Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do all single moms have problems with dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 176
Do all single moms have problems with dating?Page 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
its the fatback...alot leaner.
I think its called that, because around the edges, it is covered with a cornmeal of sort.
Im still trying to find out how I can get it to California
 TheLexxii
Msg: 177
Do all single moms have problems with dating?
Posted: 11/11/2011 8:40:35 AM
My only challenge is time and since it is so limited, I'm very decided and specific about what I want and selective about who I date. When we decide what we want and stay committed to our goal, we can accomplish great things.

All the best to all of you on your journey...

~T
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 178
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:00:50 AM
Rivergirl, i think Diamond Bar is a really lovely area.

I also love the hustle & bustle of Los Angeles, the culture, the vibe, the atmosphere, but hated the feeling of having to lock & deadbolt all my doors & not walk alone when enaring dark. (When i moved to Key West, FL.........i fell in love with how everyone left their doors open all day & night, & everypne in town was like one big family.

San Diego was lovely, if i ever went back to CA i would live there again.
 OMGyaa
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:26:47 AM
If you don't like cold, come to the west coast. Shit, we usually have flowers coming up by the end of January on Vancouver Island. The rest of Canada is covered in snow from September till the end of July

Wow , I hope you were kidding because if you weren't you really need to get off the island and check out more of our great country . Most of Canada does not have that long of a snow season ( mid Dec to mid March is typical for most people in Canada) . If you check a map you will notice that southern Ontario is south of a few of the northern US states and for those living around lake Ontario the weather is a bit milder and gets less annual snowfall then a lot of the northern US.

Although , Victoria and Vancouver are beautiful I could not live there myself due to lack of sunshine ( at least in the Vancouver area) . To me southern Ontario is much nicer , warmer weather, lots of interesting places to go and natural diversity . Niagara falls and the wineries are great for example.

Grrrrr now I have to go buy some peameal bacon today... thanks Ice
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/11/2011 2:27:01 PM
I found a website that you can buy Peameal bacon online from, directly from Canada

So far, the cheapest Ive found is a 2.5 lb. chub for about $43
 OMGyaa
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/11/2011 2:43:52 PM
You can always try and ask a local butcher to make it or possibly try and make it yourself ( there are recipies online) . It wont be the same but is suppose to be similar .

I just bought some peameal bacon myself and plan on having some for breakfast on the weekend.

Iceman should be excited they just found some old colonel Sander's recipies and will release them online . Guess you will be able to make your own KFC in the comforts of your own home.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/11/2011 5:38:08 PM

Wow , I hope you were kidding because if you weren't you really need to get off the island and check out more of our great country . Most of Canada does not have that long of a snow season ( mid Dec to mid March is typical for most people in Canada) .

Dude, I've spent winters in Montreal, Churchill, Winnipeg, Alberta and I grew up in Northern BC. I've been more than a few places and know all about seasons in various places.

Maybe you should check out a west coast winter. Believe it or not, it doesn't rain every day, and when it does, you don't have to shovel it.

And, yeah, flowers do start sprouting in January.

So, Capitano, you're saying Vancouver is where it's at.

Well, Vancouver's great, but I live on the east coast of Vancouver Island. I can look out any clear day and see Vancouver across the Strait. I look over there and I'm happy I don't live there any more. The Island is much nicer than the Lower Mainland weather-wise.

Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/11/2011 7:00:06 PM

Iceman should be excited they just found some old colonel Sander's recipies and will release them online . Guess you will be able to make your own KFC in the comforts of your own home.
yeah I will doing that as Im watching the Maple Leafs play and make the play offs and win the stanley cup, yeah I will wear my winter coat as hell just froze over
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/11/2011 7:47:29 PM

"22 Minutes", "Corner Gas" and "Rick Mercer Report".

Amazing shows!

You forgot the Red Green Show.

Along with that we ship over some fantastic comedians to the States.

I met Rick Mercer a couple years back.
He came out to tape my buddies side car racing.
Nice guy ... little short tho.

Every time I go through Midway Airport in Chicago
I have to laugh at the statues of the Blues Brothers.
Do the Americans not realize that Dan Akrod and John Belushie are Canadians?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:23:01 AM

(cdn_iceman) I forgot you're in the US Starledbylight, its a type of bacon that is juicier, tastier than regular bacon and not as fattening as regular bacon.

*sigh* The PROPER response would have been, "Peameal bacon is served by Canadian men to lovely American women who are guests in our beautiful country."

Sheesh...

Arlo...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:25:56 AM

(5150Rivergirl) I found a website that you can buy Peameal bacon online from, directly from Canada

So far, the cheapest Ive found is a 2.5 lb. chub for about $43

Yeah, but you need a Canadian to cook it...

Arlo...
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:31:44 AM

Do the Americans not realize that Dan Akrod and John Belushie are Canadians?

.... Belushi wasn't Canadian.

Jim Carrey is as are/were: Tommy Chong, Mike Myers, John Candy, Eugene Levy, Leslie Neilsen, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short.....

Comedy is one of our greastest exports...

Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:39:42 AM
Tommy Chong is Canadian? wow just learned something new , thanks Capitano
I met John Candy years ago at a Argo game when He co owned the Argos with Gretzky and McNall, what a great loveable guy, one of the truly great ones that was taken away from us , I cant say the same for Meyers

Leslie Neilson was a comic genius, Short was underrated, Levy is just a genius and Ohara is adorable, you are right we have some talent up here and they love peameal bacon too.
 Wh1te_Rabb1t
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:50:59 AM
Sorry guys - I'm from Minnesota. Nothing Canucks do really impresses me. Including play hockey.

We get all the same cold weather in the winter, PLUS the hot sticky crap like Florida in the summer.

If you think ethnic foods are impressive, I double-dog-dare you to have a plate of Lutefisk.

Can be either lock down this thread or get back to the subject at hand?

http://www.trephination.net/gallery/macros/derailed1.jpg
 1nozlnts
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/12/2011 12:57:46 PM
I think its both single moms and dads cause I have 4 of mine and coordinating an actual one on one date is crazy plus the fact I don't want to get my kids involved in it is another. I don't want them to see the whole process but finding a baby sitter is hard to do as well. Also it seems that I am meeting all sorts of liars cheaters and fakes so I am beginning to wonder if its worth it especially since I pay for dating sites
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:21:12 PM

Sorry guys - I'm from Minnesota. Nothing Canucks do really impresses me. Including play hockey.
And no one from Minnesota impresses us... Twins, Wild or Vikings so we are even, but back the topic as you graciously pointed out

Do All single moms have problems with dating? Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Brits doesnt matter, some do and some don't, just look at the participants on this very thread, the rivers, lint spotters etc don't and some do its a matter of how one feels about one self I suspect
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:40:46 PM

John was raised in a Chicago suburb, along with his three siblings: younger brothers Billy and Jim and his ..... Place of birth, Chicago, Illinois, United States ...

Oh my ...

I stand corrected.
Thanks for pointing that out Captaino.

Next time I am in Midway,
I will keep my smirk to myself.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 193
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:49:57 PM

Can be either lock down this thread or get back to the subject at hand?

after you spent a paragraph addressing something off topic as well?
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/12/2011 4:01:44 PM

I stand corrected.
Thanks for pointing that out Captaino

No biggie...

... and continue being smug, if you feel like it.

Every once in a while, I like to point out to Americans that Canada was the only country to really kick American ass in a war.

almondjoy1988
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/12/2011 5:38:35 PM
No you are not the only one. I am a single mom of one and I have one on the way. I have had several guys say oohhh no problem then when it comes down to meeting they have excuses on why they can't.
 creme_ofthecrop
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:59:04 AM
could be you and not the being a mom thing
 ThickNSweetGirl
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:57:46 PM
YES! I am so busy with school,work,being a PTA mom,I Coach kids soccer and baseball. Its hard to date. I really want that one person to spend forever with, but usually when a guy finds out you have kids they consider you damaged goods or something, UGH, And single dads are hard to find... So it can be hard, but just know it will happen when it happens, whatever you may be looking for.
 wooliepack
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:29:35 PM
I reconnected with an old friend after fourteen years. She now has three kids from two different men, and one of those is a psychotic prison inmate. They can't keep him locked up forever, so when he gets out, he comes back to her, and she always takes him in-- even though he's tried more than once to kill her. I've stopped being involved with her. Twenty years ago, I wanted to marry her. Glad I missed that trainwreck!
My recentest ex has two smart kids in college, a home she can't afford, a horse, a career gone down the toilet, and a toxic ex who wants to embezzle their retirement account. Where could I fit in here? I tried to be her refuge, but after a few months she gave me the "I need time" talk and pretty much ended it then.
This was right before Christmas...
Her friends gave her a lot of heat for dumping me.
Another woman I became very attached to told me that she'd signed up her three kids for sports leagues, and it would take all her weekends, from March through November. I could have responded better, but it would have ended the same way. This was right before Christmas...
I can usually have a brief good time with a single mom, but it doesn't last.
 cutenperky2
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:40:45 PM
There are two problems one is leaving your children and not worrying about them or feeling guilty doing that alot. My daughter felt I was choosing someone else to do fun things with and it made her feel bad. The second problem I have had is that the guys i have dated who have no kids and never married seem annoyed to have my kids there. So it is a tough situation. The only time i was mentally free to go out was when my children with at my parents for the night. Then they didnt feel put off and I didnt have to worry about anything. Now I have older children who are in there 20s so it does not matter. It is tough because i wanted to spend as much time as i could with my kids. I still till this day feel bad for the time i chose to go out with a guy and ignore them.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/16/2011 7:19:42 AM
OP: you asked:

"Do all single moms have problems with dating?"

The answer is, no, just the ones who complain about it all the time.

Arlo...
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do all single moms have problems with dating?