Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 405
How do you feel about interacial dating?Page 22 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
not sure bidness that ur theory works.

but just so you know...no one can be "racist" against a white person...(i'll let ya chew on that one for a while)

i almost exclusively date latin women...i am white and i do not date white women. i almost did date one last year...

that does not make me a racist as someone saying "i refuse to date black/latin/asian women/men (presumably because of prejudices/racial issues)"

of course as I was watching avatar this weekend with this girl...i leaned over and whispered in her ear "gosh where can I find me a blue woman?"
 SrsBidness
Msg: 406
How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 2/8/2010 12:54:00 PM
Yes you can be racist against anyone including white people. This is the same silliness as saying "reverse racism." The opposite of racism is being not racist.

"I will only date someone of a specific race"

This statement is not less racist if I'm choosing a different race than my own and it is not more racist if I'm choosing my own race.
 Wstlcoguy66
Msg: 407
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:14:29 PM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Obama Please!
 Praetorian55
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:21:48 PM
I can just see the new trailer and tagline for Avatar

"Avatar - The Interracial-Interspecies love story of the century"

Me...I don't exclude anyone but at the same time I also don't have ulterior motives for dating
a woman of another race. I don't find Asian women "exotic" anymore than other women of different
races. I don't find black women more sexually open/agressive or whatever the stereotype is defacto there.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 409
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:28:53 PM

Yes you can be racist against anyone including white people. This is the same silliness as saying "reverse racism." The opposite of racism is being not racist.

"I will only date someone of a specific race"

This statement is not less racist if I'm choosing a different race than my own and it is not more racist if I'm choosing my own race.

to say i do not date white women is not racist...it could be construed as discrimination, which is a different thing....i did ask a white woman out last year and she said yes (we actually did not make it out that afternoon for drinks because i lost my job that afternoon and i wound up with someone that evening to console me who i had recently gone on a few dates with)...i did have a one nighter with a white woman the year prior...so that is not racism.

its preference.

the preference happens to be skin tone, body type, physical attraction, etc

just like a woman saying "i don't date guys under 6' tall and who are overweight...

racism deals with one race being superior over the other...
 SrsBidness
Msg: 410
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:32:55 PM
To say that you won't date someone because they are not your type is not racist, it is preference. To say that you will only date someone of a particular race because you are into the stereotypes of that race is.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 411
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:47:29 PM

To say that you won't date someone because they are not your type is not racist, it is preference. To say that you will only date someone of a particular race because you are into the stereotypes of that race is.

so would it be racist or stereotypical to say i don't date white women, cause i like women with bigger (but not fat) asses that latin and black women carry with them?
 SrsBidness
Msg: 412
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:58:06 PM
Yes because you are making the assumption based on race that only women of particular races have big asses.

You are judging all white women and all black women and all latin women based on a stereotype.
 SrsBidness
Msg: 413
Posted: 2/8/2010 2:00:43 PM
I think Avenue Q makes a good point. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdG_AOG1hS8
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 414
Posted: 2/8/2010 4:45:21 PM

You're not alone man. Many of us do that a bit. I just saw a couple (Asian Male/White Female) and I had to give props to the guy because she was a looker.

aww man, you saw an asian male with a white female? that is awesome. i laugh at how people say couples like this are impossible and yet, are increasing everyday. i hope to join that statistic soon.

you are right, but most people would not date or reject someone just because of their race. they just have a preference towards skin color. I hope you do not call me a racist because i prefer light skinned female to dark skinned ones.
 6citygal1
Msg: 415
Posted: 2/8/2010 7:07:45 PM
I have no problems with it. I have dated black men in the past.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 416
Posted: 2/9/2010 5:00:55 PM

he just lost his job but had been paying her rent /car note since her one year old child's dad does nothing for her

ah- i think s/be on the gold digger thread simultaneously....

i have no idea why some fool would ever consider paying for his gf's bills and whatnot...not a guy who works for a living...

to many fish in the see...

and yes I was the one that said that us white men do not see 'black women' as a status symbol...nothing racist about it...

white men that i know of- (myself included)...i do not consider a woman of any specific race as a status symbol....

i'd consider a woman a status symbol if she was a gorgeous model 10 type...that'd be my status symbol weather she be Naomi, Giselle, or Elle Mac (back in the day)...
 Praetorian55
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:10:04 AM
DeltaDallas

Interesting discussions. I think the first gal is pretty young. My best friend is white and he's like a brother to me. Depends on where you live on how accepting your family is going to be about dating outside of the race but I think she's using the "racist" angle as an excuse for why she's focusing on one type of guy.

The second couple...I'm not sure if his family is upset because he's with a black woman or upset because he's investing his money into a relationship that may not have any payoff. If it were my son in this situation i'd be concerned too.

And I agree that no woman is a status symbol or man for that matter based on race alone for most people. Though I will admit that a lot of people go through periods of their life where they perceive it as a status symbol. I remember being in 7th grade and a white gal liked me and I thought that was something because I had grown up in Eastern WA where white girls didn't bring home anyone not white.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:03:58 PM

maybe she should let him go for a couple of weeks. is he going to be a Big boy or a Little boy when it comes to deciding to be with you or his parents.

how sad that a 34-year-old woman sees nothing wrong with a manipulation like this, and how ironic that she sees it as a measure of maturity.

if an allegedly grown woman tried to test me like this, the relationship would be over. she would be showing she had no trust for me, and that i couldn't trust her not to manufacture drama and turmoil by acting out her insecurities. where there's no trust, there's no relationship.

of course, then she'd be 'proven right,' and i guess that's all that matters.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 419
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:48:50 PM
david...

ya seems these women are all into "testing" their man...

but they have not come to the realization that even if the man "passes" their "test"

the man might drop the course and try another subject...

somehow there are some on here that hadn't figured that one out yet.
 godfearing05
Msg: 420
Posted: 2/10/2010 5:47:55 PM
I am not sure if I have posted a reply to this or not, but here goes. I have dated women of different color and they were just that, Women. I can not control who I fall in Love with, besides, Who am I to deny what God have for me? If I were to try to stick to one race, it would be too easy to miss the love of my life and that is what we all want.
 bored_at_home88
Msg: 421
Posted: 2/11/2010 6:33:21 AM
I have no problem with my kids dating outside their race, since me and my husband are not the same race. Which also answers the question of whether I would do it. I think that someone``s character, how they treat you, and enjoying each other`s company are more important than race. If oyu find someone you love and want to spend your life with why let their skin color stop youÉ All relationships require compromise, dating outside your culture might just require a little more.
 sireel
Msg: 422
Posted: 2/11/2010 9:09:13 PM
How do I feel about interacial dating?

Yes, I would like to spread my seed as such to wipe out ALL other races and species on this planet and all others in this solar system.

What a stupid question.

The aliens will do that.
 angelbunz27
Msg: 423
Posted: 2/16/2010 4:25:35 AM
ghostdog1973, is crazy lol... but he had some good points. Love has no color so that answers the question and being of mixed heritage Dominican and Black I would say spread the love..... some people have peferences and those that do. DO YOU! Where I live our state is the interracial love state.

Interracial relationships is not for the weak minded, I dated a white male who was cool but he was not secure with himself because he always felt people were staring or some odd ball crap the possible love connect was mute. We now are close friends but he wants another chance...that boat sailed but let me meet a Man that is appealing I'm all notice I said man....white, yellow brown, black, lol beige fill in the lines. He gotta love BBWWC (Big Beautiful Women With Curves)
 BowHunter216
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2011 6:09:29 AM
It's not for me to tell people who to fall in love and marry, that's an individual decision. NOT BEING PC, I WILL Give you my take. INTERRACIAL dating and marriage is definitely not for me. At best marriage is a 50/50 proposition - that is, half end in divorce. Why add other factors to the equation and lesson your chances? The cultural divide is so great that finding common ground will present a challenge. It's usually best to stay within your racial or ethnic group to minimize the differences. Those marrying outside their racial group quite often find friends and family less accepting which brings added stress to the relationship.Times are changing so down the road maybe these differences will be less of a problem.
 WesternRose
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2011 8:48:08 AM
BH...I married the love of my life and we were very happily married until the day he died. Ours was truly a blended family on both sides since he was German, born and raised in Texas and I am a transplanted Texan originally from NJ. My family hails from two different sides of the Caribbean and our US origins are Georgia, Louisiana, and Virginia. Cultural divide...I think not. Minimize the differences..what differences? Perhaps there was a difference in the foods we normally ate because I didn't know too much about German cooking but it was something I learned from his family members. My husband used to think that he was the grill master till he met me and tasted my brisket, chicken, ribs, steaks and tenderloins. Not to mention the crabs and grilled seafood.

We always entertained and the minute an invite went out for a party at our home the R.S.V.P.'s came rolling in. He certainly didn't have your attitude and he was born in 1937 which would have made him 74 had he lived to see this upcoming birthday. Our families did everything together. We believed in togetherness. Our family unit consists of all hues and we don't find it difficult to get along in the slightest. Just call us the rainbow coalition and this is coming from a woman who votes a straight republican ticket whenever she goes to the polls unless there is a problem with the issue on the ballot in which case I vote for whomever has the best solution to the issue in my eyes.

I'll get off my soap box now that I've finished chomping at the bit.

mlt71
Msg: 426
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:26:03 PM
I love all color of women.........don't bother me.
 msright78
Msg: 427
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:05:38 PM
I personally don't have anything against inter racial dating. IN fact I welcome it. But that doesn't mean that I date anyone.

I will not date african american men at any cost but I will have one nighters with them. lol

My parents would kill me and not to mention, I have not met one black guy who wasn't dressed up like some thug with his pants down his ass and talked like a gangsta.

Im' sorry, ur not gonna get with me talking like 'u'z a friggen gangsta, tryin' to get with some honey' but ya'll can't even get no job and act like a tru homes'. fur real.

lol

Ok it's worse than that. And i hate it.

I have tried to date white guys but they are more afraid of getting beat up by some brown guy than interested in dating me. So yeah, that leaves me with the bad brown guys for life. ya heard! lol

grrrrrrr..I just want a decent, attractive, down to earth guy who isn't a gangsta wannabe.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 428
Posted: 12/16/2012 5:02:05 PM
cherryblossom: I seem to see more Asian male/white female pairings now. I think I came across at least two couples recently while I was out and about. Well, it's been the Asian female/white male pairing for some time, so why not the other way? :D

As far as the answer to question asked by the OP, I'd say I'm open to it, but also only have certain races that I'm attracted to, as well. I don't have anything against it, I'm just opposed to pairings where there's a huge age difference, as in 20-30 years. Just kidding. (A good number of men on match who were that much older were emailing me. And trust me, they looked their age or older.. Even when I had early 40s as the age limit)
 ExoticSapphire
Msg: 429
Posted: 12/18/2012 3:01:22 AM
I'm not a racist but my preference is Caucasian/Italian.
I'm Hispanic but I'm just not too attracted to my race or any others, I have something for Italian/British (English) men.

I don't care who my children were to date honestly as long as they're happy.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >