Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Debyduz_
Msg: 40
Am I in the wrong or is he unappreciative?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
You are too pretty to put up with that. You should have walked out of the movie and never talked to him again. You can do better then that picking guys from a bar.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 41
Am I in the wrong or is he unappreciative?
Posted: 9/4/2012 4:04:29 PM
you reap what you sow. the guy treats you like crap and you still date him, sleep with him, drive him back and forth to work, ect. i have the feeling you dont know what a "good guy" is. thats very sad.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/4/2012 4:37:38 PM
Since he doesnt have a car, guessing you drove to the movies. When he told you, you didnt need a pretzel, I would of said, Your right, but you do need a ride home. Dont date people you work with. Move on. Wish you the very best!!!
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/4/2012 4:49:44 PM
I am trying like hell not to laugh, and failing miserably.
You had sex with this guy even AFTER the pretzel thing happened? AND went out with him AGAIN?
For the love of god girl, dump him, run the other way as fast as you possibly can and NEVER admit to having slept with him. He is NOT into you no man treats a woman that way if I would have been at the theater and overheard that conversation I PERSONALLY would have bought you a pretzel.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/4/2012 5:29:13 PM
You are ALLOWING this man to mistreat you.

Take the advice of the people on this thread and drop him.

Really.

Now.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/4/2012 6:31:22 PM
OP...you are in serious need of counseling to get to the bottom of WHY you would allow someone to treat you like this....period. And then you kept going back for more....??????
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/4/2012 6:57:13 PM
He's a dink.

End of story.

Anyone who doesnt order you a stupid lil bagel when you drive them to work everyday.......really....you dont know this?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/4/2012 7:55:17 PM
Hey OP, it's been over a year now. I sincerely hope you've raised your standards in guys since you started this thread.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2012 7:57:07 PM
since they likely just marked their first anniversary, i'm betting he asked her what restaurant she'd like to go to to celebrate, borrowed a hundred bucks and treated himself to a nice dinner there.
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/4/2012 8:59:05 PM
he is a classic control oriented abuser. He will progressively criticize your choices, appearance, family and freinds until he completely isolates you, then he will begin physically abusing you. Get away from him ASAP. This is the worst and most dangerous kind of sociopath. You are thinking that he is being rude. This is not rudeness, this is called GROOMING. He is grooming you to be disrespected and controlled. YOU ARE IN SERIOUS DANGER.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/4/2012 11:25:49 PM
OP...by looking at your profile, you appear to be a sweet, pretty and naive young lady. Bottom line, he isn't a nice guy and you enabled that behavior. He had a need and he counted on your being a nice and naive person and used that to his advantage. Don't be someone's doormat. Have more faith in yourself and find someone that will treat you better; the way you deserve to be treated.

Another thing....never date someone from work. Whether they work in the same company or have a consistent affiliation with your place of employment...don't mix personal and business.
 Cecilly
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/5/2012 9:18:35 AM
He sounds like a user. Don't let him use you.
 matt051177
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/5/2012 9:23:50 AM
OP, first of all, I've never understood why pretty women your age even resort to this site. You can always trudge through the sewers when you're in your 30's--get out there and meet real people while you're young.

Second of all, this guy sounds like a grade-A loser. You probably should have walked away immediately after Pretzelgate, but don't sweat it. Live and learn.
 windchymes
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2012 9:29:34 AM
Sounds like he has a sense of entitlement a mile long. I mean, why should he pay for anything when the chicks are so willing to pay for him?

I'm glad it's been a year and he's in the past, but I would have walked out of the movie theater the minute I realized he was serious when he said, "you don't need a pretzel". As you can see, things only got worse.

Don't spend so much time analyzing and justifying bad behavior. Bad behavior is what it is, bad behavior. If there is a deep psychological reason for bad behavior, let THEM figure it out and come to you with explanations and apologies, don't pad the way for them, i.e. enable them.

There are people, men and women alike, who think, geez, I acted bad and got this good treatment. I must be doing something right! Now, where in the world did they get that idea?
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/5/2012 1:55:45 PM
I read the original post and a few after but if some of this is redundant I apologize the thread is long I did not read it all.

It amazes me the stuff we will look the other way on at the beginning of a relationship. We really have to look out for our selfishness...because that's exactly what it is! We get so submersed in ourselves and what we want to be true that we neglect reality.

I am very sorry for this beautiful young woman. I truly wish I could bring the experience in relationships I have to her with a flash of a wand so she does not get stuck...but that is where she is headed. You need to assert yourself and deal with issues as they arise or you are in for a lot of heartache, pain and waste of good time in your life. And that is not due to the other person either it's you!

I have done it and I have seen a lot of other people do it--doom our relationship right from the get go and then hang in there hoping for it to get better. Unfortunately, too much damage has been done in the communication style to ever recovery without huge amounts of effort most people aren't willing to put in.

Now I am not going to focus on how much of an idiot this guy is for I don't know him. It sounds like you really like him and that is wonderful. And you never know were you to address issues as they arise he might be open to learning some of these character flaws of his...and you might also gain a deeper and better understanding of where he is coming from. Armed with this knowlege the both of you might grow together as human beings instead of being the walking disasters together that you are...
 bamagrl68
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/5/2012 2:14:53 PM
notsonorm- You should have dumped him after the way he treated you on your first date.
He doesn't deserve another minute of your time.
Move on and find someone who isn't so self-centered.
 annywn
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/5/2012 7:45:27 PM
what a horribly traumatic experience for you. how ever will you survive it.
 Feather21
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/5/2012 10:36:55 PM
What a pig!

After the preztel comment, I would've walked out for sure.

Good riddance!
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/8/2012 11:57:06 AM
He proceeded to ask me what I desire to get and after I said I want a small soda and a pretzel he shot me down and said I don't need a pretzel and didn't get it for me.

Rude, controlling, disrespectful & let's not forget, idiot. This was your red flag to never see him again, but you gave him another chance &gnored the red flag.

Sohe walks uporders himself a coffee and a bagel and doesn't order me shit. I was in disbelief.

Ahole, cheap, appreciates nothing, user

I told him I'd give him rides to and from work so he wouldn't have to bus it. He doesn't livefar fromme, but it is the opposite direction from work and out of my way

You're being too nice, being used, being taken advantage of. What happened to his car? He could have at least gave you gas money or bought you lunch, he did nothing to show any appreciation. It's hard enough getting yourself to work on time, & you had to leave earlier to pick him up.

Dump this idiot, he isn't worth your time. Stop doing things for him. Don't speak to him anymore. If you see him at work, ignore him, but say him back if he greets you, then move on. Don't appear mad. He is a user, is ill mannered, is cheap, I could go on & on...yoor 1st clue was, he was too cheap to buy you the pretzel. Being cheap is a bad trait, & there are always more bad traits to follow when they are cheap...
IMO, you slept with him too soon. Next time don't ignore the red flags, this guy was a red flag from the minute his cheap a$$ disrespected you at the movies.
 CharminC
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/8/2012 1:51:52 PM
He's an ass
You're a doormat

Next?
 RandomFish123
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/11/2012 9:22:41 PM
Unless his di(k is made of gold, please DROP this guy ... ASAP.

Then again, even if his di(ck was made of gold, with that sort of attitude he wouldn't be worth the anguish you'd have to go through ....

DonnaK45
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/12/2012 6:02:32 PM
You should have never gone past the first rude comment. He sounds like a moocher and doesn't deserve someone as nice as you!!
 oscarward
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:58:40 PM
He is a toad.Don't cater to his low level ass.
 oscarward
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/12/2012 8:02:26 PM
HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT MY D)CK IS MADE CRAVINGS FOR GOLDEN P))SSY.
 jar1184
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/13/2014 9:47:28 PM
He sounds like a douche bag. Get rid of him, as you already have!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >