Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > "Ending Up Alone" - Who fears The Reaper?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 joemac356
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Ending Up Alone - Who fears The Reaper?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
"There is no natural cure to lung cancer. Likely you were misdiagnosed to begin with. That happens from time to time, in this case the misdiagnosis was to your advantage..."

Is that a fact?
Let me guess...you're part of the mainstream health care system?
You don't know anything about my situation, other than the limited info from my post.
 Kevjohns
Msg: 102
Ending Up Alone - Who fears The Reaper?
Posted: 9/1/2011 10:36:01 AM
You're correct, I was in error. Let me restate it. There is no KNOWN natural cure to lung cancer and NO natural cure supported by medical evidence or science. If I was dealing with a potentially terminal disease, I would choose to go with medicine that has been proven to work instead of relying on Suzanne Sommers for medical advice. At any rate, you learned a good life lesson . . I have heard surviving a brush with death does wonders in changing a person's perspective about life and what is important and what is not.
 maryjay51
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/1/2011 1:13:42 PM
last year when i was turning 50 i thought to myself..what do i want to do with the rest of my life??? i started my 50s by throwing myself a birthday party where i asked for no gifts but donations to my favorite charity.. i raised 5k and had the time of my life.. since then i got my bachelor degree.. have helped out numerous people and made the big decision to make a move to florida and spend more time with my sister and nieces.. i am making a huge effort to see everyone in my life and touch base with lost friendships.. its made a huge difference for me to do these things.. im living life again. before that i was a workaholic and lost sight of the more important things. most importantly if i died tomorrow , i will have lived a full life and everyone can say that about me.. also will leave a ton of laughs behind for folks to talk about when im gone.. life just cannot get any better than this for me so i enjoy every moment and try to make a difference wherever i go.
 DharmaBumInFL
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2011 10:28:42 PM
I got a call once from a salesman who wanted to sell me mortgage protection insurance. Upon finding out I have no children and no wife- he tried to frighten me with "The government will own your house if you die"- untrue really, but even if it were- what the hell do I care, which is what I said. At that time I'll have way bigger fish to fry (or not), so who cares.
 satx78218
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2011 6:58:54 AM
While being without a partner through old age is pretty bad, losing autonomy is much worse.
 Fleuron
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/2/2011 12:45:16 PM
Msg 103

If I was dealing with a potentially terminal disease, I would choose to go with medicine that has been proven to work instead of relying on Suzanne Sommers for medical advice.

That is so incredibly disrespectful.

You think you know what you’d do in joemac356’s situation, and your choice would be superior to his; he was wrong, his oncologist was wrong, everybody was wrong except you, and you made your diagnosis from a post on a dating site thread. Jeez.

OT

I don’t fear death…I just hope I go quickly.

Msg 104

life just cannot get any better than this for me so i enjoy every moment and try to make a difference wherever i go.

Kevjohns
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/2/2011 2:18:55 PM
I only know what i would do. I am well aware there are people who put their lives on the line by ignoring evidence based medicine and relying on unproven alternative trestments. Most of those people lose their gamble. Their choice.
 dashenka4
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:43:03 AM
You are rather bitter, beenambedie....
What are you doing on a dating site with that amount of hatred for the women? You don't want to date them, you want to beat them lol
 m14shooter
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:42:58 PM

I hope my dead stinch filled body is found by a woman and hopefully one of the women who has treated me like shit. Maybe then they will get my shit all over them. oh what poetic justice that would be.

To answer the question. I would rather be alone then to put up with all the shit that women seem to be full of.

I couldn't agree more.
 m14shooter
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:54:32 PM

You are rather bitter, beenambedie....
What are you doing on a dating site with that amount of hatred for the women? You don't want to date them, you want to beat them lol

Maybe if you had dated men like some of the women guys have dated you would get the frustration. My best friend is a woman half my age and she absolutely hates other women and the way they act. I don't think he wants to beat women he just wants them to be lady like again just like most of us want. I absolutely love women but I hate them for the way they act the majority of the time.
 meowsaidthetigress
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/5/2011 2:14:12 PM
Are we not all products of our experiences?
Treat others the way you wish to be treated in return, especially when dating.
Do I fear being alone? Not me- as most posters are already aware the two men I loved in life has passed long ago. Would I like to share my life with a man? Yes but I do not believe that includes fitting into some stereotype of what they would wish for me to be. I find both genders to be equally jaded, but many men tend to never forgive or forget. Most women nurture by nature and have the emotional capacity for greater forgiveness. That instinct is very maternal.

Do I fear death? I think I will welcome it when its my time because it is the cycle of living itself.
 Welsh474
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/5/2011 3:18:55 PM
"Maybe if you had dated men like some of the women guys have dated you would get the frustration". Do you figure men have the market cornered on having bad dates, inconsiderate dates, cranky/bitter dates, mean/nasty dates - I don't think so. Many on here and in real life are jaded by who they have dated, lived with or married - both genders. All we (both men and women) is to be treated with respect - do unto others.

I don't fear the reaper, I'm not ready to go right at this moment as I have a lot of living to do. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who fits me and I fit him - I don't want to do it alone.
 CynM
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/5/2011 3:39:44 PM
I will die alone. That is a fact I accept. I'm not afraid of death because I believe in an immortal soul.

In the meantime I have a lot of living to do and I'm doing it. I'm often physically alone and that's ok. I prefer to share my life with a man. But there isn't any settling involved - by either of us. I've heard/read lots of terms to describe the sort of deep relationship I'm looking for - intimate, connected, deep, 'soul mate', etc. But, the description I like best is "communion". With communion, even when I'm physically by myself I am not emotionally or spiritually alone.
 Fleuron
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/5/2011 4:05:17 PM

I absolutely love women but I hate them for the way they act the majority of the time.

Be sure to include this info on your dating profile.
 beenambedie
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:20:01 PM
kevjohns on 9/1/2011 101 PM
Subject: Ending Up Alone - Who fears The Reaper?
Message: You're correct, I was in error. Let me restate it. There is no KNOWN natural cure to lung cancer and NO natural cure supported by medical evidence or science.

And there NEVER will be a KNOWN natural cure because any natural cure that does work won't be acknowledged by scientists, doctors or our government because drug companies make to much money on the medicines that are supposed to work. They will not allow a NATURAL cure to be KNOWN about.
There are actually NATURAL cures for lots of things but our wonderful government will NOT let them be KNOWN. Wake up and smell the coffee people and quit trusting your government to tell you everything. They won't ever do it.
 beenambedie
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:46:44 PM
dashenka4 on 9/5/2011 103 PM

I absolutely do NOT get why you say I want to beat women. I never said or implied such a thing. All I basically said was that I want women to experience the same $hit they have put me through. None of which is known by anyone on this site so nobody has a right to judge my opinion. Bitter no: Realistic yes.
I also never said I hated women. Again I just want them to experience the same $hit they put me through and if you would bother to read my post I really mean the ones who have put me through hell. I never said anything about ALL women.
I am on this site because I enjoy the forums. I would never expect to find a quality woman here.
Your post is the kind of thing that is wrong as far as women go. You did not actually read what was written. You saw what you wanted to see and immediatly made me out a jerk. MOST guys that are jerks are that way BECAUSE of women.Women also tend to have selective hearing when it comes to men. Women spend much energy trying to find what is bad about a guy instead of appreciating what is good. There are bad things about everyone. Nobody is perfect, man or woman.

BTW: thanks for the support m14shooter.

P.S. my screenname beenambedie goes right along with this thread.
Been alone
Am alone
Be alone
Die alone
 Kevjohns
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:58:24 PM
Well Been, I invest in Biotech companies working their butts off to find cures to various cancers. I am hoping to strike it rich if one of these companies come through. Unfortunately, it is very, very difficult . . . but it happens. Dendreon came up last year with a drug that helped prolong the lives of Prostate Cancer patients, not a cure, just a treatment. Its stock price went from 2 to 40 in the blink of an eye. The people who think like you do are actually the ignorant ones. You don't think there are hundreds of companies out there working to cure particular forms of cancer? If you know of some natural cures, market them and make yourself very, very rich. Why wouldn't you.

Regardless, this is not on topic here and I suggest we take it to an off topic thread if you want to continue the same.

By the way, I do question the FDA. It reversed a decision to approve Avastin for treatment of Breast Cancer even though the drug keeps some women alive. It apparently decided the treatment was simply too expensive and did not keep enough women alive for a long enough period of time to justify its expensive use.
 CynM
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/5/2011 6:10:52 PM

Been alone
Am alone
Be alone
Die alone

Wishing you much success in your endeavor.

I'm nothing if not supportive.
 beenambedie
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 9:06:15 PM
kevjohns on 9/5/2011 824 PM
Message: Well Been, I invest in Biotech companies working their butts off to find cures to various cancers. I am hoping to strike it rich if one of these companies come through. Unfortunately, it is very, very difficult . . . but it happens. Dendreon came up last year with a drug that helped prolong the lives of Prostate Cancer patients, not a cure, just a treatment. Its stock price went from 2 to 40 in the blink of an eye. The people who think like you do are actually the ignorant ones. You don't think there are hundreds of companies out there working to cure particular forms of cancer? If you know of some natural cures, market them and make yourself very, very rich. Why wouldn't you.

Regardless, this is not on topic here and I suggest we take it to an off topic thread if you want to continue the same.

By the way, I do question the FDA. It reversed a decision to approve Avastin for treatment of Breast Cancer even though the drug keeps some women alive. It apparently decided the treatment was simply too expensive and did not keep enough women alive for a long enough period of time to justify its expensive use.

Well, another one who can't read. Ok, let me say it again I couldn't market a NATURAL cure if I wanted to. Our wonderful government would NOT allow it. They are to influenced by drug companies who make billions selling their drugs. Doctors are trained in traditional medicine not natural cures. Again rich drug company influence.
Yes there are scientists out there trying to find cures and spending billions doing it. STUPID when NATURAL cures exist but are not allowed to be used. If NATURAL cures were marketed the drug companies would go broke. They WILL NOT let that happen.
Actually it's people like you who put so much faith in government and doctors who are ignorant. Wake up people it is all a money scam.
 m14shooter
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:26:51 PM

Well Been, I invest in Biotech companies working their butts off to find cures to various cancers.

There is no profit in curing ANY disease as if it is cured there are no future profits for drug companies. There will never be a cure for any cancer that I could afford as the field of medicine is nothing more than using us as their lab subjects so the ultra rich can live a few more years.

If you know of some natural cures, market them and make yourself very, very rich. Why wouldn't you.

The FDA would NEVER allow a cure for cancer to hit the market because the drug companies that controls them wont allow it.

Like I said there is no profit in a cure.
 sharl123
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 5:04:35 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???
 meowsaidthetigress
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/6/2011 5:07:23 AM
I'll take some hokey pokey and raise you... ermm never mind...
 Kevjohns
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/6/2011 6:26:45 AM
People in the government and working for pharmaceutical companies and their children also die from cancer, but I kind of suspect the same people who believe this stuff are the same people who argue that the US government intentionally brought down the towers.

Anyway, off topic so I am done here. If you guys want to start another topic under Off-Topic posts, I will be happy to show you how and why your opinions do not make a lick of sense.
 1charlie5757
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/6/2011 7:29:23 PM
One of my main fears, is the landlord finding me after I didn't come pay the rent.
 Hudsonview10960
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:12:24 AM
Personally, I'm just looking forward to the morphine.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > "Ending Up Alone" - Who fears The Reaper?