Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women in heels...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *army mom*
Msg: 26
Women in heels...Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Well, at 5'4" myself, I could wear 6" heels and still not be taller than most guys I've met ...

Obviously, this guy doesn't have a problem with you wearing heels ... so why press the issue? Men aren't that complicated -- they generally say what they think.

And if Tom Cruise can get away with it, anyone can ...
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 27
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/7/2011 2:48:50 PM
Yeah, this is one of those things that you'll always get that answer from a mature guy. He wants you to be comfortable. If you don't like being taller than him, than don't. If you feel dressier when wearing heels, then do. He's had a long time to get used to his height, and you being a bit taller than him won't bother him in the least.
 KAKI3152
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:54:15 AM
This is something that I've run into many times over the years. I'm short (5'6") and most (many) women are taller than I am. I should say that I love women in heels.

My own opinion is that If you want to wear heels , by all means go for it. I know I'm short and if my height doesn't bother you enough to not date me, then wear the heels.
I love the way heels make a woman legs look sooo appealing.

I should say that I've dated women up to 5'8". I'm also physically fit and look good for my age.

What does amaze me is the fact that some short women feel the need to put me down because of my height. I've actually had a woman who was about 5' 2" tell me "You're lucky as I don't mind men who are short." And this was five minutes after she met me!
My retort,which I did not say but popped into mind right away, was "Gee, you're also lucky as I'll date women who are very plain" I should add she was not attractive at all.

I guess the point is that I know I'm short and quite comfortable with my height. If a woman with heels is taller than me, I really don't mind at all.
 OutMind
Msg: 29
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/8/2011 7:32:17 AM
I love women in high heels. like it even more when they wear boots that go up to their knees and have stiletto high heels. The OP is 5' 6", which is not short, but not too tall. What this means is that the guy is rather short, but he seems to be pretty secure about his heights and doesn't seem to bother him. There are a lot of men that are VERY insecure about this and tend to overcompensate in other areas for that. So if he is fine under his skin, OP, enjoy.

I have gone out several times with very tall women. One, when she pull her heels on was taller than me. It never bothered me at all, she looked hot, and to the person that commented that made them look slu tty, well dude, your lost. The one thing she did was, that when we kissed, she took her heels off, that way we were even. So it worked for the both of us.

So OP, wear those high heels. If you have it, flaunt it.
 T_TX
Msg: 30
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/8/2011 12:12:47 PM
I don't care how much taller they are when they are wearing their heels. My answer will always be... wear the heels ;-)
 Naadirah
Msg: 31
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/8/2011 4:47:51 PM
Take it as an opportunity to go shoe shopping for lower heels.

I personally hate flats and would rather be in heels or barefoot. From a kissing angle, I would rather the guy be taller, but that is a personal preference.
 Jersey125
Msg: 32
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/8/2011 11:47:39 PM
It's shoes...who really cares. You know your priorities are out of wack when your desire to wear shoes takes precedent over a man.
 newreality2010
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:04:29 AM
I have a pair of 5 and a half inch nude patent leather platform wedges, I LOVE, but can hardly wear, because I am already 5'7.

I so <3 them.
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 34
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:21:36 AM
Ugh, seriously, why are people so obsessed with a guy being taller than a girl, and thinking it's the end of the world if a girl is taller? How old are you people? Sorry, but seriously, grow up. There are bigger problems in life. People need to be more focused on whether the person they're with is a decent human being and if you connect, rather than, "Oh no, what if the girl is a little taller? Oh no!"
People's "logic" makes me sad sometimes.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 35
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/9/2011 10:51:05 PM
Sounds to me like he gave you a very distinct answer. "Wear what you want to wear." He obviously isn't bothered by it and would appreciate you no matter what, as long as you are comfortable. You should wear heels when you are with him, even if it is only once in a while, if you like heels.
 lhorns
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/11/2011 6:11:26 AM
You are only 5'6". So the guy is going to have some height issues if he is shorter than you because that is well below average. It is not the first time he has had to deal with this. Assuming your not a cougar the guy is old enough to have come to grips with it and be able to joke about it. It is because you haven't had as long to live with it as he has that you (OP) are the one with the issues, not him. If he says wear what you want, then do it.
 FlameNFire
Msg: 37
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:24:55 AM
Truthfully, I am not bothered by his height at all. We've were in a relationship for a year in the past, then we were very good friends for another year and have recently taken the relationship back into the "more than friends" realm. I care about him a lot and I think he's an awesome man...5'7" and all. Most of the time I don't even think about his height, it's just him. I just don't want to assume that he is ok with me wearing heels when we are out together. I appreciate all your advice here, sounds like the majority thinks I should just wear the heels and I think that is what I'll do since he has told me many times that he likes it no matter what I wear. Sooo, that's the plan. Thanks Everybody!
 abelian
Msg: 38
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:33:20 AM

I just don't want to assume that he is ok with me wearing heels when we are out together.

If he's self-confidant, you should be able to assume that with no problem. If he doesn't have a lot of self-confidence, perhaps he'll get some if you stop making this into a big deal and just wear the heels. Making this into an issue is only going to make him more self-conscious about his height. I've dated women taller than me, mainly because I never realized that it was supposed be an isssue.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:40:09 AM

I'm 5'9"barefoot but just a hair below 6" in cowboy boots.
Men wear three inch heels...

Who'dathunkit?

I've dated women taller than me, mainly because I never realized that it was supposed be an isssue.
Exactly... a man that exudes confidence makes many other items moot... including height...
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 40
Women in heels...
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:52:24 AM
maybe he is secretly hoping for a tall woman in 6" prada heels to dominate him.
 MikeWM
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:18:09 AM
I think if you want an honest answer you might start by actually asking an honest question instead of the usual

"I'm going to say something REALLY vague, and you will have to guess what I really mean and then answer it"

Rather than asking what you should wear just say WHY you are asking, tell him if he feels a hit awkward if you end up taller than him you'd understand that and that you like him enough to take it into consideration

because he might be thinking that any sign of insecurity on his part might see you binning him and if he likes you then he will suck it up and say he doesnt mind what you wear as a result

But to get an honest answer, as I said

You NEED to ask honest, direct and clear questions rather than "female questions" which tend to very often need several enigma machines hooked up to translate them into effective communication
 home_osorio
Msg: 44
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:37:03 AM
My effin cousin is 4'11'' and she LOVES heels. Like TOTALLY. While I have never worn one. And it's because I think I would look ridiculous with it. Plus my feet are like wide. Gross. Plus am of average height of 5'5'', plus the tall guys I've had relationships with don't mind me being shorter than them so..........
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 45
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:40:06 AM
Being only 5'1", even in my 4" heels I'm shorter than all the men I've ever been with. LOL. So, I'm very fortunate in that respect. I wouldn't like it too much if I were taller (with heels) than the guy I was with though, so I can certainly understand how it makes you feel uncomfortable.
 MikeWM
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:03:26 PM
Bonnielass, if its a vague question though you can ONLY expect a vague answer

If you want a specific answer you have to ask a specific question, not some half assed "you need to be a mindreader to tell what I am REALLY asking" kind of nonsense

Actual proper specific questions, and some detail of WHY youre asking the question doesnt go amiss either really

Its no good moaning that you arent getting the answers you want if youre not asking the question you ought to be asking in the first place

And "what should I wear" or "should I wear heels" is pretty vague, not to mention a bit of a misplaced question to be asking a bloke unless hes a cross dresser really. But more so when its not even "fashion" advice youre even seeking anyway

Maybe a better approach as women seem to have major problems with asking legible and clear questions might be to put on a pair of 4 inch heels then a pair of 2 inch heels and ask which he prefers
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 47
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 2:03:09 PM
seems you have the hang up on height.
im assuming he knows your height?
if he says wear whatever, then do it. who cares.

by the way, im wearing some heels right now at work. my coworker just told me they are "CFM heels" i had no idea what that meant til she told me
i never have to worry about wearing them on dates. im too short..
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 48
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 2:22:57 PM
Why not just wear heels and accept what he told you as the truth---that he doesn't care. It sounds to me like the only person who has preferences is you.

Right, the question remains, "Do YOU have a problem being taller than him in heels?"

but I don't want to make him uncomfortable

The same question might be asked but to you.

Typically, women who have some kind of height obsession to the point where they actually count their HEELS as part of their height, are quite shallow.

Great, you're 5'6", and shorter than him in tennis shoes, but you wear 3-inch heels, and you're taller than a man that's 5'8" (using my height as an example) and it's a deal breaker.

I could understand if you're naturally tall as woman 5'8 or taller. But being short, THEN taller in heels....well, kind of sad that's a problem.

Ugh, seriously, why are people so obsessed with a guy being taller than a girl, and thinking it's the end of the world if a girl is taller?

I have to say, I with MORE women of your height had this attitude. You're in the minority, talk about "Pure Bliss"! lol Way to go! :)
 cin____dy
Msg: 49
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/18/2011 8:34:56 PM
Wear your heels. If a man has a height problem he should deal with it. A lot of men date taller women. To worry about him being shorter is maybe your feeling concerned about? If you like him, you can say, honey you are so hot, and it is how you react and treat him that matters, to not wear heels says, and points out his shortness don't you think?
 rhonda333
Msg: 50
Women in heels...
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:46:26 PM
another vote for "wear the heels". I'm 5'11" and in heels I'm usually taller than a date. Besides, the company I work for actually mandates that female employees wear heels- and hose- year round.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women in heels...