Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 john_in_bh
Msg: 124
How many dates have you actually been on from POF?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Would you F**k me?" -Knowing women love these gotcha trick questions, I think for second but I say Yes. Then she said "You're not suppose to say that, your suppose to say.....blah blah blah"

I would have to agree more with Rich on this one. This was a real signal to go for it. You should have done her right then and there. (assuming she was cute)
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 125
How many dates have you actually been on from POF?
Posted: 3/4/2012 6:01:06 PM
Steve! Dont listen to them jeez, I dont think we have enough bail money to get your out! If shes that insecure ... If you got the time and shes that hot well, playa play on. Im thinkin you dodged a bullet I really do. Chicks like that will leave your place feelin cheap for having sex with you on the 1st date n cryin foul. Either the cops or her next bf would a been beating down your door. Either way no bueno! You did nothing wrong I think you were a perfect gentleman but I gotta ask lol who paid?
 matchlight
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2012 9:43:07 PM

However, to me playing these games is just being fake, and that's just not who I am. If a woman likes to play these games then she's not for me.

That's one way of looking at it, as something contrived and manipulative. But what's wrong with acting your best self in a particular situation? I don't see that as playing games. Is your date playing games or being fake by taking pains to get her hair and clothes and makeup just so, in hopes of being attractive to you? We all try to persuade and influence other people in all kinds of ways, all the time, and none of it needs to be negative.

I would not want a man that is ok with that kind of cheap behavior from a woman.

What should a man do if he's *not* OK with his date saying that? Tell her he's shocked and offended that she would ask something so cheap? Come on. I don't think something like that would be all that romantic or seductive, coming out of the blue on a first date. Too much like being quizzed, with whatever you say guaranteed to be wrong. I agree with the others who said it sounds more like she was wondering if she did it for him.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/4/2012 10:32:47 PM
I was thinking about the crazy date experience a bit. I have been on hundreds of first dates and I have never come across something like that. It's just not normal, not even for a 20 year old as you stated.

So I conclude that she was either on some type of drug, or intoxicated. Would have been a total train wreck in any type of relationship. At least you met somebody better now.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/5/2012 12:01:49 AM
Oh man the more I read the more Im convinced you dodged one bigtime!
 john_in_bh
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/5/2012 7:31:11 AM
^^
Yes, a mismatch perhaps. But it may had been a wild one night ride for him if he went along with the program.

What's funny is that if a guy said something like that on a first date he would be slapped across the face and the date would have ended right then and there. What us guys have to put up with.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2012 8:32:35 AM
Steve I love your attitude. I read the original date post again, and it does seem you were trying very hard to figure her out...yet she kept switching up on you. Her low self esteem will always get the better of her,... but... All in all, you found a good sushi place! lol
 Wonder5750
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2012 9:40:28 AM

I meet some one at a week-long work training situation. Really attractive both physically and personality, was all over me every day (we were assigned seating next to each other) verbally and as physically as you could be in the situation, asked her out to dinner, and then NO (not in the sense of 'How Sweet; maybe another night?', but 'What are you thinking, NO!' No one else knew but still belly-full humiliation.

You did well to Walk On.

Wounded, Seki

She was married
 john_in_bh
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/5/2012 1:01:26 PM

They enjoy the attention, but don't realize that they are messing with someone's emotions.

Steve- not sure if it's "attention" that they enjoy as much as a power trip of sorts. Many women get their ego boosted by turning guys away both online (and they get to do that plenty) and in your case even in person. Very frustrating.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2012 2:05:38 PM
Dang .. guess we are all just a bunch of A-holes.. Geez guys. Not all women are bad, users or unkind. Really!
 Aries_328
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2012 2:33:11 PM
^^^^Chalk another one in the score. Heard 2 stories in the past week.

One wife of 16 years left without warning. Cleared the bank accounts. She was bored after 16 years. Note said, "I'm just not happy"

Second wife wasn't happy with the Mercedes and home in a Midwestern state. Wasn't going to change so marriage over.

I know a whole lot more stories of women leaving because they are 'unhappy' or 'bored' than I do of the cheating dog husband. I try not to associate that to women in general so that makes it extra fun.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:23:06 PM
Some men (not all mind you) equate a good old fashioned conversation between a man and a woman stuck in the same place at the same time as a potential blow job. Not for a 2nd thinkin theyre both just killin time.

Steve about the weirdo lady I dont think she was on drugs or in the bathroom usin her cell (sorry Rich she was weird enough to just text or call someone right in front of him no need for her to hide) I think she was going into the bathroom to look in the mirror confused as all hell not finding what was wrong with her why you wouldnt bang her. ( I have a friend like that she looks in the mirror a million times a day ... shes freakin gorgeous too I dont understand it)
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:05:24 PM
Zero, zip, nada.
 LoneMustang78
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 1:33:27 PM
ZERO!!! I've been on this site since September 2011 and even did the upgrade a couple times. Not a single date as of yet! Personally I'm starting to believe it has been a waste of time and money!

Posted this in another thread also. Guess I'm doomed to staying single and alone after what I've been through!
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 11:52:39 AM
In 3 months, 150 emails and 5 dates. I keep trying new things, its almost perverse, like running around with a bloody nose, lookin for another fight.

Here's a good story.....so a few years ago, I'm on this site, and I get a bright idea, maybe I can get a date, if I ask women to see maroon5 at the greek. Well 49 women in a row turned me down. The concert was on a saturday, and with one day left, I'm sitting at my favorite bar, on friday night....I check my pof mail, and there is a response, from the most beautiful Blond girl, the best looking out of all 50....I rushed home, got on chat with her, and we firmed up details for the show, we had a great time......
 Aries_328
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:57:59 PM

Here's my two cents: If you are interested in a girl and she has been responding to your messages (more that "hi, you're cute, too.") get that number and set a date asap. We like men to be decisive and take charge. None of this "what do you want to do? I dunno, what would you like to do?" It's annoying and not masculine

Hahaha You’re funny. If she has been responding to your messages with more than two words the rest isn't really a problem. What do you really want for dinner? Me... I'm thinking steak. You good with that? Too bad. hahaha Is that really what you’re looking for. If so... I want steak!

If not... sure... I can deal with northern Italian. Maybe some scaloppini. Actually yeah. I now a place in North Hollywood with a pretty nice Braised Shank.

Did you want a choice in this? Does your opinion actually come into play other than a judgment of if a man could make a decision?

:) Your cute too. It is actually nice to have someone with 2cents worth of an opinion on both sides. But I guess I’m not old fashioned as much as I should be. On top of that… what if it was a really really crappy day?
 superwoman02
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/12/2012 11:07:41 PM
Hi, I have only been on 3. Most of the time when I give a guy my phone number they start asing me for naked pictures before we have even met so I delete them and block the number. I don't know why your matches may lose interest but I try to meet as soon as possible if I am interested.
 hippygirlxoxo
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/23/2012 2:46:22 PM
THANK YOU COWBOY! Well said.
 hippygirlxoxo
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/23/2012 2:52:49 PM
This is not difficult. You get the phone number. (long sigh...) You pick up the PHONE (remember what those used to be used for right?)

You CALL HER and ask her out. What is with this ridiculous texting B.S.

It is a PHONE. Call her and ask her out, thats why she gave you her number. She probably thinks your one of those time waster twits that only wants to play around and send texts after mom and dad are in bed. You get a phone number here you should immediately CALL her and if she sounds interesting you ASK HER TO MEET. Gawd you guys make the easiest stuff sound so hard on here. I could understand but you said you had received a HUNDRED phone numbers on here? WTF?

Cowboy

Right on the money
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:45:23 PM
I have now officially been on one date with another POFer. Let's just say some a little alcohol helped.
 irish_smackie
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:16:44 PM
I've had several dates, but sort of took myself off the market by taking my photo down. It was kind of overwhelming to deal with so many people. First dates suck.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/9/2012 10:04:43 PM
Just one date which turned into a mostly great 5 month relationship.. She could not handle my National Guard call up. So now I will just have a 1200lb manure maker waiting for me back home when I am down range.

Now I am just on here for forums and entertainment value.. I have had women hit on me IRL that are on par with the ones that don't respond online.. Does not matter if it is POF or the one that rhymes with "catch".
 foxonatrain
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 6:18:30 PM
I can remember 4 dates, 2 with the same woman. One of them I actually kind of miss, it was about a year ago and we went to Starbucks. She just had a great personality and was very well grounded. Somebody you'd actually want to have a long term thing with. She wasn't interested though. The other women I could have done without.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 1:52:08 PM
I just hid my profile. Six months dealing with the negativity on here is enough! The lies, the mediocrity, the inflated egos, serial daters,etc., I'm so done.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 9:35:49 AM
^^^^ Hello and thank-you for the compliment :)
As I stated before, I had one date from POF. I was pretty sure beforehand that it wouldn't turn into anything but it was good practice for me.

When I originally got divorced 6 yrs. ago, I thought that dating might be challenging because I live inland and it's full of families,etc. but challenging is an understandment. Funny how men use the words drama and baggage but I have found they are the ones who have it or it's just extremely short attention spans. Like boys in a Candy Shop, they want to try it all!

My first date was from someone online on a different site. It was the worst date ever! He was mean and cheap and sizing me up whether I could be his Sugar Mama. Before we met at a resturant, he ordered his meal so I ordered separately and paid for mine. Which I'm fine with paying for my lunch but the way it happened was not classy. It was the start of a long afternoon. After some negative comments he made, the clincher happened. We ordered 2 beverages and when it came time to pay he made this big deal about whether he could break a $100 bill or charge it. He was taking his time then looked at me. I asked him if he wanted me to pay for it and he said yes. Lol, normally I would never say this but i said "You can pay for it." He did, we drank, and parted.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >