Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Marmite baby
Msg: 160
view profile
History
London is BurningPage 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I think that the most sensible comment was to parents/ guardians. Plus we should get the army in.What happened to the decent, hard working members of our country? The police are overwhelmed. And F deprivation. People get freebies here when lack of clean water causes countless deaths abroad. We must back the police up.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 162
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 9:55:37 AM
Disaffected my arse.The army should be deployed, and these thieves should face the onsequences of their actions.This is a civil war.And we should deploy the army against them
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 165
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 10:51:36 AM
I was thinking more of the Home Counties Horticulturists versus the Inner City Allotment Keepers in greatest hoe down of them all the BATTLE OF THE ROSES!
Imagine the manure that can be shared! Rakes vs Spades (No calling them Shovels please!)
What we sow we shall reap!
Who are the best in their field !
Lets talk about Cows or Pigs!

Of course the Media are lapping it up; it takes the emphasis away from the Police taking Bribes from the Media for telephone numbers in the Hacking scandal etc... bet you all forgot about that!
 badge73
Msg: 181
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:21:13 PM
The people of London call it 'a disgrace'.

The people of Birmingham call it 'an abomination.'

The people of Liverpool call it 'a Monday'.

think most have heard about the police not doing much as if just watching, i even wondered why myself etc ....... until i remembered what they do at the football, when they know certain teams fans are going for it and kick off, most of the coppers just observe, normally one with a video camera somewhere, they dont arrest or anything. then a few days later they wake them up at 6am with a boot through the door and take down the station, with all the pictures and videos at the moment they will be busy little bees for the next few months.
 badge73
Msg: 185
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:35:22 PM
someone came up with an excellent idea just now, why dont they spray the thugs with dye...no backlash for police, and they will easily be spotted for arresting purposes, and everyone they know will be aware of what they did

to liberal left wing, hug a hippy under the tree whilst eating tofu type of idea. make it battery acid and might have an idea.

hearing a couple of whispers of football fans joining up to protect each others property, and the e.d.l are doing rent a mob.

it must be like a birthday and christmas all at once for the b.n.p as the amount of propaganda from this is unreal.

edit vvvv http://yfrog.com/h8xjzmzj
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 187
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:54:05 PM
I got the beers in for another night in front of the TV!

Love a bit of rioting me :)
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 189
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 1:03:03 PM
@Jaycee

First of all let me just put you straight on a few things , majority of my friends are black , majority or my family are black , so no i dont just talk mainly to white people i am lucky if i actually get more than 3 white people to chat with on a daily basis sometimes
And as for
Are you? Your skin is pale. I was thinking you do have some qualities that afro-Caribbeans have :) I thought it was just my mistake. So you're mixed race?
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 208
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 3:25:18 PM
Looks like it's kicking off in Tottenham again
"Seven sisters in tottenham, hair & beauty shop ablaze & kicking off at tesco"
 ~Hams~
Msg: 215
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/9/2011 5:48:31 PM
Don't feed the trolls guys and send them back under their bridges.

Its been pretty quiet in London tonight thank god however not up north in places like Manchester.

Did anyone see that hooded scumbag being interviewed by Sky news around 10pm?

Just to lighten the mood I have heard that Tottenham have signed a new Italian striker called Grabatelly.
 andy1961
Msg: 217
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:23:44 AM
ok, it's not being reported by BBC News for fear of inciting racial hatred, but hundreds of men (white) are marching to Lewisham, a predominately black area, from Eltham, they belong to the National Front, The EDL and BNP, this is what we were all afraid of

Nick Griffin the BNP MP has declared his solidarity with these marching men

Yep, this is now the real danger that has arisen and may really kick off!

The rioting may blow over - particularly in London - over the next couple of days and that will be the end of it.

Or, it will get a lot worse by the weekend. And with people of all colour and creed quite rightly defending their homes, businesses and places of worship etc, combined with vigilantes roaming the streets and extreme right groups getting involved, this rioting since last weekend could evolve into something a lot more sinister and widespread.

For low life scum like Nick Griffin, it's a wet dream that may very quickly come true.
 andy1961
Msg: 218
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:06:30 AM

So, it's OK for anyone to defend property etc as long as they're not associated with right-wing groups?

I did not say that. So, go back, read the post properly, and point out where I said that?
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 228
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 4:21:44 AM
Hmmm old Enoch will be spinning in his grave...that is for sure...
 Strider886
Msg: 229
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 5:15:27 AM

I am afraid that if you want to blame ETHNICS then you will have to be more precise .
Looking at all the TV coverage I see yobs looting and burning and those YOBS are definately either BLACK or WHITE.

So the 2 ethnic groups present causing the looting and burning are of the two ETHNIC GROUPS of black and white.

Devide the numbers up as you like .

We could play that to our advantage...... Cut off their food supplies.
If someone torched all the KFC's and McDonalds, they'll turn on each other instead of smashing up the streets :D
 badge73
Msg: 234
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 6:59:12 AM
Ngongo Mwambi has to travel 5 miles every day for fresh water and 7 miles for food...........This is because the daft twat torched the Tesco in Peckham and the Tottenham KFC and now has to walk to Croydon for breakfast

So they've started to riot in Ireland now, they looted an Argos store last night and are still standing at collection point C

An Irish rioter has tried to loot Amazon by throwing a brick through his computer monitor.
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 235
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:32:46 AM
Hmm just perusing YouTube an the various vids on there......

Common denominator ?

One thing i do know...the senior nutcracks at the BNP/EDL etc etc will be rubbing their hands together at all this rioting cos it will surely polarise many people into believing that ALL the rioting is being caused by ethnics...
 qedeshim
Msg: 237
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:55:16 AM
Another view on the concept of an explanation

It seems no-one actually understands the concept of “when you have nothing one has nothing to loose”

Any young single person realises that they have no money, or say, they do not qualify for money, and if on benefit 65 pounds a week generosity provided, compared with 2 grand a week imprisoned, get fed, to keep one inside.

So life offers nothing for the Disenfranchised, this rioting at least show they can have fun, and its fantastic fun to them alone. They have discovered there is no fairness, and the law is a sham, and when challenged found to be useless. Rioting becomes just a game played for kicks, in a life that is generally a dead end waste of time. Fun gives life even momentry meaning for such kids, and group fun, being chased by the police is fantastic.

Leaving this concept alone, let us look at the Arab uprising, which when all said and done is based on the same principles, with of course economic suppression, food prices rising, thus forcing a form of social madness, as they cannot take it anymore. Some used armed insurrection others are just unarmed protests, where the authorities shoot them for fun. Syria, Bahrain, and alternative draconian methods in Saudi Arabia. Protest and get shot, armed insurrection and they get help?

So with the less educated with NO prospects, and the clever ones facing decades of debt, both appears somewhat grossly unfair. Marginalise people, class and treat them as worthless, crap, ignore the numbers involved, and what would you expect. The abused become the abusers, and anyway its generally property, as not all steal to get money, as broke. The owners will get the insurance anyway, so no real loss.

If hundreds go to court and they start to abuse the magistrates and its reported, then this attitude should be copied. It is a refreshing challenge to the unfair country we have become.

Compared to the damage they have done, the finance industry have devastated the country while paying themselves bonuses of millions. They have swindled, with PPI, and abused us all into paying for their mistakes. They laugh at us. The riots cost millions the financial industry have cost us trillions, the aged are thrown out of homes, as greed is concentrated at the top. The social consequences of the banks are beyond cost they are so devastating, in industry, jobs, housing, and services.

So why should we accept this? I hope and with luck the riots will go on for some time, till some sense might percolate into the smug majority, that crapping on people and ignoring their condition has consequences.

Do we value society or cash? It seems we value cash in the form of savings more than people, so wake up, what should British priorities be? We seem to be dazzled by the superficial, the rot is deeper than that, just look its all around, and it took children to point it out.
 andy1961
Msg: 241
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 8:46:30 AM

You seemed to be drawing a distinction between those you consider to be acceptable in defending property and those you consider unacceptable. I cannot see a difference between (say) a Turk cracking a few rioters' skulls and a white Englishman doing the same, regardless of the political views of the two men.

That's why I asked you to clarify your stance.....care to answer the question?

Nope, didn't draw a distinction at all! Here, read it again.

And with people of all colour and creed quite rightly defending their homes, businesses and places of worship etc, combined with vigilantes roaming the streets and extreme right groups getting involved, this rioting since last weekend could evolve into something a lot more sinister and widespread.

For low life scum like Nick Griffin, it's a wet dream that may very quickly come true

Do you see where I've highlighted it in bold?

However, to "clarify" my "stance" to you: Is it any surprise that out of all the people who went on "the march" last night, regardless of their colour, the one group who the Police cordoned off and surrounded to stop them marching anywhere, were the EDL.

The EDL, and extreme right groups like them, have got an agenda and it goes well beyond defending any streets, properties or businesses.
There's a difference between a decent "white Englishman" and a scum member of an extreme right wing group.

Well, there is to me, but maybe not you...
 badge73
Msg: 242
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 8:55:31 AM
looks like a few have been before the courts already, make of the punishment as you wish, plus their backgrounds .......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024396/London-riots-Offenders-caught-rioting-fast-tracked-courts.html
 oggers
Msg: 249
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:15:43 AM
Let s not get sucked into the racial thing here, or confusing what has happened in the last few days.

Totenham - was in response to Mark Duggan, and the poor police handling of the whole situation.

Everything else - Lewisham, Peckham, Croydon, Ealing, Nottingham, Manchester , Salford, Birmingham, Bristol, Gloucester, Leicester, Washington , etc etc - is nothing to do with Mark Duggan, nothing to do with racism, nothing to do with "disenfranchised youth" -- everything to do with greed, shoplifting and criminality. From what I saw on the TV and heard on the radio, there were people from a whole variety of ethnicity taking part.

The first ones in court? Primary school worker, graphic designer, some bloke about to join the army, office worker..... not exactly mindless yoofs ....
 oggers
Msg: 260
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:15:35 PM
Lusipher, as I understand it , it depends who is handing out the sentances - magistrates can only hand out short sentences for "burglary" (or something like that). Here in Manc, the magistrates have been handing the case to crown court on charges of 'riot' which can carry up to 20 years ......

Yes, I heard about the potential evictions on the radio today - a few other boroughs up and down the country will consider this as well , apparentley

but as the kid on Sky said last night - what are they gonna do to us? no room in the prisons, and I can live with an asbo .... they have no fear of the consequenses.. so yes, it may well do cause deeper rifts with the authorities
 badge73
Msg: 261
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:16:07 PM

Longer sentences for five or 6 people kicking off, is one thing ... but how do you apply those sentences of that length to hundreds, thousands of people. Especially when it seems that we don't really have the prison space for it?

just a shame we could not export prisoners, sure somewhere nice and comfortable like arabia, china or even do a deal with libya when the rebels take over.

sure ive stated before on either here or another forum, that i would love to see the return of the stocks, or even getting them tattooed with thief across the forehead ..... though in the mean time, liaison with the dwp, immigration and security services.
 oggers
Msg: 263
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:31:07 PM

White people don’t suffer racism.

... they do if they go to Kinstown, Jamaica !!!
 oggers
Msg: 264
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:33:52 PM

Whilst I know my old dear would've dished out a sound thrashing for me doing something like that - she'd do the same thing now, if I had been one of those pricks - and then marched me straight over to the police ... a lot of the parents now, won't be prepared to do such things

Your mum and mine, Lusipher... but think the "Shameless" type estates ... the parents probably sent the kids out with a shopping list !!
 badge73
Msg: 267
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:50:35 PM

Why should other nations have to deal with a problem, of our own making? Why would they even want to, considering how much some people think we interfere with other countries?

im sure a fair few countries would consider it a decent business arrangement, considering it suits both sides ..... i mean to lock them up costs over 25k a year, so offer a country 15k per prisoner per year, pref somewhere where human rights is not recognized. i dare say after a couple of years crime would come down.

after all i wonder how the little darlings would think about looting if they knew they would get 3 - 5 years in a turkish or thai prison?
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 282
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:54:06 PM
I'm seeing a lot of 'answering a question with a question' here.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >