Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Old pictures ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mamasboy069
Msg: 46
Old pictures ... Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
fiery blonde....
dont ya jus adore this pic,complete with desert,chocolate cream pie hahaha?
women do like chocolate creampie dont they hahaha?

hows that hope an change workin out 4 u?
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:31:46 PM
if you wait long enough some of the inhabitants here put up recent pics, here or on other sites......all I can say is I'm thankful they rejected me, yikes!
 Dragonheart21
Msg: 48
Old pictures ...
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:12:38 PM
I agree some profiles have high school pictures lol. How can you not get hung up on a picture. It is the first thing that you see? I mean if you don't like the picture of find them attractive why bother to talk to them .. I don't mean that in a bad way, but to me if I am not attracted from the picture why waste their time and mine....
 mamasboy069
Msg: 49
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:57:09 AM
I been on an off this site since 04,,,i have seen ppl here with the same pics since 04 omg,an the pic was prolly 10 yrs ole then.................so that wud make the pic 18 years ago hahahah,,,,any i wanna post a thread on goin to st pattys day but cant find 1,y dont ppl celebrate st pattys day here much,its a big deal back east?

the proof is in the green beer
u can put lipstick onna pig but its still a pig
happy st pattys day
 JS3344
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:41:18 AM
This is just baffling! I don't know what guys do, but so many women have inconsistant pictures, its just bizarre. Many have 20 year old pictures as if to say "I used to be pretty, and I still am on the inside!" or whatever the psychology is of this.....I even saw one who had a baby picture of herself, wtf? As if the dog pics weren't enough.
Here's what goes on in my head;
1. Profile pic - "hey she's cute!"
2. 2nd pic - "who's that?"
3. 3rd pic - "RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!"
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:55:20 AM

This is just baffling! I don't know what guys do, but so many women have inconsistant pictures
Here's what goes on in my head;
1. Profile pic - "hey she's cute!"
2. 2nd pic - "who's that?"
3. 3rd pic - "RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!"

Which beats the other option when all 3 of their pics are #1 and you meet only to find out the hills are a long long way away. Always meet close to the hills I guess, unless your in really good shape.

BTW I believe those pictures with the "POF" on them are at leat 3 years old
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 52
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:05:24 AM
I think it's a bad idea to base your interest on photos. Chances are VERY good that the person you meet isn't exactly the same as the photo, and it's always for the worse. NOT a good way to kick off a healthy relationship.
Much better to assume (for men) that "this is what she looked like sometime in the past."
Add a handful of wrinkles, some pounds, a few years, and the real person emerges.
The best use of photos, in my view, is so that you recognize her when you meet. About a year ago I met a nice lady at a coffee shop in Beverly Hills, she walked right past me and I didn't recognize her(wonder why, , ,) and she was so mortified she couldn't talk to me. But, did she update her photo for the benefit of the next guy? No, she is happy with that 1 photo of her younger, slimmer, and far more appealing self:)
 JS3344
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:17:01 AM
"BTW I believe those pictures with the "POF" on them are at leat 3 years old" - good call tumuch, i need to pay attention to that!

"I think it's a bad idea to base your interest on photos. Chances are VERY good that the person you meet isn't exactly the same as the photo" - er, have to disagree Green. I have never gone on a date and been snookered like that, in fact the opposite. One time I met a gal with average pictures, and when i showed up, she was sitting at the bar, an absolute knockout, gorgeous, and it was on from the get go. Another time, a woman contacted me on a friday, she was great looking....when i met her, she was beautiful, but didn't look like the woman in the pic....i'm not really sure who she was, and i blew the date anyway lol.
The good thing and bad thing about pof, is you have much information at hand, to do your work upfront, and avoid the pitfalls, at least i have.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:36:56 AM
I can honestly say my pics all recent (last 9 months) but more importantly is that I would say that of the people I have met "Most" have looked better that their photo's which is always a pleasant surprise.
 JS3344
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 3/15/2013 10:37:49 AM
That just means you have a good picker.......anybody with 5000 pairs of vans should know something.
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 56
Old pictures ...
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:30:13 PM
That is why I agree that date should come with pics whenever uploading on here. I have come across numberous profiles with pics that looks old, blurry and outdated, like cut and pasted style pics from somewhere. I am not trying to be rude, I am just saying what I saw so far on here. I am even surprised some members been on this site that long..I have been a member for a month and I have not dated any girl from here yet, so I am not thinking of staying that long, perhaps 3 months the most.
 Hoopsfan68
Msg: 57
Old pictures ...
Posted: 4/5/2013 3:47:21 PM
From my experience, I just don't see "old" photos, I see photos where you cannot make out the face all that well. I should have known better before going on a few dates where the guy just did not look like his photo. This includes blurry shots, photos with sunglasses on, etc... What I want to know is why so many men take photos and not smile. I find this odd. Maybe there are women who do this as well but I don't look at women's profiles. I think it's a good idea to date the photo when putting it on dating sites. Sure, people can lie, but I would hope they wouldn't.
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 58
Old pictures ...
Posted: 4/5/2013 6:47:22 PM
Idk but I think men dont smile as much for the same reason women does. It is simply because of giving out the wrong signals, meaning be considered as weird, loose, too nice, or something else. The way I see it, us men are hideous until we meet our dates for the first time at least in my opinion. Now she has the opportunities to find out for herself what her date is all about. What is her date's personality, his inner strength, cunning, humor, stealth, etc.

Here is what I also know. Just because a guy does not smile often like on a regualar basis or look serious does not mean he is a bad person. Approach a woman might be the oppropriate thing to do in public or elsewhere and I think this speaks to a large volume when considering this online dating preferance so to speak. Now online, many women expected the same level of curtosity but also wanted a guy smile along with it which is somewhat sounds like a give away in my opinion. It is like expecting a lot yet not know the outcome till she dates that guy in person.
 Hoopsfan68
Msg: 59
Old pictures ...
Posted: 4/5/2013 6:57:34 PM
^^^^^You have seconds or a few minutes to catch someone's attention via your profile. I'd like to see a man smile. I like men who laugh a lot. Men who laugh, smile....I don't think you can laugh without smiling. I think you have put way too much thought into the not smiling issue. No, if the man does not smile, he is not a bad person. But, with a smile, a person at least appears "happy." I am drawn to men who smile in their photos. (smile) :)
 loveandadventure77
Msg: 60
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/14/2013 11:42:27 PM
Who ever put the comment about dating the pictures is great. I hadn't thought of that. I will have to do that this week. All my pictures are recent except one from last year. Though I pretty much look the same in all of them.

The thing I find weird is when a guy puts up a picture (I am sure women do this too) and in each picture he looks like a totally different person...huh? How do I know which one he looks like now?

If a guy has a picture that is okay (somewhat attractive but I don't swoon immediately) but has a great profile(witty, informative, gives more information then just ask me), I will usually send him a message.

Do any of you find that the people who put a few extra pounds are really more BBW or very large people? To me a few extra pounds is 20 to 3o lbs not 75lb or more.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 61
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:58:56 AM
"To me a few extra pounds is 20 to 3o lbs not 75lb or more."

20 or 30 is now average, and 50 is a few extra.

Pictures? That's funny, I have been on POF for 3 years and I still see lots of the same photos, which weren't even current 3 years ago.
Good luck on those, ladies :)
 KalGrl
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/15/2013 12:00:42 PM
A few extra pounds to me is 20 or less. The key word is "few" I just don't see how anyone could define 50 + as a "few". There needs to be a new dictionary that provides definitions for the online dating world I guess.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/15/2013 2:07:41 PM
If the picture has plenty of fish on it...IT'S OLD
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 64
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/15/2013 3:56:52 PM
Re: reviewing profiles:
My new strategy: if pictures are not clear: next
if pictures look old: next
if all photos are in sunglasses: next
if pics are too far away: next
if no smiling photos with teeth: next
if a lot of pics are posed with opposite sex and no explanation of who people are: next
I probably forgot something.....will think about it and add to this later...

I've noticed some men's profiles included Halloween costume pictures and quite frankly the costumes were
creepy....yeah! that makes me interested.... :)
 loveandadventure77
Msg: 65
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/15/2013 8:37:02 PM
[/There needs to be a new dictionary that provides definitions for the online dating world I guess.]

KalGal, I love this idea. I have been wondering about certain things on here like what is Christian - Other?
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 66
Old pictures ...
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:39:06 PM

like what is Christian - Other?.

On the drop down, only the 6 largest Christian denominations are listed- Catholic, and the 5 largest Protestant denominations- so "other" would be any other Christian denomination that is not listed, such as Eastern Orthodox churches, Amish, Mennonite, and a host of non-denominational Christian sects, even Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons (which some do not consider Christian, however).
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 67
Old pictures ...
Posted: 10/12/2014 4:30:33 PM
People who post old pics are one thing... people who post old pics and don't even try to pretend it's not old are something else.

A guy on here Viewed Me... he is holding up a phone in his pic. The phone flips in half, is as big as a brick, and has a big fat antenna. REALLY? I mean, anyone can tell it's an old pic!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 68
Old pictures ...
Posted: 10/12/2014 7:42:39 PM

A guy on here Viewed Me... he is holding up a phone in his pic. The phone flips in half, is as big as a brick, and has a big fat antenna. REALLY? I mean, anyone can tell it's an old pic!

Maybe he's into antiques?
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Old pictures ...