Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 251
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?Page 11 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
I agree that men in my age group are typically unattractive and especially online .... These guys that have abused their bodies and have prematurely aged are a huge turn off

This from a woman who convieniently has no picture on her profile by which we can see if she is anything special for her stated age. If you are indeed 65 and stating that you are 53 then I would quess that you do not look especially well preserved for your stated age.

If you would like to prove me and others wrong then post a current full body pic of yourself wearing spandex and no supporting undergarments or perhaps a bikini - and yes I have seen women in thier mid 50's who look great in spandex or even a bikini without spending a fortune on plastic surgury.

A woman such as this would certainly not be considered to be average looking for a 50 yr old woman but a woman who looked like that I could accept being outspoken about not being able to find a man who was as well preserved as she was at her age.
 Jesica10
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:57:45 AM
I agree it is harder to meet attractive people but I don't necessarily mean what they look like facially. Many have let themselves go and are overweight and don't care how they dress. I try to take care of myself, workout, eat right. It is not easy but it is important to me. I want to find someone who feels the same way. I do want to put a caveat on this though. It is not true of everyone, just some I have met.
 arwen52
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2012 4:03:15 PM
It's easy to meet men in their 50s.

It's difficult to meet men in their 50s who have not let themselves get old, fat, and boring.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 254
Posted: 12/13/2012 10:38:37 AM
Well being I am 55 yrs old.. after all this reading,, This old man has never felt more ugly in his whole life..Thank God,, I am in love with a woman who thinks this old fart is HOT...........
 Ready_Real
Msg: 255
Posted: 12/13/2012 10:52:54 AM
Well. I've just connected with a 68 year old gentleman. And brand new as it is, this connection already serves to validate a theme that seems to underlie 1/2 the threads on this 45+ forum: most 45+ singles need a "priority adjustment" from seeking youngER prospects to seeking healthy prospects, age be damned.

I can say one thing for sure: my new acquaintance appears far more physically fit than the majority of 50somethings (of both sexes) who consider wo/men their own age --- "too old." Whether/not he is a match for the likes of me remains to be seen. But if he's not, it won't be because he's "too old"!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 12:50:15 PM
Most of my own amusement for the forums derives from the plethora of women who think anyone older than 55 is a flabby old fart with ED......

I would bet none of them would be able to come anywhere near keeping up with me........
 Just_Normal_guy_in_ct
Msg: 257
Posted: 12/13/2012 1:21:23 PM
Maybe bad luck for me but every single woman i dated that was divorced and in their late 40's and 50's was so damaged from the divorce that any relationship was impossible. So i put my sights on women 7 -15 years younger and found much more mentally healthy dates. Fun, outgoing and never wanted to talk about their ex's.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 258
Posted: 12/13/2012 1:26:25 PM
I don't think it's hard to meet other people in their 50's.
I don't have any trouble meeting people at all. My age
(or theirs) never even come up in the conversations until
much later.

Of course, I only meet people in real life. I don't do well with
the online dating business. I think it's because some people
look better on paper and others look better in real life. I'm one
of the ones that looks better in real life.

I've also not met anyone in real life I couldn't talk to on their
level or keep up with for that matter. I really think all those
"issues" are online or fishes things.

*Puts on her "You looked better in chat" t-shirt and heads out
for a long weekend.*
 rearguard*2
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 2:44:21 PM
Of course, one of the things about people you meet in real life is that they are more likely to be doing things you do, so are more likely to be able to keep up with you, whatever that means....
 johnboy0007
Msg: 260
Posted: 12/15/2012 8:58:01 PM
Where do you live its just the opposite where I am..most women my age about 70% are overweight or obese and dont take good care of themselves.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 261
Posted: 12/15/2012 9:34:51 PM
Johnboy, the same could be said of many men in this age group. Looks and a figure only last so long in this life...child-bearing and caring for everyone but themselves can play havoc with a woman's figure. When I see a man who is fit, tan and plays golf every weekend but whose wife is overweight, tired looking and looking neglected, I wonder why the guy does not make sure his wife has as much time to herself as he gets and vica versa. FInd a woman who is good on the inside, love her and care for her. I'll bet she gets a lot better looking when she isn't carrying the load alone.
 Paderic
Msg: 262
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:23:58 AM
When I see a man who is fit, tan and plays golf every weekend but whose wife is overweight, tired looking and looking neglected, I wonder why the guy does not make sure his wife has as much time to herself as he gets and vica versa.

I wonder why she doesn't get off her arse and do something for herself. Why do so many people blame all their problems on the opposite gender instead of taking responsibility for themselves? Here's a thought, this hypothetical woman could go to the gym while her husband is out golfing...

Obese people get themselves obese. It isn't anyone else's fault.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 263
Posted: 12/16/2012 8:28:05 AM
Johnboy, the same could be said of many men in this age group. Looks and a figure only last so long in this life...child-bearing and caring for everyone but themselves can play havoc with a woman's figure.

We're talking about people in their fifties. By that age, the children have already left the nest in most cases, so that's no excuse. If a woman lets herself go, it's her own fault.

When I see a man who is fit, tan and plays golf every weekend but whose wife is overweight, tired looking and looking neglected, I wonder why the guy does not make sure his wife has as much time to herself as he gets

It's up to each person to balance their own time. Rather than complaining when a man goes off to play golf, she could always learn to play golf, too. If I could do it, so could other women.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 264
Posted: 12/16/2012 8:43:45 PM
I don't find it hard to meet gentleman my own age...just find it hard to meet one I would like to date :)
 hawkeyelady89
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2012 3:05:34 PM
yes it is sure hard to fins anyone in the fifties who are attractive, friendly, nice, honest, sincere to even date... i have been single for three yrs after a twenty yr marriage- how times have changed.... take cuare Happy Holidays... De :)
 hawkeyelady89
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2012 3:06:06 PM
yes it is sure hard to fins anyone in the fifties who are attractive, friendly, nice, honest, sincere to even date... i have been single for three yrs after a twenty yr marriage- how times have changed.... take cuare Happy Holidays... De :)
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 267
Posted: 12/17/2012 7:30:33 PM
I wonder why she doesn't get off her arse and do something for herself. Why do so many people blame all their problems on the opposite gender instead of taking responsibility for themselves? Here's a thought, this hypothetical woman could go to the gym while her husband is out golfing...Obese people get themselves obese. It isn't anyone else's fault.

This is not entirely true. Hormones and genetics also play a part in it all. There is also no denying that not all women (or men) have the same opportunities to leisure time as their spouses/significant others.

Before getting into real estate, I worked for churches and schools and have seen many wives who worked the same 50 hour week as their spouse but they were the ones to chauffuer their kids, cook dinner, help with homework, do the housework and laundry while their husbands went out to the bar, gym, golf course, hunting, fishing, etc. and never lifted a finger around the house or helped with the kids or offered to give their mate a break so they too could have some time to work out, get their hair done, etc. I also knew a few men who had similar situations(though a lot less common)...their wives would think nothing of having their hair/nails done, shopping for hours, hanging out with their girlfriends while the poor guy worked 2 jobs to pay for it all and the kids were left to raise themselves. When a spouse looks neglected, they probably are neglected.
 timeforall
Msg: 268
Posted: 12/17/2012 7:42:23 PM
i.e. smart lady, it is the husband's fault his wife has become a fat slob. Sure thing. Guess what, anybody who wants to make taking care of themselves a priority is perfectly free to do so.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2012 8:29:20 PM
After reading several pages , Its amazing how, so many women hold disdain for the
men their age. To listen to them , one would think we're all ugly , worthless, broke with
unrealistic expectations about who we could date.

I believe that most women , simply refuse to accept , that at 50+ most men have the life they want .
We learned independence , are self supporting , grown children , and for many are truly enjoying life
for the first time.

Enjoying life and their freedoms is very rewarding , so to make a change now requires a truly exceptional
person,.. people confuse this with unrealistic expectations.

Most of their lives women have had the ability to "upgrade" i.e. Sex with a man who is much better looking than her .. its possible this distorted women own self attractiveness

Really ..! If I'm handsome , secure fit, and enjoying life (not saying) ...why not wait for the exceptional ..?
maybe I couldn't have done this 10+ years ago , who cares .! because today I can
wait ...for my princess
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 270
Posted: 12/17/2012 9:23:43 PM
Most of their lives women have had the ability to "upgrade" i.e. Sex with a man who is much better looking than her .. its possible this distorted women own self attractiveness

Huh? That is a completely asinine statement that makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever!
 Paderic
Msg: 271
Posted: 12/18/2012 6:26:05 AM
When a spouse looks neglected, they probably are neglected.

When someone looks neglected, it's because they neglected themselves. Buying into excuses and shifting blame doesn't change that. The reality is that nobody forced them to eat too much and exercise too little. They chose that lifestyle on their own.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2012 3:09:06 PM

Huh? That is a completely asinine statement that makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever!

As if you've never heard the word cougar , I'm not saying she's not attractive ....but in the overall picture he brings much more to the table
you want unrealistic expectations ..? try dating an ex cougar

All I am saying is women have always had the ability to bed someone much better looking than themselves
but when men do it , well we're just dreamers with unrealistic expectations of barbie doll
 statemachine500
Msg: 273
Posted: 12/18/2012 5:43:30 PM
Sooner or later we see it again.It's the man's fault.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 274
Posted: 12/18/2012 6:33:44 PM

As if you've never heard the word cougar , I'm not saying she's not attractive ....but in the overall picture he brings much more to the table you want unrealistic expectations ..? try dating an ex cougar

It really depends on how you define "bringing more to the table". I've always thought of that term as being more applicable to financial assets than to physical assets. Moreover, if one has the former, one can always buy the latter---cougars included.

Personally, I've never really understood the allure of having a "boy toy". For me, good sex has always been free and plentiful. I don't need it to come in a youthful package in order to enjoy it.

All I am saying is women have always had the ability to bed someone much better looking than themselves
but when men do it , well we're just dreamers with unrealistic expectations of barbie doll

There are just as many delusional women in our age group as there are men. As far as I'm concerned, both are equally pathetic.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 275
Posted: 12/18/2012 7:06:34 PM
[Really ..! If I'm handsome , secure fit, and enjoying life (not saying) ...why not wait for the exceptional ..?
maybe I couldn't have done this 10+ years ago , who cares .! because today I can
wait ...for my princess]

I was not man bashing when I said it was hard to find a man I would like to date.....I too, am waiting for the exceptional also and it may be a long wait. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?