Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miss W
Msg: 226
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?Page 10 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

Yes, I find it hard to find people our age in their 50s that arent alcoholics, or have so much anger toward their ex that that is all the guy wants to talk bout, like he is taking it out on me
Oh yeah, there is a lot of that out there. That in itself is enough to drive one to .

Then this guy who is 73 pursued me big time, only to tell me at lunch that his last date lasted 19 days in the Phillipines and cost him $10K but at least she was 24 yrs old he said. ( I call that pedophillia) He didnt bring her home, he didnt marry her, he slept with her and went packing. I found that story of his GROSS.

I agree with you in the fact that this is a gross story and don't know how you sat through this lunch without losing it, but age 24 is old enough to be a consenting adult. The young woman was definitely led on and exploited and was apparently naive or she took the money and saw their "relationship" as a "job". It is my humble opinion that anyone who has to go to other countries to pursue women are misfits in their own country.

I do find it hard to meet any woman over 45 who is not looking for a sugar daddy or to take them to the cleaners.
Generalize much?

It is easy to meet other people in your 50's, just no one you really want to be with. I have learned to ask myself if we share the same values, enjoy each other's company and if we could enhance each other's lives. If not, I .
 leesa60
Msg: 227
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 12/2/2011 4:47:28 PM
Thought it would be much easier at this age, hopefully at this age we already no what we wanna be when we grow up. Trix are 4 kids so that's done but most men I have met on this site are thinking rockin chir life is just beginning at least the fun part, kids are grown retirement is in site and life is good so why not share it
 onencgrits
Msg: 228
Posted: 12/3/2011 3:26:11 AM
Great answer unclezeus! There are many places that over 50 can meet, but those of us still working full time, sometime will not find the time to go that extra mile to look!
 54hollywood
Msg: 229
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:28:01 PM
Hi; Yes it is harder. As we get older in our heads we don't think we have aged but our pictures tell a different story. When we look at the other people close to our own age they just look old and worn out. So both male and female we want the younger partners. They,the younger, look at us and just see old. So we are shot down again. This getting older isn't easy,but just happens any way.
Just take it easy and something will bring someone along!
 livluv1
Msg: 230
Posted: 12/4/2011 4:57:56 PM
I find it hard, not really hard meeting people. I can hold a conversation with anyone. Just how I am. For me I know what I don't want, not real sure what I do want. I am tried of all of the drama. The men I have met are still in love with a ex or they hate a ex, either way that is all they talk about. Might want to think about sticking with your friends to talk to about those issues, instead of a with the woman your out with. :/ People seem to be so mad or sad about life. I say we've mad it to our 50"s, and for me and just like everyone else, it has been want heck of a ride. Hopefully with age we have learned from the mistakes we have made, forgiven the people who have hurt us, (more for ourselves to have our life and happiness back) and truely cherish the people we hold close to our hearts.
Does anyone else HATE that chat feature? On line dating, been doing it for a while but until you actually meet you don't know there has to be an attraction unless you turn into the friend zone. And truthfully do you really stay friends?
Ok , set your bait, throw those poles out there, I hope everyone catches the "fish" you are looking for, you know not a "throw back"
 Watrluvr
Msg: 231
Posted: 12/4/2011 7:48:06 PM
Most don't put it right out there in the profile. You find out after talking or e-mailing with them.
 pickles51
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 9:54:24 PM
'K ...first time posting.....

Sixty, Sexy, Single, Stoned...oh wait! Disregard the last adjective......

I do not have nose hair, communicable diseases, am not looking for a bank account, am fairly witty, educated, well read blah de blah etc....

So what am I doing here?

Trying to find answers as to why men in my age group seem to want chicas 20 years younger? Or want a woman with a Vic Secrets bod? At 60??? get real! Childbirth and gravity are not kind!

Any answers????
 not dolly
Msg: 233
Posted: 12/5/2011 12:28:13 AM
Kuddos to you! Pretty is as pretty does... now don't forget that! Haven't you heard that 60 is the new 50??

50 plussers enjoy candle light. 60 plussers enjoy no light and consider practice for 70 plussers.

80 plussers are the ones having wild unabashed sexcipades!
 Rain587
Msg: 234
Posted: 12/5/2011 7:58:25 AM
I was listening to John Tesh's intelligence for life and he said divorce for over age 50 has doubled in the last year and many are turning to online dating. There are two top senior dating sites (I'm sure I can't mention here) that people like "us" do well on.

I've hidden my profile only because I'm doing the forums for awhile and meeting people in person at local events. I'm still open to date but so many think because I'm 52 I am desperate for a sack run. Amazing how many men over 50 expect the perfect woman. I hope a mirror is in their gift pile this year.
 statemachine500
Msg: 235
Posted: 12/5/2011 7:43:17 PM
The senior sites are busy.Maybe the people are more realistic.From my POV,at least the women want a man close to their own age,not half.Women don't have to be perfect but some effort is appreciated.And yes,men do have to take a good hard look at themselves.You have to remember your weight when you were 19 and calculate for added muscle mass.I have heard from a friend that a number of men need a slap in the mouth for their manners,she is 49 and divorced,men can be quite rude.
 CountryGal4X4
Msg: 236
Posted: 12/7/2011 2:43:44 PM
I live in the boonies....don't drink much so I don't go to bars. That's all there is for singles here no matter how old you are....sigh. Glad to know it is not just me though!
 Donna19063
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/7/2011 6:06:32 PM
They never admit to it in their profiles because they'd be harrassed over it. Trust me, the ones Ive met over 50 always want to recapture their waning youth by trying to date 35 year olds.
The reflection they see in the mirror is that of them in their early 30's rather than the true
reflection . At least in Philadelphia this is true.
 statemachine500
Msg: 238
Posted: 12/7/2011 6:19:18 PM
" Trust me, the ones Ive met over 50 always want to recapture their waning youth by trying to date 35 year olds.
The reflection they see in the mirror is that of them in their early 30's rather than the true
reflection . At least in Philadelphia this is true."

I wouldn't waste one minute with a woman in her 30's....looking for assets.Women in their 40's....looking for puppies!
 vfourmax
Msg: 239
Posted: 12/10/2011 12:02:09 PM
First time posting on the forums but this is an interesting topic.

I have read much of the previous pages though not all. I think that as you grow older that you are much more restrictive in the boundaries of what you find acceptable / unacceptable due to past life experiences.

Although this does narrow the field it does help prevent you wasting your efforts on someone or something that clearly goes against your set criteria.

So meeting someone where you both fit the other ones criteria does become a bit harder. Different people have different expectations as far as what they want or are looking for, some care about financial issues or society status, some care about physical attributes or age while some place a priority on mental or emotional stimulation.

The guy looking for the trophy wife to hang on his arm to take to the company x-mas party is not going to be happy with or searching for the chick that stays in jeans, boots and a flannel shirt with her hair in a pony tail while the woman looking to go on month long vacations to Europe and staying at 5 star hotels is not going to be content with the guy that has a mid level position at Lowes making 35,000 a year.

Whatever you place your priorities on does not mean that you are wrong , just that finding the right person that their priorities coincide with yours can deplete the number of compatable matches that meet such criteria.

As much as we as people may hate to admit it we need to first look at ourselves from a "marketable product" standpoint to be able to set realistic expectations concerning finding a compatable match.

If you are a female sporting an extra 60 lbs you will probably have little success landing the guy that has the big bank account looking for the trophy wife to take to company functions.

If you are a guy that is just average and making just enough to pay your light bill and apartment rent perhaps you need to lower your expectations from the gals that qualify and want to be that trophy wife going on the European vacations.

Basically get realistic in what you have to offer and find someone that fits within those guidelines that can still make you happy. Someone whose lifestyle is that of living in the Hamptons is not looking to live a life in the Bronx.

Just like everything else in life there is more than one side to the tracks. When you are searching profiles take the time to actually read them as you can learn a lot of peoples tendancies in many of them.

Actually as far as meeting total strangers that may truly fit what you are looking for the online aspect does allow you to get an idea of what the person may be about over just meeting a stranger out of the blue. Granted many people type what they want you to hear and maybe not the truth but that is just something that you have to wade through.

Someone thats interest are fine wine, art galleries and opera generally is not going to be looking for a lifestyle where camping, fishing or a nascar race is a priority. Take the time prior to contact to really find someone that may realistically have some shared interest and the same type and general level of lifestyle as you. Failure to do that and you will still be wondering why you can't find a reasonable possibilty of a connection.

They say there is someone for everyone but finding that gem can be an adventure in itself. Just be realistic in your desires and you chances of success rise dramatically.
 Wakela
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/10/2011 1:15:10 PM
I guess that's why so many of the '50ish' men want the 30 year olds! You know, I'd love to have the opportunity to chat with or even meet a guy in his 50's. It certainly doesnt mean that I am expecting you to propose on the first meeting or even date me exclusively.
But, when in your 50's how many years are you going to search for "perfection" and miss out on good times with wonderful, 50ish people??
 dora62
Msg: 241
Posted: 12/10/2011 1:32:54 PM
Oh great, I'm a "product" :(
 noeleena_
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/10/2011 4:23:20 PM
Hi,

Im 64 a woman who's a bit different.... tho i would rather spend the rest of my life with an other woman 1 . because i dont have to worry about sexual details , Haveing a close friend that you can get along with do lots of thinge together, & go place's & meet others with in like many groups im involved with.

I have had my time with my partner for 35 out of 37 years, & we have 3 grown up kids & with 9 grandkids. Jos gave birth to them because i could not , Yes Im interesexed.
& does that stop myself from haveing friends ...no of cause not, Is age the detail ,
not if you give your self to your partner. & friendship can be forged together & does not have to be around sex or spent youth gone.

...noeleena...
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2011 6:50:18 PM

They never admit to it in their profiles because they'd be harrassed over it. Trust me, the ones Ive met over 50 always want to recapture their waning youth by trying to date 35 year olds.
reflection . At least in Philadelphia this is true.

As much as some women say they don't care if a man is looking for a 30 something, woman sure complain about enough. Seems like this is women's favorite topic. Accuse all the men of what some men are doing.

Does this give the go-ahead for men to make stereo type comments about women? Have you thought about the idea that maybe men are tired of the constant complaining that some older women do?

Men are told to look more for personality. With the above attitude there's not much positive to draw a man.
Posted: 12/10/2011 8:52:45 PM
I was married for over 2 decades, separated 4-5 yrs.Was In my late 40's told myself that at least I wasnt 32 yrs old like when my parents divorced. The first year I didnt give it much thought, but as the 2nd year was sliding in I was becoming bittered with the depressing idea that I was never going to be with a man again. The thought of never having sex pissed me off and decided that very year that I was going out and meet someone. Easier said than done. SO I began my journey, every other wknd I would dress up, ( an ordeal, didnt want to look desperate, or have someone confuse me for something else) asked my kids for their approval. It took a awhile before I got somewhat comfortable at sitting at bars/lounge/club drinking alone. I didnt date much as a teenager, married young to the 2nd man I met. So this was not easy. Most guys that hit on me, were much younger, which basically meant they were only interested in being with someone that they wouldnt have to be to attracted to, to avoid becoming attached. Guys in need of a lover. Most younger man think that older woman are less of a risk, because they believe we are no longer in need of having children and or a relationship after being tied up for so many years. And older man or guys our age, are not really interested in us because after regaining their freedom after years of marriage, they are looking for somone younger that doesnt remind them of their X and someone that they can enjoy the crazy things an older woman will be too constricted to engage in. And yes its very hard, this is a stage where some have gained weight, loss hair fullnes, have stretch marks and dont feel very attractive in the nude or under bright light. We have to actually believe in ourselves, in order for us to show some guy that we are worth being looked at. So we have to make a bigger effort than the 30 or 40 yr olds. Oh yeah and by now we are also very choosy, I want someone that is as smart, good looking and strong as my x. It seems the ones that come close are married or just not interested in real dating.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/16/2012 9:59:29 AM
I've said it on other threads and I'll say it again - doing a search of men 50-55 in my area brings back pretty garish results. I'm not even interested in dating most of these guys and I'm ancient myself! Most of them have aged horribly and look like my grandfather, so if they think they can attract a 35 year old woman, God Bless 'em!
 damsel19
Msg: 246
Posted: 3/16/2012 5:27:35 PM
It is harder as we get older to find suitable dates. Online dating services are not generally very satisfactory....Attractive people even harder to find. But women typically are looking hotter younger with all the surgery and enhancements available and then they go for the younger guy. I think we have to realise that we are not going to be sexy and hot after a certain age but dim lighting, music, wine and lingerie go a long way to having a fantasy interlude.
 damsel19
Msg: 247
Posted: 3/16/2012 5:33:04 PM
jersygirl2008

Spot on!!

Men on dating sites are often having themselves on. I agree that men in my age group are typically unattractive and especially online. My god and the lies about height, weight and age!!!

..If they are fit and financial they can get the younger woman and do. So we are left with the cougar hunters and the guys with mother complexes. I would rather be alone. These guys that have abused their bodies and have prematurely aged are a huge turn off.
 statemachine500
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/16/2012 6:18:09 PM

I've said it on other threads and I'll say it again - doing a search of men 50-55 in my area brings back pretty garish results. I'm not even interested in dating most of these guys and I'm ancient myself! Most of them have aged horribly and look like my grandfather, so if they think they can attract a 35 year old woman, God Bless 'em!

I believe you are mostly correct,the only guys that I have known that could land much younger hot women were really loaded,I mean 20-30 million and up.And they got taken,not for everything but a nice bite.We do age,the body you can work on,takes a top flight plastic surgeon to keep you from looking old or like the Joker.At least women can dye their hair without looking foolish.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/16/2012 6:34:03 PM

I believe you are mostly correct,the only guys that I have known that could land much younger hot women were really loaded,I mean 20-30 million and up.And they got taken,not for everything but a nice bite.We do age,the body you can work on,takes a top flight plastic surgeon to keep you from looking old or like the Joker.At least women can dye their hair without looking foolish.

I think I am recently seeing more men at 50 and over that are extremely handsome; great bodies, financially secure etc. Wonder how long it was that these searches were done?

It isnt harder to meet other people if you are willing to get out from behind the screen, project a positive attitude and stop blaming the opposite sex for you being alone.
 Welsh474
Msg: 250
Posted: 3/16/2012 7:17:19 PM
""Men on dating sites are often having themselves on. I agree that men in my age group are typically unattractive and especially online. My god and the lies about height, weight and age!!!""

OMG, I don't know how you have the guts to say something like this about men - you are 65 years old yet on your profile you say 53 - that is a huge 12 year lie. You've stated on many threads your true age - 65. Geez, get over yourself and quit b!tching about men and lies about height, weight and age.

I'm with Giggles on this one - I've only met nice, handsome and secure men in their 50's. And stop blaming the opposite gender for being alone - bang on.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?