Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whitelily1
Msg: 151
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?Page 7 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
i find it so hard too find a man in his 50's. I had a date and he was a very nice man but was still confused with wether he was ready for dating or not. All I am looking for is a man who is ready for a serious relationship. Looking for a friend and lover.
 nativerock
Msg: 152
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 9/10/2011 3:48:23 PM
I honestly have to say I probably meet more people now than when I was younger.. However finding a love interest is much more difficult for me now as I imagine it is for many men.. The attraction faction and emotional connection are much harder to find.. The good news is you become friends with a whole lot of people..

Always a bonus in my books
nativerock
 Miss W
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/10/2011 5:06:25 PM
I have absolutely no problem meeting people as I have a lot of friends, but finding someone to date is an entirely different matter. It doesn't help either by living in Southern California where guys my age want 25 year olds.
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/11/2011 6:41:31 AM
What is harder is to meet someone who understands that at the age we are, we have different requirements and desires than younger people. For instance, kids, travel, interests and activities. I would not mind dating a younger man, as long as he meets those needs. I have to meet his too, I know that, but when someone emails me and they have kids under the age of 12? I don't walk away, I run!!

Oh, and don't you just hate it when people try to convince you to lower your standards?
 nativerock
Msg: 155
Posted: 9/11/2011 8:05:11 AM

I have to meet his too, I know that, but when someone emails me and they have kids under the age of 12? I don't walk away, I run!!

Interesting how many people would make this a deal breaker.. For me it would not be since I would have loved being a grandmother which unfortunately is not going to happen..

I dated a man for 6 plus months now that had two children at home when I met him.. I had no problem with that.. However they were over the age of 12 but to tell you the truth not sure that would have mattered at all.. The fact that his children wanted to live with him spoke miles to me.. One just moved out on his own and the other I imagine will be there for a couple of more years yet..

Younger men are going to have younger children and so it stands to reason his children would be a little younger than mine that are already out on their own..

I like the fact that he is genuine and did not want to rush into anything for that we held in common.. Other than that fact can't say we found that mental connection that I looked for.. I certainly do not think it had anything to do with a slight age difference.. but an entirely different lifestyle, life experiences as well as our core personality..

nativerock
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 156
Posted: 9/11/2011 8:16:28 AM
I think Location is a factor , Ive notice Californians, Some Midwestern States and Vancouver BC, people over 50's seems to have the most difficulties.

Those in Major urban centers doesn't seem to experience that for the most case, depending on what the person looks like, lets face it even those over 50's is based on looks for the most part. Look at the women or men in their 50's that are attractive, confident , they receive a lot of emails, doesn't mean its all quality emails compared to those that are over weight, obese, plain looking that rarely receives emails?

And then you have the ones that posts one picture of themselves and the rest of the pics of their pets or their cars, motorcycle and other toys, and then they wonder why they dont receive emails?
 whitelily1
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/27/2011 12:50:34 PM
How do I change age restriction on my profile
 Glenoran1
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/27/2011 2:21:07 PM
^^^^^ Click on 'Edit Profile', and there is a bar fairly close to the top which reads 'Edit Profile' ... 'View Your Profile' ... 'Mail Settings' ..., etc.

Click on 'Mail Settings' and change the 'Age Between' (from ... to) settings, then click the 'Update Mail Settings' button at the very bottom.
 spicytomatoesauce
Msg: 159
Posted: 9/27/2011 7:38:07 PM
I'm meeting plenty of guys in ther 50's who are fit. But they are just interested in sex.
If I'm going for the booty call I'll take one of the 40 yr olds that want a piece of me.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/27/2011 8:23:16 PM
I just got an e-mail today from a 29-year-old calling me 'hot' and wanting, as you say, a piece of me. He either was doing it on a dare, or is desperate, to go after a 61-year-old. Or he thinks I'M desperate. Either way, he's sure wrong. But at least I got a chuckle out of it.
 JulMarieP
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/28/2011 9:33:25 AM
I think she is pointing out that women who reach their 50s and are still fit and healthy have a much harder time finding someone to date who is also in their 50s and still fit and healthy. The men in their 50s who are fit and healthy do not want to date a woman who is also in her 50s whatever her phsyical condition. They want to date child-bearing age women even if they don't want children. Ego thing really. Too bad society makes women "cougars" or "cradle robbers" when we want to date men in their 30s and early 40s. . . .
 ohenryx
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2011 1:30:19 PM

quoting whitelily1:

All I am looking for is a man who is ready for a serious relationship. Looking for a friend and lover.

If I might offer a bit of advice: Lay off the "serious" stuff.

Talking about "serious relationship" is likely to scare off the very men who might ask you out, and if you never go out on dates, you will never have any relationship, serious or otherwise. Let things develop, don't try to force them.

Just my opinion, and worth every penny you paid for it.
 Ofallthings
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/30/2011 9:42:00 PM
You are absolutely correct Ready Real. Men in their fifties deal with their own age issues by never dating a woman in their fifties.
They just can't. I have no trouble at all dating younger men but almost impossible to date my own age. One would think the thought of doing the children again would be a deal breaker, but the pursuit to keep their youth trumps it every time.
 justwaitn4U
Msg: 164
Posted: 9/30/2011 9:45:24 PM
Flip ! We weren't very pretty coming out! why would We be pretty goung in?? lol
 Orgulloso
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/1/2011 6:02:50 AM
@JulMarieP,

"Men in their 50's who are fit and healthy do not want to date a woman in her 50's whatever her physical condition."

Uh...wrong. My profile clearly states, please be reasonably fit, not smoke, not use drugs and be a happy person. No where does it say don't be 50. It's my preference to date someone who is looking after her health and well being.

As for the child-bearing age women, again she must meet the same criteria. Age is irrelevant at least for me.

It's too bad that your experience has been egotistical 50 year olds. But please don't place us all into the same boat.

G
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 166
Posted: 10/1/2011 8:52:20 AM

@JulMarieP,

"Men in their 50's who are fit and healthy do not want to date a woman in her 50's whatever her physical condition."

Uh...wrong. My profile clearly states, please be reasonably fit, not smoke, not use drugs and be a happy person. No where does it say don't be 50. It's my preference to date someone who is looking after her health and well being.

As for the child-bearing age women, again she must meet the same criteria. Age is irrelevant at least for me.

It's too bad that your experience has been egotistical 50 year olds. But please don't place us all into the same boat.

This is a very unusual man here....I tend to agree with the original quote. In my experience, most men my age who I run into who are fit, healthy and attractive don't want to have anything to do with a woman over 45...in San Diego, it's 40 tops.
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 167
Posted: 10/1/2011 9:29:07 AM
Dee:
Meetup.com is an excellent way of meeting PEOPLE. It's not a dating site, so there is no pressure. You just get together with people who enjoy the same activities as you do. There are singles meetups and if you are into that, cool...but the majority are just for fun. I've met many friends in my age group.

I still think the best way to meet a date..is to get out and do things that you enjoy. This will bring you into contact with others who enjoy the same activities.

POF? It's entertaining .. but that's about it. I'd much rather meet someone who doesn't judge me by how tall I am, how old I am or my writing style. In real life..it's just person to person.
 WINDMEUP
Msg: 168
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:55:42 AM
it is true that younger women want younger men and older women want men younger than themselves or all the woman want a man that is financially well off or even better lets get real
 mycamp3
Msg: 169
Posted: 10/1/2011 3:19:55 PM
hello ready real

am sorry u have found mostly men with one foot on a banna peel and the other foot in the grave
there are a few gentlemen in 60s and 70s that are hiking/running/walking circles round 40 somethings
u should look for hiking groups with a variety of ages attending
I am very active in a locale hiking group as a co-leader in the east bay of san fran calif.. we are out there,, just getting to be fewer it seems from what other women are saying,, my question to women in thier 40s,, can u keep up ??>< LOL ? !
 Orgulloso
Msg: 170
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:05:02 AM
@BetterthanBlonde,

Thank you. Yes I am different than most. My goal is happiness and my personal experience is that my age (50) has nothing to do with who I am. I can run the basketball court with kids, I don't put poisons into my body and have a healty outlook on life. Shoot, I'm a 50 year old kid at times.

Regards,

G
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:01:37 AM
Weymth:

We need more men like you in San Diego. Yes, there are many men in their 50's who are active and healthy physically here, but unfortunately they don't share your great attitude on age and happiness. Most fit and attractive men like you...want younger...MUCH younger women. Especially if the man has a little money, it's then much easier for him to attract a 25 - 30 year old.

Keep it up!
 cranerrr
Msg: 172
Posted: 10/3/2011 9:41:12 AM
In my opinion, we are all individuals which brings me to your point and agree, it is, all about ATTITUDE. I know people 20 years younger than me who complain all the time and have these negative outlooks. First of all we need to be happy with ourselves before we can be happy with anyone else. That being said it isn't about age and if you meet someone or get a vibe from them that you are too old you should ignore it and just realize they are the one with the probem. Also, when you look at someones profile look for smiles. Do people who don't smile, really think they have a chance!

As you can see from my profile I still feel like i'm my 30's and enjoying every minute of it :)
 libralaughing
Msg: 173
Posted: 10/3/2011 11:35:25 AM
While it's true that many people in my age group are already in a relationship, there's ALOT of men and women who now find themselves single and are getting back into the 'dating pool.' Now, in regard to the question: is it HARDER to meet other people in their 50s? In some ways 'yes' and in some ways 'no.' I know people who were with someone for decades and now, through divorce, are trying to 'find' the same person again REGARDLESS of the age. I know someone, divorced a number of years and, with a few relationships gone sour, says he's lonely as anything but that he doesn't want to take on anyone else's problems. One woman said she doesn't want to date since she 'knows' she'll end up with just another version of her ******* ex-husband. It makes me wonder if a large part of the problem is the roadblocks that are put up ahead of time. No one gets hurt because no one goes down that road.
 Raymondsh
Msg: 174
Posted: 10/3/2011 1:16:33 PM
I'm curious why so many single women in thier 40's and 50's are still on this site. exaggerated expectations? Age makes us all ugly.
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 175
Posted: 10/3/2011 7:04:59 PM

I'm curious why so many single women in thier 40's and 50's are still on this site. exaggerated expectations? Age makes us all ugly.

I love it!
LOL..I like the way you made it into a joke..when in reality you probably really mean it.

Why are so many single women in their 40's and 50's on here? It's because there are so many men in our age group who have exaggerated expectations....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?