Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stealth2
Msg: 64
How do you feel about interacial dating?Page 2 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
All of us are prejudiced to one degree or another, maybe just because of the history of American race relations. I personally find it preferable to marry an asian if you are gonna marry outside your race, because they are the beautiful woman in the world, second only to strawberry blonde. I sometimes wonder why I feel so strongly that babies from African/Caucasian marriage are not good looking, but I do. I would marry an asian if she was true and not a gold digger.
 jimi77
Msg: 70
How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:28:57 AM
I dated a korean and she really changed my view of the korean people.. it was a good thing.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:23:44 PM
To the OP:

A beautiful post! Yes, sometimes people still have the tendency to see people of their own races as "we", and others as "they". But there are so much cutural differences that we can learn about, learn to appreciate and to compromise with our own.

I've be friended with african people, korean people, japanese people, white people, and some indian people. Though I do identify with the asians generally better than anyone else, I find that all of my friends have one thing in common - humanity. They are capable of friendship and loyalty to their loved ones, they feel connected to their fellow human beings, they can be compassionate, they learns from their mistakes and strive for the future - cultural or skin color differences are just too insignificant when you look into people and see the similarities shared by all humans.

As for children - I don't care who they date, it makes little difference. As long as it is the prince/princess of their dreams and they'll be happy with their marriage for the rest of their lives...
 stealth2
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:11:35 PM
I have had a secret fondness for it all my life. But my serious relationship with another race did not work out. For that reason I am a lot more skeptical than I used to be about interracial. In principle I have nothing against it, however.
 stealth2
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:56:36 PM
Although I was engaged to another race woman one time (I am white Caucasian), I have always feared that mixed-race children are not beautiful. I really love my white race which is from Ireland or England (there are rumors I have an Indian squaw in my line). I think European is a great race. I don't understand why so many younger white girls in their 20's go with black men. I think they should prefer their own race. Why would they rather have a minority race man? JMHO
 funloving_25
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:29:04 PM
This topic really hits home. I have a 1 year old daughter that is half white and half black. This was the first time that I had dated outside of my race. To me I would never change anything that I have done. However, now it is very hard to find a white man that will date me because of my daughter (I live in a small southern town) But to me in the end I would rather be by myself than to have to deal wit hthe hate
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:02:15 AM
I have dated(*dated/non-sex) AmericanINdian,lebanese,latino,italian,french,english,greek, peurto rican-and I married an italiano-don't know if this is considered interracial???someone once said have you ever dated caucasion-??-well sure I have..
I do have a mother who rather not have her daughters interbreed although..two of my older nieces(we have a lot of girls in the family)and one of my nephews have children that are mixed with mexican, portugese, and spanish-those little darlings they have, are very beautiful!!My mother loves them..and so do all their aunts!so interracial is so common these days..Not like back when the Sco-Irish- clans stuck together in their own kind..I have a friend that is married to a phillipino gal-she is very nice. and I have met some orientals that are sweet.And I have maulado friends too. So-there you have it-americans do well with whom they love the bestest. Now I'll let you know if the greylings and martians have intermingled..lol which ever speciies survive it doesn't matter I suppose..life will still evolve.
 lisag1984_21
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/16/2005 10:51:08 PM
It is so good to finally see that there are people around that don't have a problem with interracial dating. I'm 21 and everyone of my past relationships has been with the opposite race. I just love a blk man and wouldn't give that up for anything in the world. Now, let me say this....love has no color, if i were to run into mr right and he was blue then i would be the first person in the history to date a blue man.

On the other hand, my parents have put me through alot of stuff about dating outside my race. Everything that could be said has been said to me....I'm just tired of everyone saying things like that to me and not considering how i feel. I mean they should be happy with me. Even if they don't accept it at least accept me and my decision not alienate me because of my choice. My own family turns their back on me, so that's why i'm single and if i do go out on a date with a blk man I do it very secretly..nobody knows about it. That's all I know to do. Any suggestions feel free to address me
 yohanna2
Msg: 90
How do you feel about interracial dating?
Posted: 10/21/2005 8:22:36 AM
atta dude 777,
Well said! Some people still seem to think that there is this 'MAJOR' difference between the races. But people are just people. They're good people and they're bad people. Let's stop playing into the stereotype.
 yohanna2
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/27/2005 6:26:39 AM
Hi tatalinia,
Aren't you Black? You look it. I mean you might be mixed race, but you can pass as a Black woman too. So you won't exactly be dating outside your race.
 livewirehere
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:09:49 PM
Personally, I've never seen race as an issue~~ But, I"ve had the "pleasure" of witnessing other's who think it is.... There are times I truly wonder what century we live in..>?
 bottleneckblues
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/6/2005 3:58:22 PM
I have no problem with it, I LOVE black women!!!
 livewirehere
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/6/2005 7:28:21 PM
Glad to hear you're not doing the "animal thing" gimpy~~
 hairybum
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/7/2005 4:49:27 AM
I prefer being with someone who is the same race as me. It'll make it easier to relate to each other. Currently I'm with someone who is Asian like me but of a different ethnicity. It's nice this way because we have both had the experience of growing up Asian-American, but are not so similar that it feels too close for comfort (which is how I feel about guys from the same ethnic background as me - I get that "brotherly" feeling from them).
 Shygal530
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:02:24 PM
For me, race is not an issue. Love is color blind. I am attracted to a man for what is in his brain and in his heart not for the color of his skin. As long as he treats me right and I'm happy it doesn't matter what race he is. I don't have kids yet but the choice will be their own to make. People look down on interacial dating and yes they are entitled to their opinions but I say if it doesn't affect your own life then stay out of mine. They also say that children of interacial parents are the ones who suffer. Hell, even I'm not a WASP! Get over it! HELLO, this is the 21st century we are supposed to be moving forward!! I feel if someone has a problem with it then it is their loss for being so ignorant.
 livewirehere
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:20:06 PM
Miss know-it-all thought she knew it all.. Monkey style... Please inform me gimpy~~
 Musikmaster
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/10/2005 4:31:47 PM
Martians and humans make strange offspring.
 sugarbee
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/10/2005 7:44:15 PM
whatever tickles your pickle.
 crzrck
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:43:42 PM
Its foolish to limit your choices of potential mates simply by race. I use to think interacial dating was foolish simply because it adds an extra stressor on a relationship and relationships can be stressful within themselves. Age brings experience and wisdom and I no longer subscribe to my previous thinking. Having dated women of all races Ive found the most important thing is to be on the same level spiritually.If your not equally yoked someones really gonna have to work hard getting the field tilled. Personally Ive found black women to be the most excepting of all women, being a blue collar guy with an active intellect. Ive delt with some pretty judgement white women who value what you do for a living over the kind of person you are.I cant stand that. I look back at my best relationships and they we all african american women with educations that surpassed mine but I never failed to engage them no matter if they we an attorney, nurse, or a CEO.I have a lot of respect for blk women. I rememeber one quote from a past blk girlfriend. " We have the worst of it. First we are women, then we are black, and the worst of it proffessional black women in a white male corporate world" Her words not mine. Made me think. Any woman who has the abiity to make me ponder over something I never thought of before has my vote.
 reba19
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:08:12 AM
People are just like animals. When you breed a golden retriever and a poodle and make a goldendoodle, what kind of dog is that? You lose the full qualities of both dogs to get half of one dog and half of another. People strive to keep bloodlines of different breeds of dogs, cats, horses, etc. pure and not mix them with other breeds. Humans should take those breeders as an example and keep each race pure, white, black, hispanic, etc. to keep the best of each race within it's own.
 Leeanne
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2006 2:57:15 PM
I like to embrace people for who they are - I have dated Mexican, Arab, Indian, White, African, you know what I can't really list them all 'cause some I just don't know. I base my relationships on the quality of their character and how they treat others. My boyfriend is African and I find I never really consider our race as a part of our relationship.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all drop the wall between the races?
 RockDotChic
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:42:11 PM
I live in a very small mining town, and there is nothin' but rednecks here...is that a race? LOL

But I don't have any issues with interracial dating personally. One of my dearest friends is married interracially (her hubby is black), she has been for several years, I know she has heard some flack over it from ignorant or racist people, and it is sad. Even if a person doesn't choose this for themselves, it is unfair to make a judgement on a person based on their ancestry, color, ethnicity, yada yada yada....I say keep an open mind, there is good in all people.

My friend I made reference to above...she was married yrs ago to a caucasian (she is blond hair blue eyed) and they had a beautiful daughter (now 23 yrs old)....a few yrs later, my friend remarried (the man she is with now)...he is a great person, and they have 2 GORGEOUS girls together. I always admired her strength, because I know at times she heard comments from people regarding her interracial marriage, and I wondered if I would be strong enough to deal with all that....some people seem to have a preconceived idea of what a person is like based on their color alone, which is sad.

And Veedub...how 'bout petite redheads? You don't discriminate against us do ya? LOL
 bottleneckblues
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:56:26 PM
Personally, I think black women are awesome, if there were more of them in my area, I would probably date them exclusively!!
 sapawin
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:12:39 AM
i feel people that have a problem with god that they need to take up with him because he created us the human race as long as i'm not dating a donkey i don't see whom i or anyone else dates as being an issue but these type of issues are for people with small minds they tend to forget we are not in charge
 sapawin
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:18:27 AM
it only takes faith and intelligence to live your own life be the issue where you work what you eat who you date
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >