Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mar304
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?Page 8 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
absolutely....as others have said....most men are looking for that perfect, gorgeous trophy girl and if you are a plus size woman, no matter if you're fun, witty, intelligent, normal, and sexy.....not many men are interested, except some 30 and 20 somethings.....or men in their upper 60's.... I find that I am more interested in someone my own age...but I guess I'm asking for too much.....
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 177
Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 10/6/2011 11:38:15 PM
Yes it is harder to meet attractive people over 50. Men over 50 want younger hotties and actually so do some women!!! ..It is hard to meet people of any age I would say depending where you live, and the dating sites are not really the place in my opinion.
Dont take it too seriously. Full of liars and players.... I agree that to meet others in a situation where there are common interests and you can see how they look, from the get go. Check on their backgrounds, mutual friends etc.

Catcharay
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/7/2011 6:02:48 AM
Yes it is harder to meet somebody special in your 5o's, though I had some pretty good experiences. However, women tend to be afraid of love and commitment by then. They've been hurt and don't want anything like it again. Meanwhile, guys seem to be after their bodies and not their soul. And then there's always the question about how long will life last and, therefore, the commitment. The predicament is experiencing loneliness and wanting companionship, but being afraid of it.
 camaro67
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/10/2011 6:34:38 AM
i think most times it is harder and most will not move or they need someon perfect for them. and the only one like that is the person they see when they brush their teeth in front of the mirror. if a lady lives a distance away. it's not meet in the middle, u just keep driving to where i am even if it's 2 hours or more. i am guessing that most ladies will not write to aman either. they will put something on the want to meet you and haven't really fully read your profile . if i want to meet someone i would send them a note at least. good luck to all and enjoy the poor fishin.
 Natgoat
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/10/2011 1:09:09 PM
Rather than being overly complicated about an answer...
While there Are lots of very attractive members of the opposite sex in the 50+-range,
A larger % of them are already taken...or burnt-out on life, the universe and everything...
as opposed to the ~younger-set~
..Also, there's the filters for Distance and preferences for 'hair', etc...
and other quals that effectively eliminate a persons 'potential availability'..!!
So, YES...it's harder...
But we still T r y..!!
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 181
Posted: 10/10/2011 6:30:52 PM
Maxcart..in my experience I find WOMEN tend to take better care of themselves than men do. In my area there are many, many women who are aging very well and quite a few men. Although, I tend to see a lot of over 50 year old men with pot bellies and unkempt hair, I don't think that's the majority. It has to do with genes and lifestyle so I think your brutally honest statement isn't so accurate.

I am VERY interested in sex...I guess in your area women are different. I don't think I know one woman over 45 who isn't just as interested in sex as any young woman.

You brought into the old stereotype..did you ever think the reason older women aren't into sex...is older men?

(not all of you now..not all of you!
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/10/2011 7:56:19 PM
Azul14..if I wasn't heterosexual..I'd ask you out! To be 'brutally honest'....LOL
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 183
Posted: 10/10/2011 9:30:16 PM
You mean Maxcart and his buddies? LOL..yeah...too funny. I know women in their fifties who look better than women in their 20's. I never had kids..so I'm not sure what he's talking about..hahahahaha
 Caithrn59
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2011 4:28:04 AM
yes I do, thats when most of our kids are grown and on their own, i still have two kids at home a 13 yr old and 17 yr old, plus some of the men and ive heard women too are looking for barbie and ken, when they can have a real person who enjoys life and laughter!
 Jaxon3468
Msg: 185
Posted: 10/11/2011 5:14:06 AM
It is very difficult to meet people in their 50's. I believe a big part of the
problem is ourselves. We look at others and say I look better than that,
get a date with someone and find out you really are not "better than that".
We are more cautious, sometimes to an extreme, and often so set in our
ways that we aren't willing to give people a chance. The wonderfulness of
the internet, making it that much easier to keep people at more than arms
length.
 nativerock
Msg: 186
Posted: 10/11/2011 5:57:31 AM

I know women in their fifties who look better than women in their 20's. I never had kids..so I'm not sure what he's talking about..hahahahaha

Got in a little late here so not exactly sure what you are talking about when referencing women that have had children.. So I am taking a guess this is an excuse for being out of shape.. That is so silly, as a matter of fact when I was in the top 10 in Montreal years ago for fitness I was competing with many women who have never had a child..As I look around my yoga class today I could not tell you which women have had children.. I would have to guess the older ones may have..but that is only because of the age not because they are sporting a matronly body.

Healthy diet and good exercise works wonders...

nativerock
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 187
Posted: 10/11/2011 6:15:00 AM
Agreed Nativerock..it doesn't matter whether a woman has had children or not....I was joking around. It's all in how you take care of yourself.

White men also tend not to be as 'forgiving' as other races when it comes to a couple of extra pounds and some curves. The majority tend to like women who are tall and slim. This could have something to do with it also.
 paulieg1
Msg: 188
Posted: 10/14/2011 7:54:36 AM
I've been on POF for a while - had a few dates - most thought I was their hooker for the night. Never understood why they thought I was their plaything for the evening. And I never met anyone for weeks after we e-mailed each other and spoke on the phone a few times. I made myself perfectly clear too. Maybe they thought once I saw them I'd fall head over heels in lust with them? Not likely, every man I met, DIDN'T LOOK like their pictures, and I really have to know, like and be with someone a while before sex enters the picture. I haven't dated in about 2 years now.

So, to answer your question - no it's not hard to find other people in any age range, it's hard to find people that have morals and respect...............
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 189
Posted: 10/14/2011 8:53:50 AM
Once you get older, it's hard to meet new people period. Especially one to make "friends" with. I join groups, clubs, etc of all ages & see where things go. Pursue your own interests & quality people will fall into your lap.

It is sad that the not-so-nice people of either gender have ruined it for the decent ones on this site. Perhaps we all need to focus on the positive, myself included
 Glenoran1
Msg: 190
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:12:31 AM
I'm sorry you had such a boor messaging you, but please 'consider the source' and don't paint the rest of the site with the same brush.

In general society, there has always been the 'silent majority' who goes about their business in a civilized and well-mannered way, and there's the 'rowdy and uncouth few' who are extremely vocal and give the impression that there are more of them than there actually are. They just get around a lot, make a lot of noise, stir up trouble as much as they can and get the attention they're trolling for. Negative attention is all they want, anyway. We shrug them off when we see them acting up in public; in writing, it's no different. Trashy people will use any medium to strut their stuff.
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 191
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:18:23 AM
Tiggsy:

OMG!
That is so rude...just don't take this site very seriously, that's what I found. I am very disillusioned, that is why I hid my profile and only come on the forums! I've been sent several messages by guys in their late 40's and 50's stating pretty much the same: I'm too old to have sex with, too fat and why am I wasting my time on here embarassing myself!

Keep the faith!
 jms9961
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:53:21 AM
yes, most definitely
 ohenryx
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:39:09 PM

Betterthanblond1331 said:
I've been sent several messages by guys in their late 40's and 50's stating pretty much the same: I'm too old to have sex with, too fat and why am I wasting my time on here embarassing myself!

I have 3 words for you: "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Don't let the **stards grind you down. Seriously, hold your head up, and ignore the **stards. You are an attractive woman, if you were closer to me I would be very proud to take you out on the town and show you off.
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 194
Posted: 10/17/2011 6:19:45 AM
:

Betterthanblond1331 said:
I've been sent several messages by guys in their late 40's and 50's stating pretty much the same: I'm too old to have sex with, too fat and why am I wasting my time on here embarassing myself!

I have 3 words for you: "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Don't let the **stards grind you down. Seriously, hold your head up, and ignore the **stards. You are an attractive woman, if you were closer to me I would be very proud to take you out on the town and show you off.

Thank you.

I really wasn't "fishing" for a compliment..but it's always nice! LOL...

This doesn't bother me at all any more, although it used to. Since I've stopped actually looking for a date and just concentrated on having fun and spending quality time with people I really care about, I've found that there are many men in REAL life that appreciate women my age (and with my looks). I've met several men in their EARLY 40's who are very interested in me and who aren't shallow. I've yet to meet a man over 45 who actually wants more than a quickie..but I have met several younger men who are looking for more than a one night stand.

My point is, I guess..is that for me at least, it isn't quite so difficult to meet people in their 50's, it's difficult meeting those who are accepting of women their own age and who share my interests.

RandomScause
Msg: 195
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:21:37 PM
"Illegitimitinititti butti etc."

I don't get this, twiggzy and Betterthanablonde. You two ladies got ever so upset over the few guys who put you down, and you both glided over the army of men who individually very much wanted to date you.

In a way I understand, when I put my woman-hat on. Compliments are like air... being wanted is natural and a given... being called not very attractive summons up a fury that hell doth itself not agnowe.

If a guy gets a non-rejection... after a thousand rejections... and an acceptance to his invitation to a coffee date, when he and the lady are both in their fifties... he can't believe his good luck. He'll talk about that all day long to his grand children, and bring his aging mother a bouquet of colorful flowers and mickey of whiskey. He will pinch the buttocks of the meterman who writes him a ticket, and will pay twenty british sterling pounds to the coffee wench for a two-fifty tab.

Everything is relative and nothing can be viewed from outside of a perspective.
 RandomScause
Msg: 196
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:25:35 PM
Frankly, when I was in my twenties and thirties, I had fifty-some year old women come out of my pores. It was easy then, and the fish were jumping and the condon high.

In my fifties I had not a single woman in her fifties even as much as spit at me.

And they say men are shallow, and women go for the inner beauty. Bah!... I got inner beauty that would last a regular poet a thousand years, but I'm stuck with having to use it all up in one lifetime.
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 197
Posted: 10/17/2011 6:58:14 PM
Um..excuse me RandomScause..how do you know that I have an ARMY of men who want to date me? I have been on maybe 4 dates in the year or so I've been on here.

Few guys? Let's see, I only gave one example...but I have had MANY men both online and off-line reject me and put me down. I've written over 100 emails and gotten maybe 5 legitimate, positive responses. I don't dwell on the nasty ones, there are many...I just brought up the point because it was part of the discussion.

Oh..and of the four dates? Only 1 was over 50.
 Betterthanblond1331
Msg: 198
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:00:43 PM
LOL..your profile is funny..I'd write you for a laugh.

You know, women are shallow too...men AND women are shallow. There are good ones out there...but..well..we just need to be patient is all.
 gentleplus
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:37:41 AM
Spring.... maybe that is your experience.... in my social circles of 50+ people in a large metro area near Chicago.... that observation of age disparity in dating/relationship is way off and a total rarity ........ I routinely am in the company about 100 + singles on a weekly basis socially who are 50+.... there is only one guy I have EVER seen with a date significantly younger.... and I suspect it was a one time "rental"...
 TryAgan
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 8:51:42 AM
Msg 247 - gentleplus

I routinely am in the company about 100 + singles on a weekly basis socially who are 50+.... there is only one guy I have EVER seen with a date significantly younger.... and I suspect it was a one time "rental"...

1. Absolutely agree with the above poster in that overwhelming majority men are looking for a partner in the same age range.

Msg 246 - springfish

Majority of the 50 year old men, do not want to date a woman their age....The ones that are fit are looking for 20 and 30 year olds.

2. Comments like this, come usualy from women who ran out of other excuses why they can't find anyoneone interested in them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?