Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JAD2011
Msg: 130
Dating experience I would rather forget!Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
After reading all of these I figured I might as well share one of mine. lol

I had been emailing back and forth with someone (not from POF) for a few weeks and talking by phone for awhile as well.

We agreed to meet for lunch at a restaurant here.

I arrived early and watched the pickup he had described to me pull in but park at the back of the parking lot. He sat in the truck until the time we agreed to meet.

As he came up to my vehicle (which I had described to him) I asked if he was Len and he admitted he was. I got out and he immediately swooped in and kissed me. WTH???

I could tell he was nervous so I told myself to chalk that up to nerves. We proceeded into the restaurant, got a table and began to talk.

They had a buffet or you could order off the menu. I said I was going to look at the buffet before deciding and he gets up and has his arm around my shoulder like hanging on so I wouldn't run off. lol

Went back to the table and just ordered a burger like he did. We talked some. Rather I tried to carry the conversation with him interjecting a few things in there ... about his dogs, his duplex and his grandchildren. Nothing much about him. Oh he did mention the ex a time or two. lol The rest of the time he stared intently at me while we talked. Odd.

He finished half his burger and pushed his plate away. I hadn't even gotten through half of mine yet. He said ... "Are you ready?"

I went ahead and said I was. I figured it would only go downhill from there so why not agree?

He paid for the meal and I waited. He walked me to my vehicle (again holding onto me around the waist like he was afraid I'd run off) and when we got there he proceeded to move in quick for another kiss which I ended much sooner than he wanted.

He asked me over and over to come to his house and "check out his movies" so we could watch one and spend the afternoon together.

I agreed just to get him to let me leave.

As we drove off I headed home. I did call him and say that I had gotten a call from home and couldn't go his place after all and I hope he understood.

I never talked to him by phone again. About 8 months later he messaged me from the site and wanted to talk/email. Asked questions and wanted to meet me like we had never talked before. When I told him that we knew each other and had previously had lunch .... he stopped trying to talk to me.

He made me uncomfortable from the beginning when he swooped in for a kiss but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then when he held onto me whenever I moved like he was desparate or something and just watched me when I talked ..... I knew I was never going to see him again.

UGH!!!

JAD
 highgrade_1
Msg: 131
Dating experience I would rather forget!
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:42:56 AM
Maffers, I think men and women have a different perspective because women generally are more vulnerable if they agree to meet a stranger. I have met only two people on this site - after enough dialogue that I felt reasonably safe meeting them in a public venue. But I am interested to read your logic - I honestly have been scared away by men who were in a hurry to meet in person ; ) I thought that was a big red flag! So I ended all contact with them.
 highgrade_1
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:59:23 AM
Rain587:
Yikes! I'm still new to POF and these stories are freaking me out a lot!

[I never told him where I live but did realize I said a few things that could give a inkling so I really have to watch how I talk. Asking what car you drive and casually asking if nearby establishments are more comfortable for you can give them ammo to search - especially if you live in a small town.]

I also live in a relatively small town, so I agree to meet somewhere public. But I never considered the clues I could be dropping just in innocent conversation! There is so much to learn!!
 NewYorkbiker
Msg: 134
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:01:14 PM
Some of these dating stories made for some very interesting reading.
I was laughing to myself thinking if any of the crazies that were written about in some of these posts would even realize it was them if they happened to be reading through this forum.
As I was going to pick up one of my first dates from another site, we were talking on the phone as I was driving to her house and she was telling me if we were going to be drinking I was going to stay over her place, and this was our first time meeting. When I got to her house, she had already been drinking. We went to dinner, she happened to know the owner and she paid for our dinner without me knowing. She was quite intoxicated when I got her home, and fortunately I was sober enough to get myself home.
I was just a newbie at the time, but I learn very quick.
 PrinceEric
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:44:07 PM
Sumo,

That sounds like one of my better dates.
 sugarmesweet2011
Msg: 136
Posted: 9/6/2011 6:34:31 PM
I just got home from a first meeting that I knew I should have cancelled from this guy's pushiness on the phone. Lesson learned- a red flag is a red flag for a good reason and being too open minded will always backfire. He was a good deal heavier and less attractive than his pics and he keep licking his lips by sticking his tongue out like he was catching flies to the point that I am convinced this is a tic. Conversation was okay, but he did a lot of complaining about past dates and how women here are uptight about physical affection and hung up on good looks. I told him I have to go slow and allow for things to develop naturally.Well, I was tired and mentioned at 8pm that I needed to go.It is a school night after all and I'm a single parent as he is. Well he gets up and says he has to go to the bathroom. The check arrives and I wait. And I wait. And wait some more. I try texting him to tell him I have to leave and was going to leave half the money for the bill. The text won't go through.I try again and again. I have now waited 15 minutes and I don't even take that long in the bathroom as a woman. I knew at that point he had walked out on me ,so I paid the bill and left. His car was gone. I tried to call but he blocked my number. I was furious at this-the only reason I can think of for what he did is that he took extreme offense that I wanted to go home.I sent him a message here that he should find a good psychiatrist because if this is how he functions in the dating world, he has some BIG issues.And then I blocked him.
 key361
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/7/2011 12:21:12 AM
omg...where do i begin?
My date took me out to a Dinner and ran out on the bill. Literally ran out the back door and the staff chased him down the street. It was a nightmare!

Another date took me on a 2 hour drive no where and threatened me by saying if he wanted to cut me up in pieces and throw my body out the door into the street, no one would ever know.....

I won't go into detail about these dates....just be careful and PLEASE look out for any red flags...move with caution....I can say that i have met some incredible, wonderful men on POF, made many friends BUT i've also met the creepiest of creepers too!

Metalldaze
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2011 7:58:31 AM
These threads always, inevitably make me facepalm and ask "what the **** is wrong with people?"
 gypsylady20090
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 10:04:15 AM
Alright...You guys are seriously scaring me. I have never had a bad date but now you guys have me wondering what the law of averages are that bad dates are just around the corner. javascript:smilie('')
 BPD0805
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 10:42:18 AM
thanks for sharing, that was really weird...or better said she was.
 rhonda333
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/26/2011 1:17:54 PM
A few years back a business associate who I knew, came over from the UK and my company asked me to take him to dinner in NYC. Naturally I obliged. We were to go to the symphony first which I really liked. I was wearing a black dress and new Donna Karam hose but I had a raincoat draped over my legs. When the lights dimmed he slipped his hand under the raincoat and held my hand, brushing against my leg from time to time. When the lights came up, I moved the raincoat and was astonished to see my hose in tatters. It seems his rhinestone cufflinks had lost a stone and the jagged setting snagged my hose. Not exactly a date from hell, but I look back with amusement now.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/26/2011 2:44:45 PM
Wayyy back when I first signed up on here ... a man contacted me..he was visiting my town and wanted to meet me as we had chatted on line (he lived about 1.5 hrs north of me) I agreed to meet for coffee. I did not find him attractive at all when we met but we chatted...in the conversation he mentioned he'd been in my town overnight seeing a friend he met on POF.... I asked if he slept with her..he said Yes, and had been for a couple of years. (I was surprised because here he is meeting me) so i asked why he was meeting me if he is sleeping with someone?

Here's his answer: "Well, she is a good friend and has breast cancer, and I've been lactating her breasts, the Doc says it helps her breast cancer... I've been doing it for 2 years and I think it helps her" ... eeehhhh whaaaat??

After choking up my coffee, I excused myself to go to the bathroom and slipped out the side back door!

Sick eh?..he tried several ways to contact me on POF again, and I notice he is still on POF eeewwww
 bookofknowledge
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/26/2011 9:45:07 PM

~OT~ I posted about this in a different thread right after it happened, and I'm still just as creeped out today as I was then. Met him here on POF, talked for months. We planned to go to dinner. He picked me up, opened doors, etc., etc., seemed very nice and such. While driving to the restaurant, it was reasonably pleasant. Well, we sit down across from one another and it started. Staring. I don't mean eye-contact ~ I mean oooooogling-stares. At first I wondered if maybe he was a bit tetched or maybe even a little slower than most ~ just couldn't really figure out WTF!!! The staring then went on on the ride home. He wrote the next day and I wrote back and asked if he'd known he was staring. Yep. He proudly admitted that he was doing it on purpose. I told him it was out and out creepy. He proceeded to ask me out for a month or so ~ not quite getting the extent of the creepiness obviously. I got an email from him a month or so ago (over 3 years since the ooooogling incident) and he again, mentioned the staring and why he was doing so. He's overseas now, and the creepy-factor is still in full-effect. ***shudder***

Cmon, you gotta do way better than this. You dated a guy who was nice in all aspects except he stared at you? Not so bad at all compared to the other stuff I have been reading.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >