Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do women take rejection as well as men do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 22
Do women take rejection as well as men do?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I noticed that a few women on here that messaged me and I politely responded not interested a few days later I go back to my inbox and noticed that there account has been closed. I have rejected a lot on here even super pretty ones because I have no interest in them based on what I read in there profile. I am a guy not only into looks. I like smart intellectual edcuated women.

The reason they closed THEIR accounts was because they met someone else who was a better match for them than you. Get over yourself. If you want "educated", it would behoove you to learn how to spell it.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 23
Do women take rejection as well as men do?
Posted: 8/5/2011 8:28:59 AM

But back on topic...why did the ones I reject close there (sic) account a day later after I rejected them?

Dunno, but the common denominator is you. Be careful who you reject on here, give you another ten days, you'll probably do away with half the female profiles in your area. Some people won't take kindly to that.

Now, could you reject me? I've been trying to get off here for years...
 femaleconnection
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/5/2011 8:29:38 AM
OP, many times before I can even open an email from someone, POF indicates the user has already closed thier profile. And I didnt even have the chance to read what they wrote to me, never mind 'reject' them.

I guess I could draw all types of conclusions as to why someone would email me, then close thier account before I could respond...but really? I have no clue. It could be that it was a fake profile and someone else reported it, so it was shut down. It could be they figured online sucks in general,. and closed...you have no way of knowing what is actually going on in someones life who happens to have a profile and you happened to reject them online...but to suppose it is all because of your rejection is pretty silly, in my opinion.
 Fifi47
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/5/2011 9:52:03 AM
They deleted there profile? Last time I thought about it someone would delete their profile, OP. Me thinks your ego might be a bit over the top, or as my mama used to say "He acts too big for his britches". Some women take rejection well, some do not seem to take it well. I usually take rejection well, unless someone is rude or insulting to me.
 RushLuv
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/5/2011 10:06:17 AM

We get rejected?

Seriously. The last time I checked, women don't get rejected. And since when does men take rejection "well?" Based off of my experiences, they don't take being rejected "well."

Smiley_mcgee
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/5/2011 10:06:27 AM

I noticed that a few women on here that messaged me and I politely responded not interested a few days later I go back to my inbox and noticed that there account has been closed

I've noticed that happen a few times.
Personally, I don't think it's because they took my rejection so hard so much as sat here and waited for people to contact them, and when that didn't happen they started contacting guys first, and when they received no reply or not interested, just as much as men usually do, they eventually come to an end point where they understand that anyone that is going to email them would have, and anyone (locally) they are interested in has already been contacted, so there's no more reason to be here, if they aren't playing on the forums. Best to go away and come back when the population refreshes.
If that happens (profile deletion) after email or no reply rejection from me, then I just happened to be last on the list.

do women take rejection as well as men do

No.
Men and women take rejection differently and allow it to affect outward behavior differently.
"As well as" is more of a judgment call denoting one is better than the other.
Is not allowing rejection to bother you at all a "better" thing, or is it "better" to have some reaction to it as a means to actually identify with other people? And how can you tell if you are actually just telling yourself it doesn't bother you when really you are simply burying it and "grieving" in other ways...like if instead of letting it bother you in terms of dating and contacting people and poor me emotions, you smoke 3 more cigarettes that day to mitigate the stress it causes, thereby killing yourself more quickly (it adds up if you are rejected 10 times a week).
 scottey63
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2011 10:23:51 AM
When I first read the thread title, I thought you were actually going to ask about rejection--breaking up with someone with whom you're involved.

Like post #2 said, this topic has been done to death.

This isn't rejection. This is, well...fishing.

If you're not interested in someone, why do you continue to look for their profile? I highly doubt that these women delete their profiles and are giving up on dating in general only because you told them that you're not interested. Are you really all that?

More importantly, if this is such a concern to you, I'd consider not replying at all. Anyone who does online dating should know and accept that if someone is interested, they will respond. If they don't respond, they're not interested. Easy Peasy.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/5/2011 10:44:37 AM

OP: a few women on here that messaged me and… a few days later I go back to my inbox and noticed that there account has been closed

I’ve had that too. I think they’d already written all the attractive men and most of the plain ones and then they try one last Hail Mary – maybe to see if the mail system is even working.

I get so excited I pee myself and start crafting the perfect response but by the time I’ve finished, they’re gone. So I write them on C u p i d.
 JONITA
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2011 10:50:31 AM
Life goes on but if you rejected me, I'd close my account and spend the rest of my life pining over you. Life wouldn't be worth living.
 _shakti_
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/5/2011 11:13:21 AM
It freaks me out far more when someone deletes their profile simply because we are talking (off the site), lol..

As for (actual) rejection, who does like it? What fascinates me, is all the games people play to avoid it..
 daynadaze
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2011 11:49:46 AM
Which women and which men? Cause it may come as a surprise but not all people are alike according to gender. I take rejection well, even with I'm miffed and it hurts for a bit, I do quite well with it, but I have dated men who couldn't take it at all and won't leave you alone. Does that make me a man and them women?
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/5/2011 1:07:32 PM

But back on topic do women take rejection as well as men do and if yes then why did the ones I reject close there account a day later after I rejected them?

Personally I take rejection as well as you do, OP - even though it causes me a considerable amount of anguish and sorrow for all these men who reject me out of pure ignorance.

See, I pity them because if they knew how amazingly wonderful I am they would not have rejected me, but hey! Life is tough, they have to learn from their mistakes, and there is only so much I can do to enlighten them.

Fortunately rejection has left no visible marks on me so far, and the only reason I would dump my account is boredom.

Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:09:58 PM
Your post sounds to me like you are blowing a lot of smoke OP. I think attractive women online are more likely to go neexxt than a similarily attractive man - a simple matter of supply and demand. Are you trying a some thinly disguised reverse psychology to attract the attention of the " edjumacated" ladies you so desire ?
 MondoVman
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2011 11:28:30 PM
^^^^Ya, men's egos are obviously located in their balls according to the OP at the above link:
"Are men that egotisticle that ..."

Hey gals, where do you keep your egos located?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do women take rejection as well as men do?