Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 standardgears
Msg: 276
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?Page 12 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Chelly, your photos are all of you in short dresses, looking as if you are going clubbing. Perhaps, try some everyday, Chelly about the busines of what interests her shots.
 outonames
Msg: 277
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 12/25/2012 4:43:33 AM
I have just been reading all the answers to meeting over 50 and so on.. I am an attractive 54 year old. I go to the gym. I am bright. There must be a spark. Why is there no spark? not to mention , no one that messages me lives in the same area I do. I will not drive an hour for a relationship. That gets very old after a while.
 timeforall
Msg: 278
Posted: 12/25/2012 7:23:12 AM
I can understand why you would not drive an hour for a relationships. Relationships and being in love are overrated. Much better use of your time would be spent having your nails done. Besides, driving an hour just for a guy? Not worth it. You don't want to give a guy the wrong idea, that you are a giving and selfless person. He might get the wrong idea about you and think you were worth his time.
 labsloveeveryone
Msg: 279
Posted: 12/25/2012 8:55:01 AM
Ha Ha you are sooooo right. There is a lot of 50 year old women out there but not a lot I want to be seen with. As far as "how much is this going to cost me" you are right about that. It's been my experience that a big majority of single women are on the last leg of their alimony and the thought of them actually offering to buy a guy a drink is totally foreign to them. So by saying 95% of men over 50 can't run a mile just shows why you are still single lady.
 statemachine500
Msg: 280
Posted: 12/25/2012 7:32:19 PM
She is likely correct.
 shy2anne
Msg: 281
Posted: 12/25/2012 8:59:38 PM
i am thinking a lot of people over 50 are leading busy lives still and going to bars, looking for dates in church (?i find that a little creepy) just doesn't seem right and so a lot resort to online meet ups.
btw, not everyone our age is out of shape and has a list of ailments.
some have neglected their health all their lives and now their bodies are paying for it.
others have decided to stay in shape, stay active and it sounds like that is what you're looking for. i should think there are a lot of women like that here - even in this forum.
too bad you live on the opposite coast. good luck with your search.
 Guywithabrain
Msg: 282
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:48:36 PM
sorry "NOTso" smartblonde... it sounds like you are making it the spuse's fault or responsibility for (their) appearance. everyone has to take responsibility for themselves. Why do you even WONDER? Maybe he loves her in-spite of her physical appearance. It's a lot easier to love someone who you have been in a relationship with than to meet someone new whose appearance is not, maybe, "optimum". I think you show a very selfiish attitude toward appearance, and speaking from experience, you can lead a horse to water, but... you can't change someone's mind. Grow up and realize everyone must accept responsibility.
 Guywithabrain
Msg: 283
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:52:39 PM
well, you ARE from Ohio.... I find it difficult to meet women from Pittsburgh who don't look like steelworkers.
I guess it's a geographical problem.
 ndependentlady
Msg: 284
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:14:56 PM
It's not difficult to find Foxy 50+'s, if you know where to look in your state, try attending class reunions, sexy seniors love to flaunt it when they still have it!! especially in OHIO where when it's cold we're HOT. (not flashes either)
 douflmeah
Msg: 285
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:15:33 AM
Just read this post, What gives u the right to comment like that about anothers person." In my neck of the woods they use a different term for this kind of encounter" How rude and inconsiderate of u, maligning another persons choices in a public forum..What do they say about that in your neck of the woods???
 12retire
Msg: 286
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:10:02 AM
What is an ex cougar?
 kingdanfish
Msg: 287
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:36:01 PM
I found the longer I was divorced the easier it was to meet people on line and in person. My first online experience was Zoosk. It was awful. Recently seperated I was just not ready to date. I was sad and lonely. Not to mention hurt. Now 3 years later and I am a happy, different person. I don't know if that is you but for me I have become a fun, interesting person to talk too. I like to prepare questions for the person I want to talk to based on the information they have provided on POF. The 3 main sources of info are the chemistry test, needs test and their profile. I also try to write 5-1o women a week. I usually get 2 or 3 hits. I almost always have a date Friday night.

I think the hardest thing to do is find time to see the people you have met on line that you like. I am usually only free on Fridays and Sundays. Between job, kids, life, etc... for some of us it simply is not easy to make time for a new person.

I want to retire to South America. I am learning Spanish. I have dated two women here in Virginia who couldn't speak English for their life. Good luck! Dan
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 288
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:34:32 PM
Time is a great healer.
 justsmgy
Msg: 289
Posted: 1/1/2013 1:55:19 AM
i agree its much harder to date at 50. Some of these women on the site dont have any teeth there skin is so dry and wrinkeld from lack of water and proper nutrition not to mention the bags under there eyes. I mean come on if you want a date do your part. Try to look alive. or like you care....
 AnotherNewFishInWater
Msg: 290
Posted: 1/2/2013 7:01:07 PM
The reason its hard for guys to find woman in their own age group is because the woman have stayed in their houses and raised the children being a stay at home mom. Now they are a home body. They have also been a Mom's taxi service for all the kids in sports. So they have had ZERO time investing into relationships or dating. Now I assume the are custom of being home, having kids come back on weekends and not getting out dancing, rollerskating, pubs, etc. to meet people and all their friends are married so who will they go with.

The real question is where does someone go in their 50's or lets face it....out of school to meet someone.
The only place I have seen is small pubs with live bands where older crowds go and usually its a 911 or ladies night during the week or singles dances held at legions, halls, etc and usually advertised on the internet as singles dances.

It would be nice to see statistics on where most people meet someone when in their 40's, 50's etc.
Some single websites say 1 out of every 5 relationships start with online dating. Well where the heck did the other 4 meet someone? Anyone see any stats on that?

I'm 53 been divorced for 4 years, meet people at POF single events, karaoke, dinner meets, rollerskating, single dances and POF coffee meets. My friends say join bowling...I see a lot of drinking there...some say join volleyball, other friends say go to church more...other ones say move to a larger city so there is a lot to choose from like high school.
 venuscalls
Msg: 291
Posted: 1/7/2013 2:58:08 AM
Meeting? No. Maintaining interest? Yes.
I've just grown so much past what the expectations are for what a relationship has to be in this culture. Does it have to always be marriage or living together? It just seems that the women I've met my age(so far)are less flexible when it comes to parameters or boundaries in relating. Seems to me that finding someone you enjoy and find interesting is more important than it fulfilling some ideal about what a relationship is "supposed" to be. Maybe its just me.
 sweetcassel
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:44:43 PM
there are people out there that are really ok to be with after they are in their 50's....
to the previous message though.... if women hadn't ripped the heart and soul and finances out of their exes, you might be able to find a man that has a bit of drive left in them and not so worried about it happening again...
I agree that parents are responsible for the upbringing of their children but some women go a little overboard I think...
and after you meet someone new and you are supporting the kids in a two income home, do you really still need 1/2 of you exes finances too....
there are plenty of nice people to meet in their 50's...
you might not find them as attractive as when they were in their 30's but look in the mirror... we all have changed since then haven't we???
good luck to all of searching for love.... personality and not neccessarily hot looks have to play a bigger role in our choices these days..
that's how I look at it...
 HappyGal1960
Msg: 293
Posted: 1/9/2013 6:20:59 PM
I agree with you..think it is harder to meet men now..but then,,,I am a lot pickier than I was in my 20's and 30's as I am sure all of you are....:)
 Teemax
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:37:52 PM
I play hockey three times a week,find most of the women 40plus need a nap everyday .My hobbie is collecting cars and I support my grand daughter and spend lots of time with my girls and date and I am still full of energy,the other 24 guys on the team are all in the same age and single. Age come on due you need someone ,thats the question I think its to late after 50 to think of the one.the computer date thing mmmm 3 yrs ago I was on her in my city same women still shopping, to upgrade or find the perfect one.Money well all people have different situation male and female.I here this sight is in women's favor I don t see that if there here that long women read prophiles men look and go mmm like her,,,,,,,, parts etc.The worst match possible could bend over in front of a man no matter what if we like the view we are blind. Women read prophiles look at back grounds and definitely looks to but we as men are dogs lol. No there may be few men that will write something to dispute what I just wrote but we all no as men your hoping a hot women will read it and message you ,you no what I mean lol .
 HpyNPhx
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 8:45:38 AM
You think its tough in your 50s? Dang. How bout in your 70s. Its not so much the desire for a younger woman, but really...............how many old farts are online? haha i may be old, but I am not dead! How bout some get togethers for over 50?
 Lavenderandred
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/11/2013 11:31:40 AM
OP, you think over 50 is bad...I would like the 60's and 70's people forums...finding guys that are in my age group want women in my daughter's age group of 40's....same ol story..."eye of the beholder".
 ForumFiona
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/11/2013 12:13:59 PM

find most of the women 40plus need a nap everyday

I resemble that. Being creative between midnite and 4 AM burns a fair amount of calories. But good slam eh.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 298
Posted: 1/11/2013 6:19:52 PM
No...In fact if anything I am dating more at this stage of my life than I ever have. Finding that special connection...well, thats another story...
 Sky at sunset
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:02:14 AM
Yes I find it very hard to meet gentlemen. I have 2 now single brothers and they tell me the guys are: 1/ in front of their TV's or at a guy activity such as fishing. Senior dances are full of women and the few lucky men can dance all night. Perhaps I should buy a boat. LOL
 mjphoto58
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:29:47 AM
I enjoy some aspects of dating women in their 40's and 50's. The first thing is their kids are grown up and out of the house. The draw backs are some are caring for their parents etc. I think most women online dating want Security. I make OK money but I have decided to make more money so I started another business (I have two). I also have a great full time job. I plan on traveling when child support ends 2015 :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?