Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 419
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?Page 21 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
I've had a few friends that married guys 15 to 20+ years older than them. It seemed fine when the guy was in his 50's or early 60's but now at over 65-ish, my friends are saying "he's turned into an old man". And by this they mean, they want to do less things are just want to stay home, the sex is less frequent or non existent, they "look" old and "act" old, they become their fathers. One friend divorced and the other stays but is not happy and does more and more things outside with friends.

So yup, it's not all that bad when you're 35 and he's 50. But wait 10 or 15 years and see the change. I've never wanted to be with someone old enough to be my father or young enough to be my son.

And no, it's not "normal". It is what some choose, but not all. It's of no benefit to a women in her 50's or 60's to have a guy 20 years older. The phrase "nurse or a purse" comes to mind as does "gold digger" or "ick".
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?