on here and soon as I sign in, several messages come here and text's. My personal email is flooded with photos of flowers and he said he copied my pictures to carry around with him. Now I'm creeped out.

Tonight I get a message from a basketball hall of fame person and his phone number yet for some reason feel someone is making a joke.

After reading everyone's dating experiences and reliving mine, I hid my profile again.

Pingshooter
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2011 4:22:44 AM
Maffers...

She then drunk called me an a$$hole venting phone calls for the next month. Usually at bar closing time...

Imagine what your bar bill..could have been?
 Rain587
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:01:24 AM
artful22, I did get suspicious and told him I refuse to put myself in that dangerous situation and he went off on me - I hung up.

I never meet in a secluded spot nor will I allow a stranger to pick me up even after several dates. It's amazing how many men want to know where I live and even try to find nearby areas so they can search. One man said he tried to locate me on a Sunday drive but I didn't give him enough info. WTF?? I never told him where I live but did realize I said a few things that could give a inkling so I really have to watch how I talk. Asking what car you drive and casually asking if nearby establishments are more comfortable for you can give them ammo to search - especially if you live in a small town.

I'm finding this site is good for the forums whether it's learning something or entertainment. As for dating I have one Wednesday after work with someone I've been talking to since I joined here so not completely saying no but not actively seeking either.

I know a lot of people here say give phone numbers right away. I don't like that especially since even right now as I'm typing a POF er is texting me why am I ignoring him when he sees me on. sigh

BTW if you block someone, does that keep them from seeing you on or just messaging?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >