Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women in heels...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Women in heels...Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
My friend is 5 foot nothing, and does not wear heals, thank god, they ...to me at least look really uncomfortable , and yes... silly
how do women wear those things.....
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/4/2011 3:16:54 PM
I don't really like heels on me but if I did I would wear them. These are the type of gender role issues I wish we as a society would overcome. I may be wrong but is it possible it makes you feel uncomfortable because you would rather date men taller than you? If you are struggling with this issue it may end up making him feel uncomfortable as well.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 78
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:30:31 PM

I wouldn't even want to be friends with a woman who's significantly shorter than me.

And why is this?
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/5/2011 5:22:57 AM
Personally, I'm not bothered if my date is taller than me, in heels or not, even though I prefer short women. I'm not really a big fan of heels though. Sure, they look kinda sexy in a way, and they kinda make the butt and thighs sexier...but I'd be just as happy seeing a woman in a nice, practical pair of Rangers or GS9s or running shoes or whatever. Something comfortable and easy to walk and dance in. Or something nice that they like, if it's a dress-up kinda date (though personally, I think a dress and boots is sexy).
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 80
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/5/2011 3:44:45 PM

And why is this?

I answered that in the post you pulled that quote from: I don't want to feel large compared to the person I'm with, whether it's a date or a friend.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 81
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/5/2011 4:34:10 PM
I like my date the same height as or taller. If heels makes me taller than a guy I'm dating, I won't wear em - at least not on dates with him. Just the way I like it. *shrug*
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/5/2011 8:52:58 PM
Oops, I meant GSG-9s (Adidas).
 Blusher66
Msg: 83
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/6/2011 5:07:11 AM
Absolutely wear heels! I don't mind the lady being taller with heels if that is the case. Any guy that does not appreciate that is nuts. There is nothing more sexy or feminine that pretty feet in pretty shoes.
 lizbeanist
Msg: 84
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/6/2011 8:45:03 PM
Wear them if you'd like. I'm 5'3, dated a man that was only 5'5" and still wore 4 inch heels. He didn't like it and refused to go out with me in heels. I'm not a fan of men with Napolean complexes. If he's mad over something as small as height, he's not the right one anyway.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:11:10 AM

Absolutely wear heels! I don't mind the lady being taller with heels if that is the case. Any guy that does not appreciate that is nuts. There is nothing more sexy or feminine that pretty feet in pretty shoes.

Personally I find it sexier when she's comfortable, with good ankle support, and not walking on stilts. But then, I also don't find most shoes, or most feet, pretty (though I'm in love with the aforementioned Adidas GSG-9s).
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 86
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/7/2011 12:41:41 PM
Subtle heels; a pair of nice jeans, and a leather or suede jacket turn me on huge.

Just sayin
 Maleman999
Msg: 87
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/7/2011 2:55:09 PM
Short guys should get boots like Gene Simmons wears when he's in his Kiss outfit. These boots add 6 inches in height and come in a few different styles.
LOL
 _allen_
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 11/7/2011 3:49:50 PM
I don't understand the appeal of women in heels, especially of the heels are over 2 inches. A lot of women walk awkward when wearing anything higher than 2 inches. It's just not attractive to me.

On the other hand, I do find women who value their own comfort, sexy. I've seen many woman pull off sexy in flats or a pair of sneakers/casuals.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 89
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/4/2011 2:52:06 AM
every woman should wear whatever she wants to wear.if she pefers comfort over fashion then she should by all means do so.if she feels wearing heels and a sexy dress gives her better confidence/self esteem then go with that.

when i'm with a woman who is dress nice i go out of my way to give her a compliment.i'm a man who does appreciate a woman who wants to look pretty.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 90
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/4/2011 3:14:00 AM
I get a kick out of shorter women who have strict height criteria, that use the, "I am 5'4", but I wear 4-inch heels so I'd like to be taller than my man WITH heels on."

SHorter women who factor in their heel size along with their height, dealbreakers...means they're highly shallow.

I answered that in the post you pulled that quote from: I don't want to feel large compared to the person I'm with, whether it's a date or a friend.

Well, dating, that's understandable, you're a tall woman anyway.....not being FRIENDS with someone that's shorter.....well, that's a different conversation altogether. LOL

Let met clarify, you will refuse to be just friends with someone (male or female), if they're shorter than you? Man, what's the world coming to.
 Paderic
Msg: 91
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/4/2011 7:45:46 AM
I don't want to feel large compared to the person I'm with, whether it's a date or a friend.

That's actually kind of sad that you would restrict your potential friendships on something so arbitrary. Your profile says you're 5'7", that means roughly 80% of women in the US are shorter than you. What do you do when you go out with a group? Do short people have to maintain a certain distance from you?

Back on topic (although this is a pretty old thread): it has never bothered me to date someone as tall as me or even an inch or two taller. Frankly, it seems to bother the women a lot more than men. As for heels, I view them as extremely impractical footwear and can't understand why women put up with them.
 chinadol6977
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/5/2011 12:51:35 AM
He most likely doesn't mind one way or another...
I've had guys tell me no more flip flops....I keep them in my purse,I love boots,but hate heels....I wear the heels to dinner,change to flip flops,and put the heels back on before I leave the resturant..
 FloridaLady46
Msg: 93
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:16:34 AM
I'm with you chinadol6977....I will sometimes wear a pair of sexy heels (also called 5 minute shoes, lol) and bring a change of shoes for later in case my feet start hurting. It depends on what we are doing on the date and how much walking will be involved. Why are the sexiest shoes also the most uncomfortable? Another of life's mysteries, I guess.
 kailania
Msg: 94
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:39:45 AM
if the heels make me much taller than the man I wont wear them. I prefer my low boots anyway.
I also do not like open toe shoes.
this man from POF was writing to me recently.
he wanted a woman who wears open toe sandles and I told him that I dont like open toe sandles.
He told me to forget about dating him.
lol

I just now thought,...I should have answered with something smart azz like i only date men who wear ..........(fill in the blank)
 kailania
Msg: 95
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:40:48 AM
since this thread is about heels not sandles...
he did say the open toe sandles had to be high heels too.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 96
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:21:09 AM
wear the heels,
they arent any good on the beach or out on a hike up the foot hills
but sure, wear em ;')

If the height of the man in your life is determined by the altitude of the shoes in your closet - well they really need a disparaging moniker for that banal shallow veneer you are sporting.

And if I were Napoleon, I would be pizzed too. Conquer the greater land mass of Europe, and all people gravitate to centuries later is that he was 'short'.
 DomG79
Msg: 97
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/25/2011 3:31:57 AM
I am 5'6, and I am not the one who has a problem with my height. Women typically are. Not all, some of the ones I meet in real life are cool with it, but most of the ones I write to on this site won't give me the time of day for my height. It serves me right, as I have turned away women for their weight. As far as my preferences, I like it, I think heels are sexy. I am not bothered if they make the girl taller.

I want to hold you from behind and smell your hair

If I am not tall enough, I'll stand on a chair
 Toro4U
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Women in heels...
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:54:51 PM
Heels are sexy. Wear them. I seem to date a few and my ex-wife as well that are only a few inches shorter than me and even though she was slightly taller in heels, they look really sexy in them. Heels are like the push up bra for legs and booty. They make everything look sexier in my opinion. If I'm out somewhere around women all dolled up I will not notice the one or two that are wearing flats when there are so many attractive ones in heels.
 rhonda333
Msg: 99
Women in heels...
Posted: 1/31/2012 9:27:47 AM
There rests in the back of my closet, a pair of red leather ankle strap Prada's with 4" heels. I just love them, but I think I've only worn them twice with men who were over 6'2". Even then I was taller. I know the feeling of feeling like an Amazon warrior when out with a man shorter than me. I need to meet some basketball players.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 100
Women in heels...
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:41:43 PM
Date someone taller..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women in heels...