Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Manifest_Destiny
Msg: 316
How do you feel about interacial dating?Page 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

- love has no color...
but a black man....hmmmm sure does know how to be sweet.....

Yeah and no white guy ever has known how to be "sweet". Tell it like it is, you're just lusting for some jungle man. You hypocrite. We're just animals to you arent we? White woman anyway...
 Manifest_Destiny
Msg: 318
How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:02:17 PM
^ Hey, I'm actually defending our people. I can't stand white women who just want a black guy cause hes supposed to be some sex machine. Alot of white woman are like that. But you attack me instead, nice.
 Drlovegood
Msg: 323
Posted: 5/24/2007 5:00:33 PM
o.k no -one stated my last blog so.....il say it again ... cos i wanna

I have in my lifetime so far dated ,

english ( white ) english ( dark tanned ) , american , spanish , chinese, indian , black , whiter people ( extra white ) german , russian , greek ,turkish ,polish , brazilian , french , mexican, italian ,malaysian , portugese , lithuanian , and tibetian. ( sorry the rest of you i did'nt mention i did'nt forget you .. you know who you are .. ). ( just did'nt want to brag ... p.s you were and still are in my mind and are truly wonderfull people .. i miss you and want to say thank you for being in/ part of my life . xxx )

of which were many different types of religion and cultures .

when you meet or get to know a person ...

1 . do what you both feel is right ..( forgettabout the rest of the world ..or what they might think or say ) ...if your happy / content ..you got more than most . If your happy .. even unsure of happiness ( cos people try to condem you ), yet feel some type of magic ...then live it ...and be proud ..cos you are experiencing somthing others would only dream of .

2 . having 2 people date outside their colour is colour ( cause you both see, possiably love & feel, and care in technicolour . Love and care has never been limited to one race creed , religion ..respect each others views ..never judge ..co's a) one day you might be judged and B ) you are not god.

if you got yellow hands a white face with black arms and body ..and you met someone and fell for a person with a black face , yellow arms , and a white body . what you gonna say ... ( geez i wonder how our kids turnout )... or cant date you co's of the colour of your hands ...or face ....or body ..... ( i wonder what white people would think if it was proved that jesus was black ..( still think they would foloow christianity like they do now )

anyone seen the movie ....Guess who's com'in to Dinner , ( if not watch it ..get a better perspective on life ...think openly ..co's if you don't ( its you that is missing out )

if nature intended for one colour then the whole planet , ( including species )would have been one colour .

3 . people can be crazy , intelligent , jealous , narrowminded , greedy , and stupid ... and the rest ...( but then again ca'nt we all ( after all we are learning everyday ).

goodness is hard to find , sometimes it's in someone and you need to nuture to bring it out ..sometimes you can be in a relationship with unwanted stress not from your loved one ..but from everyone else .....I say to hell with other peoples opinions ...if you are happy or think you wanna / or gonna be happy ...then just do it .

mankind is not that intelligent , less than 200 yrs ago ... man was burning women , or drowning them claiming they were witches ( not that long ) not a lot of people had seen a black man ... niether did a black man see a white man ...

we are our colour becuase of the planet ...the sun and the earth . our pigmentation has given us colour ...( but its our upbringing and social / religious circles that may have either given us more wisdom , or more than likely taken what little wisdom we were due away.

now lets go forward 2007 is now 2607 do you wanna know how many white people , black people are left .....there still there ( hopefully every creed ) and more ...many more different colours , cultures new and old .

aww co-mon mankind try'in to decide if interacial relationships are good ...( yet less than 50/60 years ago we were killing people co's they were white ..but jews.... ????

The truth ..the truth is you ..your happiness , with you and your partner ...be whatever colour race , religion they are ..if you can belive it to be,.. it is ...beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...but we can even care ., date someone who is the most ugly mf on the planet but if you feel special with them , or if you care , or if your just content ( in your zone ) then screw everyone opinion ..its you life its what you belive in and you carry on .
after all mankind is extreamly jealous and narrowminded . (

p.s even elfs know mankind is narrowminded ..thats why they stick to themselves you hardly ever hear of a elf that goes out dating with human people . ( i guess only when they are desperate or on a dare for santa )

Manifest_Destiny
Msg: 324
Posted: 5/24/2007 6:23:34 PM

Jewel, what WAS that dude talking about anyway? I feel for any black man who can, even jokingly, refer to himself or anyone else for that matter, as "jungle man". And ya....sounded a wee bit bitter.

Actualy, jungle man was what some white **** refered to me as in a message. This is the kind of attitude they have towards us. Its disgusting.
 kidstoys37
Msg: 325
Posted: 5/30/2007 6:39:43 PM
i love black women and women of any race!!! color doesn't matter as long as you are both happy with one another..i have also found that black women treat me better,just my 2 cents
 lucilou
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 7:41:17 PM
I have dated hispanic, white and of mixed race, they are all differnet in one way or the other. I havent dated black which is not because I dont like them, its because I havent have the chance to date one. I think race is not the issue, its the chemistry between the 2 person. Good luck to every one . Lucilou
 lucilou
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 7:50:36 PM
Ups!!! sorry ladies and guys wrong spelling on different- correction please, thanks
 NancyC123
Msg: 333
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:15:25 PM
Although I've dated within my race when I was younger, my preference now are caucasian men.
 phoenixchi
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:39:13 PM
Hi I've just read your comments and felt that I had to respond.

As a black British woman, I just do not understand the American obsession with 'interacial' dating. Surely if you meet someone and there's a mutual attraction, then why not date - if they then turn out not have the qualities that you're looking for, then you move on.

There are even feature films (American of course) that make such a huge deal out of these relationships such as 'Guess Who' about an interacial couple. I watched that film in total disbelief and couldn't believe that in this day and age, that certain factions of society still considered such relationships as being considered taboo!

It's about time you Americans came out of the dark ages and into the 21st Century! I am not a naive woman, I have had my fair share of racism and I'm very much in touch with my cultural roots. Those who are intolerant to 'interacial' dating ( I even hate the term - why the label?) have the problem and it should not affect your choice in who you date.

In Britain, the term 'interacial' dating does not exist. It is not an issue over here or unusual as it is in the States. It is more about what qualities an individual has to offer in a relationship, not whether they are black or white or green! I have many girlfriends and male friends of all races and who have dated or married 'outside' of their race. When we women get together - it won't be about 'oh my God, he or she is going out with some who is black, white or martian. It will be about the normal things that men and women go through when dating or in a relationship.

So stop making this an issue and as you say 'get with the programme' and start living in the 21st Century.
 phoenixchi
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:50:35 PM
ps just to wanted to say I have dated men who are black and white, eventually married someone who was white which lasted 18 years and we have two children. At the end of the day he was male! And as the saying goes 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' and I will never understand the complexities of the male mind, that's if they have one!
 Lynsteph74
Msg: 348
Posted: 7/10/2008 7:40:49 PM
I have dated men of several different races before. There was once a movie...I think it was called "He's got Game"? Its about some black kid who goes to college on a b-ball scholarship, and begins to date a white chick. His teammate tells him the "rules"...one of which being that (according to him) white women are wimps, will do his cooking and laundry, WHILE paying his bills,etc, etc, and black women will NOT take his crap, so, the friends' advice is that he take the easy route and date the white chick....I really dont remember much else about the film, but, being a white woman, I took exception to that portrayal, and that much stuck, anyway.

Being a somewhat older, and hopefully wiser white woman now, I can see that there ARE some cultural differences. Not true in every case, but true to a large enough degree. I am what some would call a BBW...and I don't know if that plays into it at all or not, but I do know that I can walk into ANY Mexican bar in town, and count on drinking free all night if I am willing to dance once or twice. I can go to a Black bar, and will get asked to dance a couple of times, but since I look more like a frog in a blender dancing to rap, I always say that I prefer to play pool.....I dunno what would happen if I ever did dance there, LOL. If I go into a White bar, though....I better have a friend with me to talk to, and my own money for pool and beer, cause aint nobody asking me nothing. I have dated and dumped men of all races...and been dumped by men of all races, for various reasons.

Now that I have kids, though, I tend to stick to white guys, primarily because if I were ever to have any more kids, I would want them to "match", physical-appearance-wise.....I dont know if that makes me a bigot or a racist or anything else, but it is there now, for me, and before, it wasn't. I wouldn't ever rule anything out based on race, if it happened, but I would not intentionally begin anything with a black man now, either.

Who cares what race my kids date? As long as they have the guts to stand up to any bigots they encounter, and as long as they are happy and being treated right, I would be a happy mama.

Soneone once told me (and PLEASE dont yell at me, I am only giving my theory based on his information) that black folks have thicker skulls...and white skulls are thinner, (he also went on about intelligence based on brain weight, but we wont go there, he is racist, nuff said, ok?) My theory would be then that a person of mixed-heritage would, evolutionarily speaking, have the advantage in that situation. And I have never seen an ugly mixed-race person....ever. And I dont care what is PC, God did make some ugly babies...black ones AND white ones.

I sometimes wonder what we will all find to argue and fuss about, in a couple-few hundred years, when we are all a nice beige color, and all speak Javanese?

Kukaku
Msg: 373
Posted: 11/3/2008 8:28:33 PM
I don't have a problem with it as I date inter-racially. I have been given a hard time by black guys when they find out that I date inter-racially. When I was with my ex, walking down the street, black guys would give us looks or make comments. I honestly don't care who others date as long as they are happy. I'm just happy to see people getting along and loving each other.
 gingernuts
Msg: 374
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:41:49 PM
Think secret is, be happy

I am all for people dating outside races as beautiful people in all races and i admit some kids i have seen in my travels from people dating outside of races are such beautiful looking kids but aint all kids beautiful.

Think only issue is some people in realtionships have cultural differences thats sometimes you do not know or thought about and when in a commited relattionship you do not then want to live or believe in these ideals.
So may cause an issue for some...
Also as someone said what other people family think.
As we all know well i think long as happy be hapy follow your heart.. if do not work well big world millions more....

Thanks
 19justice78
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:02:06 PM
Relationships are hard enough with out complicating it with race, cultural and religious issues. So I don't do it. To much of a hassle.

Would I let my kid date outside of his white race. Yea we have had this conversation and it gets it. If hes willing to take on the hassle than have at.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:20:04 AM
I adopted non racial behavior when I was a child. Although racism existed amongst groups, it was individualized learning that of a best freind before prejudice could take hold which was my fate. To this day, my best freind since the second grade has been a african/american. It was my understanding of what a true freind was which over rode any and all views of non acceptance based on race. I realize all people are human and have the ability to love any human being and love rises above all. Yes I would not object to my child dating outside of his/her race. They have the right to learn the lessions life may not teach them
 1goodguy09
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 1:17:02 PM
totally disgusting to see the white naive girls falling for these black men just to get used and abused!! kinda funny though when they come back to white guys like myself and we shun them away like the trash that they now have become..stupid girls..lol
 ScotiaGoldenGirl
Msg: 395
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 4:18:33 PM
I honestly hope that in this day and age people wouldn't consider race, ethnicity or nationality as part of the criteria in finding a partner. I don't think I react any differently when I see an interracial couple. I had a step nephew who married a wonderful woman who was black and they were well accepted--by his 80 plus grandmother (as it should be).
I only hope when people date/marry interracially it is because of real feeling and not the novelty of it. Now, if an interesting man comes my way you can surely bet I would not pass him by because he was black, asian or another ethnicity. And, I would be just as open if others in my family/friends made the same choice.
Would I give a second glance to someone outside the perceived norm--absolutely!
 Praetorian55
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2010 12:17:00 PM

interracial dating is awesome, though i do feel internally jealous if i see a white girl with a black guy or asian girl with a white guy for reasons i do not know.

You're not alone man. Many of us do that a bit. I just saw a couple (Asian Male/White Female) and I had to give props to the guy because she was a looker.

In the end I'm a believer in multiple "Soulmates" and opening up the "pool" increases your chances of finding one of them elusive soulmates.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:21:48 PM
I can just see the new trailer and tagline for Avatar

"Avatar - The Interracial-Interspecies love story of the century"

Me...I don't exclude anyone but at the same time I also don't have ulterior motives for dating
a woman of another race. I don't find Asian women "exotic" anymore than other women of different
races. I don't find black women more sexually open/agressive or whatever the stereotype is defacto there.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:10:04 AM
DeltaDallas

Interesting discussions. I think the first gal is pretty young. My best friend is white and he's like a brother to me. Depends on where you live on how accepting your family is going to be about dating outside of the race but I think she's using the "racist" angle as an excuse for why she's focusing on one type of guy.

The second couple...I'm not sure if his family is upset because he's with a black woman or upset because he's investing his money into a relationship that may not have any payoff. If it were my son in this situation i'd be concerned too.

And I agree that no woman is a status symbol or man for that matter based on race alone for most people. Though I will admit that a lot of people go through periods of their life where they perceive it as a status symbol. I remember being in 7th grade and a white gal liked me and I thought that was something because I had grown up in Eastern WA where white girls didn't bring home anyone not white.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:03:58 PM

maybe she should let him go for a couple of weeks. is he going to be a Big boy or a Little boy when it comes to deciding to be with you or his parents.

how sad that a 34-year-old woman sees nothing wrong with a manipulation like this, and how ironic that she sees it as a measure of maturity.

if an allegedly grown woman tried to test me like this, the relationship would be over. she would be showing she had no trust for me, and that i couldn't trust her not to manufacture drama and turmoil by acting out her insecurities. where there's no trust, there's no relationship.

of course, then she'd be 'proven right,' and i guess that's all that matters.
 godfearing05
Msg: 420
Posted: 2/10/2010 5:47:55 PM
I am not sure if I have posted a reply to this or not, but here goes. I have dated women of different color and they were just that, Women. I can not control who I fall in Love with, besides, Who am I to deny what God have for me? If I were to try to stick to one race, it would be too easy to miss the love of my life and that is what we all want.
 angelbunz27
Msg: 423
Posted: 2/16/2010 4:25:35 AM
ghostdog1973, is crazy lol... but he had some good points. Love has no color so that answers the question and being of mixed heritage Dominican and Black I would say spread the love..... some people have peferences and those that do. DO YOU! Where I live our state is the interracial love state.

Interracial relationships is not for the weak minded, I dated a white male who was cool but he was not secure with himself because he always felt people were staring or some odd ball crap the possible love connect was mute. We now are close friends but he wants another chance...that boat sailed but let me meet a Man that is appealing I'm all notice I said man....white, yellow brown, black, lol beige fill in the lines. He gotta love BBWWC (Big Beautiful Women With Curves)
 BowHunter216
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2011 6:09:29 AM
It's not for me to tell people who to fall in love and marry, that's an individual decision. NOT BEING PC, I WILL Give you my take. INTERRACIAL dating and marriage is definitely not for me. At best marriage is a 50/50 proposition - that is, half end in divorce. Why add other factors to the equation and lesson your chances? The cultural divide is so great that finding common ground will present a challenge. It's usually best to stay within your racial or ethnic group to minimize the differences. Those marrying outside their racial group quite often find friends and family less accepting which brings added stress to the relationship.Times are changing so down the road maybe these differences will be less of a problem.
 WesternRose
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2011 8:48:08 AM
BH...I married the love of my life and we were very happily married until the day he died. Ours was truly a blended family on both sides since he was German, born and raised in Texas and I am a transplanted Texan originally from NJ. My family hails from two different sides of the Caribbean and our US origins are Georgia, Louisiana, and Virginia. Cultural divide...I think not. Minimize the differences..what differences? Perhaps there was a difference in the foods we normally ate because I didn't know too much about German cooking but it was something I learned from his family members. My husband used to think that he was the grill master till he met me and tasted my brisket, chicken, ribs, steaks and tenderloins. Not to mention the crabs and grilled seafood.

We always entertained and the minute an invite went out for a party at our home the R.S.V.P.'s came rolling in. He certainly didn't have your attitude and he was born in 1937 which would have made him 74 had he lived to see this upcoming birthday. Our families did everything together. We believed in togetherness. Our family unit consists of all hues and we don't find it difficult to get along in the slightest. Just call us the rainbow coalition and this is coming from a woman who votes a straight republican ticket whenever she goes to the polls unless there is a problem with the issue on the ballot in which case I vote for whomever has the best solution to the issue in my eyes.

I'll get off my soap box now that I've finished chomping at the bit.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >