Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How physical is TOO physical?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Malley
Msg: 23
How physical is TOO physical?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^ in others words, OP, it wasn't thoughts, advise or opinions you wanted, it was validation.
 morta1ez
Msg: 24
view profile
History
How physical is TOO physical?
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:30:18 PM
A relationship without sex is like a car with no gas. you need ALL aspects of a relationship for it to work.
 abelian
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/15/2011 10:40:15 AM
The sex WAS amazing, but I really do want to give this a fair shot.

If you've already had sex, the only shot you're getting by trying to go backward is shot in the foot. Having sex too soon wasn't the problem. Having too little else in commn to do anything but have sex was the problem and that's not going to change.

some people have sex right away and can estabish a relationship with no problem....

I think that's because those people (myself included) have more in common than just sex to begin with.
 acherokee
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/15/2011 11:58:06 PM
I so agree!! Working on your communication is #1. Sex for most people is a form of non-verbal communication n in the heat of the moment things get carried away.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/16/2011 9:38:04 AM
You need to give it up, if it didn't work out the first time there was a reason I don't think it has anything to do with rushing into things...
 T_TX
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:47:03 AM
Ruling out sex isn't the answer and putting each other in the friend zone isn't going to help either. The two of you where attracted to each other and you both enjoyed each other physically. The physical touch and sex the two of you share is a great way to communicate. Try some pillow talk before or after sex and see what happens.

Another great way to communicate is to send each other emails explaining how you feel, your fears, your hopes and aspirations about your relationship.
 Tomtastic72
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/18/2012 10:47:30 PM
Sorry for posting here

Apparently I am blocked by you :(
 Tomtastic72
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/18/2012 10:51:11 PM
This message is for Acherokee. As she is sending me messages and I cannot reply. Says I'm blocked.

They are not hate mail fyi

Help?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 5:38:07 AM
Tomtastic, you are committing forum abuse. You are likely going to get booted out for doing it. I understand your desperation, but you CAN NOT use the forums to broadcast messages to an individual.
 0ldhag
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/19/2012 5:53:08 AM
Unless it's sex, I don't know what more your going to build on. Unless your dating a women.
 beehearnow
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/19/2012 2:29:30 PM
So I'll go out on a limb here and guess that the basis behind the "too physical" quandary is that sex - especially amazing, well connected sex- does tend to affect one's judgement.

My advice: the only reason to avoid sex/kissing/rubbing, etc is because the two of you are not on the same page as far as trying to get back together. If one of you is looking for a booty call and the other looking for "forever" and "lets be friends first this time" is a way to tease each other and someone (maybe everyone) is going to end up hurt/frustrated no matter if you do the deed or not.

So you might as well get physical. Or simply forget each other. Quasi-friend/lover seldom works out best for all.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How physical is TOO physical?